Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Early anatomy ultrasound went pretty well. Baby is measuring 2 days ahead and 6 oz, which is good (she was measuring 1 day ahead at dating US, so I'm not surprised). She's still a girl so that was good to confirm. Doctor said everything looks good with baby's development so far and they will be able to check the heart more at my next appointment.

Unfortunately they did see evidence that I am predisposed to develop pre-eclampsia again, so I will be having monthly growth ultrasounds and be monitored closely. Doctor is optimistic that I won't have to deliver too early though, since baby is growing on track, the pre-e didn't come on until late in the pregnancy with DD1, and I started the baby aspirin so early.

It was fun to see her moving her arms around so much on the screen!

2. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@peachykeen: Booo! Sorry to hear that you're likely to get pre-e again. Glad everything went well other than that, though! And you'll get to see baby girl a little more often!

3. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: if you don't mind me asking, how can they tell? I thought the markers were BP and urine protein, and if you don't have those yet, what else is there? So sorry you got the prediagnosis.

4. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@pmerr: @Mrs. Microscope: Luckily it's not definite I will get the pre-e again or that it will be severe, it's just a known predictor in women already at high-risk of developing pre-e. The perinatologist looks at the blood flow through the uterine arteries to see how the systolic/diastolic arches behave. The presence of an early diastolic notch is what he was looking for.

I did a little research last night trying to find out the actual predictive value of this (how many women with this marker actually go on to have pre-e) and found mixed results, so I'm not going to worry too much about it - the only prevention is baby aspirin anyway.

This article was actually really informative - Figure 3 is what they look for in high-risk women (and saw something similar on my ultrasound).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2263102/

@pmerr: Glad we'll both get to see baby a little more often - definitely doesn't hurt! I do wish my MFM office ran a little more on schedule though - trying an early AM appointment next time.

5. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

6. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

add me to the girl list! Baby #3 is a girl!!! DD is thrilled & DS is not so happy! I don't usually post pictures of my kids on here, but had to share this---it pretty much sums up their feelings! He'll get over it quickly---life is rough when you're 3!

7. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@MommySLP: omg that's hilarious! Congratulations!!

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@peachykeen: thanks for the explanation. So interesting!

@MommySLP: hilarious!

9. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MommySLP: Congrats!! Love the photo!

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2), MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Mar 6 - Mrs. Brewer
    Mar 10 - LittleJoy (anatomy scan)
    Mar 23 - Sunset840 (anatomy scan)
    Mar 24 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 31 - PeachyKeen
    Apr 4 - Pmerr
    Apr 11 - Revel (anatomy scan)

11. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: You can add me to the appointment list next time. My anatomy scan is march 27.

Failed the one hour early GD screening. Arg. I'll be doing the 3 hour as soon as I figure out a day my mom can watch LO. DH is crazy busy at work so he can't really take the time off unless he absolutely has to. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I get several hours of quiet and not on worrying that I'll be dealing wit GD the whole rest of the pregnancy. Or on how much more likely I am to develop type two diabetes later in life. 😬

Still no definite movement, but some more likely maybes! And heartbeat was good at my appointment this week! Still nervous as hell about the anatomy scan, but it's starting to get really real. Eek.

15w6d bump! Please excuse the messy public restroom. 😄

12. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@MommySLP: hahahaha, oh my, that picture is the best! Even before I read what you said, I started laughing.

13. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Anyone feeling rib discomfort yet? I've been having discomfort just below my rib cage from extended sitting for the past 1-2 weeks.

I remember the rib pain as one of the worst parts of pregnancy last time, but I think the worst of it came later... Hard to believe we're already getting to that point!

14. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: @Mrs. Microscope: @peachykeen: @Mrs. Blue: thanks guys! He's mostly over it now, but man was he bummed out! We had talked about the possibility of baby being a girl but he just had in his little head that it would be a boy! This is definitely a picture I will be keeping though! He will think it's funny one day.

15. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@peachykeen: Ahh. That's some great info! I'll have to look at it more later, especially depending on how my US goes next month. I've been having some pain in my upper left side. Not sure if it's rib pain or muscle (or something else!).

@MommySLP: Love the photo! I think that's how DS would feel if we were having a girl!

@Torchwood: Booo! Hopefully the 3 hour one goes better!!

So many girls!! I'm sure that means I'll have a boy! haha

16. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

17.5 week baby bump!

Forcing myself to document a little better since this is only my 2nd bump shot... Think I'm finally starting to look pregnant...

17. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: Love the bump update!! Hooray for a great scan. Isn't it amazing what they can gather from an u/s? Hopefully pre-e will stay away (or not be severe). You go back in 5 weeks for the next scan?

18. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: It's both amazing and scary! I was originally told 23 weeks for the follow-up scan but they scheduled me for 21 weeks instead (so 3.5 weeks from now).

We're actually supposed to fly to Europe that same afternoon so I hope there's not too many surprises!

19. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

My 18 week bump shot gave me all of the "I have a REAL BUMP" feels.

And while the bump is bumpin', I'm having that weird feeling I had around this time with LO1 ... just that I'll go a day without feeling the baby move and it makes me freak out. Our anatomy scan is Friday, and we're so, so excited.

20. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: @peachykeen: @Torchwood: looking cute ladies! I still don't really have a bump, I just look thick!

I'm loving second trimester again. Not sick anymore, and food tastes amazing! Meals are my favorite part of the day!

21. Mrs. Pickle

15+5. I popped a little bit this past week. I'm wearing the only short sleeve red shirt I own today for Women's Day and it's barely long enough to cover the bump. I'm feeling little kicks almost every day now. This morning DD was sitting on my lap and the baby was kicking her. Sibling rivalry starts early.

22. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

You guys all look cute! I feel like in the last week I've gotten much more "bumpish" and less "too many bagels"-ish, but I can still pretty much hide it if I'm wearing something loose.

It's crazy to me how different this time has been for me. I'm STILL throwing up at least a couple times a week, and I'm really over it. Apparently, this child has not read all the baby books that morning sickness is supposed to wrap up around the end of the first trimester. Not cool, kid. Not cool.

Other than that, this pregnancy is flying by. I was amazed last time at how much faster it went by than the first time because I was so busy with the twins, and I think it's even more true this time. Between work, kids, and other life stuff, at any given point, I think I have about a 40% chance of correctly knowing how far along I am.

23. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I'm sorry you're still feeling rough - not fair Hope it wraps up soon for you.

@littlejoy: @Mrs. Pickle: You both look so cute! I wore the same shirt today and yesterday and I swear the bump grew overnight...

@littlejoy: I know how you feel about the kicks. I don't know if I'm noticing them less or if baby just shifted positions but they're not quite as obvious lately. Trying not to stress about it, but I'm already counting down the days until 25 weeks/"viability"!

24. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm loving everyone's bump pics!! I still haven't taken a single one! I should get on that!

25. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

I've been doing pics since 7 weeks. That's what we did with our first. It's fun comparing them!

26. RacheBon

pea / 24 posts

I haven't posted in forever but have been reading along. Count me in as team ! I was sure it was a boy because this pregnancy has been so different than my last but am thrilled to be having another little girl and for my daughter to have a sister.

Also been worrying about inconsistent movement. I started feeling flutters way earlier this time, in addition to it being a second pregnancy I also had an anterior placenta last time. Around a week or so ago I was feeling her pretty regularly for a few days and was so excited. Then nothing at all for a few days, so nerve wracking! But I had an appointment today and all seemed good so I guess it's just that she's still pretty small.

27. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@RacheBon: Congrats on your girl! I'm so excited for the sister aspect as well.

@littlejoy: Good luck at your anatomy scan tomorrow! It's so crazy that we're all getting to this point already!

@pmerr: Cute bump! I love the yellow - I need to buy some warm weather maternity shirts.

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Mar 10 - LittleJoy (anatomy scan)
    Mar 23 - Sunset840 (anatomy scan)
    Mar 24 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 27 - Torchwood (anatomy scan)
    Mar 31 - PeachyKeen
    Apr 4 - Pmerr
    Apr 11 - Revel (anatomy scan)

29. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

Loving the bumps, ladies! Where do you all recommend for maternity clothes? I was abroad for the last pregnancy where all the stores were different, and don't live near much retail now so I'm guessing it's online ordering for me... send suggestions!

@Mrs Blue - I feel you. I'm a couple weeks into second trimester and still throwing up most days and constantly nauseous. Maybe it's a baby girl thing? My previous was a boy and I was so much better by now I'm thinking by 20 weeks, it should go...

30. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@coddergirl: I've been shopping Gap and Old Navy (online) this pregnancy. The Gap stuff is a little better quality and I liked that they had some non-formfitting tunic-type tops that I can wear with leggings. I bought a few things from Pink Blush (also online) on a sale but they are a little more $$ so I only kept the things I knew I'd get a lot of use out of.

Last pregnancy (another Aug baby) I lived in Target knit dresses for the 2nd half of the pregnancy, so I'm hoping to find some cute stuff there soon!

31. Mrs. Pickle

@coddergirl: do you need work clothes or casual clothes? Luckily I wear jeans and t shirts to work. Most of my clothes are from Old Navy and Target. The Old Navy clothes are cheap and won't last past two pregnancies, but I figure maternity clothes don't need to last forever anyway. Like @peachykeen: I also love Target dresses once it gets warm.

32. Mrs. Pickle

Just for fun, what are some superficial traits you hope your LO gets? I'm hoping DD2 has red hair like me and is left handed like DH. DD1 looked like she was going to have red hair for a while but she's an adorable blondie. Neither of her genetic parents are left handed and she already favors her right side. I think DH would love to have someone in the family be left handed like him. I also hope DD2 has an outgoing personality like DD1. I was a really shy and serious child.

33. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

@coddergirl: I really like ASOS which has free shipping and returns, Stitch fix also does maternity now and I just got a pair of paige jeans from pea in the pod online that i am pretty obsessed with. I debated that splurge but caught a 25% off regular price sale and am so glad I did, compared to my old navy jeans from last pregnancy they are so much more flattering and comfortable. Nordstrom also has a pretty big selection of maternity stuff online.

I live in San Francisco and have actually found that even in the city there aren't that many brick and mortar maternity options.

34. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: DH and I both have really dark brown/black hair and somehow DD1 ended up with strawberry blonde! She was born with dark hair but it mostly fell out around 4 months and came in lighter. So I'm a little curious if DD2 will actually have dark hair I'm REALLY hoping she inherits my thick hair, though, because dealing with DD1's super fine hair is maddening to me! (it's gorgeous and curls beautifully - I just have no idea how to manage fine hair)

Not really a trait per se, but I exclusively pumped for DD1 and she dropped from 97%ile at birth to hover around 50%ile for weight very quickly, so I'm curious if I successfully breastfeed DD2 if she will be bigger or if we can reuse all of DD1's seasonal clothes. Kind of curious if I kept DD1 smaller because she didn't have unlimited access or if she'd be smaller regardless, I guess.

35. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

Do any of you 2nd+ time moms feel more detached from this pregnancy than with your 1st? I'm sure it will change soon for me (stronger kicks/movement will likely help!) but despite the extra ultrasounds I find I think of this baby more as an abstract concept or as "DD1's sister" than her own little person.

It makes me feel a little guilty lately, but then again I'm not even sure I remember how bonded I was with DD1 at this point in the pregnancy...

36. Mrs. Pickle

@peachykeen: I'm definitely not as attached to this pregnancy. I think part of it is I just don't have time to think about it and part of it is me struggling with the fact that it wasn't planned. I'm hoping I get really excite before she comes because she does deserve the same anticipation her sister got. So much guilt over here. Blah.

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: So I feel guilty even typing this, but even with my first pregnancy, I always felt detached. I definitely didn’t bond until after the baby was here. I was always excited for the arrival, but it just never felt real to me until the actual birth.

38. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

More detached for sure! I need to make it a point to go to prenatal yoga, as that helped me connect much better the first time. I haven't been for about 6 weeks, woops. But it's hard because they don't have child care, so I can't go mid day like last time, I have to wait for the evening classes, hope DH gets home in time, and we have eaten dinner in time. But I need to make more effort.

I hope DS is tall, and gets DH's hair, as male baldness runs in my side of the family. My dad was bald by 27. And I don't want that for my son. Otherwise I hope he is kind, caring, strong, and not a jerk.

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@coddergirl: I get my maternity clothes at thrift stores mostly. I just hate spending a ton for stuff that will last such a short time. If I need something specific I usually check target first.

@Mrs. Pickle: I'm not sure what really counts as superficial, but I hope this LO loves to read. I'm a huge reader and DD is OBSESSED with books (the other night she was up half the night from gas and she would NOT stop crying unless we read to her even after she felt better. Her favorite word is read), so hopefully this little guy will love it too. And I hope one of them like sports for DH. It'll mean a lot to him to get to coach at something. And random, but DD is left handed! Neither of us are but DH's twin sister is.

@peachykeen: I never feel super attached during pregnancy. I think part of that is our history (it's not intentional, but I know I distance myself out of ear), but honestly I feel a bit more attached this time. I think because last time was right on the heels of our late loss, I wasn't able to bond much at all until after she was born. (And with the NICU staybit wasn't even immediate after birth.) This time I feel a little more. But not much. It freaks me out to start thinking too much about actually having a little boy because I'm still so terrified of bad news at the anatomy scan. 😞

40. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

Loving all these bumps! I'm still hiding mine with baggy shirts and jeans I bought to fit postpartum after I hadn't lost any weight with DD. I've got a few basic tees and tanks from target and a comfy pair of maternity leggings from Gap so far. Hoping to buy a bunch of dresses when it's warmer since most all my maternity clothes are winter.

Sick again with cold/fever this week and feeling bummed about missing a good friends wedding this summer. I'll be 36 weeks and not comfortable with traveling several states away. Hoping for a good appt tomorrow to end the week on a high note!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee