Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2018 Moms

1. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@math.nerd: Omg that is crazy!! I had a 16 week appointment today too and they measured mine but didn't mention anything and said everything looks good so I assume I'm on track.

I've been kind of MIA lately, still waiting for final results about my little boy, renovating the nursery and been more focused on my Bestie who just had her little boy. He is just the most adorable little human!! Tuesday will be the two week mark since I had the amnio so we should have the results by then.

I have been feeling pretty good. Nausea seems to have subsided and I'm definitely not as tired as I used to be (I can stay up past 9pm now!) I do have days where I just have zero energy but it isn't too terrible. I am just looking forward to feeling the little one move soon...I can't wait to feel that!

@bhbee: good luck at your anatomy scan, I think you said it might be next week? I'm sure everything will look perfect!

@Seslsesl: Did you have your anatomy scan today? How did it go??

@LCTBQE: Congrats on the house!! That is so exciting. I remember when we bought our house right before our wedding and it definitely was a lot, however, I looked at it and thought "ok, we are totally baby ready now!" Who knew it would take 1.5 years to make one though!! haha

2. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: bet that bump is cute! I’m sure it will even out. Although i did measure ahead (not sure how much) with my second and he was and still is a giant!

@LabradorLover: so fun about the nursery! Sending you all good wishes for this week’s news. I bet you will feel movement in the next couple weeks! I’m feeling a lot now at 19w (although I think probably more than with my first - but I could feel her some by then for sure!). I told my daughter who’s 6 about how I remember seeing her hiccups bounce a book I was reading and now she is dying to see that - makes me happy since she wasn’t happy about the baby news at first!

Yes my anatomy scan is Tuesday and I’m kind of freaking out about it! I’ll just be happy when it’s over and I know what’s what.

I think we have a bunch of anatomy scans coming up in addition to last week’s - hope everyone is doing well!

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: thinking of you

4. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: Thanks. We got our news on Monday and he does in fact have mosaic down syndrome. We were/are devastated (as terrible as that may make us sound but who really wants this for their child??) I have an 18 week anatomy scan with the MFM on the 26th to make sure there aren't any major issues and we will go from there. Been a long and tough week and it is only Wednesday!

How did your anatomy scan go?

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: it doesn't sound terrible at all, please don't feel bad! I would absolutely feel that way too. I can't imagine all the things running through your mind. I hope the anatomy scan can give you some insight into what you are facing on the physical side at least.
    you are a brave and loving mama no matter what comes next

as for me, an uneventful scan (in a good way) so I am thankful for that.

6. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: I am glad to hear that your scan went well! Must be a weight lifted off of your shoulders!

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@LabradorLover: just wanted to pop in to say you are a wonderful strong momma already! I hope you find peace with your news and that you little dude is healthy ☺

8. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you, I appreciate that.

9. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LabradorLover: I've been lurking here for your update. You are the best mama for your sweet baby boy and I wish you all the peace and clarity possible in the coming days. Please don't feel bad, we always want the absolute best for our children--whatever that looks like.

10. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@LabradorLover: oh lady, I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for it doesn't sound bad to say you're devastated, of course you are. You are also wonderful and strong and there's nothing that you could think, feel, say, or do that is wrong. lots of love. I hope the anatomy scan gives you some peace of mind. xxx

11. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@crazydoglady: @LCTBQE: thank you both

12. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LabradorLover: Thanks for sharing your update. I too am sorry it's not the exact news you were hoping for -- I think that's a lot of parenthood - getting unexpected and often umpleasent news regularly! Don't apologize for your feelings! It's important to be honest with the world about how we feel -- it's good for the soul and for those around you. I'm sure you've been on a roller coaster ride. Hopefully you can start finding some good information to help you navigate the rest!

13. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: WOW! Congratulations!!!

15. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: yikes! I had a serious pregnancy moment and posted in the wrong thread! I think I posted in August because I had the last one in August! But thank you!

16. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@Silva: @coopsmama: 👋👋

17. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@LabradorLover: Just got back from an impromptu trip to Florida and am just catching up. I'm so sorry to hear about the results and would repeat everyone else that you never have to apologize for your emotions and reactions to parenting, especially with difficult news. Sending so much love and light to you and your husband as you navigate the next steps and decide the best path forward for your family

18. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

I'm way behind, as usual. I had my 20 week anatomy scan last Friday, which was also the same day I made a very last minute decision to take my daughter to Disney World (on the following Monday)! We had an uneventful and positive scan and midwife appointment and then I spent the weekend planning and packing for our crazy trip!

My daughter and I flew out Monday night (I found $40 airfare, which was part of the reason we did it), spent 3 full days in the parks, and came back Friday afternoon. We had a blast, but solo-parenting a 4 year old at Disney World at 21 weeks pregnant is no joke! I have another week of spring break (independent school schedule) and plan to be super lazy, catch up on school work, and maybe clean my oven.

Does anybody have any spring break plans, baby moon plans, or fun Easter traditions?

19. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

I have my 18 week anatomy scan with the MFM doctor today...wish me luck!

20. crazydoglady

nectarine / 2431 posts

@LabradorLover: Thinking of you today and wishing you all the best!

21. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@LabradorLover: Sending you positive thoughts - hoping you get some answers that give you clarity and peace

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover:

@Seslsesl: your trip sounds super fun! But I’m tired just thinking about it
    I found a $1 Easter basket I’m going to put out for the baby with the big kid baskets. I have a pair of cute pjs and book to go in it (which I already had). We’re taking a family trip a few hours away at the end of April so I need to figure out maternity swim options! I was happy to skip that for my other pregnancies!

23. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

Hello all! Just checking in. I'm sure we've all been following Labradorlover's story. I'm thinking of her a lot and hope she's doing well.

How is everyone else doing? I am 18 weeks and have my second trimester scan on Monday. I'm doing to usual pre-appointment freak-out because I'm not feeling much movement. It could be because I'm HUGE so there's too much cushion around that baby. At least, that's what I'm telling myself so I don't totally obsess before I get some real information on Monday.

I'm starting to also obsess over names - anyone else have names picked out? Top contenders? Hope everyone is well.

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@math.nerd: I hope Monday goes smoothly! I hate those last days before a big appt. We haven’t even talked names yet, partially because we never really agree so I want to shorten the time we argue about it How about you?

25. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

labradorlover blows me away with how well she has handled the very tough hand she was dealt. I am thinking of her constantly and I just hope she has a quick recovery and an easy time getting a healthy pregnancy. I so, so, so admire her willingness to talk openly about her decision--wish everyone was like that. I'll miss her on our little board.

@math.nerd: I'm 19.5w and also feeling very little movement--just a couple of twinges so far, nothing major. at my first anatomy scan a couple weeks ago I was told I have an anterior placenta this time--with my son it was posterior and I felt more even this early--so I'm thinking that's the reason. you should ask at your scan, maybe that's why! I was looking at some old HB threads about this and so many women were commenting they had this experience. Anyway, it's still super early for movement, esp for you good luck and let us know how it goes. and we're just starting to talk names--we love Josie but I detest the nickname Jo--do you guys think it would invariably get shortened to that? might do a poll...

@bhbee: do you have any other significant appointments again now that you're done with the anatomy scan? how are you feeling? also been meaning to ask you, what part of Texas do you live in? it's my home state, I get so homesick this time of year when everyone is posting bluebonnet pictures and Easter is always like 75 degrees.

26. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LCTBQE: HA! My name is Joanna and I go by Jo. Don't worry, I'm not offended. One of my closest friends calls me Josie, which is fun. I was Jojo for a VERY long time as a kid, but then I met a few people who had named their dogs Jojo and I was like, Nope! Jo for me.
    I love having a "boys" name.

I posted on the main board about my naming conundrum. I'm Jewish and really want to name this kiddo after my grandmother, Virginia. But I don't love that name - or any other V name. They all sound so old fashioned to me! I like Ginny as a nickname, but her name would still be Virginia! I'll have to get over it somehow. I stumbled upon the name Everett and love it for a girl, but it might be too far removed from Virginia (it has a V in it, but that's about it).
    We also want to incorporate Olive, which was my husband's grandmother's name. I think Olive is adorable, but too popular now for a first name. It works for me as a middle for sure.

27. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@math.nerd: oh my god, hahaha I'm so sorry! I had a parentheses sorry-in-advance if someone here is a Jo and then I deleted it because I was like, "pfft, what are the chances". for me it's multiple bad associations in real life and nothing in particular about the name itself or the sound! gahhh, sorry! so in your very expert opinion, is Josie destined for Jo? agreed that the boy-name-girl-name muddling is so great, though. one of my closest friends was going to use Noa for a girl, but she got a boy and named him Sacha--love them both, but particularly for those genders. and even though you're having a hard time with it I think people respond really well to Virginia. So you think it'll be Virginia Olive or Everett Olive? Both are so lovely.

ETA just remembered that you said on your board you don't like the name Claire--lol lol.

28. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

@LCTBQE: Oh no! Are you Claire? It's lovely, but I too have negative connotations with it.

I do think that Josie could become Jo - but Josie stands so well on it's own and Joey could creep in there instead, so it's by no means a foregone conclusion.

29. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Names are so hard! I have a name that neither of my parents loved (but also didn’t hate) since neither liked each other’s choices. My mom hates the nickname and of course that’s what most people called me. So I wouldn’t assume you can control a nickname outside your house! I also have a totally moment-in-time name where you can date my birth within like 5 years.

@LCTBQE: no not really on appts! The usual ob schedule and I think in the last two months or month I will have some extra scans for being old. I’ve never had any high risk indications like GD or hypertension and hoping to stay that way. So I’m just hanging out now! Lots of baby movement which is nice. Third baby is definitely taking its toll though. Already feeling the BH and this time, getting that pelvis separation thing. So I will be a joy to be around by late summer!

We have lived in Dallas for about 4 years but the weather is still a little weird to me - I grew up in the Midwest (snowsuits for Easter egg hunts a few times) and lived in the Northeast before moving here so cold is more normal to me. I do appreciate the spring but I am dreading third tri this summer. I guess it’s all what you’re used to!!

30. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@math.nerd: hmmm... yeah we might go with another name, I dunno. still love josie but you're right, and joey=dawson's creek in my head! and yes, it's amazing how one nasty co-worker or bully when you were a kid or whatever can just kill a name for you forever, isn't it? my husband rejected so, so many of the boy names I loved the first time on grounds that he knew an Andrew in the third grade who he didn't like, blah blah blah. Claire is getting so popular that even I'm sick of it lately--it shows up on E V E R Y freaking girl name list on HB, and when I'm walking down the street in my neighborhood every toddler I pass is apparently named that because they're all getting yelled at by their mothers to not run ahead etc and I'm like, huh? Fewer Olives out there for sure

31. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

Catching up! I too have been so impressed and humbled by LabradorLover's grace and strength with her situation. It really puts things in perspective...

I don't have my next regular midwife appointment until April 16th, so just hanging out and slowly getting bigger until then. I'm a little over 22 weeks, so I've been feeling movement and finally sporting a real baby bump for a couple of weeks now. We went to NYC on Thursday and people even offered me their seat on the subway, which means I definitely look pregnant

We have a name that we've liked for years (Miles), but as an educator I definitely have a couple of associations with it that I'm making myself get over. I love gender-neutral names, especially for girls - our daughter has a pretty non-traditional name that is definitely a boy name in the South and we love it and get tons of compliments on it, though I think it'd be blasphemy if we lived south of the Mason-Dixon.

@Math.Nerd - if we had a girl, Vivian was on the top of my list, though my husband wasn't a huge fan. I have a friend with a Valerie, and it's a cute name that I don't hear often. Names are so hard! We were struggling with a girl name before we learned the sex and had tons of trouble naming our daughter - we didn't find out the sex before birth with her and had to decide in the hospital what her name would be!

32. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

Popping on here to say my goodbyes to my August 2018 mamas and wish you all the best of luck! I will, of course, be lurking to make sure everything goes well with all of you. Hopefully I will be joining a due date board again very soon.

33. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LabradorLover: we will miss you! And will be waiting to see you pop up again soon

34. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@LabradorLover: We will miss you! Still sending all the love and support your way.

35. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@LabradorLover: you will be missed and we are all rooting for you you are amazing and you will be a phenomenal mama some day soon. hope the recovery is going well, I'm thinking of you.

36. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@LabradorLover:

37. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

How is everyone doing?

I’ve reached the point of being hungry all the time and suddenly showing a lot and seeing the weight gain jump. It happened last pregnancy at this time too (between 20-24w) but it always scares me a little! And it seems crazy that I could have a baby in 4 months?? (But I’m also going to be soooo ready with this pelvic pain going on)

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@hannahshope: did you have your anatomy scan? Any gender news?

39. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@bhbee: I have my anatomy scan on Tuesday (4/10), and we will find out gender that day as well. We are so excited.
    I’ve started having some pre-term contractions already. It’s similar to what happened last time, but is kind of discouraging because last time I ended up on bed rest from 24 weeks until I delivered at 37 weeks. I’m hoping I can keep them under control by resting as much as I can (although with a five year old and 21 month old I’m not sure how well that will go ).

Hope everyone is doing well!

40. Seslsesl

olive / 50 posts

@bhbee: I'm experiencing those things too! I'm 23.5 weeks and my belly has definitely popped and my appetite is increasing and I've made poor food choices this past week, so I'm going to work on being more mindful of what I eat, trying to exercise a bit more...

I love being pregnant, but I do not enjoy the extra attention on my body - I think my body is doing an amazing, beautiful thing and I'm totally at peace with the fact that it has to grow and change to do that awesome thing, but I do not like that people feel it gives them license to talk about my body all the time! We started back at school this week after a two week break and so my belly is obviously a bit bigger/rounder than when they last saw me, and the amount of people that have said things like, "Wow, you're huge!" or "Baby sure is growing!" and all sorts of comments about the size of my belly/body. Sorry for the random rant, but while I am so grateful to be pregnant and know that people are just showing their interest in the pregnancy, I'm already getting tired of having to be polite when people talk about the size of my body. RANT OVER.

Hope everyone is having a great week and it starts to warm up wherever you are!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee