Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@californiadreams: welcome! Yeah i got sick of waiting and started this board

Glad to see we are getting more of a crowd! Happy 2018 to everyone!

2. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@californiadreams: Congratulations!

3. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@californiadreams: welcome! How old are your older two?

Thought I’d pretty much skipped the morning sickness, but I threw up this morning...feeling better now though, so hopefully it was an isolated thing...I only got sick a few times with my first.

4. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

I'm nervous to join, but here goes!

EDD: 8/31

First child? Nope. My son turned 4 today!

Any symptoms? Nothing terrible - vivid dreams, racing heart, crazy mood swings. I'm only 5 weeks in - so I know that the real stuff is just around the corner!

Who have you told? Just my husband and one friend who knows our entire fertility journey!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Where to begin! My son was born at 31 weeks after my water broke at 28 weeks, so I'm fearful of that happening again. I miscarried at 11 weeks last year, so there's another fun fear. Trying to focus on the positive and hope for the best!

My first appointment (with a new OB) is on Jan 19 which will put me at 8 weeks. I wanted to hold off joining this group until then, but I got some blood work done and that was looking good so I figured I'd jump in!

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: welcome!! Hoping time goes quickly until your next appt. i also had an 11w loss last year and I’m super scared to go in for my scan tomorrow

6. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Welcome to all the new ladies! It’s awesome to see the list growing.

I have updated the list and will post it in a link to - if I missed something, please feel to make your own updates.

I had a very busy Christmas and a nice new year with my DH. It was definitely harder due to early pregnancy - been really tired and sore and struggling with all day morning sickness this week. I keep telling myself it’s a good thing and I should find enjoyable about it - but this last week had been hard. Very nervous about my appointment on Thursday - starting to worry the good development will have stopped and I’ll have a repeat of the nightmare appointment when my miscarriage was detected last May. I think the hormones are getting to me!

7. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

August Mamas

1st: Seslsesl (#2)
    2nd: CaliforniaDreams (#3)
    8th: bhbee (#3), fuzzypeaches (#3)
    10th: KitKat (#2)
    14th: mrsjbeeg (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3), LabradorLover (#1)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    Sept 4th: EmmaNZ (#2)

Appointments
    Jan 3rd: Bhbee
    Jan 4th: MrsJBeeG
    Jan 8th: LabradorLover
    Jan 10th: KitKat
    Jan 19th: Math.Nerd

8. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: @MrsJBeeG: Good luck at your appointments and I can't wait to hear all about them!

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

thankfully the morning went by quickly until my appt. my OB cut to the chase and found one baby with a nice fast hb (she doesn't measure rate). measured 8w1d which lines up with opks. due date is now 8/10.

she definitely knew I was nervous from prior losses and offered to let me come back in 2 weeks, but I settled on 3 so that I could also get the NIPT done then. so my next appt is 1/25.

10. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: That is awesome and hopefully makes you feel good!! Since this is my first goaround and I have no idea what to expect or what the lingo means, what is NIPT?

11. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

I also found out they're moving hospitals, which I'm not sure I'm thrilled about, but on the plus side my insurance looks like it will cover way more at 100% than I thought it would (all the prenatal visits and maybe the ultrasounds, or at least they shouldn't be too expensive). hopefully it's correct as the delivery will be expensive enough!

12. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: non invasive prenatal testing . . . broad term for all the blood tests like materniti21 and harmony that test for the major trisomies. at my OB it's taken the place of NT testing I think, or at least if you are over 35 (I'm 36 and will be 37 at delivery). I think she will still do a quick ultrasound at the visit due to my prior loss though.

13. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: Ahh ok, that makes sense. The materniti21 test...is that the one that can also tell you the gender early? My husband wants to find out what we are having asap and I was going to ask about what tests there are available for that. We are only 27 and 28 and I have heard that those sort of tests will be optional for us so we will see!

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: yes gender also. we will find out.

it differs by practice, at my OB they offered it to me when I was under 35 but my insurance would not have covered it. however, a good trick to know is that you can usually call the test company when you get the bill. I ended up having materniti21 done at 18-19 weeks last time due to seeing something (ended up nothing) on an ultrasound. they sent me a bill for about $2000 but the nurse had told me to call and ask for a lower rate, and they only asked me to pay about $250.

15. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: Good to know! My friend had a test like that done, not sure if it is the same, and it cost them $300. Hopefully it'll be that or less for us!

16. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@bhbee: great news! Glad everything went well

@LabradorLover: I know some insurance has started to cover the NIPT tests if you’re under 35...my friend (who is 30) had it covered by her insurance, although her doctor said it was the first she’d heard of it being covered for someone under 35. Could be worth checking into though!

17. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Kitkat: When I go for my 7 week ultrasound, I am going to ask the doctor about all of the different testing and then call my insurance to see what is covered, if anything. Makes me hopeful knowing it could be!

18. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

August Mamas

8th: fuzzypeaches (#3)
    10th: bhbee (#3) KitKat (#2)
    14th: mrsjbeeg (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3), LabradorLover (#1)

Appointments
    Jan 4th: MrsJBeeG
    Jan 8th: LabradorLover

19. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@bhbee: so happy for you. Will keep praying that next milestone is a breeze too.

20. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I love all of you ladies and wish you the best. But sadly I’m going to duck out as the embryo stopped developing somewhere in the last two weeks and I’m going to miscarry. I hope it happens naturally although I may decide otherwise if need be.

It was a joy to share these weeks with you. I have no idea If we will keep trying or just enjoy our happy marriage. I will miss you all and really hope your healthy baby comes in August.

21. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am so sorry. Many hugs to you

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsJBeeG: we miss you already so many hugs today and to come

23. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am so sorry!!

24. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am so, so sorry

25. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: how are you doing? Good luck with your appt today!

26. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: I am doing pretty well, thank you for asking! Was kind of getting worried because I really don't have any morning sickness, just mild nausea when I get hungry (or over eat). If anything tells me I am pregnant, it is my super sore boobs and nipples. They hurt SO bad!! But I am going into my appointment with a positive feeling! It is at 2:15pm today and today has already been the longest day ever!

27. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: sending you all good wishes! afternoon appts are the worst. can't wait to hear your update.

28. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@LabradorLover: thinking of you! Hope you’re appointment goes well!

29. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: @Kitkat: thank you ladies!! Appointment was amazing! Perfect little baby in there with a heart beat of 148! Measuring one day ahead and they said my edd is August 25th now. I’m so happy and excited!! I go back in two weeks!

30. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@LabradorLover: yay, great news!!

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: so happy for you!! I’m going to try to update the list today

32. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Kitkat: and good luck for you tomorrow too!

33. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@bhbee: thank you! I’m getting so nervous/anxious because like @LabradorLover I don’t have many symptoms. I didn’t with my first either, but I have even less this time. I know I should be grateful...I just need to see a baby in there! Glad my appointment is first thing in the morning!

34. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LabradorLover: Congrats on the great appointment. What a relief I'm sure.

@Kitkat: I'm also stressed because my symptoms seems quite mild. I do feel unsettled most of the time, but nothing like I was feeling at this point with my son or my miscarriage. I want to be grateful for feeling OK for now - because it could get worse at any moment - but it makes the wait until my Jan 19th appointment that much more difficult!

35. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@math.nerd: totally understand. I keep telling myself there’s no reason to think anything is wrong (and my tiny little bump definitely reassured me :silly:). I just really want tomorrow to get here and go well so I can relax and start telling people.

This weekend a mom from my stroller fitness group was offering up her halo bassinet to borrow and I jumped on it since I’ve heard great things about it, but didn’t want to spend the $250 on it since this will be our last baby. We borrowed a bassinet last time, but that friend is pregnant again too, so a bassinet is basically the one thing we needed.

Questions for those of you with smaller age gaps...did you buy a new crib for the second baby, or move your first to a toddler bed and use their crib for the baby? Did you have a changing pad in both kids’ rooms? We have a changing pad on top of DS’s dresser and it seems silly to get another one, but it’s not like changing pads are expensive, so I don’t know...

36. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas

8th: fuzzypeaches (#3)
    10th: bhbee (#3) KitKat (#2)
    25th: LabradorLover (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)

Appointments
    Jan 22nd: LabradorLover
    Jan 25th: bhbee (NIPT)

anything to change or add just reply!

37. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Kitkat: I can't speak to the cribs but I vote for as many changing surfaces as you have room for! We had one in our bedroom (I cleared off my dresser) and one in the nursery and I loved having the flexibility for middle of the night, or if one is napping one is not, etc.

38. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Kitkat: @bhbee: @math.nerd: Thank you! Definitely a relief and such an amazing this to see this little tiny object in you and know it turns out to be a baby...

@Kitkat: Good luck tomorrow! I understand about the whole not having a lot of symptoms thing but it worked for me! I did a lot of googling on it too the night before because I started to panic but everything I read said that some people (the lucky ones) just don't have a lot of symptoms. Hoping it stays that way for sure!!

39. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Hi everyone, bad news for me yesterday - no heartbeat.
    Hoping for healthy pregnancies for all of you!
    Xx

40. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm so sorry

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee