Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: A weekend Daddy is off lol is what I look at!

We are team Frozen this year

Yay, for poopoing on potty

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: yeah, I would do the weekend before!

3. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: i think either one right around it would probably be fine, though, if schedules or attendance is a factor! we did a joint party for E last year with a group of other moms/kids' whose bdays spread from October through November. the party was on 11/6, and E's birthday isn't til 11/22, so it was a little weird. But whatever We then just had cake at home for her on her birthday too, and didn't give her her presents until then

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Heh, now I'm back to probably doing a joint party for both; it's just too time/energy/money consuming!

What's everyone up to! We've gotten into a pretty good routine, K is no longer tired/cranky after preschool and sleeps by 8pm so it's amazing! Her favorite activity now is pretending to be her teacher and boss us "kids" around!

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Not much going on with us. I'm JUST starting to think about Logan's birthday. Probably going to have the party on December 3rd, and I think I'm just going to order pizza (especially now that Xander can eat baked cheese) for it. Just a family party probably. I need to go through all their current toys and get rid of stuff before their birthdays and Christmas though. We have too much crap!

6. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

Not a lot going on here. DD still has minimal interest in potty training. So just trying to ride that out.

Party planning has started for us, we're having it on December 9th, just family and a few close friends with kids the same age. I ordered the invitations yesterday. Can't believe how quickly it is approaching.

@Adira: yes to cleaning out toys before her birthday and Christmas. I feel like we are bursting with things now, can't imagine how it will feel after. The problem is DD notices the second something is gone, should be fun.

7. Adira

@catgirl: haha, seriously. Last year I was able to get rid of a bunch of things they don't play with and they never noticed, but I feel like this year maybe I have to involve them in the decisions... not looking forward to that!

8. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@Adira: I got rid of one broken toy last week, I told her we were getting rid of it, but she still freaked out. So now every morning she goes out to the living room and takes inventory of everything. So it will be a very painful, but necessary, thing to clean out toys. I'm thinking of maybe doing it after her birthday but before Christmas - she'll be somewhat distracted by new things

9. Adira

@catgirl: haha, that's a good idea to do it between the birthday and Christmas!

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

No date set for E's party since we won't do anything big, just family and have to work around Thanksgiving. (Last year we just hosted Thanksgiving dinner and did E's bday after that).
    I am planning on a dinosaur theme though.

E has been a bit of trouble lately just b/c he loves his sister SOOO much, lol. He's constantly trying to hold her, pick her up now, squeeze on her, poor girl.

We moved bedtime up to 8:30 (from 9) because E takes soooo long to fall asleep at night! Almost an hour most nights. If we're in bed before he's sleeping, then he comes to our bed and it's a fight to get him back in his own.

11. snowjewelz

@Adira: I know! I'm in the midst of designing a living room make-over so I can free up some space with two kids now

@catgirl: Yeah, still not much going on in the potty area too. Some days we get a pee/poop at school but far from consistent.

@josina: Dinosuar theme sounds so cute!!

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Do you have a theme in mind for the girls yet?

13. snowjewelz

@josina: Well, K wants Frozen so fine... Baby sister will just have a semi coordinated theme I guess...

14. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@snowjewelz: you could do frozen for DD1 and winter one-derland for DD2. Lots of snow flakes would coordinate nicely with a frozen theme.

15. snowjewelz

@catgirl: I did winter wonderland w/ DD1.... Maybe I still have decorations leftover!!

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: That's great that K1 is doing so well with preschool and the new routine - and a relatively easy bedtime makes everything so much better.

@Adira: @catgirl: I just purged a ton of stuff last week with the two big kids' birthdays and Christmas coming up. I decided we had to involve them in the purge because M at least would definitely notice. I chose some things that were non-negotiables and let them make some choices. Not the most fun thing ever but so nice to be rid of some things.

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@josina: That's so hard. I definitely spend a lot of time trying to keep baby C safe around J. He's very loving but kind of overly enthusiastic!

18. snowjewelz

@MrsF: @josina: I have the opposite problem! K2 grabs and pulls K1 and pretty much latches onto her or uses her to pull up

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Any three- nagers????
    G is a sass a frass these days!
    Always has a snark remark
    "But I want to" or I say something like no you can't eat more goldfish it will make you sick and she says but I want to get sick!

Any advice on how to nip this or things to tell her to say besides being a sassy girl

20. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@faithfertility: E's favorite is "but moooom, you NEVER let me xyz" in a total teenager exasperated voice. i usually just say, playfully, "you're right! and we're not starting now!" and then change the subject or ask her another question. and yes, i say that for things where she is being totally ridiculous too (like we "never" let her eat mango for a snack or something that we probably did just the day before. ha).

@adira: @mrsf: i tend to do the purge while they are at school. but then i have to deal with questions later about where something went! usually it's months after it's been gone but yeah, when i do stuff that they would definitely notice immediately, then i just line something up and say they have to pick 3 to keep (stuffed animals or whatever).

not sure what we're doing for E's birthday. it's 11/22, so we will probably have family here for thanksgiving on the actual day. she keeps talking about having a party at the gymnastics place (like K did in april when she turned 5), but i'm thinking more like family friends coming over for pizza

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsF: It is hard, how do you 'scold' your big kid for loving too much?
    @snowjewelz: lol, I think we'll probably be getting there soon! It will be nice when Em can fight back (I am soooo going to regret saying that though!)
    @FaithFertility: Oh man, E too. It's always 'its not fair', 'i don't like that' - usually if he wants something, and we say no, then he doesn't like it, apparently his attempt at reverse psychology, lol. I usually try distraction, I've told him to say 'no thank you' instead of 'I don't like it'. Its still a struggle.

22. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I just try, keyword try to not get riled up about it and causally move on, lol. K is suuuuper bossy. Honestly, now with two, sometimes I think I let her get away with too much!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Yep yep and now I am chasing AJ who is ALL over lol
    She is super sassy to her sitter too but that is like a mom #2 ya know!

24. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

We have 3rd birthdays coming up!!!

On that note, I want to send a little something to Sandy in remembrance of Ava...I’ll send an email I think I have everyone.

25. Adira

@winniebee: Yes, thank you for doing that! I think her birthday's next week.

We're having Logan's party early - November 19th. My parents weren't available the first weekend in December and I didn't want to do it after Thanksgiving, so November 19th it is!

Also, we're thinking about tackling potty training this weekend!! Anyone already do it? Anyone else doing it this weekend (3 day weekend with Veteran's Day)??

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@winniebee: I'm so behind on birthday planning!
    We will celebrate with my family on Thanksgiving since we're hosting, and DH's family on the 26th (E's birthday). Dinosaur theme.

@Adira: Good luck with potty training! E was super easy but we basically let him hang out outside naked a couple times to figure it out. Peeing outside made it fun.

27. snowjewelz

@Adira: I feel like I am never going to initiate! I might start trying to just leave her in undies whenever we're home and let her pee on herself....

28. Adira

@snowjewelz: hahaha

29. snowjewelz

I'm having a joint party for both girls on 12/16, right in between their birthdays. I am def behind; gotta finalize cakes, send out evites & figure out what to do for food.

30. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@Adira: we ended up potty training this past week - it was very unexpected! DD had zero interest in using the potty a few weeks ago, in fact she would generally cry when we would encourage her to try. But a couple of weeks ago out the the blue she wanted to start using it before her bath. Then last week she started asking to go during the day. After a couple of days of dry diapers (other than nap/night) we switched to underwear. So far so good, all pee in the potty and no accidents. She won't poop in the potty yet, she asks for a diaper. But we are just going with it for now.

As far as her birthday party we are having it December 9th; invitations have gone out, I've started decorations but have a lot more to go, just working on the menu now. Mostly family and just a couple of our friends who have LOs the same age.

31. Adira

@catgirl: That's basically how Xander was! He just asked out of the blue not to have to wear his diaper, so we potty trained him and it was sooooooo easy!! I've been waiting for Logan to initiate it, but Hubs is sick of changing diapers and wants to train him.

32. snowjewelz

@catgirl: This is what I'm waiting/hoping for!!

33. Adira

We're making some slow potty training progress! On Monday, Logan held his pee almost all day until he couldn't and had an accident at the end of the day at daycare. But then yesterday he went twice on the potty there! He had a couple accidents at home, but we're definitely making progress!!

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Awesome progress! Maybe he'll be fully trained by his birthday (or birthday party)? How's planning going? E's is next week and I've done almost nothing besides pin some ideas and the invitation/sign designed.

35. Adira

@josina: Probably not fully by his party, which is this weekend, but hopefully enough that we don't have any accidents! And almost no one is coming, so it'll be a pretty low-key party!!

36. Adira

So we made some progress with potty training over the weekend. After refusing to using the potty in the morning and having an accident, I broke out the bribes! I offered him a couple skippers (basically m&ms, but peanut/tree nut-free) every time he peed or pooped on the potty. And we had ZERO accidents after that for the rest of the weekend!

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Awesome! How was his party?

38. Adira

@josina: Fun! But very low- key. None of the in-laws were able to make it, so it was just us, my parents, and my brother. Which the kids loved because they like smaller gatherings. Logan boycotted breakfast and lunch and waited all morning until he could get into his cake, haha. Which he LOVED. And Xander was obsessed with all of Logan's new toys and games, haha.

And crazily enough Logan didn't go potty ALL MORNING. I thought for sure he was holding it because people were over, but he didn't even pee in his nap diaper and then peed on the potty after he woke up!

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: That's great that Logan's doing so well with potty training and that he had a great party! Sometimes the low-key gatherings are the best

40. Adira

@MrsF: Definitely! We had fun! And I know my parents liked being able to get all the kids' undivided attention.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee