Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

Had my appointment yesterday and met my midwife that will be part of the team, and I really liked her a lot. I also got to hear a good strong little heartbeat, and this is all starting to finally feel real to me!

My next appointment is 6/28. We will know the gender next week! We will see if my son is right, and if it's a "little sister."

How's everyone doing?

2. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Tanjowen: That's so exciting! Good news all around.

Cannot waaaaait to find out the sex so I can start imagining more of a baby and less of a generic it. And getting more serious about a name, not that we don't have a spreadsheet already....

3. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: great appt! Do you have a preference? With my second I kind of wanted a boy (had a girl first) but I also always thought it would be fun to have a sister in our household so I kind of wanted same gender kids too, lol. So exciting someone in our group is finding out soon!!

4. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Tanjowen: how far along are you? I go next week and I'll be 11 weeks...I can't remember when they started to be able to hear a heartbeat with a Doppler....I'm reaaallllly hoping I get to hear it because we go on vacation with alllll of DHs family the following week and I want to feel confident that this one is sticky before I (have to) tell them.

5. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: Thank you! And good luck on the name search! We somehow have managed to agree on names for either sex, which I'm relieved because it took us forever to come up with my son's name.

@2littlepumpkins: My husband really wants a little girl, but I'm okay either way. I love the thought of 2 little boys growing up together!

@Littlebit7: I'm 13 weeks. She told me usually close to 12 weeks they can pick up the heartbeat with a doppler, so hopefully you are close enough they can!

6. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: we heard it at about 11 weeks with both my previous pregnancies I think! We're trying at 10w4d this time but it may be too early...we'll see.

7. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Is anyone else gaining weight? I've previously lost weight in the first trimester but this time my nausea is helped a little with eating and I keep craving unhealthy foods. I think I've gained 1-2 lbs and I'm only 9.5 weeks. Not taking it TOO seriously because I go up and down a couple pounds often but nervous because I can't just try to lose it the way I usually would.

8. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @Tanjowen: ahh thanks!
    Hopefully they can hear something.
    When I had my last ultrasound the tech said a full bladder was better. But I don't know if that holds true for a Doppler.

9. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Littlebit7: Full bladder is for ultrasound, I don't think it matters for the Doppler. I thought you could usually hear a heartbeat by 9-10 weeks? I heard it loud and clear yesterday at my 10w1d appointment, which was wonderful.

I did the blood test yesterday so I will also find out sex in about a week. Cannot wait.

@2littlepumpkins: I also lost weight in 1st tri last time and it's not going to happen this time since I'm being much more proactive about staying full to keep nausea at bay, and also I'm just SO HUNGRY with this pregnancy. Not really worried about it though, weight gain isn't a big deal.

10. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I've gained 5 lbs in the first trimester. The midwife seemed pretty happy with that! I definitely think I'll gain more this pregnancy, because as @PawPrints: said, I'm eating constantly and so hungry all the time!!

11. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

Howwww????? The more I eat, the more nauseous I get. I'm so jealous of you ladies! I'm hungry all the time but I can only eat little meals and small snacks, less than I ate before, and it's just terrible on the days I work out. I'm tracking to be down weight. I troll Pinterest recipes all the time daydreaming about food, ugh.

12. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: @Tanjowen: so glad it's not just me! I remember during my first pregnancy one month I gained an extra pound and my (old) doctor brought it up so now I'm feeling like I'm going to be "in trouble," lol!

@starchild: I have no idea, pregnancy is weird!! 😂 I have only been able to be mostly functional in the past couple days so good for you that you're still working out through this! It's weird, because things like reading menus and being in a grocery store make me feel gross and gaggy but actually eating certain foods makes me feel a little better. It sucks though because a lot of the foods I'm also craving are not low FODMAP foods and for some reason the pregnancy hormones make my GI issues worse and I need to be back on that. I reeeeeally want to eat nectarines!

13. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Eh, it was like once every 10 days for a few weeks there, and I spent Sunday entirely on the couch and puking unfortunately. It's hit or miss. I was able to go to the gym twice this week which made me feel so much better! I worked out a lot before pregnancy so that has been a huge adjustment.

What you described about thinking about certain foods is exactly how I feel, too. But then others are good. And some foods that repulse me now were favorites before. Oh, bacon, how I miss you. That sucks so much about the GI complications! I've also been craving really watery fruits. I basically eat whatever I am in the mood for because it's so hard to plan what won't make me gag when it's time to actually eat it.

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: That's exciting!! Can't wait to see what everyone is having.

@starchild: I am right there with you. It's really hard to keep thinking I am having a second baby. We are crazy stuck on boy names so I am hoping this is a girl so I don't actually have to decide.

@2littlepumpkins: I've gained a few pounds this pregnancy, but I am constantly all over the place. Like everyone else, I am always hungry and eating helps the nausea. I am having lots of food aversions too, so it's a weird mix. I gained 5 lbs. with my first.

15. Run2shore

cherry / 100 posts

I have been completely absent from posting, things have just been crazy!

I had my 13 week appointment this week and we did Mat 21 as well as nuchal screen. Everything came back normal! It was so cool seeing the babies look like actual babies on the ultrasound.

We debated about finding out gender (we didnt find out with our first, a daughter). Because we are having twins midwife explained the only way we would definitively know gender at this point was if we were having two girls, otherwise, we would only know that there was at least one boy. Well, we caved and found out we are having at least one boy! Over the moon excited.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to being out of the first trimester. Ive tried to keep up exercise. The exhaustion and nausea seems to have subsided. But as others have said, I am SO hungry but cant actually stomach that much. Trying to get better with my vegetables.

16. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@Tanjowen: I was able to find a heartbeat in about 2 minutes with my home doppler a few days ago at 10+5! So I think you'd be safe at 11 weeks with a pro doing it!!

I've been struggling with eating enough too! I'm starving but when it comes to eating something, everything sounds awful. I force myself to eat food because I know I need the calories. I've been eating a lot of pb&j, chicken noodle soup, and mac n cheese...nnnnnnnnot the most healthy, but that's what prenatals are for, right? Can't wait til I actually crave food and enjoy eating it again.

17. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Run2shore: Yay that's so exciting! Congrats on finding out!

@Run2shore: @kayla0416: I am so right there with you. I go back and forth between wanting cheesy carbs for every meal and trying to be healthy. Steam bags of "California blend" are my veggie saving grace these days!

Oh and for some reason I want alllllll the seafood. I've always liked it, but never like wanted to seek it out multiple times a week. I'm limiting myself to once a week and mostly shellfish for now!

What are your weirdest cravings so far?

18. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@starchild: coconut (had that during the last pregnancy too), pancakes with butter, any berries. And eggs. But the eggs really just help keep the nausea away in the morning.

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: Hopefully your days like Saturday start to diminish soon! The GI stuff is kind of scary for me because a lot of what I experience are cramps that feel like period cramps. So then of course I think I'm miscarrying or something. Ugh first trimester is tough.

@Run2shore: Congratulations on a good appointment and a !!

@starchild: Jamba Juice! I hadn't had it in years and started craving it!

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Run2shore: congrats on the good appointment! And for our groups first

@2littlepumpkins: ahhhhh Jamba Juice sounds so good right now.

I been craving soup. Particularly chinese soup. The noodles help the nausea and ive had major food aversion to chicken, so that has lots of pork. I think it's because of the salt. I had it too with my first pregnancy.

21. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: Citrus fruit. I'm usually a big fan of bananas and strawberries, but lately all I want are clementines and pineapple. And chicken noodle soup, but it HAS to be Campbell's homestyle.

22. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

These allll sound so good!

@Littlebit7: I love eggs so much. That's not terribly different than pre-pregnancy at least!
    @2littlepumpkins: That is so stressful, I'm sorry. Hopefully the cramps stop soon! Enjoy the Jamba Juices!
    @Eko: Agree, I want all the ramen! Salty, noodley, brothy goodness please!
    @Tanjowen: Watermelon and pineapple are my go to morning snack now. Mmmmm!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I have finally hit 10 weeks (yesterday) and am now googling "chances of (missed) miscarriage" ahead of my appointment in a couple days. There's nothing worrying can accomplish so hopefully I can get through the next couple days without acting too crazy. I know we're doing NIPT that day and I am wondering if I'll get to know the gender early too!! Never did NIPT last time and not sure exactly which test this doctor does.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2-tramdoof (#1)
    4-Run2shore (#2&#3)
    5-Tanjowen (#2)
    9- MrsTal (#2&#3)
    21- kayla0416 (#2)
    23-littlebit7 (#2)
    26-MrsJBeeG (#1), PawPrints (#2)
    27-starchild (#1)
    30-Eko (#2)
    31-2littlepumpkins (#3)

Upcoming appointments
    6/8- 2littlepumpkins
    6/13- starchild
    6/19- kayla0416
    6/28- Tanjowen

25. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thank you for doing the list!

Hi all! I haven't been around much, this pregnancy has been super hard and I've been constantly worried we are going to lose one or both of the twins. We had our first appointment with Maternal Fetal Medicine today and I think I'm finally starting to be able to be excited! We saw both babies for the NT scan and it took over 45 minutes for the sonographer to get the measurements she needed! Both babies were being very uncooperative, haha! We did see a potty shot of baby B and I believe we saw a penis (but no one would confirm of course! grr). Now it's driving me nuts because we didn't see one of baby A so I'm trying to convince DH we should do an elective US this weekend to find out the sex It's ridiculous, I think if I hadn't seen baby B I wouldn't care so much and I'd be able to wait but now I need to know!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: sorry you're having a rough time. You're in the second trimester now right? Hope you get good results and can get excited! Would an elective u/s be accurate yet?

27. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm officially in the second trip now, which seems crazy. This pregnancy is going way faster than my first. I'm still pretty sick though, I blame it on two babies. There's an elective place nearby that guarantees sex determination at 14 weeks which would be Saturday. With DS we did it at 16 weeks and it was very obvious, haha. I think they'd be able to tell.

28. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@Mrstal I totally feel you about just wanting to know. I really think I would have waited for the anatomy scan, but my husband I will be in Europe for my 18-19.5 weeks, so I made an appointment today at an elective ultrasound place for the Sunday we get there, so we can find out with all out family and friends in Scotland. I just couldn't wait till we were back in the US. It actually wasn't badly priced GPB 35, which is about $45. Anyway, what I mean is you do you! You are carrying two babies, do what makes you happy!

29. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I thought the fetal DNA test (with sex ID) was getting to be commonplace everywhere? My midwifery practice redid their testing brochure since I had my first kid in 2015 to basically present it like DNA testing is the default now. I figured everybody was finding out the sex at 11-12 weeks now!

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: my older 2 are 2012 and 2015 and I've only ever had NT scan and accompanying blood work. This is my first time getting the blood test. Hopefully the ins covers finding out the sex as part of it. ETA, I'm at a different OB now but anyway I guess as it gets cheaper and more reliable more and more are doing it! Happy about it for sure.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: eeeee do it! Hahaha

32. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@MrsTal: Yay for good appointments! I'd find out as early as ins would pay, go for it if you can!

Re: pregnancy going fast -- my friends all described it to me as your first pregnancy lasts approximately 2 years and subsequent pregnancies last just a few weeks!

33. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@PawPrints: I think it is more commonplace but it's not a guarantee that your insurance will cover it. I was just chatting with my doc about it today. Apparently if you aren't AMA there is a greater chance they won't cover it. Some practices have negotiated cash rates with the lab in the event your insurance doesn't cover it. this is the case in my practice. I had it done with my first (although I feel like I was more like 15/16 weeks). This time around they are doing it at 11/12 weeks!

34. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I scheduled it! Ahhh!!! We will find out Saturday

@PawPrints: it's not commonplace at my ob office unless you are AMA. Hopefully in a few more years it will be more readily available.

@tramdoof: that's the same price as the place we are going! I'm super excited that DH agreed to do it early.

@starchild: that really seems to be the case! One of my best friends is pregnant with her second and I swear she just told me but she's only got 3 month left.

35. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsTal: awesome that everything is going so well and excited to see what you are having!

@starchild: I was just thinking today about how quick everything is going by and I'm only at 10w! If I feel good I completely forget I'm pregnant.

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: yay!! Excited for you!

37. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

Phew! Good NT ultrasound today. HB was strong! I should get the results back of my panorama in the next few days (we are finding out the sex. I'm way too type A not to). Sloooooowly letting out the breath I've been holding since we found out!

38. Run2shore

cherry / 100 posts

@littlebit7 congrats! that is great. so happy the appointment went well.

@mrstal I can relate to the delayed excitement. I have also finally given myself permission to get excited. Thats wonderful that you get to find out sex on Saturday!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

39. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

My blood draw was last Wednesday so it's been a full week an I am so, so ready to get the results. I wish I knew how much longer it's going to be. At least one advantage of finding out via ultrasound is you know what date you'll know.

40. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: glad you had a good appointment!!

@PawPrints: hopefully it's soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee