Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: Awesome new on PT! Glad he had a great party

2. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I just gave away the remaining diapers we had for K. She really did well with PT. She had her birthday this weekend and she loved singing happy birthday. I'm feeling a bit sentimental as she keeps passing milestones.

Oddly enough though, I'm still rocking her and signing to her at night and she's still in a toddler bed. We gave those things up much earlier with C because I was pregnant. I don't know when we will stop for K.

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MamaG: Woohoo for no more diapers!! Logan still wears one at nap and bedtime. My almost 5 year old is still in a toddler bed, so I don't imagine getting rid of Logan's for a while.

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MamaG: @Adira: So glad PT is going so well!

I've been dealing with a lot of threenager moments lately! I don't know if it's a combo of DST making her cranky, then adding on being sick for like 2 weeks now. I think we are now the last ones who are not PT

5. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Happy Birthday to K I can see why you're feeling sentimental! I already sort of feel that way with my last baby and he's still a baby... I think I'll be rocking him for a long time.

@snowjewelz: It doesn't really feel like threenager stuff, but J has been having a LOT of meltdowns lately too. And I know it's easier said than done, but I hope you're not too stressed about the potty training (particularly in comparison to other kids). It seems like one of those things that if they're not ready you're just setting yourself up for a nightmare. Good for you for waiting until K is ready! FWIW, the HB community seems to PT a little earlier than the rest of the world, in my experience.

6. snowjewelz

@MrsF: Aww thank you for the kind words and encouragement!

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MrsScallop: I've been thinking of you and Charlie! How are you doing?

8. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: M's still not potty trained either. He doesn't seem too into letting us know when he has to pee, so haven't pushed him yet.

9. snowjewelz

I can't believe we already have some 3 years old! Time flies!

We had our first parent teacher conference for K... It's crazy! She is doing ridiculously well in preschool; we were laughing about how she is excelling at everything BUT potty training! I think it was reassuring that her teacher is not worried about it at all and supports our decision to let her be ready.

10. Adira

Logan is 3 today!!!

11. snowjewelz

@Adira: Happy birthday! Ah, what a big boy! What are your plans today?

12. Adira

@snowjewelz: Nothing big - we already had his party and I have to work today, so he's at daycare. Though I think they'll have a little party for him at school. I'm going to try to scoot out early today so I can pick up cupcakes though and then we'll get Wendy's (his favorite ) for dinner.

13. Adira

Oh! I forgot to tell you guys. I talked to Daycare about Logan transitioning rooms. They were thinking of moving him to the Early Pre-School room (and skip Toddler 3 altogether), but he doesn't transition well, so they weren't sure how it would go, so I suggested he transition to Toddler 3 instead with his best friend instead. Then they'll both transition to Early Pre-School together in the summer, and start Pre-School in September and be on track to enter Pre-K in September 2019. I feel better that there's a plan in place and that he'll stay with his best friend for the next two years.

14. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

What's on the holiday gift list for the kids? I'm really struggling with what to get K. We have so many of C's things still, so we don't need things like a kitchen (or anything to go with it), blocks, puzzles, etc.

I was looking at bristle blocks because they are different than other building materials we have already. I was also looking at haba games or Peacable Kingdom games. K wants to play games, but the games we have for C are too advanced.

Any great ideas for the 3 year old crowd?

15. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: yeah! A plan, plans always make me feel better!

We had our 3 year well visit today. She's right on track in size with big sister, it's so interesting to me. Same height exactly and a few pounds lighter. We are going through a stuttering phase, I think her mind is working faster than she can move her mouth. She's also talking in a high pitched baby voice and it's making me insane.

16. Adira

@MamaG: Stuttering here too! His brain is definitely working too fast! High pitch voice sounds super annoying... we don't have that at least!

17. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@MamaG: @Adira: us as well with the stuttering, especially when she's excited

18. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Great about getting to stay with his friend for awhile!
    @MamaG: We are done with E for christmas, they get sooo much with birthday and Christmas so close, so we went smaller this year.
    E's getting a bulldozer (he asked santa for), scooter, monster trucks, Woody doll, and washable markers from us.
    He got the game Don't Break the Ice for his bday, and loves it.

No stuttering, but he repeats everything 5 times +.

19. Adira

Christmas Gifts for Logan:

PJ Masks Headquarters, cars, and figures (all from Santa and to share with Xander)
    PJ Masks shirts
    PJ Masks books (do you notice a theme?)
    Paw Patrol Paw Patroller
    Green Toys Submarine Bath Toy
    Chutes & Ladders (shared gift with Xander)
    Hot Wheels Track Set (shared gift with Xander)

Other ideas from his list:

Fisher-Price Imaginext Playsets, extras, and figures
    Puzzles
    Elmo Hand Puppet (we have an Elmo book that's part hand puppet and Logan LOVES it)
    Paw Patrol Sea Patroller
    Hot Wheels sets
    Matchbox cars
    More Wood Train Tracks and Thomas Trains
    LEGO Duplo blocks
    Fisher-Price Little People sets
    PJ Masks or Paw Patrol activity or sticker books
    Hoot Owl Hoot game
    Let's Go Fishing game
    Trouble game
    Hungry Hungry Hippos game
    Frozen blu-ray
    Brave blu-ray
    Up blu-ray
    Tons of books

20. Adira

@MamaG: Meant to tag you for the post above! Hopefully some of my ideas are helpful!

21. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: we have the paw patroller but i was considering the sea patroller. Hoot hoot owl is on my list as well.

22. snowjewelz

I haven't really gotten new toys for a while, so some stuff has been overdue -

Kidzoom camera
    (she plays with our real expensive camera so this is long overdue)
    Cash register
    (she loves this toy probably since 2, but now that she can count, read #'s and has concept of $, I figure it's a good buy still)
    Magnatiles
    (she plays with these at school/church nonstop so it's time)
    Pet kitty in carrier + doc mustuffin coat
    (she's been asking for the pet; I didn't want to get those moving electronic ones)
    I got this magnetic fishing game from M&D, it's really cute! I got it b/c DH loves fishing
    Oh and I just pulled the trigger and ordered a mini trampoline for the winter ahead!

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MamaG: M just got a whole of toys for birthday on Sunday, so we're hoping everyone will listen & not get him many toys for Christmas. We're planning on getting him some Hot Wheels, a remote control car, and a small pack of Magnatiles to add to the ones he already has. Other than that, we're going to Flagstaff and doing the North Pole Experience in a couple of weeks.

@Adira: Glad Logan gets to stay with his friend!

M had his 3 yr appt on Tues and is 33 lbs & 36.5 in tall.

24. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@mamag: we're getting E a handful of games for christmas like pallina (remove the sticks without letting the marbles fall...basically kerplunk! haha) and a kid-version of jenga where you roll a dice and it tells you what color block to remove. also where's waldo books (she loves the Usborne hunt-and-find one someone gave her last year), a coin purse, a new leotard for gymnastics, and one of the those melissa-and-doug puzzles that the pieces have a magnet and you use a "fishing pole" to remove & place them. so kinda smaller random things because we, too, have so many big things! also, she LOVED the little terrarium that she got for her birthday (she calls it her "grower") -- it's the Creativity for Kids Glow in Grow one from target if anyone is interested!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Big boy cant believe we are 3!!!!!!

@snowjewelz: Smart cookie!!!!! We got G that camera too, for our cruise in March!!!

G ia getting a frozen bike/helmet
    New bed set
    Little people princess castle
    Real me bool set
    Kidzoom camera
    PJs slippers
    Few other things

Ohhh Frozen Kareoke machine for her bday

26. snowjewelz

Happy New Year moms! I know we're not super active on here nowadays (I mean, what is there to talk about besides potty training and/or threenage-ness, haha).

What are some things happening in 2018 that you're excited about?

We have our first family road trip with DD2 in May to my sister's graduation; and she her wedding might be by the end of the year so that's exciting!

Other than that, I'm just hoping K1 will potty train at some point. I kept her in undies a lot at home this weekend, but found out that she's totally content with soaking herself

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: Happy New Year! I can't believe K2 is one!!!! Kids grow so fast!

We have BIL's Big fat gay greek wedding in Feb DH, AJ and G are all in it, so that will be busy and fun
    Then we have our Disney Cruise in March, so excited!
    My best friend is getting married in June so I'm going to DC solo 😊 for that!!!

G is battling allergies due cold/ wind and is a bear, currently sleeping on me, so I'll take the cuddles

28. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: An exciting year! And I can't wait to see all the pictures from the cruise!

Ugh I know, this sick season is no joke! We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow/Thurs, and then Sat is gonna be a whopping 11 degree high!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: so cold, we are on track to be low 30° a few mornings FREEZING and of course zero chance of rain those days for any anow flurries

30. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: So crazy! I am so not prepared b/c we've had such mild winters. Poor K was wearing short 2T fleece pants for so long lol!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: it is no joke up there!!!!

32. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: How far is your road trip in May? And wedding-fun! I wish my siblings would get married already, lol. (no prospects for any of them).

@FaithFertility: Ditto to seeing all of the pictures! So fun!

Nothing exciting planned for the year, but I'm looking forward to have older LO's this summer so we can do more, zoo, pool, etc.
    DH and I are getting our marriage blessed in the catholic church next month - should really plan something, although it will be way low key.
    Can't believe DD will be 1 in 2 months!

33. snowjewelz

@josina: Haha! Too bad I only have one sister. I'm a little more excited that my girls can be flower girls (is that bad, lol). She is graduating from law school in Boston so it's about a 3 hour drive. I figured that's doable, plus my parents are coming with us too!

And I am with you on both kids being "older" so we can get out and do fun things! I did do a lot this past summer, but DD2 spent all of it on me (I wore her) and either nursing/sleeping. I'm excited that this year she will enjoy with us more!

34. Adira

Happy New Year everyone!!!

We don't have anything too big planned for this year, which is kind of a bummer. Last year we had the cruise, which was awesome and I was hoping we'd do it again, but my friends aren't doing that again. Oh well.

We DO have a trip planned to Storyland (basically an amusement park geared towards toddlers and little kids) with one group of friends. And this fall my cousin is getting married and my boys will be ring bearers! And Xander starts kindergarten!!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@josina: Yea ,summer will be fun this year!
    Can't believe E is one so fast, but it flies!!

@Adira: AJ will be a ring bearer this year too, little boys in tuxes

36. Adira

@FaithFertility: Awww, so cute!!!

37. snowjewelz

@Adira: Kindergarten whaat?!

38. Adira

@snowjewelz: I don't want to think about it, haha. I'm so not ready!!

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Happy New Years! I'm missing the chatter around here so I'm glad to see some activity I can't think of too many specific things coming up this year, but as C gets older I'm looking forward to him becoming more interactive as the months go on. Every little glimpse that we see of the 3 kids laughing together or looking like a little sibling group is just so much fun. My BIL is getting married in Charleston in March so that will be a fun solo few days for DH and I. It'll be nice to have a summer without a newborn this year - It's only January and I'm already looking forward to warmer weather (as we prep for a blizzard tonight / tomorrow).

@Adira: M starts kindergarten in the fall too - crazy J will start preschool 2 days / week then as well so I'll have 2 days with just Charlie at home.

40. snowjewelz

@MrsF: ugh me too. I'm so over winter!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee