Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: You must all be so tired I wish I had some advice - this is what I'm fearing for J when he starts climbing out of his crib...

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@KayKay: I can't help but laugh! At least that worked! ]

That reminds me... So changing now is not a problem because I found the magic sentence. "Who wants to put on (diaper, pants, shirt) first!!!" And she comes running over meee!!! (competing with the dog, who doesn't care. But she doesn't know that, lol)

@MrsF: Same! I'm just reaaaaally hoping she'll be ready by Aug.... I also don't want to force it so hoping she doesn't wait till 3!

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@KayKay: I've thought of this! We have some old baby gates....but I think R can get over them. And their door is right next to the top of the stairs (of course) so if there were a climbing mishap, it could be bad!

4. winniebee

@snowjewelz: we often make changing into jammies or clothes a race between the boys. It gets them moving!

5. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@winniebee: oh, it's an old crappy gate. maybe actually a baby one (technically) but just a pressure-mounted one that we use to keep the dog contained when the cleaners are here. she could totally knock it over and/or probably climb it (or at least try to!) if she wanted, but i think she was just so shocked that i did it. and of course then K started crying about what if she has to go to the bathroom, etc etc, so I had to admit that i was going to take it down once E fell asleep. haha but still! it worked for one night!

i'm sure the novelty will wear off soon, and she'll figured out some way around it *eyeroll*

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: YES!!!!!!

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Yep, granted we moved when I was 2, but my whole extended family is there and in St.Paul amd Leech sp?! Lake area!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: omg competing with the dog lol
    Toddlers .....lol

9. winniebee

DH stayed in their room tonight and they were both out by 8.....don't want to make a habit of it, but good to know that it works...

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Nice!!!!!! Maybe he can do it and wean off?!? DH rubs G's back and it went from 15 mins to now maybe 2?!

11. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@winniebee: instead of thinking of it as starting a new (bad) habit, maybe think of it as slowly weaning him from needing assistance to not? perspective!! i'd totally take that for now.

E got out of bed after I told her not to (again). So I hauled the gate upstairs again and put it in the hallway outside her door. Gave her one more chance. She then stayed in bed but yelled for me 2x. Progress?

12. snowjewelz

@winniebee: the fastest way wins!

Kara threw up on the way home... threw up 3-4 more times but has kept water down since... fingers crossed!

13. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: aw, poor girl!! Hope she is okay (and sleeps well)

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ohhh no

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: How is she today?!

16. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: @FaithFertility: phew thank god it wasn't bad! I was bracing for 24 hrs of misery haha! She threw up 3-4 times, fever broke and she was already better by bed time but we were afraid to feed her. She was sooo hungry this morning. So I don't know what this was... minor stomach bug?

17. snowjewelz

Of course she had the time of her life... Got to watch TV and even a movie before bed!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Ohhh Good! Awww I loved having G in our bed when we were all sick a few weeks ago, we put AJ to bed and watched The Croods in our bed! It was nice!

19. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: glad it didn't last long!

20. winniebee

@snowjewelz: oh glad to hear!! Ryan had 24 hours of puking but then a few days of no appetite. But then would wake up ravenous. It was gross he would eat a bowl of cereal with bananas, a whole waffle, sausage and fruit. All before 6 am!

21. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Haha! Yeah I got a little nervous if she'd throw all that up

22. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Glad she wasn't sick for long!

M has decided that getting up between 6 - 6:30am is a good idea now. I miss the days when he'd sleep until 8am

23. snowjewelz

@AngelicOne: What's with a bunch of them getting up so early these days? There were a few days Kara woke at 6am too. She starts yelling sun come out! let's go downstairs!

24. winniebee

6-630 is like dream world here. I can't believe I used to get to sleep until 645

Sitting in their room works magic for no shenanigans. This is going to be an annoying habit to break but I honestly have no other idea what to do bc after 2 weeks it wasn't getting better.

I have a virus/cold that feels like the flu. It's been a rough day!!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Hahah G yells the same!

@winniebee: Hey do what works!!!! Sorry your not well

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ahhh bad T storms right now and power went out so AJ's sound machine stooped, went into his room to turn it back on and hit the projector button instead oops then tripped leaving his room and fell into G's door
    .....OMG!

27. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Ugh - my kids have been getting up 530ish lately. Makes for a looong day. Glad K's illness passed quickly!

@winniebee: Glad you've found a temporary solution at least. Pregnant and sick = anything goes.

@FaithFertility: Oh man Nothing is louder than someone trying to be quiet!

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: "sun come out!" ... too cute!
    @FaithFertility: Oh man, lol.
    @winniebee: We had to sit in the room with E around 18 months, but he goes to bed fine on his own now, maybe a month of that? So don't worry that you won't be able to break the habit. Hope you feel better!

E is pretty consistently up at 6 am.. as is Emmalyn. But no complaints about her b/c she sleeps 10-6 every night. Thank goodness she's a better sleeper than E was/is.

29. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Lol oh no! Did any of them wake up?

@josina: That's great! I feel like K2 is a better sleeper too, tho she doesn't STTN. 10-6 is awesome!

30. winniebee

I had a growth scan today (32w) and everything is fine he's measuring on track (unlike with T and R). High risk doctors don't need to see me anymore, barring something else cropping up. Super happy about that!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: great sleep baby girl!!!

@snowjewelz: Thankfully no!!!! G is a light sleeper, and AJ sleeps hard! We went out Saturday night and MIL put AJ to bed we came home ... her and G were watching Moana all lights on TV blaring she left and I noticed his door was wide open ...lol that would of woke G as a baby #2ndkid

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: aweosme can't wait to see his face

33. snowjewelz

@winniebee: amazing

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: yay, that is really great news!! What a relief. I can't believe you're already 32 weeks!

35. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@winniebee: That's awesome news!

@snowjewelz: M randomly does these high pitched squeals (trying to ignore them is easier said than done and he knows we hate it), so we know he's ready to be let out of his room.

36. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@winniebee: Yay!!! Glad everything is going well this pregnancy!!!

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: Great news!
    @FaithFertility: I love Moanna! E walks around singing 'you're welcome, you're welcome'.

38. snowjewelz

@josina: I am so obsessed with the soundtrack!

Kara's favorite is Trolls! It's the first actual movie she's ever watched and now she's in love with princess poppy (plus she is pink; Kara's fav color). She can literally recite one her songs b/c we listen to it over and over and over and over and over...........

39. winniebee

Ah, Ryan loves movies lol. He mostly loves Moana, Sing and Trolls. Those are the three that he's actually paid attention to. We have the Moana and Trolls soundtracks and I've heard them 40,000 times each. He's very good at memorizing lyrics too!

40. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@winniebee: the Moana soundtrack is one repeat here too. Except for "the crab song," she always asks to skip that one.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee