Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I had a follow up growth scan today and 32 week OB visit. It went fine in that the baby has grown between visits and his biophysical profile (practice breathing, cord flow, HB, fluids) were all great. But his head to abdomen growth is still off and he is still small. I have to follow up with the high risk doc in 2 weeks for another growth scan and also have to go back to my OB next week for another ultrasound to check on his biophysical profile. I guess the concern is that the further along we go the greater chance my placenta is not working properly which is attributable to his small abdomen. But I think it's more likely he is a skinny kid like Tyler and the high risk doc and OB think this is probable too. On another note, my OB isn't all that concerned about preterm labor - she just wants me to call if I have 6 an hour. She's happy that rest is keeping my contractions at bay and urged me to take it easy until 33/34 weeks (another 1-2 weeks).

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@cheert16: Don't let her get you down! I don't think that's a lot of weight gain at all considering our babies are growing like crazy towards the end! As long as you're being healthy, don't stress yourself out trying to loose weight instead! My OB keeps telling me I should not gain over 30 lbs (tho I'm not there yet). My very skinny & tall friend gained over 60 lbs and everything was fine and she wasn't binging or anything! You can't control what's happening to your body so don't feel bad

3. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Just 2 more weeks! You can do it! I think it's reassuring that your 1st was skinny so hopefully it's just the same case with #2!

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@winniebee: Ugh, the what-ifs sound stressful. I'm sorry!! It sucks that the size could mean one thing, or it could just mean that he's skinny!! And it sounds like there's really no way to know until he's born? Are they thinking they might want you to induce early or anything, or do they not seem too concerned? I'm sorry you're dealing with that - hopefully everything is totally fine and he's just a skinny baby!!

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@cheert16: What the fu**?! I would have been so pissed (and probably would have started sobbing at the appointment). These last weeks are when the baby packs on the most weight, and it's crazy that she's giving you so much grief about it. Please try not to stress!

@winniebee: I'm glad the biophysical profile looked good. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's just a skinny little guy! Good that you're keeping the contractions at bay, too.

6. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: I haven't noticed any BH either, and I'm 35 weeks. I do drink a lot of water though?

7. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@whenoceansrise: I have been having at least one or two for several weeks now, and it always comes on when I am carrying LO/walking around a lot or when I haven't drank enough water that day. I wouldn't worry about not feeling one yet. I would really prefer it if I didn't feel them yet! They aren't so much uncomfortable for me, but more like a reminder that I am doing something I probably shouldn't.

8. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@cheert16: Ugh, I am so sorry you had to deal with that! I say f*** her! I know my weight gain has fluctuated tremendously through my pregnancy even though I don't think I have changed my diet drastically during those times. There is no way you have ruined your pregnancy or hurt your baby by gaining 6 lbs in 2 weeks. Be easy on yourself and just focus on being healthy. We only have a little while longer to go!

9. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@winniebee: Sorry it sounds like some aspects of your appointment didn't go super well. I am glad though that your Dr agrees with you that baby is likely just skinny just like T! And I am so happy for you that your Dr. isn't concerned at all about preterm labor! Sounds like you are taking really good care of yourself and baby!

10. winniebee

@Adira: the thinking is that my placenta could be deficient or stop working at some point so I think if they found that to be the case through ultrasound they would induce me. After I had Tyler they sent my placenta to pathology Bc of his size and Bc they wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with the placenta but the pathology was normal. I would really resist an early induction since my history leads me to believe this baby is just skinny. Honestly I just want to skip ahead to 37 weeks, have this baby, and be done with worrying about this baby.

11. Adira

@winniebee: I see - thank you for the explanation! Given that you had a similar experience with T and he was just fine, I'd be inclined to believe the same as you!! Hopefully that continues to be the case and they don't end up wanting to induce you early!!

12. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@cheert16: Omg! How rude of her! I wouldn't worry about your weight gain- baby is supposed to be packing on the pounds!

13. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@winniebee: Oh that darn placenta! I get to have mine monitored weekly for different reasons, but it's so out of your hands At least they are doing the biophys and ultrasound to monitor. Bright side, more looks at baby?

14. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@winniebee: sounds like a good overall appointment. That's good about the OB not being worried about the BH. :).

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

I am coming to the realization our nursery will NOT be done by the time D arrives. Now coming to peace with that decision is another story. I'm so darn type A.

16. Adira

@BandDmommy: Will D be staying in the nursery as soon as she's home? Or will she spend some time in the master with you guys?

Either way, she won't know or care!!

17. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: she will stay in our room for about 3 months.

I finished washing all her clothes... Exhausting.. Here's her closet, I need to buy two more of the closet boxes and come up with some pretty boxes for top shelf.

18. Adira

@BandDmommy: Oooh, I like those closet boxes - where did you get them? And also, D has a lot of clothes! What sizes do those range from?

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: top shelf is newborn and 0 - 3 month. Bottom is 3-6 months. I got the boxes at container store. Love that place!!

20. Adira

@BandDmommy: D's a lucky lady!! Lots of outfits to choose from!!

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: I have to admit, I her wardrobe! I am kinda jealous.

22. Adira

@BandDmommy: haha, I like Xander's clothes more than mine. Buying for our kids is so much fun!

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Adira: It is!! I love buying B clothes as well. Kids clothes are sooo cute!

24. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@winniebee: @MamaG: @Adira: @snowjewelz: @theotherstark: Thanks for the commiseration ladies! I have been focusing today on eating cleaner. I will try that for the next week and a half till my next appt and see how it goes!

@BandDmommy: My nursery will def not be done!! Its not even painted yet and we are having new carpet installed. yikes!! You are SO ORGANIZED with all those clothes!!!! Come. Help. Me.

25. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@cheert16: that's awful your doctor yelled at you. I'm sorry.

26. snowjewelz

@BandDmommy: Love the closet! I put all her clothes in the dresser so far, now I'm wondering if I should hang them instead! I'd just need to get hangers... Do any childrens hangers work?

@cheert16: If you want to try, the GD diet is pretty healthy, basically low carb and no sugar! Lots of protein!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@BandDmommy: Awwww so fun! Love all those itty bitty clothes I've been washing baby clothes in batches as we've acquired them, so it hasn't been too bad.

@cheert16: That sounds like a good plan! Don't stress about it too much - baby is getting what they need, and that's what matters.

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm putting almost everything in a dresser. Just a few sweaters are hanging up! I think it's whatever works for you and your space

29. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@snowjewelz: can you send it to me? That's basically what I need to be doing!

30. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@snowjewelz: I like the ones from target. I put pants, plain onesies, socks, tights and shoes in the dresser.

31. winniebee

@MamaG: yes it's fun to say hi to him all the time! I just get a lot of anxiety before appts and then get depressed after the ultrasounds. Not to mention I've gained 22 lbs and this baby is only 3.5 lbs!

32. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: I know, I thought they were so small that rolling them up and putting them in little bins in the dresser is good. But then I saw how good they look on hangers too; easy to pick out! Originally I plan to just hang the bulky bunting stuff for winter and sleep sacks. Choices!!

@cheert16: I will PM you!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Ha, yes, it is nice to see everything hung up! I think space-wise it makes more sense for me to keep things in dressers. But it seems like it would be much quicker and easier to have things hung up, so you can just grab something when you need it.

@winniebee: Ah, I'm sorry your appointments give you anxiety!

34. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@winniebee: I get anxiety before my appointments too- for different reasons- but it stinks!

Just ate an orange and my little lady loves it! She is dancing around like crazy!!

35. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MamaG: Your positive mantra is a good reminder for me! I've been kind of cranky the past few days and it's not helping anyone in my house.

I'm jealous that your DH is nesting! For my first pregnancy my husband was the same way, but this time he seems to be in denial that this is happening soon. I think it's contributing to my crankiness.

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@whenoceansrise: I don't think I had a single BH contraction with my first pregnancy. I'm having a ton this time and they are very noticeable. My OB didn't seem surprised that I didn't have any the first time.

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@cheert16: I can't believe your midwife was so critical! My weight has been all over the place at my appointments even though it's pretty stable when I weigh myself at home. I've always been under the impression that the frequent weight checks at the end of pregnancy are more to keep an eye out for swelling / pre-e than anything else.

I hope you can brush it off and enjoy the next few weeks while eating what you want. Easier said than done, I know

38. snowjewelz

Our glider came today! The nursery is really coming together... Hopefully I can post some pics soon! Just need to put up the lamp, set up a shelve, hang up so,e frames and set up decal! Of course I still have shipments coming everyday... So hard deciding what to keep!

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Sorry that your appointment was frustrating Glad to hear that so many things were positive and that you're being monitored closely, but I'm sure you were hoping that the abdomen would have grown! At least it must be reassuring that T was the same way. I hope every visit is better!

40. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: How long did it end up taking for your glider? I keep hoping that mine will come early.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee