Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

2. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@Torchwood Congrats! How are you feeling about it?

3. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@peachykeen: Same! I was induced at 38 weeks last time, although my OB said last week that I won't be going past 39 weeks. I feel like a first time mom again! Will I go into labor on my own? How will it feel?

4. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Torchwood: Yay!

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Torchwood: yay!!! congrats!

6. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: I was waiting for your update! Congratulations- join me on the dark side . Hope you're feeling ok about the news.

7. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@KNS: @pmerr: @MrsBrewer: Thank you! Definitely some mixed feelings, but already getting excited for something different! And I'm SO relieved everything was normal!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: oh congratulations on healthy results! And congratulations on a BOY! Is DH shocked? Are you OK? Just remember, if you do have gender disappointment, we are here for you, non-judgmental, you can share your tears with us. It might be me in 2 weeks. But when you hold him in your arms it will all be PERFECT!

9. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Congratulations on your good results and your BOY! One more milestone, right?

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3), SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2), MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Feb 14 - Mrs. Microscope
    Feb 15 - MommySLP
    Feb 16 - Mrs. Pickle
    Feb 24 - Mrs. Pickle, PeachyKeen
    Mar 2 - Pmerr
    Mar 3 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 6 - Mrs. Brewer

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Torchwood: congrats!!

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: Yed! It's such a relief every time we pass one more hurdle.

@Mrs. Microscope: There's definitely some disappointment. I actually had a Minnie Mouse baby outfit in the Amazon cart (LO is obsessed with Mickey and Minnie, though she thinks they're all Oswald, and I thought it would help her with the new baby if it had some clothes with them). But I think I'd be a little disappointed either way. It could never be both, since we don't want another, so there was always going to be something we'd never have. In this case it's sisters. But it'll be neat to have one of each! And hey, it should stop some of the "aren't you going to try again for a boy" crap that I hear other people get.

13. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Torchwood: Congratulations! I'm so glad everything came back normal, it's such a huge relief.

14. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Oh, and I guess it's time to start sorting and purging baby clothes! 😬

15. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: totally feel you on this - I said to my husband it's just very final, because we are definitely done after this one, so I know we don't get sisters, but we do get one of each.

16. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Torchwood: Congrats on everything looking great!!

@peachykeen: My next appt. is 2/23 and my anatomy scan is 3/10.

17. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Okay, purging clothes is depressing. Not because of gender disappointment specifically, just having to get rid of SO many clothes. I'm keeping some that are girly (and all that are not), but even I have some hesitation to overdo it until he's old enough to have an opinion (then it's whatever he wants, no matter what). We got so much as gifts that some she only wore once or twice. 😕 Keeping the favorites for a quilt at least.

18. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

Just coming on to say that I'll be on vacay for a couple weeks, so I won't really be on. I'll try to check in on my phone, but since HB isn't an app I can check, I probably won't.

19. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Torchwood and @Revel - Hooray for boys! I have LOVED having a son - I know you will too! The bond between mommies and their sons can be sooo special and unique.

20. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Revel: I"m still taking Unisom & B6. I fell asleep the other day and didn't take anything and I paid for it the next two days, so even though I feel like I should be past this, I'm scared to stop. Not sure when I'll test the waters on that again.

@Torchwood: Congrats on a boy! And to you and @Revel: both, I'll be the first to admit, that I really struggled with having boys and it lasted to a lesser degree until they were born. So, I just want to say, that while you both seem to be adjusting to the news of sweet little boys, I think it's so normal to have mixed emotions and that there will be little things that may hit you after you think you are totally adjusted. But, guys, seriously, they are SO much fun, and they will love you so, so hard. Of course, another little girl would adore you, too, but at least with my little boys, they look at their mama like no one else in the world. It's like you're part mom, part princess, and part their first love. Finn asks me all the time if I'm married already because he wants to marry me. And while, it's a little weird to explain to your son that no, he can't in fact marry you, it's so precious that they see you as this perfect woman and who else would he possibly consider but you! Know what I mean? Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you both again to let yourself feel all the mixed emotions but know that these little boys are going to rock your worlds in the best possible way.

21. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Torchwood: @Mrs. Blue: I was TG, and went back and forth what I wanted (I wanted a girl for the fun girl things, but am so used to hanging with my brother that I'm just used to boy things). I am almost hoping for a boy this time. Boys are just so sweet and fun!!

22. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@pmerr: @Mrs. Blue: @coddergirl: you guys are so sweet! I'm totally coming around and feeling positive and excited about the newness of it all. It seems silly to lament anything about what is so far a healthy pregnancy, at least for too long, although of course my feelings on this are valid. I'm very interested in my daughter's reaction next week when we tell her - I'm anticipating some disbelief that it's a brother!

23. Mrs. Pickle

Y'all. It's not possible to feel baby movement at 12 weeks right?! I'm feeling what feels like very early kicks. It doesn't feel like gas. So weird.

24. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: My initial response is of course not, way too early. But my pregnancy app has gone from saying "the baby is moving a lot but you can't feel it" to "you almost certainly can't feel it." Which would imply it's possible?

@Mrs. Blue: I'm not gonna lie, I'm still having some major "really?! A boy?!" moments. It's hard getting rid of all the super girly stuff and all. But I really am coming around to it more and more. I'm glad we didn't do team green though. I need this time to process.

Though OMG we are never going to agree on a name. I only really like one, which DH has vetoed. He has a couple he's okay with but I don't like them. I know we have months to decide but I swear it feels like this kid is gonna be baby boy Smith for his whole life.

25. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I *swear* I've been feeling something since week 13 ... I'm in week 16 now, and I'm expecting it to be confirmed this week (I felt LO1 at 17 weeks last time).

@Torchwood: Maybe you should wait a bit to sort through clothes ... let the news sink in, and approach the purge when you're a little further along. Have you shopped for baby yet? DH bought a little pair of newborn leggings over the weekend and I almost died. THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!

26. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @littlejoy: I've possibly felt movement on and off since 13 weeks but then I'll go days without feeling anything, so who knows. I felt flutters at 16 weeks with DD1 and definite kicks at 18 weeks, so I figure it won't be long either way! (14+4 today)

27. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: I remember being pretty upset around weeks 17-19 last time (while waiting for the anatomy scan), because movement just wasn't regular, and I was so afraid something was wrong. Sometimes I just wish I could be one of the "I didn't know I was pregnant" people, ha.

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: I'm amazed - DH actually liked the top three names I showed him over the weekend! It was such a battle with DD1 because he is a teacher and has connotations to just about every name out there... Ugh. I'm just happy to have a good start so far - neither one of us has thought much about it yet.

29. Mrs. Pickle

@Torchwood: @peachykeen: I gave DH a list of names on Friday and he crossed all of them off except two. So we are down to my favorite and his favorite. I have a feeling she'll be named his favorite. He has a harder time falling in love with a name than I do. The same thing happened with DD1. Last time my fave was Rose and his was Rosalie. This time it's Caroline and Adaline. The names are similar enough and meet all of my criteria so I don't mind letting him have the final pick. We are waiting until we get ultrasound confirmation to confidently say "this is her name."

30. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

I am impressed with those of you who have made name progress. My husband falls into the cliche of liking names we grew up with- which makes them definite "mom names" it's like he scrolled through the member list of my moms club.

31. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Cole: We know we aren't naming baby until we meet him/her, so I think my husband uses that to not be serious about name chats this early. This morning, he was like, "What about Maple for a girl?" - which ... struck me. I don't know how I feel about it, but I was surprised he's even entertaining the idea of names this early.

32. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@littlejoy: Maple is far better than my husband's suggestion of Gyn!

33. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Cole: Oh no. LOL.

34. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

We have 2 names for each gender, but we will revisit at about 30 wks, then make a final decision at the birth.

@Cole: I hope that is pronounced Gin, not G-eye-n. Either way, not good.

35. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: yes, gin but still... Definitely not happening. Thankfully, we have a family friend named Ginnie and his family has an annoying habit of adding "ie" to the end of names which convinced him it was a bad idea. It hasn't even occurred to me yet that it was short for gynecologist when you read it.

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: That's funny - Caroline and Adeline were on our top list for DD1. Now her best friend at daycare is Caroline and two of my cousins had babies named Adeline/Adelyn in the past year so both those are out for us. Rosalie is actually one of our tops this round but we won't make a definite choice/share the name until around 30 weeks or so.

37. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: I've been proactive with finding names because it was such a battle last time (started writing down names I liked during my last pregnancy in Sept/Oct). I'm just amazed DH actually liked the ones I like best right now! I was afraid to show them to him

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

NT scan complete! And all measurements look good, so I'm feeling pretty good about the Verifi test (blood taken today too). So glad to have good news. Also, after an 11 week delay, our house starts construction next week. It's been a lovely valentine's day!

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Yay! Congrats 😊

40. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: great news!

We are sort of struggling with boy names - I think they are much harder to choose than girl names. We have one we like so far but I'm still unsure.

Feeling ready and nervous for my appointment today! Assuming I hear a heartbeat on the doppler and all else looks good we are telling work and DD tonight or in the next few days. All of a sudden I'm not ready to tell anyone!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee