1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I’m so sorry - take care of yourself

2. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I’m so sorry

3. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

So just had my ten week ultrasound (or so I thought) turns out I’m measuring 13.5 weeks and new due date is 7/15. I’m in shock, but I guess the period I thought I had was implantation bleeding. Anyways, guess I’ll be moving to the July board. Good luck with your pregnancies and I’ll miss you ladies!!

4. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Kitkat: wow! Nice to skip the rest of first tri! Best of luck for your sweet July baby!

5. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Kitkat: Awesome!! Good luck with everything!

6. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Hi folks -- I think I'm mostly going to hang out on the September mamas group, but I wanted to check in here. With LO#1 I went to 41+5 or 41+6 and all the mamas in my month group had delivered and moved on the postpartum thread weeks ahead of me!

EDD: 8/23 or 8/24, but since I cooked my first baby well-done, I'm planning for an early September birthday. With LO#1 I got rapidly and progressively crazier every day that passed after about 40+4 and I hope adjusting my expectations makes this pregnancy more bearable if it also runs on the long side.

First child? Nope, I have a 2.5-year-old.

Any symptoms? Hungry-and-not-hungry, exhausted, sore breasts and nipples.

Who have you told? Hellobee, my midwives, my partner.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Repeat loss. 2017 was a crap year for pregnancies for me -- two losses and an ectopic.

7. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@lilyofthewest: crossing my fingers this is your rainbow whether August or September!!

8. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@Kitkat: That's bananas! Glad it was a good appointment and things are looking good - but sorry to see you head to a whole other month board!

I spoke too soon about having mild symptoms. I. feel. crappy. I hate this part.

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: I’m sorry. I’m in the eye of the ms storm (almost 10w) and I’m just surviving. I’m such a crappy parent to my older kids right now. But every time i feel ok for 5 minutes I freak out a little since this is about the time trouble started to show up in my last loss.

10. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I’m so very sorry

11. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

Hi everyone! Between a broken computer, back to school craziness, and just general life stuff, I've been totally MIA. I was so sorry to hear about fuzzypeaches and MrsJBeeG - best wishes for future pregnancies
    I'd been feeling better, but have been hit with a lot of fatigue again. I also started spotting a bit Tuesday evening, but the nurse I talked to told me not to worry too much. I'm 11w2d today, and have an appointment on Monday, so hoping it's all good and I can just get into the second trimester. Sending good vibes to everyone!

12. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas

1st: Seslsesl (#2)
    2nd: CaliforniaDreams (#3)
    10th: bhbee (#3)
    24th: lilyofthewest (#2)
    25th: LabradorLover (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    Sept 4th: EmmaNZ (#2)

Appointments
    Jan 15th: Seslsesl
    Jan 19th: Math.Nerd
    Jan 22nd: LabradorLover
    Jan 25th: bhbee (NIPT)

anything to change or add just reply!

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: good luck on Monday! are you doing one of the screening tests then?

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

I also just realized the admins changed the board to be by "due date" instead of me and to be in the August 2018 subgroup. yay!

15. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

So....how early is too early for maternity pants? This is my third baby and I feel like I go into them earlier each time haha. With my first, I stayed in regular pants until around 16 weeks. With my second baby, I was in them before ten weeks. I’m now 7.5 weeks and considering it...

16. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@CoffeeMom: i split the different this time. I stared wearing leggings with long tops at like 6 weeks. I tell myself it’s kind of real clothes figure in leggings i can make it a while longer although sometimes the waist still bothers me when I’m feeling really sick.

ETA also i never stopped wearing my maternity lounge/pj pants from old navy. They fit at any size and are so comfy!!

17. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

I had my appointment today and things seem to be progressing well! It took my midwife a minute to find the heartbeat, which definitely had me worried, but then she found it low in my pelvis and it sounded perfect! I had my NIPT blood taken and scheduled my nuchal fold scan for next Monday, so things feel like they're moving along. We're planning on keeping the sex a surprise until birth, but it's so tempting with the NIPT testing and being able to find out so early!

Also, I've definitely transitioned to wearing leggings as much as possible, though it's not always easy to do with my work wardrobe. Thank goodness for maternity tights!

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: that’s exciting to hear the hb!

19. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

How is everyone doing? I’ve felt a little less sick the last couple days ... i still lost my dinner last night but I’m more functional overall. Soooo of course it’s freaking me out even as it’s nice. I’m closing in on 11w so it’s not crazy ... i just really need to get to that appt next week! I also finally remembered that Prevacid is what really helped my heartburn last time and i think that may be making a difference too.

@math.nerd: good luck with your appt on Friday!!

20. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@bhbee: I’ve been feeling a bit better as well, so of course have been freaking out and googling like crazy. I have my first midwife appointment on Monday, so hopefully that goes well and we are able to hear the heartbeat!

21. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

I’m doing well so far! Been throwing up my dinners quite often but I don’t really have “morning sickness” so thankful for that! My RE had to change my appointment for next week to the 25th so I’m bummed we don’t get to see our little bean when we planned but it’s ok, only three more days extra to wait.

@math.nerd: how did your appointment go?

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas

1st: Seslsesl (#2)
    2nd: CaliforniaDreams (#3)
    10th: bhbee (#3)
    24th: lilyofthewest (#2)
    25th: LabradorLover (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    Sept 4th: EmmaNZ (#2)

Appointments

Jan 22nd: Seslsesl (NT), coffeemom
    Jan 25th: bhbee (NIPT), LabradorLover

anything to change or add just reply!

23. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

How is everyone? I had to move my NT scan to 1/25, so a few more days before getting to check in on the pregnancy. We can find out the sex on Friday, but we didn't find out the sex until birth with our first and originally planned to do the same thing with this pregnancy, but it's so much more tempting to find out early this time around! This was probably already asked, but is anyone else waiting to find out the sex??

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: 1/25 is a busy day for appts! I’m hoping to get a peek that day too (but probably just quick to make sure the measurements are on track).

We’re definitely not waiting but I’m a planner so we never have! This is the first time i can find out at 12-13 weeks which will be strange. I do think it’s going to be fun to tell my kids the gender (they will be 6 and 3 as of this week) and make it more real for them. But I also totally understand that it could be fun to wait! I think honestly it’s probably fun either way and just a little different, so do what you and your partner want.

25. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@CoffeeMom: did you have your appt? Hope it went great!

26. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

Hello there! Sorry for the delay - my appt. on Friday went well! Measuring right on track with a good heartbeat. She gave me so diclegis which has been helping a bit.

Since I'm so old (36, lol) I get to do the NIPT blood test in a few weeks and find out the sex. That's some crazy science.

My next OB appointment is at 12 weeks on Feb. 16!

27. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: yay for a good update! I’m old too

28. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@bhbee: Thanks for checking! My appointment was good. Everything seems to be on track. Next appointment is 2/12!

Add me to the “old club”! I’m 37

29. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

We ended up finding out the sex! I've been pretty anxious about this pregnancy for no real reason, and having some stress and things with work, so I just really wanted something solid and fun to think about and we found out it's a boy! We're really excited - we have a girl now, and while it would have been awesome for her to have a sister, we're excited to have a boy and a girl!

My new random anxiety is that I think my daughter might have had parvovirus and my panicked internet search has told me that it's not great if a pregnant woman gets it and passes it to the fetus Fortunately, I was able to get her into the pediatrician tomorrow morning to confirm one way or the other and then I can get a blood test if necessary on Thursday.

Sorry for the long post, but almost nobody knows I'm pregnant and there's no one to vent to! Hope you're all doing well and merrily progressing to the second trimester!

30. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: congrats on your boy!! Hopefully your virus fears don’t come to anything worrisome. I hate stuff like that! Are you planning to go public soon?

Fun to see lots of good updates! Hoping for lots more good news with all the other appts this week.

31. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@Seslsesl: Congratulations!! Little boys are so much fun!

32. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Huge sigh of relief. My ob knew i was nervous about another loss so started with a quick sonogram - which was good because she never got the hb on Doppler since the baby was moving so much. She didn’t do any measurements but said it all looked great, and although it was quick it was fun to see a baby blob flipping and moving arms and legs around.

They switched to panorama for nipt and gave me a thing where i can create an account and check it myself. Because that’s not going to make me obsessive

It’s weird not to have an nt scan! No ultrasound pics until the anatomy scan. But I’m excited to find out gender and hopefully a healthy baby.

Looking forward to other updates! My next appt is 2/20 and I’ll try to update the list with everyone’s info later.

33. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: @LabradorLover: how were your appts? hoping for all good news!

34. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Seslsesl: Congrats on your little boy!! OMG so exciting!!

I have my 9 week ultrasound yesterday at the RE's office and we got to see our little bean moving all around on the screen. It was so surreal for us to see that, especially because I can't feel anything but amazing!! Heartbeat was 178 so that was good and measuring right on schedule. I am so so happy!! We got released from our RE's office and I see my OB for the first time on 2/8. They said we will get an ultrasound on that day and we will get the script for the NIPT testing...we can't wait to find out the gender! Hoping it won't be too expensive since i'm only 27 and it won't be covered.

Has anyone had any experience with the MaterniT21 testing? That is what they said it'll be for us so I am curious if anyone has had that previously and what it cost you and how fast you found out the results??

@bhbee: I am so glad your appointment went well and it seems like you have a really great doctor who knows you well enough to just jump right in and not make you wait, that is really awesome!

35. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: oh yay I’m so happy for you! Those are such amazing feelings to experience

I had materniti21 last time (in 2014), I was under 35 but it was “covered” I think because my anatomy scan had an abnormality (which turned out to be nothing). But any rate, the ob told me it would be no more than $200 out of pocket. And then I got a bill for like $2200 because we were on a high deductible plan (it’s probably more now). BUT, I called and said what my ob office said and they offered to take $200 over the phone and called it good. So definitely call! They don’t put those things in writing but it happens all the time. For me it was a bonus because my deductible looked like I had paid the full amount. This time they did Panorama and I’ve heard they are not so good about billing adjustments so I might get stuck with it, but at least it would go to my deductible.

ETA I think results were about 7-10 days but I wasn’t paying as close attention since I already knew the gender that time

36. hannahshope

apple seed / 2 posts

I am a little late to the party but excited to join!!

EDD: August 13th 2018!

First child? Yep!!

Any symptoms? So.Tired. All the time!! And they (whoever they is) lied about morning sickness. It is all day!!

Who have you told? We told our parents/families very shortly after we found out on Christmas Eve and made our "big" announcement to everyone else this week!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? We TTC for almost 5 years and were seeing a RE when we finally got pregnant. It is a little surreal! We have had three ultrasounds already, one at 6 weeks so all we could see was a little grey smuge, then at 9 weeks where we got to hear the hear beat but it still looked mostly like a bean, then this week at 11wks 3 days and it actually was looking like a baby, it was such a relief to SEE our little Ducky (current nickname until we find out the gender!).

37. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@hannahshope: so exciting!!! Are you finding out gender soon or waiting for the anatomy scan?

38. hannahshope

apple seed / 2 posts

@bhbee: I'm not "high risk" so we would have to pay out of pocket for the NIPT to find out gender. So tragically, I am waiting until our anatomy scan which isnt until March 29th!!

39. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@bhbee: It went well! Everything looked good, and I was able to see the baby looking like an actual baby! He was asleep at first, but then started bopping around which was fun to see. Now I'm just waiting on the blood test results to see if I'm already immune to Fifth's Disease. I'm feeling generally better about the pregnancy and just ready to get these results back and start telling everyone!

We've started telling people in person slowly but surely, but haven't settled on a big announcement online or anything yet. Is anyone planning a big announcement and what week do you think you'll be ready to go public?

40. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@LabradorLover: I don't remember what we did with my first - we did testing after the 20 week ultrasound due to something they saw on the scan, and I paid around $900 for that. This time I did the NIPT test early and my office uses ClariTest - they said I should get a bill for $900 in the mail, but I only need to pay $150 (I'm under 35 so my insurance won't automatically cover it). I got the results in 7 days, including MLK Day and a weekend.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee