Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Does anyone else have horrible heartburn at night? What is helping you? I'm struggling through it....

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@BandDmommy: So sorry to hear! I don't really have heartburn, I think it's b/c I don't really eat much due to GD lol.

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: yeah it's pretty bad. i take a handful of extra strength tums, peppermint flavored and that usually helps.

4. winniebee

Well I made it another week since deciding I needed to take it easy! I am not doing the greatest job resting during the day as it's virtually impossible with a toddler so I still have frequent contractions, but in the evening when I'm resting it's usually no more than 3 an hour, which is fine in my OB's books. Each week without labor is a blessing so trying not to get down about the situation in general.

5. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@BandDmommy: I do usually. I find it is better if I try to sleep more upright and have a big dose of Tums just as I am lying down. I also try to not eat/drink anything big before as a fully stomach always makes the heartburn worse.

6. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@BandDmommy: Mine is driven by what I eat presently. Spicy and acidic foods will cause it for me. I refuse to use TUMS. My acid reflux was ridiculous in my previous pregnancy (took protonix to settle it). If it gets to be where I can't control it with my food choices I will go back on my meds.

Fortunately, I only have 3 weeks left to be bothered with it.

7. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: and @BandDmommy: Good job ladies, keep those babies growing and in uetero as long as possible.

8. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@whenoceansrise: Oh dear!!! Sorry you had to go through that!! I'm glad they told me in advance about the GBS test so I still have time to enlist Hubs help with grooming, haha.

@MrsScallop: So true about labor! I don't remember caring at all that EVERYONE was getting up in my lady parts! I remember beforehand that I didn't want Hubs watching, but when I was actually in labor, I didn't even think about it!!

@BandDmommy: I remember reading about perineal massages last pregnancy, but I didn't do it... I probably should have though!

My heartburn is bad throughout the day. Tums helps me. I try to keep it by my nightstand too for the times it attacks me at night!

@snowjewelz: I recently did a ton of Christmas shopping, so I've had packages arriving all week! My entryway is a mess of boxes!!

Had my appointment with my hemotologist today and I'm back on prednisone! Just picked up my prescription and will get my platelets checked again in 10 days!

9. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: Hooray! I am glad your resting schedule seems to be helping you!

@Adira: Good luck with your medication! I hope it gets your numbers up soon!

10. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: yay for making it another week!!!

11. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Here's my 34 week bump

12. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

I am suffering with horrendous heartburn too. I take gaviscon. Not sure if you guys call it something else but it's basically a thick chalky medicine. It does help a lot.

I was concerned about lady grooming the other day. I was talking to my sister about it saying I wanted to get a wax but that I had heard it can be more painful while pregnant. She somehow managed to persuade me that she can do it for me as she does her own with strips. The next thing I know, she has a strip of wax on my very overgrown bikini line and I freaked out about how much it would hurt. Turns out it was no worse than normal but it still heart a lot but what did happen is, it burst lots of capillaries in the skin and it looks like I have a massive bruise! Not good and think it will stay a long time. Apparently the blood is closer to the skin surface when pregnant. Who knew!

Went to the baby expo today and finally bought crib, car seat, stroller and lots of other things which is exciting. Also booked a newborn shoot and they insisted on taking a picture of me. So here is me at 33w 5d.

13. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@BandDmommy: Looking good! And I love your towels.

@Mrs.Lilac: Oh yikes!! I'm glad the waxing didn't hurt anymore than normal, but such a bummer about the bruising!! And that picture is gorgeous!!

14. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: I was having all day and night heartburn about a week ago. Eliminating citrus and tomatoes helped me. Also eating more apples and not drinking too much water at once. I hear non minty gum is good too. Hope you feel better

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: gorgeous! Sounds like you got what you need

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: beautiful!!

17. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

I had my 2nd appointment with my new OB today. I only gained a pound since last visit and it seems the Flordix is helping my anemia as my bloodwork came back normal. He went through all my labs with me so it was a long appointment but I appreciated him being so thorough,

Group B strep test will be at the next appointment and then I will have weekly appointments and cervical checks. Can't believe it's so close!!

My baby shower is this Sunday! We have gotten almost everything on our registry, I'm in awe of my family and friends generosity. Hopefully my BFF who organized it with my mom will be able to relax and enjoy it.

Have a great weekend mammas

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: yay for another week! sounds like things are paying off

@BandDmommy: you look great!

@Mrs.Lilac: beautiful!

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

So I had my weekly OB appointment today and my BP was up again. This time she didn't even wait to examine me but just sent me over to L&D for more monitoring . They watched my BP for a few hours with me on the fetal monitor and drew labs. Labs and baby looked fine so they sent me home but took me off of work at least for this weekend.

I have to do a 24 hour urine collection and go back tomorrow to drop it off (lovely). They'll monitor me for a little bit then too. I'm grateful that I'm 34w4d and in a pretty safe zone and that baby seems fine - but I'm frustrated because this is exactly how things started with M. She was fine being born at 36 weeks, but I'm really hoping to keep this baby on the inside for a little longer.

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@magnolia: Sounds like a good appointment Have a great shower!

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@MrsF: I'm sorry but glad that you were able to go home.

22. winniebee

@BandDmommy: super cute!

@MrsF: ughhhh. I hope that resting over the weekend will help.

@Mrs.Lilac: adorable pic!

@magnolia: have a great shower!

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@magnolia: have a great shower!!!

24. snowjewelz

@Mrs.Lilac: you are brave! I can't bring myself go wax under any circumstance!

@magnolia: have a great shower! It was such a turning point bc I felt like I'm really in full nesting mode once I have all this stuff!

@MrsF: I hope she will stay in longer too. Hang in there! I so agree that at least you are in a pretty safe zone

Ugh of course I am on HB bc of insomnia tonight! And I have to be at this birthing class from 9-5!

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm sorry. :(. I feel like pregnancy sleep is the worst.

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: Sorry about the sleep I can definitely commiserate. I hope your class today goes well!

I feel like I was up every couple of hours to pee which was a big ordeal because I have to collect it all for 24 hours. Not a very restful night.

27. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: the worst part is I never know when it hits; if I didn't have too much going on today it wouldn't be that bad. I hope DH remembers what we learn today cuz I won't lol!

@MrsF: ugh that stinks! I usually pee half asleep still haha!

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Yay, to another week! ♥ Prayers LO stays a little longer!
    @BandDmommy: awwww you look great!
    @Mrs.Lilac: hmmmmm good to know about waxing......
    Your picture is great!
    @magnolia: Have a wonderful shower!
    @snowjewelz: I was up too......... hope you get some info in your class, or find an on-call room and take a nap
    @MrsF: awwwww I hope she stays in longer too!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

33 weeks tomorrow
    I posted about my new "symptom" skin tags So strange I have one under my arm and I think another one like on my bra line.......apparently it's common?
    So strange

30. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@FaithFertility: you look great!!! I had not heard that, but honestly nothing surprises me.

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@BandDmommy: me either.... but if you Google it is a symptom, mainly because it says your hormones make skin growth rapid and its in areas that rub.......yeah I've come to realize my body is not mine anymore....lol

32. winniebee

@FaithFertility: you look wonderful! I actually have a skin tag on my eye lid since getting pregnant. Lovely!

33. winniebee

@MrsF: that sucks!! I hate those nights but I can't imagine having to collect my pre on top of it all.

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: Really?!??! Makes since though it says it happens in creases of your skin!

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@FaithFertility: you look great! Sorry about the skin tags - pregnancy is so glamorous Totally agree about our bodies no longer being our own!

36. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I have one on my armpit too! I literally just found it shaving yesterday!

37. winniebee

I've crossed the line into feeling really effing huge and fat. I've lost control in the sweets dept and think I'm officially beyond the point of caring.

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Ugh - I feel the same way. We're watching TV after dinner and I'm eating cereal even though I'm not even hungry... Story of my days recently.

39. winniebee

32 weeks....

40. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: looking good!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee