Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I just went online to check something regarding medical insurance. Our plan is a pretty good plan, low deductible and pretty low OOP max. And yet somehow my blood test was billed at 27k and my responsibility is 21k.

2. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@2littlepumpkins: wtf!?!!! You mean the genetic testing? Holy shit. That must be a mistake???

3. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Whaaaaat. My doc said he's seen people get billed like 6K but wow. Hopefully this is a clerical limbo while the rest is still processing!! I'm guessing you are seeing this on your insurance site because you phrased it as 'your responsibility' and not that you got billed. It's possible you'll have to pay what's left of your MOOP and the testing company will write the rest off. I'd start by calling the testing company and just letting them know what you see and asking what your bill is/will be. Depending on what they say, you can call your insurance company. Most reps are hourly workers following scripts, so they may not be able to answer why it is the way it is but can help you with opening a formal appeal. Good luck!

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsJBeeG: sorry to hear about your loss and good luck for you on this cycle

@2littlepumpkins: holy shit. That can't be right.

5. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I"ve posted this on a few other threads but in case you find this useful:
    If the charges were for the genetic testing:
    So we have a HDHP with a family deductible of $4000. We did the Panorama test and the explanation of benefits mailing said the test was $8000 which was covered, but my responsibility/the contracted rate was $650. Yikes. Our deductible rolled over Jul 1 so I knew we weren't going to hit the deductible even with this big potential bill.
    So I called my OB, and they referred me to their contact from Panorama/ Natera. She said, ok well yeah you either pay the $650 and it goes towards your deductible. OR if they hadn't run it through your insurance our cash rate is $250. Um, wuut. So I told her that Id just rather pay the cash rate since we weren't going to hit our deductible anyway.
    I have yet to get a bill from the lab. So I don't know if Natera is slow, or what. But basically when I get a bill from Natera for $650, I was told to call the Natera contact back, they will cancel the charge, and I will just pay Natera $250 directly

6. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: @starchild: @Eko: @Littlebit7: Thanks for all the advice/support ladies. I was in shock but after looking more at the progenity website it seems like this process of them going back and forth with insurance might be normal. There's a lot on there about do not pay until you are billed and if you can't afford the bill then I guess they have plans and what not..I knew this could end up being a high bill but higher than the actual hospital bill? For like two kids? Can't be right. I'll see if there's also a cash rate. And of course I JUST changed OBs this week and missed my last appt with the last dr so that may be an awkward call.

7. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Ugh, that's who we used and haven't gotten our bill yet. I was assured that it's like $100 if you pay immediately. That's so ridiculous. Please update! Fingers crossed for you.... and us.

8. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@starchild: congratulations!!!

@Eko: I felt the same way all weekend, like why did I do this? I'm exhausted, I want to sleep, haha, but it turned out to be very nice!

@Tanjowen: It is and it keeps happening but randomly, so some days I'm good to brush my teeth then other days I'm like, nope, gag reflex hates me today.

@PawPrints: That is so adorable! My son just keeps poking me in the belly button and saying baby (which you know feels awesome), haha!

@Littlebit7: Feeling a little bit of movement here and there, mostly when I'm laying down. Did find out that baby B's placenta is anterior which may be why I'm not feeling as much.

@2littlepumpkins: That is ridiculous! Don't worry too much until you get the actual bill, there's so much bureaucracy with this stuff it's insane.

As for me, health wise, things have been kind of sucky. I've had two back to back UTIs which has sucked. I honestly think it might be how Baby A is laying and not being able to empty my bladder all the way. The UTIs themselves were awful but the meds also made me sick, better but lots of side effects.

Other news: We had our gender reveal today and announced we are having two BOYS! Super excited! Picture of our decorations from today and also I attached my 19w1d bump picture, also taken today

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: congrats on your boys!! You look beautiful!!

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: also, hope you're feeling better post-UTI. I only have one in there but depending on the week I am definitely feeling the bladder pressure.

11. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@MrsTal: Congratulations on your boys! Sorry you're still not feeling well. You look great!

12. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@MrsTal: Congrats on your 2 sweet boys!!! And you look great - hope you feel better soon!

13. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@MrsTal: congrats on your boys!! You look great. Hope you start
    feeling better soon. Uti's suck.

14. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @starchild: @Tanjowen: @Littlebit7: thank you ladies! Starting to get more excited now! Something about finding out and everyone knowing makes it more real, haha

What's everyone doing for their nurseries? I know that the twins will probably be in our room for the first 6 months or so, but I want to have the nursery ready before they are born.

15. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: we're having all three share!! Were doing a bunk bed and a crib. There will also be dd's old twin next door in the office and then there's a queen bed in the guest room downstairs, and the pnp will be in our room but of course is portable. We did an arms reach last time but I didn't keep it so we'll use the old pnp which actually we bought when dd was a toddler and ds barely used it at all. Our first two are very happy sharing (we used to live in two bedrooms this past year so they had to) and we like having an office complete with my dd's craft area. They basically use the room just for sleep and can spread out when sick or whatever.

16. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@MrsTal: LO 1 has her own room
    LO 2 (boy) will sleep next to our bed for probably months 0-4 in an arms reach co sleeper.
    Then we are thinking we will take half of our walk in closet and put a mini crib in there for another 2-3 months or until he is legit sleeping through the night. And then move him into The nursery with LO1.
    I'm secretly hoping he's a better sleeper than #1 and that can all be expedited. Ha.
    LO1 is still in a crib at 28 months and I plan to keep it that way as long as she is happy.

17. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

My husband and I live in a one bedroom on the college campus where we serve as chaplains. The baby will be in our room for the first 6 months and then hopefully after that a two bedroom will be open for us to move into on campus. If not we will wait another year and make things work between our room and our living room. It would not be ideal, but I'm confident we can make it work!

So we aren't doing any nursery decorating but we did buy the baby his own wardrobe that fits in our room and a changing table off of craigslist that works in our bathroom. We registered for a mini crib with wheels and that should cover baby furniture.

We also had our anatomy scan today everything looks "boringly normal" per the tech and we found out its a boy. We are both ecstatic. My husband really wanted a boy to the point that I wanted a boy just because of how excited he was. But I am mostly greatful for how uneventful my preganacy has been. My mother had a terrible time concieving and carrying, so the normalness has been a gift to the whole family.

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsTal: congrats on the two boys!! Looking good too!!!

We have another bedroom for the baby we are going to set up. The baby will be in our room until 4-6 months when we transition her to her crib, but it's nice to have everything setup in advance. Even when LO was in our room i would try to get him to sleep in his own room, which made the transition to his crib a lot easier.

19. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

They are doing this over on the feb 2018 board. Anyone interested? I'm going to fill it out once I get LO down

1. How far along today?
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick?
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out?
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most?
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first?

20. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

1. How far along today? 16w6d
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? Probably like a week early, so there would be at least some distance before Christmas, so that would be 12/19 ish.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? It's a boy
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I love anything with ruching, I tend to wear that stuff even when I'm not pregnant. Most maternity stuff is good really, these days I'm just so happy not to be stuffing myself into regular clothes anymore.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? I'm already on the lookout for secondhand stuff (since I gave away a lot after DD), and have picked up tons of free boy clothes, a bottle warmer, some awesome nursery art, a Brest Friend pillow, and a Snoogle, and a second glider. Probably the big purchase will be a second monitor, which I have already started researching, and discovered they no longer sell the extra camera option for our old monitor so we'll have to buy a whole new one.

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2: tramdoof (#1)
    4: Run2shore (#2 & #3)
    5: Tanjowen (#2)
    9: MrsTal (#2 & #3)
    21: kayla0416 (#2)
    23: littlebit7 (#2)
    26: PawPrints (#2)
    27: starchild (#1)
    30: Eko (#2)
    31: 2littlepumpkins (#3)

I can't C&P and I'm sort of doing the recent updates by memory so I apologize if I missed anyone!! Please let me know/correct it!

22. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@tramdoof: Congrats on your healthy baby boy!!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

1. How far along today? 16+1
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? As early as possible without missing Christmas! Somewhere around 12/10 (37w) would be awesome, but very unlikely. Baby measured a couple days ahead last week so I actually would not be surprised if we are in the hospital around Christmas. The earliest they will induce is 39w which happens to be Christmas Eve. I have something in January so that's why I'm hoping early! Plus not gonna lie, I love the baby but not pregnancy.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? It's a girl according to the first trimester blood test.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? This pregnancy I am just not liking any of them at all. Once the first trimester bloat went down I could button my pants again, but so far I am mostly buying fits for now and postpartum clothes, haha!
    Breast pumps. I FF'd my first two. The first I tried to nurse and pumped for six weeks, but the second I didn't due to medical issues. This one I hope to combo feed. Other than that, I'm honestly not wanting to buy all that much. We'll need a place to put the baby out of the way of the siblings downstairs, maybe a swing, bottles, pacis. I don't want to overdo it before she gets here though.

24. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

1. How far along today? 17 weeks
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? Oh geez. I'd like to avoid Christmas or the day before or after. New Years would be fine too
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Boy!
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I'm loving the target maternity shorts I bought, they actually look better than my regular shorts!! Also my topshop skinnies. Looking forward to all of the gap fit ruched tops...they are sooo comfy.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? Trying to figure out if we need a double, what type of double, or a single with a rider board. We live in a city and walk a ton. Right now I'm actually leaning towards getting two. The mountain buggy duet v3 and maybe a pre-owed single of some sort with a board. Although the city select lux with the jump seat has me all 😍 Can you tell I research this a lot? Also need a new pump...thinking spectra this time. I forced DH to save everything from LO1 so we don't need much. Just some boy clothes. I've picked up a fair amount of basically unused boy clothing/accessories from my local mom group

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

How far along today? 16w3d

2. Delivery date: I am hoping to get induced again early.. which would be 12.16. If I could be home for Christmas that would be great.

3. Boy or girl? It's a girl! I knew it too.

4. Maternity cloths: I've been living in dresses. I can't wait for the day when it cools off and I can wear leggings all day every day.

5. Baby gear items: I put together a registry already and the one thing I researched the most was a baby carrier. We used the bucket and stroller a lot with DS, but I think it's impractical for us this time. Plan is to baby carry as much as possible and next summer I may see about a new stroller. I had the ktan with D'S and didn't like it because he got too overheated. Then we had the ergo which wasn't the best because it wasn't the 360. I ended up going for the lillebaby this round.

26. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Completely random question... is everyone planning on still doing typical Christmas decorating? It's usually a big thing for us to go pick out and cut down our own tree, but I think it's just too much to deal with having a new baby.

27. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

1. How far along today? 17+5
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? Due 12/21, and like everyone else, would love to stay as far from Christmas as possible! Around 12/10 would be great.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Team Green! I've been kind of feeling like it's a girl, but I was convinced our daughter was a boy the whole time, so I told DH not to trust my judgement haha.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? I hate any maternity pants/shorts that DON'T have the full belly panel. The shorter ones just hit at an awkward spot and hurt and/or don't stay up. So annoying. Finally caved and wearing maternity pants today! I had been holding out just doing unbuttoned pants with belly bands, but it's definitely time to make the switch.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? DD will only be 20 months, so we're getting a second crib and some sort of chair for the nursery. Will also need a second monitor, a few bottles, and clothes (even if it's another girl, they'll be opposite seasons, unfortunately.) We got ALL the baby stuff with DD and pretty much everything gender neutral since we were team green with her too, so we don't need too much besides setting up the new nursery!

28. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@Littlebit7: I LOVE my Spectra. You won't be disappointed!

@Eko: I hadn't even thought about that! We like to cut down our own tree too, but not sure if I'll be up for that at 37w...not to mention all the cleanup with a newborn. Might go low-key this year and do a small fake one.

29. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Eko: I was just talking about this with a friend. I loooove going to cut one down in the Hudson valley but that might not be feasible. Plus we now have a land of nod kids table where our tree once stood...hmm. we might just get a table top tree this year and have it be DDs tree. Something special just for her as the baby's arrival approaches.

30. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@MrsTal: We have a little two bedroom house, so we are converting the second bedroom into a nursery. Darker blue/gray walls, an ivory and pink rug, pink and white wide vertical stripe curtains, and espresso wood furniture. Going to get floral name art in a gold frame over her crib. Tan glider and bedding. Very girly but not princess-y. I'm excited to see it come together!

1. How far along today? 16w6d
    2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick? Going to add another to the early enough to avoid Christmas but late enough to be term! My scan is not till 21w (I KNOW) and I'm just itching to see how she's measuring. She was behind early on and I am just praying we don't roll over into January for insurance reasons.
    3. Gut feeling on boy or girl? Will you find out? Everyone's gut feelings were girls, and they were right.
    4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most? Meh, I'm just wearing whatever I can handle to be the least uncomfortable from day to day. I got some non-maternity work clothes just sized up because I was starting to feel sloppy.
    5. What baby gear item will you start researching or purchase first? We're really struggling to pick a stroller. Thinking we'll do a travel system and we've read Lucie's list and all the reviews. Maybe leaning towards a Britax B-Agile or a Graco Modes Lite? Pretty sure we want a LILLEbaby carrier and a Snuggabunny, but other than that, for like a monitor or... I don't even know what gear we're supposed to pick... I have no idea.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: that sounds really cute!

@Eko: We just buy a tree and do lights and some decorations around the house. Not sure if we will do outside lights as last ear was the first year we did and we had a much smaller house. But other than that we're planning on business as usual.

32. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@starchild: @Eko: We have a Lillebaby and we love it.

I'm huge into Christmas, plus I want to try very very hard to make sure that the season and the holiday itself still feel special for DD and everything doesn't get eclipsed by DS, so my approach is we are decorating if it kills us. Fortunately we're fake-tree people so at least that part is easy.

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: similar approach and now that we've moved into a home with enough storage I think we're going to become fake tree people too! So much less work, and less vacuuming! We took the same kind of approach with baby #2, that the baby had to mostly go with the existing commitments, etc., and dd did well and I avoided PPD. So that's the plan.

34. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

1. How far along today?

20 weeks

2. If you could pick your delivery date what would you pick?

I'm pretty happy anywhere the first week of December. If forced to pick, December 1st works for me! My birthday is the 8th, so it'd give us some spacing on birthdays.

3. Gut feeling on boy or girl?

I thought boy all along, and we were right!

4. What maternity clothing style do you love/hate the most?

Maternity swimsuits. Every single one I find in my area are so ugly and I'm personally not a fan of tankinis. I ended up buying an extra large one piece instead for this Summer and it's working so far.

Our first big purchase this week will be a dresser for the nursery. I am researching which pump for this time around . I had the Ameda pump and it was just OK, but I've heard great things about Spectra!

35. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Eko: We are fake tree people in our house. We usually decorate early thanks to DH's job (he's usually gone over Christmas), so my plan is to put up at least the tree and outside decorations Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully by the time Christmas rolls around I'll be feeling pretty good and can do our Christmas pj boxes and some inside decorating I like to do for the holidays.

36. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

We might become fake tree converts (at least temporary ones) this Christmas!!

37. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Tanjowen: ummmmm Thanksgiving weekend is prime Christmas decorating weekend! (Baby or not haha)

38. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Thanks everyone for the input!! I think what I decide will all depend on how this pregnancy goes.

Is it so terrible, but I am already over being pregnant. Chasing a toddler and feeling crummy is no fun. The baby seems to be sitting higher than my son did and I am starting to understand all the complaints about the ribs. I know she's not big yet, but it's already uncomfortable.

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: Welcome to the dark side.

Anyone else's doctor already order the GD test? I feel like it's way early but she gave me both second trimester blood work and GD test sheets to bring to the lab. This new dr is the only one I've had that doesn't just draw the blood in office. I also have my anatomy scan booked for 8/8, which is exciting. My old OB also did those in office, a specialist was at their office once a week and just did US all day. Hopefully everything is ok in there! I feel way behind those of you who already had it done, haha.

40. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: My Dr does the Gd test at 27w. My anatomy scan is 8/1 so I am in the same boat. But we are taking up the rear of the month. Also God bless you running around after two kids! I'm dying this week. My little guy officially hit terrible twos

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee