Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Glad to see so many good appointments! I'm sort of curious how offices tell you results. Like they just call you to say 'you're having a boy/girl!' Then you have to tell DH after?

2. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Eko: for our last one in took the call at work. It was a little anticlimactic tbh. I then called DH (he was at a baseball game for work) and told him. I couldn't hold it in!
    This time we will likely be on vacation when we get the call from the doc. So that will be exciting!

Eta: I should also add that the true point of the test isn't to determine sex...it's to discover genetic abnormalities. I have to remind myself of this often. Finding out the sex is a perk, but it actually screens for pretty serious stuff.

3. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Eko: They asked if I wanted to find out via MyChart message or via phone, and said some people want the phone so they can try to be together. I have no idea how we'd ever be together since we both work during the hours when they might call, so I just said I'll find out from MyChart. I figure it'll be faster. And yeah I'll probably find out at work and tell DH after.

4. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: @PawPrints: I was wondering this too! You would think if they wanted to be together you would choose online because you can just open it when you're together? If that's an option we might do that. I guess I find out today if I'm going to even get to find out early!

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Well, just got done with my appt and after my OB told me she was 0 for 2 with the Doppler for 10-12 weeks today (had to do ultrasounds) she found it instantly! Not sure what the rate was but it was nice and strong. 😊 The Dr will call in 7-10 business days with the results from the NIPT! Including the sex.

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: awesome!

I think if they call I am going to make sure everything is ok over the phone, but ask them to call back and leave a voicemail about gender so DH and I can listen together

7. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: I never thought of asking for that! I feel like the chance of miscarriage is still there but pretty low now so when these blood results come in I am giving myself permission to be excited. I know, I know, such a negative Nancy!

8. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Eko: that's a great idea!

9. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

Baby #2 Is a boy!!!

I'm very excited. I think both of us may have a teeny bit of sadness to never experience a baby girl, but I'm super excited at the thought of my 2 little guys growing up together.

And he is healthy and all looks great. I was carrying more weight on my shoulders than I think I realized until today.

Can't wait to see what everyone is having in December!!

10. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Tanjowen: congrats!!

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: congratulations!!!

Two little boys is going to be so much fun I bet!! 😍

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: congrats!!!!

13. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@PawPrints: Soooon!

@Littlebit7: Such good news! Hopefully it continues and you find out sex soon

@2littlepumpkins: Good news!

@Tanjowen: December babies on a roll here! Yay!

14. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I missed this earlier, congrats on a great appointment and so glad you got to hear the heartbeat!

15. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

So I know I can be really type-A about things, and I love spreadsheets and lists. I already have a four tab spreadsheet with girls name list, girl combos lists, boy name list, and boy combos lists. The individual name lists also note the names' meanings and popularity ranks. It's mostly just a fun distraction for now, but I am simultaneously very excited and very nervous to actually NAME a little person. I think moreso than finding out the sex, this is what I'm looking forward to thinking about the baby as a real person; finding out sex is just enabling this.

Anybody else already debating names?

16. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: You are a person after my own heart. I LOVE lists, haha. We struggled so much to name our first child and couldn't agree on a name until 24 weeks, when my mom had a dream about what we named him and we both liked it! Amazingly enough, this time we both agreed right away on boy and girl names, so we have our name already!

Good luck on your search - it is fun, and I agree that it does, at least for me, make it seem that much more real to talk to and about your little one by name!

17. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Tanjowen: That's so cute! We mostly agree, but it feels like a big responsibility.

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: @Tanjowen: thanks we are breathing a sigh of relief for now but nervously awaiting the results!

As for names we are starting to compile lists but it'll be more fun when we know the sex. We have a short and difficult to work with last name so it's always a struggle!!

19. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

We have settled on a girls name, but are completely at a loss for boy names. I think we will get more serious about a boys name if we find out we are having a boy.

What names / top names have people settled on??

20. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Eko: We're still casting a wide net, but if I had to choose my favorites, they'd be: Margot, Beatrice, Rosalind, Cecilia, Sylvia, Camille, Henry, Theodore, Peter, Benjamin, James, Conrad, and George. Trying to stay away from some of the more popular names but it's harder with boys! My husband hasn't picked his top faves yet from the longer lists, but these are mostly approved already. We won't narrow it down till we find out sex and then pick from there.

21. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Eko: Top names for a boy were Levi, Jameson, and Ethan. For a girl we always knew we would name her Emily. We chose the "E" name above for our little boy

I have a name people struggle with, so my rule for my kid's names is that they have to be easy to spell and pronounce.

22. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: I like Theodore! My Only hesitation is that it reminds me too much of the chipmunks lol.

@Tanjowen: Levi was on my short list but DH isn't very fond of it.

The girl names we came up with were Evelyn and Jane. Evelyn was our girl name the first round, but we settled on the later since it is a family name. For boys our short list is Desmond and Regan. Desmond is my favorite but DH isn't sold so we will see how that goes.

23. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Tanjowen: one of my best friends is an Emily! I like Ethan too.

@Eko: Evelyn and Jane are both lovely, but oh I love Desmond. DH is not on board for our list but I hope you can win yours over!

All good options here!

We want names that are classic and easy to recognize but not popular. Our last name is easy to pronounce but spelled differently than the common way so it is always messed up so we don't want too different either. As someone with a top 3 name for my generation, I can't do super common. I don't even care about being unique or anything, but I'm a twin so the whole not having your own identity thing was always really salient to me.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: @Tanjowen: @starchild: I like pretty much all of those!

As for us, our current favorites which very well might change are
    Girls: Evelina/Eva (different names but I like one and dh likes be other), Sydney, Josephine nn Josie
    Boys: Milo, Elias, Ethan (our second choice last time), and Carter

I'll delete this in a little while but our older two are -removed-.

25. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Josephine/Josie makes me swoon! It would be top 5 for me but it's off our list due to a specific person unfortunately. All great choices you have, though!

26. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@starchild: Names are the hardest. It's the only decision you make during pregnancy that has ramifications for 8+ decades! I also have a 4-tab spreadsheet left over from DD. We did settle on a boy name back during my first pregnancy but aren't 100% sure we will pull the trigger on it; I am likely to keep doing research and pondering until the last minute again.

Oh yeah, update from me... our little girl is getting a baby brother!

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@PawPrints: congratulations!!! Boys are a lot of fun.

28. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: Thanks, we have a hard time agreeing. There are quite a few names we had to leave off for references, lol. We've also always loved Annabelle but it doesn't go with our last name.

@PawPrints: congrats!! Our first two are the same and they are super sweet together! We also decided at the hospital!

29. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

It's a....
    Boy!
    We are thrilled. DH is ecstatic. our gal is getting a baby brother as well!

30. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Littlebit7: congrats! So many Boys here already!

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: congrats!!

@Eko: really! I'm pretty much expecting a boy now!

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: it's funny because I'm thinking the opposite! I'm like ok someone has to be having a girl!

33. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Littlebit7: Congrats! What's your age gap going to be?

34. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: yeah that makes sense! Truth be told I am kind of hoping, in terms of how I *think* the kids might get along, for this one to be a girl (and maybe that's why I'm expecting a boy.). Don't get me wrong I am having SO much fun as a boy mama, and I think we have a boy name, it has nothing to do with really preferring a gender... but I'm worried my oldest will be left out if there's two close in age boys behind her, whereas with my sons personality I don't see that happening if we have a girl. But really it all doesn't tell you much at this point, anyway. Sorry that was kind of long!

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2-tramdoof (#1)
    4-Run2shore (#2 & #3)
    5-Tanjowen (#2)
    9- MrsTal (#2 & #3)
    21- kayla0416 (#2)
    23-littlebit7 (#2)
    26-MrsJBeeG (#1), PawPrints (#2)
    27-starchild (#1)
    30-Eko (#2)
    31-2littlepumpkins (#3)

Upcoming appointments
    6/13- starchild
    6/19- kayla0416
    6/28- Tanjowen
    7/10- 2littlepumpkins

36. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@PawPrints: thanks! Hmm about 21 months.

37. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

First and best, heartbeat was 156 today on the doppler! So definitely a great appointment just based on that, but it ended up being kind of stressful. I asked about first tri screening and my doc said they don't normally do any other than wait for quad screen. I need to know these things, so we talked through options. He was worried we wouldn't even be able to get in to the office that does NT, so we just went ahead and did DNA today. We're lower risk so mostly just want the reassurance (and holding my breath that it really is the cost he quoted us too) but that's a huge deal to me, so fingers crossed all around. Just so happy to hear the little gushing heart sound today!!!!!

@2littlepumpkins: I'm the same way -- I kind of expect a boy mostly because everyone else I know thinks it's going to be a girl and I need to have some balance. My closest friends are 5-2 girls right now, so it seems like someone in my circle needs to balance out the ratio more lol. Guess we'll know soon enough!

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: Where are you? That seems out of the ordinary, but all of my pregnancies have been in California, so maybe it's different elsewhere? I know my friends/family all around the west coast have all had NT or NIPT too! Glad you got to hear the heartbeat!

39. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm from the Northeast and most of my friends are scattered around larger metro areas so at least an NT scan seemed a matter of course. We currently are in a smaller metro in the mid-"South" that is a little more behind apparently. He was very nice about it and wanted to make sure we had all the info on what they do and why they don't do other stuff, but made me feel like a weirdo for asking. We talked through our thoughts and questions, and he did recommend the DNA to us based on what we said, so it wasn't like we had to fight for it, but it was definitely awkward to feel like we were pushing for something they don't do. They are all about birthing plans and bringing in midwives or doulas if you want so I thought they were a little more up to date. Oh well, at least it's done.

40. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@Starchild I am so interested in how different offices have such different norms. The NT and a genetic counselor consult was pretty much an opt-out as opposed to an opt-in for us, and we are low risk across the board. But good for you for advocating for yourself regardless of expectations!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee