Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Thanks all for the well wishes! Can't believe I have the first boy of our group, although I know there are others out there.

@Mrs. Pickle: congratulations! The shirts are so cute.

@KNS: congrats on the good NIPT result, can't wait for your reveal! We both happened to be home from work when I got the email but I was wondering what to do if it came while we were at work, because I'm no good at waiting on info like this. I admire your restraint!

2. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

Only immediate family and close/regular friends know and a few people at work. It will be announced on FB on Valentine's Day.

Am I the only one in this group that's Team Green??

3. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Revel: It took me a little while to adjust to the idea of being a boy mom and how I would relate to them when we found out the twins were boys. But boys are so, so much fun! You're going to love it!

@KNS: Glad the results were good. That wait sounds awful! I only had to wait a few hours, and I thought the suspense might actually kill me.

4. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Blue: thank you! I have a dear friend with 4 boys who has said the same thing. I always thought one of each would be perfect, and that's what I'm getting! I had just had sisters in my head lately, plus I know my daughter is going to be salty for a while that it is a brother, haha. It will all work out though and even today I am getting excited!

Something about getting the results so early and via a blood test almost makes it not seem real?

My next task is that I can unload so many clothes! I saved almost all my daughters stuff, and while I may be able to use a few of the things from when she was really little (more gender neutral at that age) so much is girl specific! Actually looking forward to a big purge.

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

We're spreading the news to family this week and I'll probably post something online next weekend after my NT scan. It definitely feels more real now, but the ultrasound will really help me feel ready to tell everyone.

6. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@pmerr: I am too!

7. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Revel: I love my boy! I would totally be happy if I had another boy! Sometimes the thought of having a girl scares me!

8. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Petitduck: Yay!

9. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@pmerr: thank you! Maybe it is the unknown factor then, I feel almost scared about a boy! My husband said we are lucky because we get a full experience, to parent both a girl and boy, which I think is a good outlook.

@Petitduck: I am always so intrigued by team green! I think it's great that you both are waiting.

10. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@Revel: True! I'd love parenting a girl if I had one. I just know what to expect with a boy. I also usually just hung out with my brother growing up too, so I'm just used to it!

TG is so exciting! I loved it last time!

11. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Cole: Adding lemonade sounds SO GOOD!! Thanks for the tip. I had LO1 in January, so I didn't even think how good the tea would be if it's iced this summer. Yumm!

@pmerr: We were team green last time. It was awesome!!

@Revel: Purging will feel so good!! Honestly, that's basically the main factor in us finding out this time. We saved everything, have a small-ish house, and wanted to purge as much as we could before baby arrives. But it looks like we're likely having another girl, haha.

12. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

No results today, boo. Though there was virtually no chance it would be today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! I got sleepers that say little sister and little brother today! I'll return whichever we don't need.

13. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I just realized I spent the whole day focused on finding out if it's a boy or girl and totally forgot to worry about the fact that it could be bad news. That's actually pretty awesome. One of the benefits of being a little later in the month I think; seeing all your positive results/announcements made it easier to focus on that. So thanks y'all. 😄

14. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

Finally got to look at our results and it's a girl! Glad I will be able to reuse all of our stuff again.

15. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@KNS: Congrats! So many girls!

16. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Congrats @KNS:! And I know what you mean regarding clothes - I went through all DD's newborn & 0-3 month so far and it's all in the wash

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3), SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2), MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)
    Appts:
    Feb 14 - Mrs. Microscope
    Feb 15 - MommySLP
    Feb 16 - Mrs. Pickle
    Feb 24 - Mrs. Pickle, PeachyKeen
    Mar 2 - Pmerr
    Mar 3 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 6 - Mrs. Brewer

17. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Hope you get to hear tomorrow! I was kind of annoyed that my OB office wouldn't give results over the phone but it actually took away a lot of anxiety knowing exactly when we would find out (they told us at our next appointment, 2 weeks later). Go figure!

18. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Torchwood: hope you hear today! Which test did you take? Mine was informaseq with Labcorp and I saw on mine the results actually came to my midwives after 5pm on friday, so less than 5 business days since I had the blood draw, but they didn't report them until a full business day later (Monday). I think that is unusually fast though. I hope you hear today and that all is well!

@KNS: congrats! Seriously amazed at all these girls!

19. Mrs. Blue

@Revel: I feel the same way about finding out so early. I keep thinking it's somehow not very certain and the anatomy scan could be different. This, even though I asked the nurse and she said it's like 99.9% accurate!

I'm also the same on clothes. We have all the boys' stuff saved and I need to sort through and see what a girl can wear and then get rid of everything else.

20. Mrs. Blue

@Torchwood: Hope you get results today! Mine was MaterniT 21 and we got our results exactly one week later.

@KNS: Congrats! Wow, the girl force is really strong this time!

21. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Torchwood: crossing my fingers for lots of happy news today!

@KNS: congratulation! I'm super excited about reusing stuff too, I was really dreading starting over! We tried to keep all of the non clothing stuff gender neutral but it definitely didn't work out that way and I think we would have been stuck replacing stuff like my daughter's pink strider bike.

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Thanks y'all. Fingers crossed! I don't actually know what test it is. The lab is Counsyl but they did the genetic testing on DH and me too so I don't think that's the name of their test. It hasn't been specified in any of the communications I've gotten. And the email said approximately one week from the first, so today is possible!

23. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@Torchwood: We did the Counsyl test too and FYI they are a bit backed up, they got my sample on 1/27 and results were released on 2/6. So not the full two weeks but not quite as fast as one week.

24. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@KNS: congratulations on a second girl!

Eek, I can't wait until my appointment next week!

Also, I am starting to really get the chubby look around the middle. I'm up one belt loop, and some of my shirts aren't looking so flattering. I hate this in between stage! I switched to maternity jeans at 13 wks last time, so maybe after my appointment I will go all out maternity. I like how they make you look pregnant, not chubby!

25. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and have been wearing maternity pants or stretchy leggings for about 2 weeks now - even my regular, tighter waist leggings drove me crazy when I tried to wear them last Friday. And I've been wearing tunic-y maternity shirts to try to hide the bump/chub and I'm officially sick of almost all of them already... sigh.

Today I think my bump is finally visible through loose clothing, but it doesn't really look like a cute bump yet since my stomach's not at all flat after having DD1 Pretty awkward-looking... I should probably stick to belly panel pants (wearing size elastic ones today).

26. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Mrs. Blue: too bad we can't do a swap 🙄

@Mrs. Microscope: @peachykeen: count me in, I'm kind of thick in the waist in clothes right now, but trying to hold off on maternity for another week until I tell work after my next appt assuming all is well. I pulled out my box of maternity stuff and ordered a few new things arriving this week, we'll see if I wait that long!

27. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I've been in maternity for weeks now. Not interested in wearing tight pants that dig into my middle! They're only just starting to fit better though. And I noticed a couple days ago that when I'm lying on my back, you can actually see the little bulge just above my pubic bone where my uterus is finally making an appearance! But totally looking forward to getting past the squishy stage.

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

I must be entering the 2nd tri because I keep wanting to bake things instead of cooking dinner. Yesterday DD1 helped me make strawberry cupcakes (she was so proud of herself) and now I want to make chocolate chip cookies after seeing a picture on the NYT page. So much for no weight gain...

On the bright side, I've felt relatively good/normal since Sunday (13+3) so maybe this is the end of the yuck?

29. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: I've made triple chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and I bought the stuff for brownies yesterday. 😆

30. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Torchwood: @peachykeen: Haha. I can't even cook yet. Even being in the kitchen makes me gag. Do you two deliver?

31. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Is anyone still taking their anti nausea meds? I'm still taking 2x diclegis at bedtime. I feel like I shouldn't need it anymore but whenever I try to just take one I have a gross day the next day.

32. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@Revel I am still taking 2 at night and 1 in the am, my doc said there was no rush to get off of it and I don't want to chance backsliding. I feel almost normal now...

33. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@KNS: thanks! Not sure what my hangup is about it because I know it's safe. May be that I felt better by 10 weeks with my daughter so I'm wondering why I still feel crappy without the diclegis at almost 12 weeks. Although I may have been taking unisom and b6 at that point still so who knows....

34. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Revel: I never took any (but I should have) ... but I'm with you. I'll have a few good days and assume I'm better, and then I have a shitty day to remind me that hormones are crazy! Be gentle with yourself ... it's safe!! Having nausea is so hard (and why is it worse this time around ... I feel like we're being punished, haha).

35. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Revel: I am still taking 2x diclegis at night, zofran in the morning and another diclegis if I'll be able to nap, other I just kind of suffer through the evening. It's let up a tiny, tiny bit but it's still pretty bad.

I'm definitely in that chubby looking in between stage. I need to find some maternity jeans but so far I've struck out, I ordered some on poshmark and the seller flaked and the consignment shop only had awful, ugly ones in my size. I hate paying a lot when I know I won't even wear them through the summer though so I literally need them for three months.

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: I bought 2 pair of maternity jeans after trying like 10 pair this pregnancy and at least 5 last pregnancy, and these are the winners by far: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=12941&vid=1&pid=336611002

Definitely worth the price if you can wait for a sale. They don't fall down hardly at all and if they do, the "regular waistband" lets you pull them back up way more easily and less conspicuously!

37. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: I like the look of those! I need some more pants.

It just kind of hit me that if everything goes well I'll only have a day or two at the hospital to transition mentally from one kid to two and get to know this little person before I have to go back to focusing on DD too. As much as the nicu sucked, the time there really made that transition into parenting easier. I don't know how you home birthers do it with no time away at all!

38. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: I've been thinking about juggling baby bonding with almost-3-year-old DD and also what to do with DD during delivery - certainly a new kind of stress!

The other thing is because I was induced so early with DD (they started inducing me at 36+5) I have no earthly clue when to expect this baby! For all I know I would have gone to 42 weeks with DD without the preeclampsia, but if it comes back this pregnancy I'll probably have another early baby (or even earlier).

I know NOBODY knows when a baby is coming, but I wish I had just a little frame of reference...

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: I feel the same! I'll be doing progesterone shots to avoid preterm labor, but will they work? Maybe I would go to term anyway and last time was a fluke? Maybe this one will be even earlier (please no). Not a clue.

40. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@littlejoy: it totally feels worse this time! I think having something to compare it to maybe makes is harder?

@Cole: sorry you're not well yet but at least we have company. I feel like improvement is just incremental right now.

@peachykeen: @Torchwood: I hope you both have uncomplicated births this time. I have been considering the unknown of it all! My daughter came on her due date, although of course we had no way of knowing that all along. I am actually pleased with our larger age gap when I think about juggling her and a newborn. If we had this baby "on schedule" I would have been delivering like, now, and I think the extra 6 ish months will help my daughter mature a bit and be more excited. So there is that.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee