Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Tanjowen: Aw yay! I can't wait till it's a bump and not "shouldn't have gone back to the buffet for that fifth helping" look. Hope you can sleep better soon. I have a similar routine as @Littlebit7: , also for years of sleep problems -- benadryl, white noise, limit lights before bed, routine, etc. It works sometimes better than others but I do it anyway.

@2littlepumpkins: Not vain! It's part of who you are as a person. I am showing at 13w5d and it's my first lol.

@Eko: Bless. A reno and pregnant, good luck! It's exciting too, though.

@MrsTal: I blame Pinterest for all that, but it's so cute and fun to think about! Hopefully the latest sick was a fluke and you're on your way to feeling much better!

2. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

The nurse called with the results of our DNA test today and I cried with joy on the phone when she said everything came back good! This was my "thing" that I was completely illogically terrified of, maybe even moreso than early miscarriage.

Then I asked her to call me back and leave the sex in a message so that DH and I can listen to it together when we are both home from work tonight. And now I'm bouncing off the walls; he should be home any minute now!!!!

In the meantime, my nausea continues to subside though I did get sick randomly. Exhaustion still there, but probably compounded by not sleeping well either. Work stress + heat wave = bad sleep. My back is starting to bother me, but I have hypermobility issues and I think the ligament loosening in my hips is throwing me out of any kind of alignment, which was already "off" compared to most people. Hoping it doesn't get too much worse but assuming it will since this isn't even baby pressure yet.

3. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@starchild: congrats. It's a great feeling. Such a sigh of relief.

4. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: congrats!! 😊 We moved this weekend in the heat and our ac is out so we got some portable ones but oh my gosh is it HOT. Do you notice feeling more nauseous when it's hot? I noticed it first when taking longer showers but this weather also makes me feel bleh.

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsTal: that's pretty funny. I contemplated doing a gender reveal but my energy just feels spent.

@starchild: I completely agree that I cannot wait until this looks like a bump and not a gut. Forgot how annoying this stage is. Also, you have to let us know what the gender is!!! I had some back pain last weekend, so excruciating painful, and it ended up being pulled muscles because I walked too much, which is odd since I'm an active person. Hope it doesn't get worse for you!

6. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: congratulations!!!

8. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Littlebit7: @starchild: Thanks for the advice, and my doctor also suggested benadryl. I'm very bad about screen time before bedtime, so implementing some of this tonight and taking a benadryl and fingers crossed for a good night's sleep!

@starchild: Congrats! And such a big feeling of relief for sure!

@MrsTal: Oh man, the gagging while brushing your teeth is the worst! Did that a few times with LO #1, but so far not with this pregnancy (knock on wood).

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: congrats on your !! The girls are catching up.

10. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I'm officially in the 2nd trimester today. Not a huge comfort since I'm anticipating I will get a few more weeks of exhaustion just like I did last time. At least the nausea isn't nearly as bad with this pregnancy as it was with my first. I'm really, really ready to be done with this awful fatigue though.

It does help that DD is being really adorable about anticipating DS' arrival, though. A couple days ago she was looking through a box of hand-me-down clothes for DS and she got excited when she realized what they're for, and ran over and shoved three newborn onesies up underneath my shirt. You know, to give them to the baby.

11. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@PawPrints: oh my gosh, that's so cute!! My DD is only 14 months, but I keep talking to her about the baby in my tummy. I just get a blank stare of course, because she can't really talk yet lol. But I like to think she might be understanding a tiny bit.

12. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: aw, sweet!!

We haven't really seriously talked to our LOs about it yet. Our son is too young (20m) to understand anyway, but our dd (4.5) kind of gets that we're planning on another but doesn't know it's really happening.

13. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@PawPrints: super cute!

D'S (25 months) associates the word baby with my belly but that's about it. He then lifts up my first and proceeds to stick his finger in my belly button

14. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@PawPrints: That's adorable!!!!!

@Eko: He has the right idea!

15. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

Is anyone feeling movement yet? (I'm due towards the end of the month so I'm sure some of you earlier ladies are)

16. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@Littlebit7: Yes! It's so fun! I'm 16 weeks and have been feeling movement for sure for about a week now, but I thought I did for a week or so before that. This is my second, so I know exactly where/what it feels like, so it's easier. My first I felt around 17 weeks.

17. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Littlebit7: I just came to post about movement! We had definite kicks today at 18 weeks that even DH could feel. I didn't feel our first LO move until after 20 weeks so it's fun to feel it this much earlier for me!

18. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@kayla0416: I feel things that I *think* are movements. But are few and far between. With my first I don't think I felt much until 18 or 19 weeks...maybe even 20. Can't recall. I'm almost 16 now.
    @Tanjowen: so exciting!

19. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I felt a wiggle a couple of days ago but nothing since then.

20. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

Aw yay! I don't expect to feel any for a bit yet, just 16w tomorrow.

Anyone else nursery planning yet? We bought our first item -- a pink and ivory traditional rug -- and I'm itching to get it painted and move furniture in. We have the main idea picked out but still trying to decide on which crib and stuff like that. Plenty of time, I know, but it's fun.

21. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: Yes! My MIL is making curtains, bedding and changing pad covers in our color scheme for us. Still on the hunt for a rug and planning to purchase the dresser next month.

I love the description of your rug, sounds so pretty!

22. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

Update: yep it's def the baby moving around. Not gas. Haha
    Good appt the other day; heartbeat strong. Although I have to start gaining some weight...I'll be 17 weeks soon and haven't gained a pound. I feel like I've really been eating extra too. Hmmm
    @starchild: we are trying to figure out where to put LO #2. Maybe our master closet after we stop sidecarring the bassinet. But we aren't sure if we are going to move. I've purchased a few "boy" things clothing/accessory wise but I'm really trying my best to hold off until the anatomy exam.

23. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Tanjowen: That'll be so cute with everything matching. So nice to have them handmade by grandma too.

@Littlebit7: Yay for a good appointment! Logistics are hard. We're converting what is now the guest room, but we are talking about moving -- just a matter of timing and deciding to where is the big thing. It's hard to hold off buying the cute stuff, though. I tease my MIL about it because she already has multiple goodie bags for the baby, but I did buy the rug already so I can't really talk ha.

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Littlebit7: congrats on a good appointment!!

@Tanjowen: That's really awesome that your MIL is making that stuff. I made a crib skirt for DS, but not sure if I will have any time / patience for that this time around.

I started buying some clothes while there was a sale during the fourth of July. We are still house renovating so no actual nursery planning yet, but I do have a theme picked out. I have to decorate my room, decorate DS toddler room, then do the nursery. Should be enough to fuel my nesting urge. haha.

I've had a lot of belly aches lately. Lots of tightness, cramping, twinges, etc. Hard to distinguish if any of it is baby movements. Drinking lots of water and hoping it helps.

25. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: we were just talking about how we want to do the rooms set up. Our older two are attached and want to keep sharing for now and even though we have a four bedroom home we are actually thinking of making one room be all their room!! Spare twin bed and pnp next door in the other spare room. It's just easier, plus we think maybe our son (1.5) is happier to go to bed and can sleep through some stuff because he has room shared most of his life either with us or dd. Eventually they'll all be on their own but they seem happy together now... just can't decide!

As for me I switched OBs, and because of that got a quick ultrasound which was exciting not having peeked since six weeks, still nauseous at times and if I miss my diclegis the night before, but doing ok, much more active and eating better. I know this sounds terrible but I'm already over being pregnant!! I've never been one of those women that loves it. I love my kids but pregnancy, as amazing as it is, is just not my fave. I miss raw fish and alcohol. 😂

26. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@2littlepumpkins: ah so your son and daughter share a room? I'm considering that...what age did you put them in a room together? The age gap of ours will be almost three years.

27. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: I think about six months! Dd didn't sttn until closer to 18 months too. But dd only had issues if ds cried on and on. And we never even tried CIO/training. Ours are 3 years and almost a month apart.

Edit to add and before that we slept in the loft at our old place and they had their own rooms a couple months and before that ds was with us and we spent his 2nd and 3rd months traveling (staying out of town with my parents that is!)

28. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

We moved into a 4-bedroom house right before we got pregnant so DS will definitely have his own room; our only issue is that his bedroom is right next to the kitchen and living room so I'm a little worried about noise. I'm wondering if maybe once he's old enough to sleep through the night (so it would be okay for us to have him a little farther away from our bedroom) we might swap his room with the guest room so he could be in the basement where DD's room is. It's so cool and quiet down there, perfect for kids.

DS' nursery is still a giant pile of crap from when we moved! I have a lot of random items for him in there though, including epic tons of secondhand boy clothes my friends have unloaded on me, plus a gorgeous huge original painting inspired by a Miyazaki film that I scored on Buy Nothing. I'm going to use it as the centerpiece/inspiration for the nursery decor once I can get moving on that. That will have to wait until this exhaustion goes away though. 16 weeks and I'm still so so tired. Still, thanking god my nausea has been a million times better with this pregnancy than it was with DD.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@PawPrints: our old apartment D'S room was directly off the kitchen. While he is a good sleeper (Slept through a fire alarm going off for an hour), on nights he would have a rough night we tried not to make any noise in the kitchen. It became annoying after a while.

30. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

I kinda thought it would be fun to start some bump pics!! Here's mine 15w.

31. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

Here is from Saturday at 16+2.

32. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Not terrible! This is my first and while the thought of the baby herself makes me happy, pregnancy itself is not exactly enjoyable. The discomfort from one phase passes and some new pain or change starts.

@kayla0416: @Eko: Looking good, ladies!

33. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Eko: @kayla0416: You guys looks great!

Here's my almost 20 week bump. I feel ridiculously large already

34. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@kayla0416: looking good!!

@Tanjowen: I feel the same way! You don't look large at all and are looking awesome! Second time around is supposed to be like this I guess wah wah

35. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Can someone take me off the list - I forgot to say back in midMay I miscarried. It was so sad but DH and I coped with it and are back to trying this month. Best of luck to everyone with your future babies!

36. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@MrsJBeeG: so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.

37. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Littlebit7: thank you so much. I am in the middle of the tww with sore boobs, some cramping and increasing nausea so I'm very hopeful about an end of March baby. Of course it could still be hormones settling down - i won't know for a week but I am hoping for a rainbow baby.

38. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I've been through the MC process. It devastated me/us more than I could have ever imagined, but after a few months, my pregnancy stuck and we have our rainbow baby. She's just over two now. to you!

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I think I saw that and took you off but didn't want to contact you and end up making you feel worse. So sorry for your loss. Best of wishes for this cycle, we are rooting for you here.

40. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@MrsJBeeG: So sorry. Best wishes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee