Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: any news yet? can you tell I love gender announcements

had my first regular appointment today with just the doppler hb check. it took her forever to find it - thank goodness I was pretty sure I felt baby move away so I didn't freak out quite as much. I've also wondered if I have a back tilted uterus based on how long it takes me to show in front and how hard it is to find the hb. I'm glad I never caved on a home doppler!

scheduled my anatomy scan for March 20! I really want to get past that, I'm so worried something will be wrong.

anyone else have a scan or other big news coming up?

2. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@bhbee: Yay for a good appointment! My anatomy scan and next midwife appointment is March 16th - can't wait!

I'm impatiently waiting to feel baby move - every now and then I think I feel something, but it's not consistent or clear enough for me to know for sure. I want those baby kicks!

3. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: nothing yet getting very impatient!! I’m glad you had a good appointment!

4. heebie

apple seed / 2 posts

@Due Date:

EDD: 8/2/2018

First child? Yes

Any symptoms? So hungry, so tired!

Who have you told? Everyone except work!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Hi all! My name is Heera and I live in Washington DC. I am a little late to this board. I am so excited that first trimester is over and very ready for the "golden trimester" and eager for August already! We are having a baby girl, Elliott James (Ellie for short). Can't wait to go through my first pregnancy with you all!

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@heebie: welcome! I’ll try to update the list sometime soon.

@LabradorLover: sorry for the wait - seems like they are all taking longer now that they’re becoming more widely used. Hopefully soon!!

6. heebie

apple seed / 2 posts

@bhbee: thank you!!

@Seslsesl: My anatomy scan is 3/16, too. I'm so nervous!! I was so tense through the entire NT scan, which I heard is nothing compared to the anatomy scan. But, I'm also so excited to see baby up close and personal

I think I felt the baby move for the first time last night. I felt something strange, and then I felt it for sure again. It was so exciting!!!! Is 17w too soon? Was that a muscle twitch or could it have been baby?! I can't wait to feel her on a daily basis!

7. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@heebie: Welcome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Elliott - especially for a girl.

8. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@heebie: i think it’s definitely possible at 17w! So fun

9. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

I finally got my MaterniT21 results back yesterday. The doctor said it came back that there is a possibility our baby will have down syndrome. DH and I were devastated and cried all day. Been doing some research and waiting to be scheduled for CVS testing but it really is a hard pill to swallow.

We did get to find out that it is a boy though! We are thrilled because we totally thought girl from the very beginning. We both wanted a boy first so we are super excited.

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: oh friend so many hugs for you I’m so sorry you have to deal with this uncertainty. I hope you don’t have to wait too long to get more answers. Sending love to you and that beautiful boy

11. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LabradorLover: Congratulations on the boy. And I'm sorry that it wasn't all exactly the news you were looking for. Remember, this is the first screen of many and there's lots of ways to find more answers. Sending love! xx

12. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: @math.nerd: Thank you, ladies! We are staying positive (as much as we can) until we have a reason not to!

13. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

Hi Ladies,
    Just checking in -- I had my 1st trimester scan today and all went well. Wiggly, squiggly baby girl in there. The ultrasounds still sort of freak me out -- I feel like Rachel from Friends when they say "Oh! And there's the *insert body part here" and I'm like "ooh, cute" but really I'm thinking "I don't really understand what I'm looking at". But it's nice to see good heartbeat and right on track with my due date.

I'm only 13 weeks 3 days, so I think most of you are well into your second tri. Hope you're all feeling well!
    Hope you all have good appointments soon too!

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: glad to hear it! I’m definitely going to be trying not to freak out at my anatomy scan.

Anyone have good tips for getting over a cold while pregnant? It always takes soooo long for me and this time I have been totally knocked out - like I could sleep 16 hours a day. I think allergies are at play too - I’m taking my meds (oral + nasal spray) and I get shots but spring always gets me here. I hate feeling like I shouldn’t spend time outside when it finally gets nice!

15. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

I have been offline during a quick visit to family--- @LabradorLover: congratulations on the boy they are phenomenal. I'm so sorry you're going through this uncertainty and that the results weren't just easy and what you'd hoped. This is so hard, but hang in there and keep us posted.

@math.nerd: that's great, was it the NT? I'm just a week or so ahead of you, so you're not alone back there!

@bhbee: ugh I used to get allergies when I lived in the south too, they're so uncomfortable. I think there was another thread a couple months back about having a cold while pregnant?? maybe there's some good advice in there. I had a 24-hr bug that SUCKED and wiped me out, but it didn't last long. I think a lot of women say sleeping on an incline (pillows or even a recliner) can really help along with all the usual suspects--hot liquids, rest, etc

16. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

And I have flu B. I feel so awful about all the meds this kid is getting exposed to. Tamiflu to try to keep it shorter (although it’s probably too late) and albuterol treatments which have me all jumpy. Ugh.

17. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

I met with a genetic counselor today and that went very well. She told me that I "didn't have the traditional positive results" that they normally see on the MaterniT21 test (go figure) and that we have "low mosaic trisomy 21". They are basically thinking that the trisomy 21 could just be in the placenta cells, not the fetal cells. I am officially scheduled for an amnio on March 6th and hoping the 1-2 weeks that it takes for results just fly by! Little nervous for the amnio but excited that I get to see my little boy again before my anatomy scan in April!

I am feeling pretty positive considering I had this meeting this morning and talked to a different genetic counselor on the phone and they both said the same thing to me and both think the end result will be "normal". Keeping our fingers crossed that our little man will be ok. I really don't want to be put in a position to have to make any hard decisions.

18. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: so many hugs to you! Glad your next steps are laid out and there are good indicators in the results so far.

19. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: I hope it all works out! I'm sorry you have the flu, hoping for a speedy recovery!

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

August Mamas

1st: Seslsesl (#2)
    2nd: CaliforniaDreams (#3), Heebie (#1)
    10th: bhbee (#3) , Mrs. Gumdrop (#2)
    13th: hannahshope (#1)
    24th: LCTBQE (#2)
    25th: LabradorLover (#1)
    27th: coffeemom (#3)
    31st: Math.Nerd (#2)
    Sept 4th: EmmaNZ (#2)

Appointments

3/6: LabradorLover (amnio)
    3/16: LabradorLover, Seslsesl (anatomy scan), heebie (anatomy scan)
    3/20: bhbee (anatomy scan)
    3/29: hannahshope (anatomy scan)

anything to change or add just reply!

21. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@LabradorLover: All my FX for you that it is what they think and that your amino puts your mind at ease. It sounds as if you are really doing well with taking this all in the 6th is soon, that’s great they were able to get you in. How long do you have to wait after for your results? I’m thinking of you.

@bhbee: I’m so sorry to hear you got the flu fwiw I’ve heard flu A has bad vomiting, at least it’s not that on top of the verything. Are you feeling any better?

22. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@LCTBQE: they say preliminary results come back in two days but final results are 1-2 weeks. I think if we didn’t talk and meet with genetic counselors and have them tell me the reassuring info they did, I’d be in a much different mindset but I’m feeling positive it’ll all work out. 🤞

23. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: @LCTBQE: thanks ladies! At least it explains being soooo wiped out. I think the tamiflu is slowing down the congestion so that’s good. I expect the fatigue and cough to take a while but at least no one else has it yet! My daughter showed some signs yesterday so the pedi gave her tamiflu over the phone and today she seems fine.

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: thinking of you for tomorrow!

25. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: thanks! Had it done today and it was pretty traumatic for me. They told me at 15 weeks it might be difficult and I guess they were right. Apparently the membrane they go through is a little thicker earlier on and it was hard to get the needle through. They ended up sticking me 3 different times

They did almost a full anatomy scan and he was perfect in every way. The tech confirmed that he was in fact a boy it was good to see him wiggling around on the screen. I just hope I never have to have that again!

Preliminary results in about two days, full results in 2 weeks. Wish us luck!

26. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LabradorLover: Oh my! I'm so sorry it was so hard. I'm glad it's done now. Wishing you LOTS OF LUCK!

27. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I know the whole thing must just be wrenching. Sending you so many good thoughts as you wait! Keep us posted - no matter what happens we are here for you

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@LabradorLover: just wanted to pop in and say I hope everything comes back ok! Sending all of the luck!

29. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@math.nerd: @bhbee: @MamaBear87: thank you ladies!!

30. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@LabradorLover: oy, good job getting through it, lady you deserve a really, really nice present. like new car level. so glad the procedure is behind you and hope you can stay zen for the next few days while you wait. xx
    ETA like a corvette.

31. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LabradorLover: So many well wishes for you and baby boy!

32. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@crazydoglady: thank you!

@LCTBQE: haha thank you! My husband took me to Friendlys afterwards, it’s my favorite place because I’m basically a child so that was my present! Haha

33. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: thinking of you!

How is everyone doing these days?

I’m 18w today and getting nervous for my anatomy scan which is a week from Tuesday. I’ll be glad when that is over! I’m showing but still waiting for my cute bump - so it all just feels a bit stuck in between!

Anyone have any vacations or other fun plans coming up? I remember having so much fun starting to baby shop after the anatomy scan with my first!

34. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: Thank you!! I'm sure everything on the anatomy scan will turn up perfect!

Update for me - we got preliminary results on Friday about our little boy which were "uninformative". So that was a lot of anticipation for nothing! Now we wait for final results...

I just turned 16 weeks and can't believe that amounts to being 4 months pregnant already! I feel like it has dragged on very slowly but I'm almost halfway there already...crazy! I feel like my stomach has definitely changed and is getting rounder but still a little hard to tell.

My Bestie is being induced tonight and I am hoping to get to meet her little boy on Wednesday! I am so excited for her!!

35. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: ugh to uninformative! Hope the full result comes back soon!

So fun about seeing your friend’s baby I too feel like it’s been going slow but I know the second half will be super fast! (At least until the last month, ha)

36. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

I had my first of two anatomy scans today (16.5 weeks) and it went well, everything looking good. We saw the baby vagina which made it feel a little more real to me that we’re having a girl—I’m still in my boy mom denial over here
    Next scan will be in mid-April.

How’s everyone else doing energy-wise? I’m so glad to be in the second tri but I am still so tired and fatigued and drained and don’t want to do anything. I do remember getting the energy burst right around 13w with my first, but not this time.

37. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@LabradorLover: gah, that is frustrating. So results this time next week? You are doing great I really am amazed by how strong and calm you are—traits that will translate *wonderfully* into your mama-hood

@bhbee: so you’re just getting the one anatomy scan? I was a little nervous this weekend too, but starting to let my shoulders down a bit. And roger that on the non-cute bump. Mine is a large lump, like when little kids stick a throw pillow under their tee shirts pretending to be pregnant. Not cute! I think it’s still like, are you pregnant or really letting yourself go, haha.

Don’t know if you guys saw my other thread, but we just bought our first house and are moving to the suburbs from the city at the end of next month, so that is HUGE. I’m relieved that we will have a place to put this baby but the logistics are intimidating. Luckily my husband is being absolutely amazing and is seriously taking care of business. I know people do it all the time but it feels so tumultuous to move and bring home a new boo in the same few months.

38. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

I've been totally out of the loop!
    @LabradorLover - I'm sorry the results weren't more informative. I agree with the other posters - your strength and grace with this is so admirable

@LCTBQE - Congrats on the house! That is exciting! We live on a boarding school campus, so space is a little limited - I definitely get a mix of super excited and house-envy whenever people move to new spaces!

I've been feeling way more tired than I expected for being well into my second trimester (I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday). I have my anatomy scan and 20 week midwife appointment on Friday, and I'm planning to ask about low iron or B12 - I'm a vegetarian and wonder if I'm so tired from not getting enough of something, but it could also just be regular pregnancy symptoms...I also feel like I'm not showing as much as I was at this point with my first, but I think I'm carrying differently and just need to be patient.

I am anxious to get a good look at the little guy and see that everything is alright - our 20 week ultrasound with our first went from fun to upsetting when the tech found choroid plexus cysts on our daughter's brain and the neonatologist who talked to us did not have the best bedside manner when explaining it - she basically focused on the worst case scenario and sent me into a weeping panic until my regular midwife called and assured me that it was almost certainly nothing to worry about. She ended up being right of course, but I would like to have a nice, positive, stress-free ultrasound this time if possible.

I hope everyone else is doing well! I'm going to be better about staying on the board and avoid writing such giant posts!

39. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Seslsesl: @LCTBQE: I said something to my ob about hoping for the energy burst and she (3 kids herself) was like yeah, that’s mostly for first babies .... I’m exhausted but it’s hard to tell what is having #3 vs leftover flu vs allergies. Given allergy season in TX it’s probably going to stay this way.

@LCTBQE: congrats on the house! We moved from a city apartment in Boston before our second and the space was awesome. It’s defintely a lot but it will feel worth it I bet!

And yes only one anatomy scan (unless they see something off) and I didn’t have an nt scan (since I had NIPT and they don’t do both) so I feel like we’ve never gotten a good look! No cute pics or anything. I can feel the baby a ton now so that helps but I’m worried about a serious birth defect. I had a nightmare about it (having a loss at this point) last night so yeah, right on schedule with the anxiety. But I’ll also be excited to verify lady parts

If I was under 35 this would be my only major ultrasound! (I did have a dating scan at 8w but not much to see there ... ) I think I’ll have a couple near the end since I’m AMA now. Yay for being old!

40. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

Hi All,
    Thought I'd check in as I just had a 16 week appt. Nothing really to report - except that my belly is measuring 23 weeks!! Yikes. I will likely start getting progesterone shots in the next week or so to hopefully prevent another preemie.
    How's everyone feeling? Second trimester energy? Anyone?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee