Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2017 moms!

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@peachykeen: FYI - my anatomy scan is April 4th!

2. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@peachykeen: I think I'll definitely feel more bonded when I feel movement and know the sex. I got so excited the other night when I thought I felt something but I think it might have just been the cheeseburger I ate for dinner. Also starting to collect a few little outfits, blankets, a sling. Having "things" to look at makes it seem more real to me.

3. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MrsBrewer: Got it! I'll add with the next update.

4. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: That is such a fun question. I'm left-handed, and I think it would be fun to have a lefty kiddo. LO1 is right-handed. Also, LO1 is SUPER blonde (we are not), so I've always thought it would be funny to have a dark haired child next.

@peachykeen: I have the same amount of optimism (like, yes, I'm so excited to have a baby), but totally not as much connection as I did the first time. With the first, I felt like I *knew* she was a girl ... I thought about her alllll of the time, and just generally felt calm and ready. This time, I'm so busy and if it wasn't for the constant nausea crap, I think I'd forget I was pregnant, ha. Feeling the baby moving has helped, and we find out tomorrow if baby is a girl or boy. I think this will REALLY help me connect more.

5. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

I'm nearly 19 weeks, and getting a ton of braxton hicks. For those of you who have been through this before (I have, but it's been quite awhile), they are definitely supposed to feel like *something*, just not hurt, right? I just had one, and it was uncomfortable - not painful all, but almost like my stomach needed to growl but couldn't. I thought I'd be all over this the 2nd time around.

6. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@littlejoy: The stronger ones definitely get my attention. They're uncomfortable (especially later), but not painful.

7. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

Great anatomy scan today. The nub theory was right for us, baby is a GIRL!

The only slightly weird thing was the doctor saying that since the tech couldn't get a good look at the hands (like the waving hand), that baby's fingers could be webbed. She said she's not concerned at all, and it likely isn't the case (and I'm thinking, "Then why the hell say something about it?!?"). We aren't concerned either, so it was really just a funny/weird moment.

Anyway, our 3 year old was with us (only semi-interested), and I was happy we all found out together.

8. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@littlejoy: I can't believe you had your anatomy scan already! Time is flying! And congratulations on your second girl!

9. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@littlejoy: congratulations on a good scan and another baby girl! I can't believe the tech said that. 🙄

10. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@littlejoy: Congrats on your girl and a great anatomy scan! And what a weird thing for a doctor to say! I'm sure baby's hands are perfect.

11. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

July 29 - PetitDuck (#2)
    Aug 2 - KNS (#2)
    Aug 7 - MamaFern (#2), LittleJoy (#2)
    Aug 9 - MrsD2442 (#1)
    Aug 10 - Mrs. Blush (#1), PeachyKeen (#2)
    Aug 11 - Cole (#2) , Sunset840 (#2)
    Aug 14 - Lilac (#1)
    Aug 15 - Mrs. Blue (#4)
    Aug 16 - MommySLP (#3) , SapphireSun (#2)
    Aug 17 - Nolababy (#2), Mrs.Pinecone316 (#2)
    Aug 18 - Pmerr (#2) , sparklemama (#2)
    Aug 19 - Rachebon (#2) , MrsBrewer (#2)
    Aug 21 - Torchwood (#2)
    Aug 22 - Mrs. Microscope (#2)
    Aug 25 - Revel (#2) , PhillyDogLover (#1), Mrs. Pickle (#2)
    Aug 29 - CodderGirl (#2)
    Aug 30 - sojellybean (#2), Lmpeavley (#1)

Appts:
    Mar 10 - LittleJoy (anatomy scan)
    Mar 23 - Sunset840 (anatomy scan)
    Mar 24 - PeachyKeen
    Mar 27 - Torchwood (anatomy scan)
    Mar 31 - PeachyKeen
    Apr 4 - Pmerr, MrsBrewer (anatomy scan)
    Apr 11 - Revel (anatomy scan)

12. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: It was the DOCTOR! The tech was like, "Your baby looks beautiful." then she went to have the doc review the scan, and that's what the doc said when she came in. Of course now, I'm fixated on it. SO WIERD. Like, why bring it up!?

13. sojellybean

cherry / 100 posts

@littlejoy: How exciting! Sisters!
    Found baby with the Doppler at my appt yesterday and my bp was great (seemed to always be a concern last time around). I've gained 5 lbs so far. Anatomy scan scheduled for April 6!

14. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@littlejoy: Congrats on a good appointment and the gender news! That's a very odd comment by the doctor. At the very least, I would expect him to have presented the possibility in a better way. Weird!

I've had a ton of pretty uncomfortable Braxton Hicks yesterday and today, which is weird to me since I didn't have many in either of my other pregnancies and definitely not this early. DH had surgery Thursday, though, and investors been on my feet and not thinking to drink much pretty much all the time for the last 3 days, so I think that's the issue. Last night, I chugged a ton of water after it clicked why I was probably feeling so you it and off. When I went to sleep, I was still having quite a few, but it stopped for a little while and I slept and today, it wasn't quite as bad. Besides water and resting (which just isn't possible right now), any other tips to help ease the BH? I'm also coughing constantly again, so that could be part of the issue, too, but other than approved cough syrup and cough drops there isn't much I can do.

15. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@littlejoy: congrats on a little girl! What a weird comment by your doctor.

@Mrs. Blue: I've had some uncomfortable ones already too, I had tons last time around but not this early. Staying hydrated and rest are the obvious big ones but holy moly that's a lot harder this time! The other big trigger is a full bladder and TMI, I'm finding full bowels​ to be a trigger now. So basically, drink a ton and run to the bathroom. And lay down on your way back from getting more water... My midwife did say more than 4 per hour is too much. Knock on wood, I haven't hit that but I did hit 3 and I can't see it being likely that I'll never hit 4.

16. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I have been waking up to bh almost every morning, and I did last time too. I know they will be more frequent and more through the day the further along I get. As long as they aren't timetable, I don't worry.

My right eyelid has been twitching a ton the last week! I googled it, and it looks like a magnesium deficiency in pregnancy, but my blood levels came back fine, and I take a supplement anyways. It's driving me crazy, I have an appointment anyways on Friday and I can't wait to ask about it!

17. Mrs. Blue

@Cole: @Mrs. Microscope: Thank for the tips. I know I'm probably wearing myself out and definitely not hydrating enough just because of the circumstances the last few days. I'll try to at least do better with water. I have no idea if they would have been timetable or how often they were happening. I'll try to pay better attention next time, if it happens again. I've just really never had many BH at all, so it's kind of new territory for me.

18. Mrs. Blue

@Mrs. Microscope: also, I've never had the eye twitching in pregnancy, but that has happened a couple of times to me. It is sooooo annoying. Hope it resolves soon!

19. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I had the twitching for a while day a week or so ago and googled the same things. Luckily, it hasn't come back since so I assume it was just random! SO annoying, though!!

@Mrs. Blue: I've had regular BH for a few weeks now, not really painful, but I concur with @Cole: that mine seem to occur with a full bladder and when I'm overdoing it. I started getting them last pregnancy around 20 weeks as well so I'm not too concerned, but then mine aren't painful, of course.

Hope you can get some rest soon!

20. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: I always get BH when I need to pee. It's horrible in the morning - to the point where I can see exactly where baby is, because my bladder has pushed my uterus up and it's super tight.

21. KNS

cherry / 136 posts

FYI - a pea in the pod is having 30% off all full priced and sale clothes for the next two days online. No affiliation with them but thought I would alert in case you have been eyeing something more expensive for maternity clothes!

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Had my 3 hour GD screening today. Fingers crossed I pass! They finally posted my results from the one hour and it was the lowest fail I've had so hopefully it was just a fluke.

They also checked the heartbeat for me while I was there. I didn't realize how worried I've been until I actually heard it. I almost cried, and I've never cried from relief finding out everything is okay, even when we got the positive anatomy scan results last time (after the time before had been so bad). I just hadn't been feeling any movement and was feeling discouraged. So of course this afternoon he's been wiggling a ton and I've felt a bunch!

Still terrified of the anatomy scan, but it's less than two weeks away so at least the scariest parts are almost over, one way or the other. And I finally have my MFM appointment (April 10), so I guess I'll be getting my info on the progesterone shots finally. 😩

23. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Torchwood: I hope you pass! Progesterone needles look really scary, but it really doesn't hurt. I promise! The biggest challenge is learning where to stick yourself.

24. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: Glad you got that reassurance Some days I feel baby move constantly and others barely at all - it's so random at this stage (and I'm almost 19 weeks). Hope the GD test results are favorable!

25. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I've also been anxious about sporadic movement. Once I felt my daughter at 16w6d, she never stopped moving. This little guy is much calmer... And it freaks me out. Can't wait for doppler check on Friday at my appointment.

26. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Torchwood: fingers crossed for you! GD doesn't sound like fun. I'm glad you got to hear his heartbeat, it's definitely reassuring in the stage before getting reliable movement.

My anatomy scan was this morning and evening looks perfect. My doctor was super reassuring about the fact that combined with the DNA test and the good looking ultrasound we should be in great shape and that at this point we are in the range of bad outcomes occupying only a fraction of a percent of pregnancies. It's so happy to be in that zone now!

27. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Cole: Glad your scan went well - almost halfway there!

28. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

For those of you experiencing Braxton-Hicks... Do they feel low and crampy? I've been having frequent low pelvic cramping that does not feel like round ligament or the BH I am used to from my last pregnancy. With DD1, the BH generally made my whole belly hard and this is just cramps in the very low pelvic area, and it's more painful (I guess because it's more localized?) Could this be early BH? I didn't really experience BH with DD1 until 24-25 weeks with DD1 so I'm not sure if it feels different early on.

29. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@peachykeen: BH's for me are what you described from the past- whole belly (well uterus, so currently the lower half of my belly) hard and not painful. The pain you're describing doesn't fit my BH's.

@Cole: @peachykeen: @Mrs. Pickle: Thank you for the support and reassurance! Honestly I'm feeling him so much now that I'm wondering if I was unconsciously refusing to think what I felt was him, because I was so worried that something was wrong. I'm a mess sometimes. 😬

30. littlejoy

pomegranate / 3375 posts

@peachykeen: I had a pretty uncomfortable (borderline painful) one last night, and it's just as you described - more localized and lower. In fact, I could feel exactly where the baby was in my uterus when it happened. I hate BH, because I always let them scare me into thinking I'm going to go into early labor.

I had breakfast with my midwife this morning (not baby related - she's my friend too), and we did talk about uteruses for a minute. She said that our uteruses are more stretched out the 2nd time, and have so much muscle memory. That's part of why most 2nd labors are shorter, and why we get more BH earlier.

31. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

I've been following along but not much to say lately! This feels like the quiet stage of pregnancy. Had an uneventful MW appointment today and my 16w bloodwork for neural tube defects was negative apparently so we are looking good!

I can't say for sure if I've been having Braxton hicks yet but def more round ligament pain than the first time. Still not feeling regular movement but hopefully soon.

32. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@peachykeen: mine don't really feel crampy, just tight all over to the point of being uncomfortable. I have felt lots of stretching type feelings in my lower abdomen that I attribute to my uterus growing and stretching, could that be it?

33. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

Had my 18 week appointment---all looks good. Measuring on track and I've only gained 1 lb total!!! I was so worried I'd gained like 10 Cz I've been eating ALL THE FOOD. Anyone else just feel like they're starving?? I need to be more careful so it doesn't all catch up with me. My anatomy scan is April 12.

34. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MommySLP: I'm starving too! So worried for weigh in on Friday. By 13 weeks I had gained about 4lbs, I hope it's not 10 more. Today I ate 1/3 bag of tortilla chips while watching the British baking show while my daughter napped. I need to reign in the afternoon snacking!

35. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Torchwood: @littlejoy: @Cole: Thanks. I called the nurse line at my OB and they recognized it right away as round ligament, which is crazy because it feels nothing like the round ligament I'm used to. I'm familiar with the sharp pains from changing positions quickly but this was hours of crampy pain/pressure from sitting down.

Nurse said it will only get worse as my uterus grows and said I need to get a maternity belt to lift my uterus up. At least it's not nearly as bad while walking, because DH and I are headed to Europe in 2 weeks!

36. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@MommySLP: Glad your appointment went well! I didn't gain anything until last week (actually lost a few pounds overall) and suddenly I've gained 2-3 lbs in 2 weeks! I haven't changed any habits (that I'm aware of) so I don't know if it's my metabolism adjusting or mild swelling (I've noticed a little around my wedding ring). Hope it doesn't keep up like this or I'll be huge again

37. coddergirl

coffee bean / 42 posts

@Peachykeen I had this pretty constantly all last week (15-16) and remember it off and on from DS too. It is pretty painful and definitely feels just like cramps. I think it's a combo of ligament and uterus growing/stretching. It went away suddenly for me a few days ago, but I remember it being pretty bad again around 20w last time so I'm not holding my breath!

38. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@MommySLP: @peachykeen: oh weight gain! I forgot to mention this from my appt yesterday. I'm up 9 lbs at 17 weeks! I was down 2 at 8 weeks and up 2 at 12 weeks, so this sounds like a lot!

I gained 40 with my first and was hoping to find myself a bit under that this time, especially because I started about 8 lbs heavier than last time, still at a healthy weight though. I know we don't have a lot of control over gain but it's bothering me since yesterday...

39. peachykeen

pear / 1648 posts

@Revel: I'm a little concerned too and hoping the rapid gain doesn't continue, but maybe it's just our bodies catching up? I gained too much with DD1 as well and was hoping for an easier time

40. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Passed my 3 hour GD screening!! Yay!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee