Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsScallop: it's so hard to plan bc you have no idea how long they are going to be in the hospital. It could be weeks (manageable) or months (!!!). We're very lucky that our friends and family are close and that our parents specifically are in a position to help us with childcare. My mom is going to take 10 days off and take care of LO while my inlaws help me and DH (driving pumped milk up to children's hospital and then driving me up there). Then the schedule is my inlaws will stay at our house with LO Sunday morning through Wednesday afternoon (and take her to school m-w) then my parents will come to our house and stay with LO Wednesday afternoon through Sunday morning. We are planning to have her come visit us on Thursdays and Sundays (they have an amazing child center and play area at the hospital for siblings). But most days LO will do her usual activities and have play dates with her friends at play gym, etc.

I'm meeting with my friend tomorrow to go over a meal drop off schedule and I'm so happy to have her to to coordinate that for me.

It's getting pretty stressful as it feels like time is just flying!

2. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@sandy: I know what you mean! We hope for just a couple weeks, but like you said, it could be so much longer. It sounds like you have an amazing support system around you and you have a good plan in place, which is great! We don't have any family nearby, but will be asking my MIL or DH's aunt to stay with us for a while to help take care of LO#1 while we are at the hospital. I just hope they are able to take the time off to travel and help us out. Good luck as you continue to plan and get ready! Time really is flying, especially with so much to do!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sandy: I am sorry your last apt was not as positive as I am sure you would like! Sounds like you have some great people amd Drs ready for your little one!
    Glad to see you checking in, prayers as always!

4. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@sandy: how far is the hospital from your house? Will you need to stay near the hospital? You probably have already checked but some hospitals have Ronald McDonald houses nearby where parents of kids in the hospital can stay for free.

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

Holy smokes, this thread exploded - why are there two pages I haven't even looked at???

@cheert16: Christmas shopping is almost done for me!!! I wanted to get started early. Just need to order gifts for my nephew, niece, Xander, and Hubs. But I know what I'm getting all of them, so it's just a matter of actually ordering it.

@MrsScallop: Sorry to hear you got transferred to an MFM, but that's probably for the best. Bummer baby wasn't cooperating, but it sounds like you'll have more opportunities to look at him! Hope everything is okay!

@BandDmommy: I LOVE that picture of B and your DH!!! Definitely one to frame!

I was actually thinking of copying what you did last year with B and having Xander in front of the tree with (hemp) milk and cookies. Not sure if I'll actually get around to doing it though!

@sandy: Good to see you here!! Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go as well, but glad Ava's not in distress or anything. Praying for you both.

6. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Adira: thanks! He is fine for now, just making sure he stays that way. I just didn't realize how much extra monitoring I would get as heart babies usually do fine in the womb. But like you said, I get to see him more, so I can't complain too much

7. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@winniebee: we did check out the Ronald McDonald housing option and we live too close by a few miles. I think it was more than 40 miles to qualify and we live like 30 miles away from the hospital.

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@sandy: So good to see you on here. I'm really sorry your last visit was disappointing, but I am glad that she doesn't seem to be in distress. I think about you guys often! Hopefully these next few weeks aren't too stressful

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@sandy: Ugh that's so frustrating about the Ronald McDonald house. It's good that you have your parents and in-laws nearby and able to help so much, though. What a great support system!

10. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@sandy: Wow, so happy that your friends and family are being such a great support system!

Has anyone else beeng experiencing the leg cramps at night? They've been waking me up-all on the left calf and excruciating pain. So over it!

11. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Ahhh, YES! The cramping is killing me!!! I woke up with a charlie horse the other day and my leg hurt for two days after!!

12. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: Trying to walk after one... ouch. I never even knew it was a pregnancy symptom until it started happening and I did some research. Like we need anything else keeping us from sleep!

13. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Yeah, I TRY to stop them in their tracks by walking on them as they are forming, but sometimes it just doesn't work! And my toes cramp up a bunch too in the evening. It sucks.

14. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: They give me no warning! I'll be asleep and all the sudden be woken up by the shooting pain in my calf muscle. Pregnancy is so weird sometimes!

15. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Yeah, that's how my charlie horse was the other day! I just woke up and my leg was totally cramped up and I couldn't even walk on it until it calmed down! It hurt so bad!!!

16. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@whenoceansrise: Yup whenever I stretch or change position!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: not yet, but my back kills after I wake up and try to get out of bed...lol

Laying on my side last night (left) side...lol and baby girl was kicking me as if to say "Hey mom your squishing me" I was literally cracking up!

My LO also seems to be prettty mellow! So many people talk about the huge jabs, and stomach flips....she moves a lot but nothing insane.....or maybe its that good old AP again

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsScallop: Hope all continues to be ok! Like they said more monitoring to ensure a healthy baby!!!!!

19. winniebee

@FaithFertility: it's probably the anterior placenta! I never had painful movements with my last pregnancy but this time the kicks and jabs hurt sometimes!

20. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: those hurt sooooo bad!!

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I spent 6 hours cleaning for MIL arrival. I'm so tired. I wasn't planning on cleaning but DH had a freak out and guilted me into cleaning. Of course, he just called and was like "6 hours, I feel bad. We should have hired someone." Day late and dollar short...

22. Adira

@BandDmommy: Oh wow, you are so nice! I don't care how much my husband tries to guilt me, I'm probably not spending 6 hours cleaning!!! Hope he was good to you after that!!

I just got a glimpse into my future. Xander woke up in the middle of the night and although he fell back asleep, I could not! And then I was just feeling anxious about being able to sleep, which was just making me even more awake. I remember feeling like that when Xander was a newborn and waking in the middle of the night to eat. Not looking forward to the newborn days...

23. Adira

Just got the results of my last CBC - platelets are down to 47. I'm guessing I'll be going back on prednisone!

24. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Adira: I'm sorry- at least it has a chance of coming back up!

25. Adira

@cheert16: Yeah, we're catching it earlier this time around, which is good! Last time we didn't catch it getting low until I was 36 weeks and they were already down to 34. So I was only on meds for 3 weeks before I went into labor. This time, assuming I go on the meds soon, I'll be on them for longer, which is good.

26. winniebee

@BandDmommy: you definitely should have hired someone. 6 hours on your feet like that is too much at this point.

27. winniebee

@Adira: oh man I'm glad you caught it early and I hope it improves with meds.

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Got some sneak peaks last night of our maternity photos!

29. Adira

@josina: Gorgeous!!! I love them!!!

30. snowjewelz

@Adira: Sorry to hear At least now it can be controlled! Hopefully you won't get TOOO hungry.. You're almost there!

@josina: Too cute! The pictures are gorgeous! I esp love using the scarf like a big bow-tie. I hope I'll still get some good fall leaves since my shoot isn't till the 11/2!

Ugh I am sick! So I had to jump through hoops to figure out how to get my flu/Tdap shots... My OB office doesn't offer them, I don't have a PCP, DH's PCP isn't taking new patients, apparently my insurance doesn't cover pharamacy flu shots... So I finally found a doctor close enough that will do both without having me go through a physical first. But the shots aren't till next week and I woke up with a bad sore throat & cough today!

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: I haven't had too bad of leg cramps, although every once in a while when I stretch my legs out they'll cramp up. So painful!

@FaithFertility: My little guys' kicks and moves don't really hurt either. They're really strong, but they don't hurt Thanks, baby!

@BandDmommy: I'm sorry you spent so long cleaning!! I always end up cleaning for hours and hours when we have family coming to stay with us, too. No fun! But I always feel much more prepared afterwards.

@Adira: Ugh, I'm sorry about your platelets Glad that they caught it relatively early, though!

@josina: So beautiful! You look great

@snowjewelz: Ugh, lame I'm sorry. My OB doesn't do the shots either - so annoying! Thankfully I got my flu shot through work. My insurance doesn't cover pharmacy TDAP either, but I'm lazy and didn't feel like dealing with my PCP, so I just ate the cost of the pharmacy TDAP. Oh well. I hope you feel better soon

32. Adira

@winniebee: @snowjewelz: @theotherstark: Thanks ladies!

@snowjewelz: Wow, that really sucks how difficult it was for you to get the flu and dTap!! WTF! I'm surprised your OB office doesn't do them. And sorry to hear that you're sick!

33. snowjewelz

@Adira: I know, I could've gotten these weeks ago and maaaayyybe I wouldn't have gotten sick. The weather and temp has just been crazzzy lately and everyone - at work, my family, friends.. Someone is always sick!

34. Adira

@snowjewelz: Being sick while pregnant sucks because you just can't take as many meds as normal!

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@snowjewelz: I *finally* got a cold a few weeks ago in the dead-middle of summer, sucks being sick when pregnant, but it is definitely going around! Luckily my OB gave me the flu/tdap right in her office.

Thanks everyone on the pics! Now that I've seen the sneak peaks not-patiently waiting for the rest of them!

I think I've caught the culprit for my heartburn problems... unfortunately it's ice cream! No more late-night treats for me, but only 6 more weeks to go!!

36. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@josina: those shots are adorable!

So two nights in a row being woken up by those dumb charlie horses. Ugh I so hope this isn't going to be an every night thing now!

37. Adira

@josina: haha, bummer about the ice cream! Mine is definitely caused by chocolate (and other stuff I haven't identified yet), but I just can't stop eating it!!

@whenoceansrise: Booo!! I woke up last night and was starting to cramp up, but was able to stop it in it's tracks. I'm scared of another charlie horse - they are the WORST!

38. winniebee

@josina: pretty!!
    @whenoceansrise: maybe try eating a banana before bed - I think potassium helps?

39. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@Adira: I've never had a charlie horse before pregnancy (not that I can remember anyway) and omg.... WORST PAIN EVER. except maybe labor? I haven't experienced that one yet

@winniebee: I've been eating a banana every morning for breakfast- maybe I should eat one before bed. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, I'll ask him!

40. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Umm, yeah, labor's worse.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee