Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: we will rock you?!?! What is with this song? G is obsessed apparently a girl at her sitters sings it!?

Glad R is doing well in the bed! Does Th like him in there?! G already asks for AJ to sleep with her...lol

@snowjewelz: I LOVE JL and 123 doesn't work for us either she counts too!!! She will comply usually with options but not always!
    Brushing teeth is ridiculous!!!!! DH tells her either we do it and sing ABCs or I can brush them and hold you, meaning basically hold you down...lol

I love the age too! And the sibling love is the best!!!!!!

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@FaithFertility: I didn't even know he knew the song lol. Ty loves having him in there. They don't want to go to bed separately either since they are "best friends." Unfortunately Tyler goes to bed later and ryan wakes up earlier so getting sort of the worst of both worlds at the moment!

3. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

for brushing teeth, we play a game that we are looking for dinosaurs (or puppies, or unicorns, or whatever animal(s) we feel like that night) and then make a big show out of finding them, etc. it's ridiculous, but seems to keep both girls entertained *eyeroll*

Girl also LOVES brushing her teeth, so much so that I switched her back to non-fluoride toothpaste because she would go brush them all the time by herself and wasn't spitting the toothpaste out. but she figured out how to spit last week! hurrah! it's the little things these days...

4. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

E is obsessed with "Shake It Off" lately and walks around constantly singing: that's what people saaaaaaay, hmmm hmmmm...that's what people saaaaay!

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@KayKay: Haha, that's too cute!!!

Teeth brushing only didn't become an issue b/c she did not enjoy her last visit to the dentist so DH tells her if she doesn't brush her teeth she has to go back... lol

6. winniebee

Oddly enough ryan likes brushing his teeth. Was a major fight with Tyler at this age though! We had to hold him down quite a bit.

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Yep that game is old....lol she is a pistol!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: ohh oh yes we hold her down like a flipping alligator lol

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I try that tactic too....she actually goes back next week

10. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: she had a little plague on her top front teeth and she screamed/cried the whole time... While I don't want to remind her of that experience, it's what gets her to let us brush her teeth!!

11. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Just popping in to say we're back!!!! We went on a 4-night cruise to the Bahamas last week and had a blast!

12. snowjewelz

@Adira: Ahh soo jealous! You looked great! More details please!! How did the boys do? What did they like the best?

13. Adira

@snowjewelz: Thanks! It was a lot of fun! It was a 4-night cruise that left from Miami and stopped in Nassau, CocoCay, and Key West. CocoCay is Royal Caribbean's private island. At both Nassau and CocoCay, we just lounged on the beach and played in the sand, which Xander LOVED. For some reason, Logan didn't seem into the beach in Nassau, but he liked the beach in CocoCay. And Key West is mostly shopping, but we found a great place for lunch that had chickens roaming free under our feet and the kids loved that. It was a lot of fun! My only complaint is that Logan wasn't allowed in the pools (have to be potty trained), but we knew that ahead of time. And dinner service was a little slow for little kids. But we all had a fun time!

14. snowjewelz

@Adira: How amazing! 4 nights seem like the perfect amount of time too! I can def imagine it's hard to sit through cruise dinners for kids! They're probably starting to get tired by then! So glad you all had a good time

15. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: Glad you had fun on the cruise!

We just got back from vacation too! We are glad to be back home in the sun & warm weather though. (Went to MN and froze...there was a little bit of snow!)

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: Sounds like a great trip! Your boys look so big and they must have had a blast

17. Adira

@snowjewelz: @AngelicOne: @MrsF: Thanks! I think they had a blast!!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Beautiful picture, you look great!!!!!!!

How fun!!!!! I can't wait to cruise Next March!!!!!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: Good old MN!!!!! Where about?!

20. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@FaithFertility: Outside of Minneapolis.

21. Adira

@FaithFertility: Thank you! Ooooh, you're cruising in March?? Where to?? You're going to have so much fun!! But if you're bringing the littles, just know it won't be quite as relaxing as a vacation without them.

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yes, Disney 4 nights Bahamas, I'm sure definitely won't be like cruising pre-kids!
    I want DH and I to go on 1 together next summer!!!!!!!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@AngelicOne: I'm from Hennipen County/Edina!

25. Adira

@FaithFertility: Ooooh! You'll definitely have to tell me how it goes! We're thinking of doing Disney next time!

26. winniebee

@Adira: That sounds so fun! Welcome back

27. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: @Adira: One of my good friends went on a Disney cruise last year and said it was amazing! We'll probably just do Disney in FL at some point in life (you have to meet us there, @FaithFertility )

28. snowjewelz

@winniebee: How are you hanging in there? Is R sleep any better/worse?

29. snowjewelz

Kara still has no desire to potty train. My friend just potty trained hers and said pee soaked clothes/shoes are soooo gross. So now I'm really hoping she'll be ready this summer b/c I do not want to potty train during fall/winter!

30. winniebee

@snowjewelz: we've had some ups and downs. He is still not sleeping as much as he was at night and is generally exhausted. Last few nights was 8:15-just before 6....no night wakings. He gets out of bed constantly at bed time and thinks it is a funny joke. I'm not sure how to approach this because nothing seems to be working and I'm not willing to lay with him at bed time!

31. snowjewelz

@winniebee: WW JL D? Haha!

I read this somewhere, but what we're gonna start trying eventually is do start making excuses to leave the room and ask her to stay in and wait for us.... I read that it has worked for many, tho a pretty slow process.

32. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@FaithFertility: Nice! We were in the Brooklyn Park/Maple Grove area. A Disney cruise sounds like fun! I've never been on a cruise and want to go one of these years.

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Sounds like a great vacation. Poor E's page in his baby book for 'first vacation' is still empty!
    @snowjewelz: Yeah, no luck on potty training here either. He'll sometimes sit on it but doesn't go. Hopefully once it's warmer out we'll just let him run around outside in undies and he'll figure it out.
    @winniebee: At least no night wakings so some improvement? Maybe the new-ness of the new bed and freedom (sans crib/sleep sack) will wear off and he'll stay put?
    Ethan has always had a projector which seems to help, we have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M19POYO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

34. winniebee

@josina: we have a projector and white noise! He keeps coming out saying "I scared" which I don't even think he knows what it means. And Tyler is in there!

35. winniebee

@snowjewelz: JL would say something like "I see you got out of your bed. That is not allowed. Time to go back to your bed. It's bed time." And I say that on repeat 1000 times until he escalates it by doing something like....get in bed with Tyler....turn on all the lights....throw water at Tyler (last night). Then Bryce goes in and yells at him and he goes to bed. It's like he feels the urge to escalate it to get more attention.

36. snowjewelz

@winniebee: do you think daddy will be more effective at bed time?

37. Adira

@winniebee: Thank you!

@snowjewelz: We'll definitely be doing Disney World at some point for sure!

@josina: Uh, I don't have a baby book for Logan, haha.

38. winniebee

@snowjewelz: he does the entire bed time routine when he is home (while I clean up and pack lunches). So, he is the last one to leave the room. Then I end up going in to enforce a bit....and then dad steps in again as needed.

39. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: i forgot you were from MN and didn't realize it was Edina! We're in SW MPLS now

@winniebee: last night i got so frustrated when E came out of her room 2s after I left that I put the dog gate across her door. haha. she started sobbing so I told her I'd take it down but it was going back up if she came out again. she stayed in!

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: J actually seems a little less interested in potty training. I do hope that he's ready this summer just because it'll be fewer clothes, but I'm not going to push it. It's a long summer and hopefully if they're really ready the process will be pretty quick!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee