Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@PawPrints: Mine did because LO made monster noises in his sleep. He was SOOOO loud!

2. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

I want a nursery but we're planning on moving by the time baby comes, so don't have a room just yet.

On a side note, these Sea Band things are amazing. I've been wearing them since yesterday & feel so much better. I actually had a tiny amount of energy to get some cleaning done. lol

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@PawPrints: Our son was such a noisy sleeper we all slept better when we moved him to his room (1 month) - it was so close to our room we didn't need a monitor though

4. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@PawPrints: We kept our daughter in our room for about 3 months in a pack and play. Life was much better when she moved to her own room. We will likely move her to our "office" in a big girl (full size) bed and keep the nursery. The nursery isn't anything over the top but I'm likely to paint and put a few new things up on the walls. And our rocker will need to be moved back in there.

5. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

@MrsF: I am so excited. My close friend just told me she is due a few days after me! I literally screamed when I found out. I'm so happy yo have someone to go through this with, especially as we are both first timers!

@AngelicOne @MrsMangoMochi: glad you found the sea bands helpful. They were amazing for me too.

My flight back from California was a night are. The connecting flight was cancelled meaning I missed my main flight so we had to fly to Houston first. It was so bad and I was soooo tired. We were travelling for 24 hours and it was killer. Couldn't sleep on the plane but wasn't sick this time thank god!

So, I have an 'intimate' question. I just got back and had some 'special' time with my DH. We were a little enthusiastic and afterwards I had really bad cramping in my abdomen. I was so worried I had done something wrong. I'm now thinking we can only be gentle in that department? Anyone else have this? Super scared now.

6. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: TMI but we just did this last night too (first time since I got my ). I told him to watch the boobs & no squishing me. lol I had slight cramping but it went away, so I'm hoping all is okay.

7. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@PawPrints: We didn't co-sleep originally. He was in a bassinet next to our bed. But both him and I are such light sleepers, so we were constantly waking each other up! And I couldn't fall asleep listening to him grunt and whine and make noises! Every little noise he met had me on edge that he was about to wake up and demand food, so it was such a struggle to fall asleep next to him! Once we moved him into his own room, I couldn't hear him until he was actually awake and I stopped waking him up with all my tossing and turning!

8. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@PawPrints: nursery is definitely worth it. My LO sleeps so well in her own room and so do we! DH and I really did not want to cosleep - a family bed is just not for us. We had LO in our room for a week or two and then moved her to her room in the RnP and everyone slept great. At almost 2.5 years old she loves her room and loves getting into her own bed. And I love having my own time separate from her when she goes to bed

@AngelicOne: I've been wearing my sea bands all the time and I feel better too! I'm still nauseous but it's not like I want to curl into a ball and die...it's much more manageable.

What's helped my ms lately has been Tums (the smoothie kind), fruit and laying down and massaging the pressure points in my neck/shoulders.

For those of you working out I am so impressed! I cannot imagine working out right now. Good for you!

9. winniebee

Ms relief recommendations - spearmint (Altoids, gum) and papaya enzyme (chewable).

10. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@PawPrints: I have no idea if nursery is worth it or not as this will be our first, but we don't have the space or $ right now to do it - we live in a 1 bedroom apartment,. so baby's gonna be in our bedroom until we decide we have to move for more space, i guess. luckily our bedroom is pretty big, and so is the living room, so we can hang in there or put baby stuff in there too as needed

11. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: Sex commonly caused cramps/contractions for me while pregnant with my first, but they never really caused a problem. They usually settled down within an hour. I hope you are feeling better!

@PawPrints: We won't be doing a nursery for the time being because we only have a 2 bedroom place and plan to keep the new baby in our room until it is 6 months or so, like we did with #1. While I do think we all slept better when #1 was in her own room, I liked having her in the room with us that long.

12. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Thanks for all the replies about the nursery, this is really interesting. I had definitely gotten the impression from blogs and such that co-sleeping was the key to improving everybody's sleep, since you don't have to fully wake up to do feedings. Very interesting to know that so many people had success with keeping new babies in their own room. (I feel like I've read SO MANY blog posts about babies being incapable of sleeping alone until they're like three years old and have gone through brutal sleep training!) I guess we likely will do a nursery. On the annoying side, that means we have to move our entire office down into the spare bedroom. On the plus side, that means I get to decorate an adorable nursery!

13. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@PawPrints: Hooray for decorating a nursery! I am looking forward to seeing what people plan. I will say that there are definitely times when co-sleeping would get me more sleep, but those mostly in the early days when we were getting up every couple hours or during a sleep regression. Once she got older, though, we just woke each other up more when she was in the same room.

14. Adira

@littlek: I think you were the one to suggest those awesome Gap jeans, and I just wanted to say that I got mine yesterday and am wearing them today and they are sooooooo ridiculously comfortable!!!! I love them!!!

15. littlek

@Adira: aren't they!!! the waistband is perfect for 1st trimester. Glad you like them!

16. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I wouldn't worry! Ever since a BFP, I've had pretty bad cramping after sex too, esp after orgasm. This week had been better for a 1-2 weeks prior, I was scared to do it cause I cramped up so bad!

17. littlek

Wow, I can't believe all the people having sex.. I feel like crap, I would throw up on DH if we were to have sex... and i think that would kill the mood..

18. snowjewelz

@littlek: I'm talking about like once a week only, and super quick b/c I am too exhausted to really go at it

19. Adira

@littlek: haha, Hubs just complained about this to me yesterday. "Now that you got what you want from me, it feels like you never want to have sex anymore..." Yep! LOL! I'm TRYING to do it once a week (or MAYBE twice if I'm up for it) because I feel like a total asshole otherwise!

20. snowjewelz

@Adira: Yep for me it's totally guilt sex b/c all I want to do at home is sleep! But DH doesn't have to know that, hahaha

21. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@littlek: I'm with you. I can't imagine having sex right now! (although I just threw up 10 minutes ago so that doesn't help). DH is just going to have to wait.

22. Adira

@snowjewelz: hahaha, yeah, I try not to let him know it's just guilt sex, because then he'll feel guilty too! LOL!

23. winniebee

@snowjewelz: once a week only is our norm lol

24. littlek

@snowjewelz: hahaha pre pregnancy I'm in the same camp as @winniebee.

25. snowjewelz

@littlek: @winniebee: I think at most it's twice a week pre-TTC/pregnancy for us too. It really depends... Some weeks more, or suddenly we can go like 2 weeks without too.

DH loved TTC haha, it was the most we've ever had! I don't even think being newly weds had that effect lol!

26. littlek

@snowjewelz: what times your appt? I'm counting down the days to my next US (10!) and I get to see my little peanut again!

27. snowjewelz

@littlek: 12:40pm... I am so nervous! I'm making DH come with me just in case there's bad news (and of course so he can be there if we can see a heartbeat). I figured feeling so tired & slightly nauseous has got to mean the seed is growing right?! And I plan to ask some more questions about this heart shape uterus thing too.

28. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

DH and I have a deal. I give him sex, he gives me a full body massage.

29. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Hahaha nice!

I feel so bad for DH, I'm already whining up the wall at 6 weeks! He's been doing the dishes on top of cooking, he's gonna help me clean the house tomorrow, and he scratches my back & massages my lower back on demand... I hope he can keep this up for 9 months....!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@magnolia: Glad someone else is in the same boat we are We're currently in a 1 bedroom, and it's up in the air whether or not we'll move this fall. Should be interesting!

31. littlek

@theotherstark: you are in DC metro area right?

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: Correct!

33. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Yesterday was my first appt at my OB practice, for orientation. It was so stressful, like they gave us info for every testing thing we may need to do or consider for the whole pregnancy and a million pamphlets and it was just.. a lot to take in. I'm looking forward to going through all the information they gave me slowly, but to have it crammed into an hour and a half was crazy!

Baby gave me a birthday present yesterday, and I got to be nausea-free for almost the whole day! It was fantastic. Except then I started to get nervous, and it made me thankful for the nausea because then at least I know baby is doing alright in there. Back to feeling super sick today, so... I guess now I can't complain haha

DH and I have continued to have sex about every other day, which is a lot more than I would want it, but I just tell him he will have to do all the work haha because moving makes me sick. So.. I guess it works. I kind of owe him because he has been taking such good care of me lately, rubbing my back and doing all the dishes.

1 more week till I get an ultrasound and finally get to see the little nugget! Can't wait

34. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Oh, and question... I have an insane fear about miscarrying... And I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this... But at this point in pregnancy (I'm 7w1d) if the baby were to mc, would bleeding occur? Or would I carry on feeling like I am pregnant with no symptoms of having lost the baby? I just am constantly terrified that the babby died, and I'm just going to carry on thinking I'm pregnant forever. I have no reason to feel this way, but I was just wondering if I would have symptoms of a mc if that was in fact happening. If that even makes sense.

Everything about this is so scary and out of my control!

35. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@theotherstark: We had our first while in a 1 bedroom apartment and I think it worked really well. We didn't move into a bigger place until she was 8 months old.

@missybear: Happy birthday! Glad your little bean gave you such a nice present

36. snowjewelz

@missybear: Oh my, information overload! My OB didn't really have an orientation... Maybe they're waiting to make sure the bean is here to stay? Ugh I'm sorry the nausea disappeared for only a day! I think that way too - If I feel things, then I must def still be pregnant lol. So excited for you to finally go to your u/s tomorrow!

37. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@theotherstark: Yeah I am torn. We love our apartment. It's on the first floor and has a private entrance, so no stairs. It's also pretty affordable, the landlord is really nice, there is a daycare literally next door and we can have our dog here. Our lease is up in late July so we have to wait to then to decide. My dream is that another bigger apartment would open up in the building. a little jealous of everyone with lots of space!!

38. Adira

@missybear: Wow! Sex every other day??? Your husband is a lucky guy!!! And yay for a u/s next week! I'm jealous!!

As far as miscarriages go, I don't have any advice. I THINK it has the possibility to go either way... like sometimes the fetus dies and you start bleeding right away, but in other cases, it might die and your body doesn't get rid of it for a few weeks.

BUT at 7 weeks, you're actually past the point when MOST miscarriages occur. You'll feel a LOT better after your u/s next week though. I think once you've seen the heartbeat on a u/s, your chance of miscarriage goes down to like under 5%!

39. snowjewelz

@Adira: Wow that's really good to know! I just thought it's super danger zone up till 12 weeks!

40. Adira

@snowjewelz: Yeah!!! That's why I'm so anxious to get a u/s!! Once you see the heartbeat, your chance of a miscarriage goes down soooooo much! I found a chart somewhere when I was pregnant the first time around that gave the percentages for each week, haha. Those first couple weeks are the scariest because you have the highest chance, but I think after 6 weeks, it goes down, and then it goes down again after 8 or 9 weeks, and then it's down to like 3% when you're out of the first trimester.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee