Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: you look great!

2. Mrs. Tea

blogger / apricot / 424 posts

@FaithFertility: I got them with my first pregnancy and they are starting again! They were in really weird places too, like just above my eye lid. Pregnancy is such a weird weird thing!

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: you look great!

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Pregnancy has made me grumpy. My MIL is driving me cah-razy!!! She hasn't helped at all and if anything she adds more mess. I mention endlessly I'm exhausted but she keeps her butt on the couch and can't even bother to play with B. Ugh, she still has another week here.... Lord help me

5. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@BandDmommy: can you not just ask to MIL watch B and say you are going for a soak in the tub or something. Take a magazine and stay in there for an hour

I have loads of new skin tags too! Didn't knoenif was pregnancy related though. I have heard if you tie a piece of cotton around them they fall off. Havnt tried this though.

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: sadly I have and she just turns on the tv and asks B to sit with her. We have a park down the street, tons of outdoor toys and a playroom so I'm not sure why she doesn't do anything fun with him. Maybe I have too high of expectations. When my parents visit they take him on long walks, to the park, etc.

7. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

I'm catching up on this thread from the weekend!

@magnolia: Hope you had a wonderful shower!! Glad to hear your bloodwork is looking good.

@MrsF: Sorry to hear about your blood pressure! Hope the baby stays cooking for a little bit longer!

@FaithFertility: Your bump is looking great!!! And yes, skin tags are normal. I've got a few new ones too on my armpit!

@winniebee: You look fantastic!!!

@BandDmommy: OMG, sorry to hear about your MIL!!! I would HATE to have a guest like that who doesn't help out at all!! Why is she even there if it's not to help you???

8. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@BandDmommy: ditto what adira said... that she is there being unhelpful sounds so frustrating!!! can your hubs intervene?

9. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

Thanks to everyone for the baby shower well wishes. It was laid back and surprisingly relaxing! I got to see so many friends and family members and feel overwhelmed by all the love and support from them. And my friend made us a heart shaped piƱata filled with baby goodies!

We have a huge pile of gifts to organize and put together, which is exciting but I wish I could just be at home from work for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully it flys by.

Happy monday mamas!

10. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@BandDmommy: your expectations are not too high unless she is very elderly.....

11. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@magnolia: Good to hear you had a good time

I am sooo over it after this weekend too. After my fever, I'm left with a painful throat & I've been coughing my lungs out Annnd my sleep was terrible over the weekend. Insomnia + sick = grumpy very pregnant woman!

I also started this new thing where I moan/grunt when I sleep.. DH googled it and apparently it's a smyptom lol. It's not snoring, more like "uhhhh, mmmm". I wake myself up too sometimes

12. snowjewelz

Oh and birthing class was crazy! I left feeling educated, overwhelmed, fearful, excited, basically I was a nut case that day

Got a tour of everything which was nice, since I had only been there once to visit SIL almost 2 yrs ago.

Def started to panic at some point b/c it just became so real to me... Like, in a month or so I will be here giving birth. It was also really overwhelming to have to watch/hear/read about EVERYTHING that happens with L&D all in a few hours.

13. Adira

@snowjewelz: I can't decide if it's good or bad that I never took a birthing class!! I totally had no idea what to really expect when I was in labor with Xander besides the basics: contractions, water breaking at some point, pushing at some point. Not knowing what to expect, I just went with the flow, but I didn't have any techniques for managing the pain, which probably would have been helpful. But I also never felt overwhelmed/scared of labor because I didn't know what I was in for!!! Ignorance is bliss maybe?? Until you're in it and then you're like "Ahhhhh!!! WTF is happening to me????" I hope you find the class helpful when you're in the moment!!

14. snowjewelz

@Adira: With my personality I just need to know everything! I think it was just overwhelming b/c they have to tell you about every possible scenario and when it's all lumped together it just seems SCARY! And they have all these video clips of real women in labor & I finally saw baby coming out of there... I was like...

I mean the instructor was nice, she already prefaced all this telling us not all of these things happen, and certainly not all at the same time, and a lot of it is if you have a natural birth, etc.

15. Adira

@snowjewelz: I'm normally the type that needs to know everything, but for this, I'm glad I didn't! I think knowing all the risks and everything that can go wrong would just be too overwhelming for me and I'd be panicking! And the last time I saw someone give birth was in my 5th grade health class video!! So glad I can't remember the details!

I'm curious how much you actually remember from your class when you're actually in labor!!

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@magnolia: yay! Glad you had a good shower!

@snowjewelz: those classes can be overwhelming. Luckily L&D nurses are awesome and coach you. My OB was awesome as well. He talked me through every contraction.

I guess my complaining paid off, she's taking B to park this afternoon so i can run errands. Yay!!!

17. Adira

@BandDmommy: Awesome!! So glad to hear your MIL is finally stepping it up!! Enjoy running errands ALONE!!!

18. snowjewelz

@Adira: I went mostly b/c they do the hospital tour too and I want to know things like when you get to the hospital, where do you go, where do they put you, etc. And more the procedure stuff. I told DH it's his job to remember most of this stuff since I will probably just be screaming my head off or something He is very good with breathing techniques tho b/c he had suffered from anxiety attacks in the past!

@BandDmommy: I just know to tell someone, anyone as soon as I get there that I want an epidural asap haha!

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: hahahhaha.. They will definitely ask you. When I delivered there was a woman next to me screaming and refused pain meds and the nurses kept telling me how bad they felt for her. The nurses are awesome!! They are definitely there for whatever you want.

20. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: I hope so!

We were just touring on the L&D floor and I was freaking out wondering if I'll suddenly hear someone screaming lol. Then we were in an actual L&D room, and all I could do is stare at that bed thinking about how I'd be on there soon giving birth

I don't think anything so far made it as real as being there did!

21. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, see, I took a "Caring for your Newborn" class at our hospital and that included the tour! But that's awesome that you've put your husband in charge of remembering some of the details for you! That will definitely help!

As far as the epidural - that is EXACTLY what I did when I got there! I was all "I have ITP - what are my platelets? Can I get an epidural??" and then while they were getting the results from my blood work, every time a nurse came in, I was all "Did you get the results yet? What are my platelets? Can I get an epidural???" When they finally were all "Your platelets came back at 50 - you can't have an epidural" I was just like "Uhh... what can you give me then...?" LOL

22. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: hahahhaha.. You could have done like the old days and ask for some liquor.

23. Adira

@BandDmommy: hahaha, that would've been fun! They gave me something in my IV that left me dizzy like I HAD been drinking, but didn't actually seem to help with the pain very much! And it wore off before I started pushing - so USELESS!!

24. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@snowjewelz: hope you feel better!
    I am counting down weeks til I don't have to work!

25. snowjewelz

@magnolia: That's a good countdown!

26. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: You look great!

@BandDmommy: My in-laws are driving me crazy! They are just overly excited and want to talk to me ALL THE TIME. and they ask me how I'm feeling multiple times during a single conversation. I HATE that question! I tink I'm just jealous because they get to be apart of this pregnancy while my mom lives 9 hours away and does not get to be very involved.

Also, I found out I tested positive for the group b strep so I'll have antibiotics during labor.

27. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Sorry you tested positive for Group B Strep!! I'll be hooked up to the IV too, regardless of whether I have Group B Strep, so we're in the same boat.

28. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: bummer about gbs. It really wasn't a big deal for me last time though! If you are planning a hospital birth anyways it's not an issue.

29. winniebee

@snowjewelz: no sense in waiting for the epi! I waited about an hour too long last time and contractions got craaaaazy before I actually got the sweet relief!

30. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Sorry to hear! It's strange that I don't think I've had that test yet but I'm already 34 weeks! In general I am just over "How are you feeling?"!

@winniebee: I don't plan on waiting! The sooner I can get it the better!

31. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

I'm a little surprised how early GBS tests are being done. If I recall from my first, my doctor wanted it done as late as possible as I think the results are good for one month.

I'm 3 weeks from my RCS, and will be getting my GBS test done this Thursday.

And, I'm just generally cranky these days and over everything. So I've been keeping quiet

32. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I have NO idea why I've already had mine done! The nurse said he typically tests at 31 weeks and I've read that most places wait until later on. Yeah, for some reason that question annoys me like crazy. Next time someone asks me that I want to say "I'm tired of answering that question" hahaha

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: @winniebee: You ladies look so great!!

@snowjewelz: Glad your class went well! It definitely makes things seem more real, huh??

@MamaG: I'm surprised too! Everything I've read said they do it around 36 weeks, which is when my center does it as well. They told me I would be doing the test at my next appt (at which I'll be 36 weeks).

34. Adira

@MamaG: I think last time I had it done at 36 weeks, but this time I'm doing it at 35, I think just because that's when I'm going in!

@snowjewelz: Ugh, I HATE "How are you feeling?" It's such a weird question! And the other day, someone asked me and I said "Good!" and then he looked at my stomach, raised and eyebrow and said "Really?" WTF??? I wanted to be all "No, asshole, I have really bad heartburn, my back is sore, my pelvis hurts, and my hips don't seem to be in alignment anymore, but I'm SO glad I got this opportunity to share that with a completely stranger like you! Thanks so much for asking!"

35. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I guess my OB is like yours then if I haven't had the test yet! And ugh yes, I feel the same way. As much as I am terrified about giving birth, I am also sooo over everything!

@whenoceansrise: I always feel obligated to make up something b/c if I answer "I'm ok" people keep waiting expecting me to say more!

@Adira: Seriously, it's like, do you REALLY wanna know how I'm feeling?! I don't think so!

36. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yeah, no one except friends/family really give a crap how you're feeling, so I don't know why they ask! Why can't people just continue saying what they ALWAYS say and say "How's it going?" or NOTHING AT ALL?? It's like "Oh, she's pregnant! I HAVE to comment!!"

37. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

My OB doesn't test till 36 weeks either. I'm getting it done at 35 because he wants to check my cervix.

I HATE the "how are you doing question?" I know it's good intentions. But seriously, do you want honesty? Honestly, I feel fat and I sleep like crap. Probably not the chipper response people want.

38. winniebee

My gbs is also at 36w and was last time too.

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I had the GBS at my last appointment (when I was 34 weeks) because my daughter was born at 36 weeks. I had to have the antibiotics during labor because the results from the test didn't come back in time. I would rather avoid that this time if I deliver early (looking more and more likely), so she did the test early. I think it's only good for 4 or 5 weeks so she said she would have to repeat it if I go to my due date or later.

40. winniebee

@MrsF: How did the urine collection go and are you feeling ok?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee