Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@josina: only 5 min earlier?! E must be way faster than my E at doing everything himself

@mamag: i have been amazed at how long kids routinely pee/poo separately...and how they seem surprised when it happens on the same trip! haha

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Aww, poor K. At least she tried. How has it gone since?
    @MamaG: I guess a benefit of training a boy, much less tp! Although he did come and tell me yesterday that he 'broke' the toilet and had plugged it with toilet paper. It was cute today when he came back and told me he 'I no break it' this time.
    @KayKay: lol. Well I'm not waiting more than 5 minutes on the car seat. He gets 10 minutes to dress himself and if he doesn't accomplish it then my turn, which he does NOT like.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@josina: She hasn't tried since. Oh well...

Man I am getting attitude these days! It seems like we lucked out on not much terrible two moments but I can feel threeanger coming through! Her only talk back used to be "don't talk to me" lol. But now it's "go away!" and "No you don't _____!" and breaking out into sobs over nothing!

4. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@josina: The only thing M wants to do so far is picking out what clothes he wants to wear every day. Gotta work on getting him to pull up his shorts & stuff though. Lol

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Hey everyone! Believe it or not I've had no time for hellobee lately haha!

So impressed with all of the potty trainees! We are almost there with Ryan. However his teachers teachers thought it would Beverly best to wean him from the pacifier first as he will be more confident and independent without it. So we took that plunge! The first night he was upset for a few mins at bed time but slept all night. He didn't nap thefirst day but did the second day. And last night bed time it was not an issue. He seems happier without it now during the day. He wasn't allowed it during the day before but he definitely would try to find it and it caused problems and he used as a crutch. So that's our update!

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@winniebee: Pacifier weaning is a great step! Glad to hear it's going pretty smoothly so far. And no worries about not potty training yet - we're not there yet either. I'm REALLY hoping that Logan is going to move up his class in September when all the kids shuffle around and that he'll get more trips to the potty which will help encourage him.

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: No way, those three boys keep you busy? W2G on the pacifier weaning, hopefully potty training goes smoothly too!

I can't believe we are going to have 3 year olds so soon! E keeps asking for his birthday, its too funny. 'can i have my birthday?', no, you have to wait until November, ... ' can we go get it?' ' i want my birthday'. It's non-stop over here, lol.

8. snowjewelz

@winniebee: yay! so glad he did it!

@Adira: most of the kids go to the potty (so does she) but she can care less! I have no idea when she is gonna be ready at this point....

@josina: lol! Kara knows her birthday is December 4... not that she has any concept when that actually is!

9. Adira

@snowjewelz: As long as it's before kindergarten, I don't care!

10. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Busy, are you? Glad that the pacifier weaning has gone well! J has been in underwear for about a month now (maybe? I'm totally losing track of time!). He has occasional accidents (peed ALL over the swing set while his cousins were over this morning). But doing well generally. I hope you're as pleasantly surprised as I've been. How's G?

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: that's adorable about the birthday. I can't believe they'll be 3!

12. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We are celebrating my big kid's birthday at Great Wolf. K doesn't fully understand it's not her birthday too. We are still doing sleep diapers here and I'm completely okay with that.

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Can't imagine why?!
    So glad R did great with his paci weaning!
    G is just a doll!

@josina: so cute!!! G is excited about AJ's birthday and wants to eat his cake lol

@MamaG: we still do pull ups at night I should just cut rhe cord but ughhhhhh.........she is dry 3-4 nights I would say

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

We are busy busy!!! I'm back to work, G is getting way too big and AJ is a busy boy and....we have a puppy NUTS!

15. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

We are also mostly crazy over here. I *think* we have turned a corner from the terrible 2s with E; she has been cute more often than she has been a terror lately but i'm sure the next phase will come soon!

Trying to cram in 2 vacations, a visit from my sister, playdates, family bike trips, and all of the normal get-ready-for-school craziness (E moving up to Children's House orientation/visit, K starting K orientation, open house, and playdates) in the last 3 weeks of summer is...a sprint to the finish. But we'll make it (I think!).

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well too!

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: I hope you guys are enjoying great wolf! We went over the winter and my kids are still talking about it all the time. J is still in a diaper for nap (usually dry) and night (sometimes dry). I don't see any reason to push it. I kept it up with M until she started refusing it. Nobody needs to be changing sheets in the middle of the night...

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: J is so cranky lately (crossing his arms, pouting, stomping away from me - so much drama). Not really tantrums though. It's always something! Glad you guys are in a pleasant phase I can't believe the summer is coming to an end - enjoy it!

18. winniebee

@KayKay: you just nailed our last few weeks of summer. Godspeed!

19. winniebee

Ryan's in undies now. After I last posted ge continued to lead the war and yesterday chose undies. No accidents!

20. winniebee

@MamaG: hope you had fun!!

21. snowjewelz

@winniebee: That's amazing!

We are still at nothing. I was really anxious about it for a while, wondering why oh why she doesn't want to when she is up to par with all her older peers in everything else. But I've decided to stop stressing! I need to model and encourage, but also trust that she will do it when she's 100% ready. I know it's the emotional part. She is very strong minded when it comes to her body so I will wait! In the mean time I'll enjoy the perks that comes with diapers!

22. Adira

@snowjewelz: I'm still with you! Logan's not interested in potty training at all. He supposedly will happily sit on the potty at daycare when they go, but that's it. He's happy to have a diaper.

23. snowjewelz

@Adira: I also made the mistake of getting princess night time pull ups and she is OBSESSED with them! I should have got the most boring stuff out there haha!

24. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, I bought Logan some Paw Patrol undies, which I know he'll love, but I haven't shown them to him because I don't want to deal with him wanting to wear them WITHOUT potty training.

25. snowjewelz

@Adira: I know, I got her Hello Kitty undies that she loves and she insists on wearing them over her diaper from time to time... So now I stashed them away!

26. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, these crazy kids!

27. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We had a great time at Great Wolf. Unfortunately Kaylee got sick as we were leaving. Or maybe fortunately? Not bad for timing. She stayed congested all week and woke with a fever today. 🤒 A trip to urgent care resulted in strep. At least she has the rest of the week to recover. And now to hope big sister doesn't get it since she's back in school already.

As for me, I see my OB on Monday and hope she can guide me to a plan to deal with my anxiety. And if I'm being wholly honest I think I'm dealing with some depression too.

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: I am so glad you guys had a wondeful time!!!!!

I was just coming on this board to update on my anxiety/deprrssion!

We got a puppy a few weeks back and she is a great dog, BUT......it through me for a loop! It took the routine I did have and well shredded it! AJ would get attacked when he was on the floor so I felt like I was always holding him or put puppy in the hall and hear her cry, G would run from her and she would nip
    After the kids went to bed I HAD no idea just how much I cherished the 1-2hrs I had alone and with DH that was now tending to a puppy!

I know I knew all of this going in, but no matter how I tried to stay sane or post all the adorable pics on IG I wasn't happy!!!!!

I loved coming home from work (which this year is a total shit show but that's another story) and sit on the floor with the kids do a puzzle and we couldn't do that anymore!

I had it, I cried at night, was on edge and I knew puppy had to go!

Thankfully she was from a family friend who 100% understood and took her back no ? Asked!

Also Thankfully G didn't really bond with her too much as she nipped her all the time lol so she was ok giving her back to her mommy dog! Truly didn't even bat an eye (THANK GOD)

I cried, felt like a failure but I knew I had to!

Anxiety is no joke and when it hits it hits hard!!!! I'm going to OB too Wed to just talk because work is awful and I am very emotional latley!

Just wanted to share my struggle!!!
    Let me know how your visit goes!!!

29. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@FaithFertility: thanks for sharing. I feel like my people who see me no idea have no idea. I tried to talk to a couple people and got a lot of this is motherhood. No, this isn't. Motherhood doesn't need to feel like this. I'm not at my best or even close to it. And if I look at every aspect of my life I don't feel like I'm getting any part done well.

30. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

After a great talk with my OB she assured me that why I'm going through is normal for a working mommy wife in her 40s. Her solution is forcing more me time and antidepressants. She really emphasized the 40s part and talked about peri menopause 😭 But I can't deny my age and what my next stage is. So I'm giving celexa a try and hoping for the best.

31. Adira

@FaithFertility: Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your struggle! But I can't even imagine how stressful it would've been to have a new puppy on top of everything else! I think you did the right thing!!

@MamaG: Oh wow. It's crazy to thing about and realize what getting older does to us! Really hoping the new meds make a world of difference for you.

32. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: It was really interesting to hear her thoughts on peri menopause. She talked about how my cycle really only has about 5-7 days of feeling "good" and the rest is just a downward spiral. This aging thing is a bit of a bitch. The common meds to deal with it are either birth control or antidepressants. At my age, birth control really isn't the best choice (especially since it's not needed for it's intended purpose). Just having the conversation about what's going on felt really good. I really hope this helps. I just want to be a better ME!

33. snowjewelz

@MamaG: That is so interesting. I guess as we age we almost have to get to know ourselves all over again and then find new ways to "cope"! I hope the meds help!

@FaithFertility: I can't imagine how stressed you must be! It's so hard to figure out how these things affect you until it really happens and you're living it. Looking for the silver lining, you will be super duper prepared when you are ready for a puppy again! Like Princess Poppy says, you get knocked over but you will get back up again! (I can't believe I'm now quoting kids movies lol)

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MamaG: Glad that you had a good trip, but sorry for the sickness - again! Really hoping the kiddo's can stay healthy!
    Thanks for sharing about the peri-menopause, really good to know! I hope you are able to get more me-time and that the meds do help.
    @FaithFertility: Aww, sorry the puppy didn't work out like you wanted. Sounds like you really need an oasis at home right now, I hope work gets better? How long have you been back?
    @snowjewelz: lol to quoting children's movies.

35. snowjewelz

@josina: I was trying to explain why Mulan was sad to her the other day haha! I was also trying to explain to her the irony of Olaf loving summer. Sometimes she looks at me like whaat...!?

36. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: I'm so glad you were able to go in and talk to your OB! And I hope the meds help. Honestly, sometimes even for someone to tell me 'this is normal. It's not just you' can go such a long way for my mental health. Hugs!

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: Thanks, I truly enjoyed my night tonight with the kiddos!
    I've been back for 3 weeks this is week 3 with kids! That part is great, always is, but so many other aspects this year are making it hard!

@snowjewelz: awww we have yet to watch Trolls, she still says it's scary! Maybe I'll watch it lol

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: sounds like a good apt!

39. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Wahhhhh and the big kid has a headache and is nauseous and won't eat. I'm at urgent care again. I'm guessing we have a new case of strep. And DH thinks he has it too.

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: omg..... horrible I'm sorry

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee