Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: Oh no!! I'm sorry!! Strep seems to be going around here too. My best friend's daughter has it for the THIRD time this summer! Hope everyone feels better soon!

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: so sorry you just can't catch a break. My friend's whole family has HFM... Ugh not looking fwd to fall/winter and illnesses all over again (not that it really stopped during summer....)

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Ugh - I hope that everyone is feeling better soon. Interesting to hear your OB's thoughts. It sounds like it was a good discussion and hopefully the meds are helpful! Anxiety is horrible

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: It must have been so hard to make that decision but it sounds like that was the best choice for all of you. Our pup is old and low maintenance and sometimes I still struggle to manage her and the kids. I can't imagine having a puppy right now!

5. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: So glad that she listened with open ears and that you got some good advice and a possible solution! My mom had menopause at 40 and I'm 37....so it's coming.

6. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: we got our puppy when i was pregnant with DD1 and DH was working a ton. i was seriously overwhelmed the first month, and that was without any kids! DH asked if i thought it was a mistake and wanted to give her back, but we stuck it out. totally understand your decision with 2 kiddos at home and how it was affecting both their activities and your moods. maybe when they are older! our dog is now 6, and i swear she goes through depression for the first year after we have a kid and she has to adjust to (yet again) less attention. but then it gets better once we all get settled in, the baby can move around more, fewer naps (more dog walks!), etc.

@mamag: glad you're getting some help!

what else is new with everyone?! i was looking forward to school(s) starting back up, but our sept and oct are SO busy with a couple running races, some travel, all of the school open houses/parent nights, kid activities (and they are each only in one!), etc. it's a little ridiculous. but soon my days will at least be slower & more productive while they are at school?

7. Adira

New with us: Logan is FINALLY moving up to the next classroom! They visit the potty every ~30 minutes, so I'm HOPEFUL that that will get Logan actually interested in potty training! We've also been watching American Ninja Warrior with the kids, so we signed them both up for gymnastics, which starts in a couple weeks.

And my kids are already ready for Halloween:

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@KayKay: I hear you on being sooo busy! I'm actually looking forward to winter just so there are less activities! School started last week for my step-daughter and we're so busy with volleyball practices/games.
    @Adira: Aww, adorable costumes!

Not much new with E. Still asking for his birthday, still coming to sleep in our bed each night around midnight, Fully potty trained (whoop!), he gets himself ready in the morning now which helps - although I have been late for work b/c he has to poop RIGHT when it's time to leave, lol. Not much for 'terrible twos' but he's super sensitive lately and will cry over little things - like big sis getting on the bus, or dad not being there when he wakes up.

9. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@Adira: they're so cute! I bought K an Elsa consume for Halloween but now I'm paranoid she won't fit into it by the time it's here. Hopefully she doesn't grow too much!

We did sign up K to play tball this fall! I have a feeling it's going to be complete chaos but so cute to watch. Her first practice is Tuesday so know we just need to find a glove small enough to fit.

10. winniebee

Hey everyone! I'm coming off a stretch of all 3 kids all day every day and only one weekend day off for my husband....soooo ready for school to start Wednesday. Ryan stopped napping at home since quitting the paci so he had been soooo temperamental and the days are just so long! Kids also all have colds so that has been fun :(. Tyler is excited to start K but definitely a little nervous too. Ryan is fully potty trained - been in underwear 2 weeks and the first week had a few accidents but none since then. I don't think he needs a diaper overnight but I'll wait a little while to pull it.

I'm supposed to go back to work 9/20 but we haven't been able to find a suitable nanny yet (been looking 3 weeks) so I'm starting to panic a little. I have a little flexibility. But my October is really busy with prep for a trial in January so I'll be screwed if I can't find someone to start at the end of the month.

We didn't sign the boys up for fall activities. We knew with me going back to work, new school for Tyler, new nanny, it would be too much. We are headed to our lakehouse a few times, my husband has to travel for work, Patriots game....then it's October!

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: Adorable! And I can't believe how close they are in size!

M's been changing her mind on which princess (eye roll) she wants to be each day. I'll have to get her to commit eventually! Not sure about J yet.

@Miss Ariel: Good luck with Tball tomorrow

@winniebee: Yay for potty training! Boo for no naps
    Ugh - the nanny situation sounds stressful. It's so hard to find someone that you feel good about, especially with such a little baby. Good luck with the search! (and enjoy the Pats game - we went to the preseason game last week )

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KayKay: Puppies r no joke! I knew It but my goodness!!!!!

@Adira: Omg adorable! G is Halloween obsessed too!!

@Miss Ariel: Cute, I'm signing G up for soccer, it is at her favorite park so I can see her just wanting to play instead of kicking a ball

@winniebee: Hope you find a Nanny! Your boys are beautiful!

@josina: I need to work on G getting her self dressed! She can , but I do it sooo much faster lol

13. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@josina: @faithfertility: ugh - E loves dressing herself! she is actually decent at it if i watch and do a bit of direction (and she always picks out her clothes). yesterday she came downstairs after getting "dressed"....her shirt and underwear were on backwards, and her shoes were both on the wrong feet. but...she wasn't in pajamas, so...win?

@winniebee: man i hate nanny searches. good luck! we caught a break and are able to nanny-share with a family we know from the girls' preschool -- they are having a 3rd kid in a month so don't need her full-time until after the holidays and don't mind sharing between both of our youngest a couple days after that.

i'm starting yoga teacher training in 2 weeks. it's a prolonged program (every tuesday during school hours), but works with where i'm at with life/kids for now. but excited to try something new (and get some kid-free, adult interaction for a couple hours a week!)

E is doing gymnastics, mostly because K is and she would have to be there watching anyways. So she might as well go to the preschool class that is at the same time so she is their problem not mine for that hour haha

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: forgot to add we still have G in pull ups over night So bad, as she definitely is ready I just don't want to pull that plug!!!!!

15. Adira

Gahhh, I'm so annoyed with my daycare! They decided to hold Logan back from moving up to the older toddler room!!!! Apparently he is "bad with transitions" and so they want to wait until there's room for him AND a friend. Blah!

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: Happy first day of school! Hope you're able to get a little more 'free' time, and that you can find a nanny in time.
    @FaithFertility: E definitely takes a while to get dressed, but since he's getting ready while I am, it works out. We are still in pull ups overnight also.
    How are you doing with Irma coming? Are you guys staying put this time or headed north? Hoping for the best! DH has a lot of family in Sebastian, north of you guys.
    @KayKay: It is funny with what they come up with when they get dressed on their own! E has tried wearing 2 different shoes before.
    @Adira: Bummer. How long do you think he'll have to wait then? He did struggle with the move last time didn't he?

17. Adira

@josina: I was under the impression he only struggled with drop-off when he transitioned last time. So we would drop him off in the infant room and they would just walk him over after we left and he was fine. He has since made a best friend, so I'm wondering if he's struggling without him? But I have no idea how much younger than him his friend is. I'm worried about how he'll be in track to move to Pre-K when he's supposed to if he's 3 and STILL in the YOUNG TODDLER room. Xander was in Preschool at the same age, and there are still two rooms between Logan's current room and Preschool. They claim they'll move him over by November, but who knows how accurate that is.

18. Adira

A bunch of you have transitioned your kids out of cribs, right? Logan has consistently been climbing out of his crib every morning for the past two weeks now, so I'm guessing it's time to transition him. Any tips?? I didn't have this issue with Xander and we didn't switch him out of a crib until he was 3.5!!!

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Aww, it sounds like on one hand they're doing what they think is best for him, but on the other hand they're not doing what you want them to do, and ultimately you should have the final say. I hope it goes well for him/you either way.

We had to transition from the crib at 18 months already and we had to spend a lot of time laying next to the crib so he'd stay put/go to sleep. Now he goes to sleep fine on his own, but still ends up in our bed by midnight - a battle I'm not ready to have so we'll just hope he starts staying in bed on his own at some point, before he's 10, ha ha.

20. snowjewelz

Wow, it's nuts that I haven't been on HB for "so long" 😂 Wnd of summer/Labor Day weekend was just so busy!! K got some bug yesterday but thankfully made it to preschool today! Can't believe I have a preschooler! They don't nap them anymore (preschool is 9-2 then they go to aftercaee; kids can nap but there isn't a set time which is odd). However we often have no nap weekends and she does fine so maybe this means an earlier bed time which is good! On nap days she doesn't fall asleep till.close to 9.

Still no potty but I think her teacher will push her to try a little more. I really need to step up too... Jusf been so lazy/forgetful!

I got her a princes poppy dress up hoodie and also Elsa so I will see what she actually wants!

21. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Adira: They look so cute!

We're trying to think of cute costumes for M & his cousin (he's 7 months younger than M) since we're visiting family and the kids will actually be together.

22. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@KayKay: Teaching yoga sounds like a great way to have a "break" and do something for yourself. Good luck!

@Adira: That's so frustrating that they're holding Logan back for a bit. Too bad they can't just help him through the transition in a different way And J is still in the crib - mostly because he sleeps really well and he's such a boundary tester that I worry he'd be running around the house all night (when we already have a 3 month old) and stop napping. I'm shocked that he hasn't started climbing out yet but I can see how that would kind of force the decision!

@snowjewelz: How was K's first day of preschool?

23. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@adira: ugh - i'd be really frustrated with daycare too. our original one tried to do that too (move everyone up with a friend, to the same classroom), but they also realized that sometimes it just didn't work out because of ages or numbers. bummer that yours is being so inflexible, especially since it sounds like he really "should" be up there already! i'd probably try to voice your longer-term concerns; it's possible they haven't considered that (i feel like daycares/preschools, even ones that are good, aren't always fantastic administratively/planning-wise!).

when we first moved E, we mostly did it because we needed the crib for R. it went great for a couple months, until we potty-trained, and then we started with the crazy antics at bedtime/middle of the night. now it's mostly settled back in, but DH lays with her for 5-10min when he puts her to bed most nights, and we still have random nights when she comes into our room 1-3(!) times.

@mrsf: i can't believe C is 3m old already!! but i suppose R is 9m sooo... how's he doing? how are the big kids doing now that it's not so new anymore?

@snowjewelz: i'm sure she'll do fine with no nap, and yes, maybe go to bed earlier to get you a bit more downtime in the evening! (or one-kid time if K2 is still awake...ha)

24. snowjewelz

@Adira: I am sorry about daycare! I'd be really frustrated; as being bad with transition is one thing but if he has no other issues I really feel like he needs to be moved up to be with peers close to his age and development. Kara moved out of the baby room late and I almost had to talk to the director b/c I felt like she was getting so bored in there. But since then she had always moved up on time if not early.

@MrsF: @KayKay: It went well! She was bouncing off the wall but at least not cranky! I kept telling her to tell her teacher if she wants to lay down/nap but I doubt she ever will!

@josina: Awesome for being fully potty trained!

25. Adira

@MrsF: Yeah, I'm really nervous about going away from the crib because Logan's a boundary pusher too! But he can climb out anyway, so at least this way he'll be able to go back to bed?? We finally put a thing on his door nob so he at least can't get out of his room anymore! We'll have to take it off when he potty trains though.

@KayKay: What's weird to me is that his very best friend isn't even in the same room as him now anyway. He's in the youngest toddler room (there are three toddler rooms - Logan's in the middle room now). So I hope they aren't waiting on him to be ready!!

@snowjewelz: Yeah, I agree! All the kids in the older toddler room have October - December birthdays, and Logan's a late November birthday, so he'd be right in the middle of that group! Now I think he's probably the oldest in his current class.

26. winniebee

@Adira: we did and it was a tough month of transition (he wouldn't stay in bed at bed time). But we also moved him to a room with Tyler at the same time. He loves his bed now!

27. Adira

Thanks ladies for all your experiences! We switched Logan's bed to a toddler bed last night. He was pretty excited to have his bed be just like Xander's. We only had to go in once after bedtime to tell him to go to bed (and actually, he was still IN bed even though he could get out easily now). Slept fine through the night! Hoping the rest of the week goes well and then the real test will be nap time on the weekend.

28. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yay, that's great!

Preschool adjustment still going on here. She was SUPER cranky one night from lack of naps... But otherwise, I can tell she's tired but not too cranky and she's usually out by 8pm which is a huge bonus (for DH anyway, since I put baby to bed). I feel like she can even go to bed at 7:30 but I don't want her waking up too early now!

School has them spelling their names/recognize it and even tracing the letters... Crazy!

29. winniebee

@Adira: that's great!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: That's awesome!

@Adira: Sorry missed the bed ? Glad is it going well!

We have been skipping naps more and more she will sleep with me on the weekends for a bit ....and she is just fine goes to bed by 8 not a peep and sleeps until 6:45-7:30
    I see naps lasting about another month or two, she did great having "quiet" time yesterday I was exhausted AJ was napping so she sat in her bed with books and I layed next to her and closed my eyes for a few 😉

31. Adira

@snowjewelz: Wait, they don't nap at Preschool??

32. snowjewelz

@Adira: nope....... they can if they need to, but there is no group set nap time.

33. Adira

@snowjewelz: How long are they there for?

34. snowjewelz

@Adira: 9-2, then they go to aftercare so it's two different things.

35. Adira

@snowjewelz: That seems kind of crazy. Most 2.5-3 year olds still need naps!

36. snowjewelz

@Adira: I know. I asked about this so many times... Still not sure why they don't (except that it's not illegal) but I didn't feel like changing schools over this. That's why I was tempted to keep her in the last class a little longer!

37. Adira

@snowjewelz: Could you ask if the aftercare could put her down for like an hour nap or something?

38. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@adira: good news on the bed switch! hope it's still going smoothly.

@snowjewelz: i agree that it's weird they don't nap, but whatever definitely not worth switching over it if K1 is handling it well and even going to bed for the night earlier.

@faithfertility: yeah, E can skip naps if/when we need her to. when we are on vacation, there is almost no hope for her napping (since K doesn't), and she does mostly fine with it. but she still naps for a solid 1.5h at school most days. and when she does nap at home, she is OUT. so she definitely still needs it but it's nice she can be flexible to skip it when it suits us

39. snowjewelz

@KayKay: yes I'm totally loving the flexibility too. I know she ideally needs some nap even if it's 15 min. But at home it's so hard to get her down so we don't bother!

@Adira: yeah it's tough bc no one will force her to nap and she obv won't ask to nap or want to or no one is doing it either. Her teacher told me she does ask her every day if she wants to lay down for a while and Kara is like no thanks! Lol

40. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Glad preschool / no nap is going well for her.

Nap and bed time is such a struggle we should probably try and skip naps and see how it goes. At night he's in bed for almost an hour before he finally falls asleep! And thats close to 10! And then he's up at 6 every morning. We have a very low sleep needs child. He naps from 12-2 at daycare. Usually 2-4 at home.

@FaithFertility: Yay for getting a nap in, even if G was awake yet.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee