Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: We're not planning a big announcement - but once we get our panorama back, if it's all good then we'll start telling people. We still haven't told anybody, so probably first our other kids (should be fun with the 6yo at least) and then family, and then friends as we see them. I figure my kids are going to spread the news pretty quickly which is why they don't know yet

I'm going to go crazy waiting this week. I know many people hear back in a calendar week, but their website says 2/6 (which I'm sure is just to manage expectations) so we'll see. I'm really hoping to know by the weekend.

2. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas

1st: Seslsesl (#2)
    2nd: CaliforniaDreams (#3)
    10th: bhbee (#3)
    13th: hannahshope (#1)
    25th: LabradorLover (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    Sept 4th: EmmaNZ (#2)

Appointments

2/8: LabradorLover (first OB and NIPT)
    2/12: coffeemom
    2/16: Math.Nerd (NIPT)
    2/20: bhbee
    3/29: hannahshope (anatomy scan)

anything to change or add just reply!

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

How is everyone doing?

No NIPT results for me yet ... sad. But at least now I can hopefully stop obsessing until Monday!

On the fun side I thought I felt the baby move the other night and this morning I was 95% sure. I felt it with my son around the same time but with my first it was 17-18w. It’s weird you can sometimes feel it so much earlier with #2+. Of course that makes me feel more attached / more worried about those test results!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

4. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

Hi all, I've been lightly stalking but feeling ready to join now--happy to be here!

EDD: 8/24

First child? Second. My due date last time was 8/25, we're looking at a two-year age gap.

Any symptoms? I've had a relentless hungover/carsick nausea since Christmas but it seems to be letting up now thank god--I'm 11.5 weeks and this is consistent with when it stopped last time.

Who have you told? Actually, a lot of people. Most of my close family and friends, my boss just yesterday. I had two miscarriages before my son and I know that I'd want to talk to people closest to me about it if it happened again.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I had a good scan last week and did the blood draw for the Panorama. I have the NT this coming Friday and I'm hoping we hear back on the NIPT by then, too. I'm a little nervous as I graduated to AMA last fall, wheeee.

@bhbee: how did you get a login?! I have to wait for my OB to call me. last time my panorama results were back in 7 days, but this time they're insisting it's going to take two full weeks. how long have you been waiting? and any guesses on sex?

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: yay congrats and welcome! my ob gave me a card with the case ID. I’ve heard though you can also call panorama with your name and dr name (after a few days for it to get there) and they can look it up. It’s not really that helpful though because it sounds like (I have spent way too much time googling) your ob always gets it first and it usually takes a couple days after to show up on the website. And I can understand why they’d want you to hear it from a real person. But the one nice thing is that it gave me an estimated completion date (this Tues, after having the draw on a Thurs, so a little less than 2 weeks). Also I figure we may use the online version to look at the gender together vs me hearing it on the phone. We’ll see if that really happens!

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: oh and gender guesses ... my head really thinks boy but that’s probably mostly because my last was a boy and my SIL had a boy last August so it’s just in my mind. Honestly I think both dh and I would prefer another girl because my second is already so wild I can’t imagine two boys but I’m expecting a boy. I didn’t find out early last time so it’s kind of weird to hear all this news at once!

Any guesses for you? Hopefully we both hear this week!

7. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@LCTBQE: Congratulations!! I think we were in the August 2016 group together too

8. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@CoffeeMom: yes we were! hi, right on schedule

@bhbee: haha, exact same situation with gender. I have it in my head this is a boy because 1, last time and 2, my husband's family breeds almost all boys, like there is no way it's a coincidence, it's been like that for generations. we shall see! sounds like you have good odds for a girl, but so awesome that you already have one of each--it must take the edge off a little

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: yes I am thankful to have both and not be too worried about it. I do remember dh’s relief when our first was a girl because I told him we had to keep trying until we got a girl that said once I had him I was like boys are awesome, what was I worried about??

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

ahhhh natera site says they sent panorama results to my provider today. now I will definitely be obsessing over the phone all day tomorrow. guessing they won't be online for a couple days.

11. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: hoping for the best for you!!

12. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: !!! would it be super annoying to just call them first?

and yeah I call it the coveted girl pregnancy--almost everyone I know wants a girl, is this the case for you too? but no one who's a boy mama seems to have any complaints

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: since seeing that online I have seriously considered calling about my heartburn issues and oh by the way ... any results ... I will try to hold off though

And yeah I think everyone dreams of a mini me, but once your baby arrives they’re just perfect no matter what.

14. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

Has anyone had an experience with sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy? Im 11 weeks now and it has been bothering me since week 7. I had asked my RE about it to make sure it was normal since it was so early and she said yes, that things are expanding and it is likely to happen.

She said I could take tylenol, go to physical therapy or even a chiropractor. I've tried tylenol but it isn't helping and idk about physical therapy. I've used a heating pad and had DH massage that area but this weekend it got so bad that I could barely get out of bed.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I could be doing to help this issue out? It just hurts so bad!!

15. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: i had a day of it early that thankfully stretching sent away. I had it second tri a lot with my first maybe it’s worse the first time? I found a support belt helped (so not sexy but it did something) but not sure at what point that becomes helpful. Maybe search for some stretches / at home pt? I’m sorry it sucks

ETA for me it got better as the baby moved up, i carry low in general.

16. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Labs all came in low risk. Huge sigh of relief! We are going to try to view the gender online together. Or i will probably call back Wednesday if it’s not up by then

17. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: thanks for the tips and so glad to hear that!! Great news!!

18. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@bhbee: I popped on just to say congratulations on the good news. I have stayed away from Hellobee for awhile but am glad I checked to see your good news! Congrats and I’ll keep praying that your pregnancy goes well for you.

19. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsJBeeG: thanks friend hugs to you!

20. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I have been thinking about you and hoping things are getting better for you. We are always here for you!!

@bhbee: Did you find out the gender yet??

21. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: sorry I missed this, that is wonderful news!!! are you thinking you're going to wait on sex info, or are you going for it?

@LabradorLover: my good friend IRL had sciatic pain throughout her pregnancy. I know she did physical therapy and I think it did help, although nothing totally resolved it I'll ask her if she thought it was worth it to do it again. PT is tough because it's frequently not covered by insurance. I had to do pelvic floor PT after my birth and it healed me, but $$$$.

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@LabradorLover: thank you for thinking me. I had a very rough (and delayed) loss this time but am in a really good mental state now. Don’t know if/when we might decide to try again (I’m old so time isn’t on my side) but I’m at peace for now. hope you are doing well. I do miss chatting with all my friends on this site.

23. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: @LabradorLover: so the full report was online yesterday morning!! It took every ounce of my willpower not to click it yet since I agreed to wait until after dh has a big presentation today. He didn’t work as late as expected last night so I was still up when he came home and I was sooooo disappointed he didn’t want to look then! But plan is to look tonight and maybe tell kids tomorrow.

@LCTBQE: any news on yours? How long have you been waiting?

24. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@LCTBQE: Thanks for the info! I am going to check with my doctor tomorrow when I see her and see if she has anything different to offer.

@MrsJBeeG: I am glad to hear that you are at peace now but sorry to hear about the loss. I can't even imagine.

@bhbee: I know how hard it would be to wait knowing the results were right in front of you but you can't view them yet. My doctor said they will get the results and call us so I will technically know before DH but he said I have to call him immediately after I get off of the phone!

25. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I don't think our paths crossed, but I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you are hanging in there.

@bhbee: You have more self restraint than I do keep us posted! I had my blood draw last Tuesday and was told 2 weeks. I'm hoping it's sooner than that, it would be nice to hear back this Friday or something, but obviously it's out of my hands. How long did you end up having to wait before hearing from your OB? And my NT is this Friday morning. Trying to stay in a zen place and distract myself.

26. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: I had the draw on Thurs, lab received over the weekend (according to website), results said sent to provider the following Sunday. My OB’s nurse called me Monday afternoon (when she does callbacks) so not too bad. I do think the website helped manage my expectations so I would call natera for a login if you get antsy! But Friday does not sound crazy so I hope you can get it all then if not before.

ETA results did come in 2 days before the website’s estimated date.

27. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: Ah, interesting. It would be nice to get the info Friday just because it might inform the NT results, you know? Last time it only took 7 days total and I got the results on the same day as the NT, but back then I did it at the same imaging place that did the scan. this time I did it through my OB's office and I guess they're slower. I'm just going to hold my horses I think.

28. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

It’s a ! Omg! I was so sure it was a boy. We have a ton of cute girl clothes so that’s exciting - even though this baby will be directly off season to my oldest I think we can reuse a lot in a warmer climate than where she was born. Or I hope so. My mom made her a ton of custom clothes (first grandchild!) and is good at alterations so I’m sure she’ll make a lot of it work. I do have my eye on a pair of ladybug baby shoes I saw a while back though

Now I feel like I can really start to plan and make it real! And I’m pretty excited to tell my 6yo she’s getting a little sister. I’m nervous about telling people in general but I think it will make it more real to me.

29. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: congrats!!!

30. Mrs. Gumdrop

blogger / apricot / 275 posts

Hi hi, just joining in here!

Location: Currently Chiang Mai Thailand, will be in Michigan.

EDD: August 10

First child? Second

Any symptoms? Manageable nausea

Who have you told? everybody now

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Fears that my sister in law or I will miscarry and then always have the surviving child to watch grow up instead of raising them together
    But i am mostly keeping fears at bay and enjoying the process since this will be my last.

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Mrs. Gumdrop: welcome! I need to update the list with our new mamas!

32. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas

1st: Seslsesl (#2)
    2nd: CaliforniaDreams (#3)
    10th: bhbee (#3) , Mrs. Gumdrop (#2)
    13th: hannahshope (#1)
    24th: LCTBQE (#2)
    25th: LabradorLover (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    Sept 4th: EmmaNZ (#2)

Appointments

2/9: LCTBQE (NT)
    2/12: coffeemom
    2/16: Math.Nerd (NIPT)
    2/20: bhbee
    3/29: hannahshope (anatomy scan)

anything to change or add just reply!

33. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: how was your appt today?

34. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: it was great! Got to see the little one moving around on the screen and HB was 171. Currently waiting to get my blood drawn for the MaterniT21 testing! Hoping it only takes a week to find out because we are so excited to know what we are having!!

I go back on 2/16 for NT Ultrasound and bloodwork.

35. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@bhbee: I missed this!!! Congratulations that is wonderful I can imagine you must have been astonished. What great news. How does your husband feel? Must be so nice to be able to start getting excited.

36. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@LabradorLover: yay, good update! Always nice to see the little dudes wiggling around
    @Mrs. Gumdrop: welcome and congratulations! When are you moving back to the US?

37. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

ETA dupe

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LCTBQE: good luck with your scan today! I hope you get lots of good news
    I think my husband and I are honestly not feeling like it is very real yet! Clearly I need to go shopping or something

@LabradorLover: so exciting!!

39. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@LCTBQE: Good luck today, can't wait to hear!

@bhbee: Thank you! I already can't wait to go shopping once we find out. We have already seen so many cute outfits but haven't purchased anything because we don't know the sex yet. It is incredible to me that we might know next week what we are having otherwise I would have to wait for April!! So far away!!

40. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@bhbee: Congratulations!!!

@Mrs. Gumdrop: Congratulations and welcome!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee