Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms (and their kids)

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@josina: 2-4 nap mine will never sleep! i feel like a 20 min car nap done by 2:30 works out the best!

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: Actually we did the 20 minute car nap Sunday and that did work pretty well!

3. snowjewelz

@josina: i know! its just enough to refuel them till bedtime but not affect bedtime!

4. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: Glad that the bed transition has gone well! I'm still keeping J in the crib for the moment (much to my DH's distress). C's bedroom is right next to J and I just can't have any more kids up in the middle of the night right now! J's also started skipping a lot of naps lately and... I just can't handle it.

@snowjewelz: That's great that K is doing well even without her nap. Such big kids we have!

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsF: Don't feel bad - we kept Xander in a crib until 3.5!!! We only swapped him out because we were sick of having to go get him so he could use the potty!!! Currently we have a door knob cover on Logan's door so he can't escape his room. And Xander (the good child) will ask for permission before he goes into Logan's room in the morning.

6. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Adira: I think that part of the reason that I'm worried is that we have a "good child" too - and it's not Jack! Molly is such a rule follower and never got out of her bed at first, but Jack is an explorer! Awesome of course but keeps me on my toes...

7. Adira

@MrsF: haha, same here! Even after we had converted Xander's crib, he'd still ask permission to get out of it! For MONTHS! We kept having to remind him that he didn't have to ask, haha. And then there's Logan, who's constantly testing boundaries!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsF: bahahah your two remind me of G and AJ! AJ is something else

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Sweet boy!

10. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

My big kid at 6, still will not come out of her room without permission. Annoying sometimes but mostly convenient!

And K hasn't tried yet to get out of her bed or room and she's been in the converted crib for a few months now. Naps are still consistently 1.5-2 hours for her and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MamaG: G never gets out either she yells
    MOMMY DADDY THE SUNS OUT

12. Adira

@MamaG: Nice! This weekend will be the big test if Logan will sleep in his converted toddler bed for a nap. He's been doing great at nighttime so far!

@FaithFertility: LOL!!

13. snowjewelz

Haha when Kara wakes up from nap at home she has no problem barging out herself

@FaithFertility: Haha that reminds me of Frozen; the sun's up, so I'm up!

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: omg lol probably where she got it she is Frozen Obsessed

She told me one morning with her arm over her eyes mom its coronation day when I went to get her out of bed lol

15. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Hahahaha def Frozen obsessed!!

16. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: Glad preschool is going well!

R is done w/ naps at home (ever since quitting the pacifier). He still naps at school during the week, though. He really does need it and doesn't sleep any longer at night w/o!

Ty was a rule follower and still got out of bed at night w/o permission...R.....not a rule follower. Maybe there will be hope for G!

17. Adira

Logan and his best friend call each other "Logey-pogey" and "Carter-bear."

18. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: aww, that's too cute!

19. snowjewelz

@Adira: Aww, so adorable!

20. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Hi ladies - when do we move to the next size car seat? Em will be moving to a convertible in a couple months, so instead of buying 2 more convertibles for her I want to buy the (cheaper) next size up for Ethan. I think that would be a harness booster, correct? Looking at a 3-in-1 that would take him from harness booster, to high-back, to backless.
    Has anyone moved up yet?

My BIL moved their 3 year old to a backless booster already (yikes) I asked her the requirements and she said he (almost) meets the minimum height/weight.

21. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@josina: assuming your older LO is forward facing, that sounds like a great plan. You would look for a combination seat (also referred to as a harnessed booster). A combination seat in harness mode is the same as a convertible seat used forward facing, as far as safety is concerned. I am a big fan of car seats for the littles. This is their recommended list:

https://csftl.org/recommended-seats/#combination

22. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: we moved up already. Our convertibles were so gross from so much use from C and so much vomit from K. We already had the Britax Frontier seats from C just sitting in storage.

23. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@josina: E sits in a combo seat when we travel (it's cheaper and lighter than our everyday carseats). Both she and K are actually still in Diono Radians for everyday, but mostly because neither complains about the 5-point and the seats are in great shape! R is in a Chicco Nextfit.

24. Adira

No advice on car seats! Both my kids are still rear-facing in convertible car seats and they'll be in those same seats for years I assume. We're nowhere near the height/weight limits.

25. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

@josina: we haven't done the switch yet, but my plan is to buy a grace nautalis for K and move J to her convertibles. I think @FaithFertility made the switch already.

26. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@josina: I just noticed your comment about a backless booster. We moved C from a 5 point harness to a backless booster (never did the highback booster with her) when she was almost 5. And she's off the charts for both height and weight. We still used a guide/tether for her seatbelt so that it would sit right on her chest/shoulder. Now at 6 she is tall enough to not need the guide (but she's over 4 foot). I expect that she'll be in the backless booster until at least 7. 3 feels young to be out of a harness.

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@catgirl: @MamaG: @KayKay: Thanks! I wanted to make sure when we buy new seats that I'm not moving him to soon.
    @MamaG: That's what I thought, which is why I asked her the size requirements but SIL defended her decision.

28. catgirl

nectarine / 2018 posts

@josina: best practice would be to harness until a minimum of 5 in either a convertible or combination seat (some kids lack the maturity to be without harness until later though). Then a booster until 10-12 and they can pass the five step test to fit properly.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Miss Ariel: We switched AJ to a convertible baught him a new one and G is still in hers! I honestly never even thought of switching her lol

30. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@catgirl: Thanks, good to know!

31. Adira

I know I'm behind the times here, but I finally introduced my kids to Frozen! It was actually the first time I had seen it too. Needless to say, they loved it! Logan keeps singing the "Let it Go" song.

32. snowjewelz

@catgirl: You helped me so much when I was deciding!

I moved K1 into the Graco Nautilus and moved K2 in her Chicco Nextfit. I was originally looking at the Graco Tranzitions but we went to the store and Nautilus ended up being a much better fit!

33. snowjewelz

Kara pooped in the potty at school for the first time ever yesterday! This kid confuses me! Usually I thought kids are more inclined to pee first than poop but she doesn't even always pee in the potty but suddenly poops!?

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Adira: Ethan is all of a sudden obsessed with this stuffed snowman Gma bought him - I think because of Olaf in Frozen.
    @snowjewelz: I think E pooped before he pee'd in the potty. Hopefully a good sign for potty training!

35. Adira

@josina: Olaf is the best!

36. snowjewelz

We had "back to school" night yesterday. It's crazy that I'm going to school events, like when did they grow up! Now she has officially changed her mind from Trolls to Frozen theme birthday. I think I'm gonna wait till November to buy anything at this rate!

Is it more normal to have a party before or after her actual birthday? Her birthday is on a Monday, so it's gonna be either the weekend right before or after...

37. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@snowjewelz: for a monday birthday, i'd probably have it the weekend before (all other things being equal, of course!)

38. snowjewelz

@KayKay: I'm initially leaning towards that too, just b/c I feel weird that Monday is her birthday and then you wait another 5-6 days and it's her birthday again? Haha!

39. Adira

@snowjewelz: I usually do the party closest to the birthday, although Logan was born near Thanksgiving, so I try not to hold it that weekend. This year his birthday is the Wednesday after Thanksgiving, so we'll have the party the following weekend.

40. snowjewelz

@Adira: that makes sense! we're just doing a family small party so probably Sun afternoon the day before, and the she'll get her party at school too. then I have 1.5 weeks till #2's birthday!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee