Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: I think you're ok if you're at the end of the first trimester- I'm only 8 weeks. It's still all day but it's just less intense I guess? We should get a due date and an appointment list going soon. I thought I was crazy about the peeing thing- I've gotten up the past two nights and I thought this doesn't happen til a little later but I don't remember!!

2. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: after reading that back- I don't say that to be dismissive, just to say I think everything has a great chance of being totally normal!! Sorry it didn't come out the way I meant it.

3. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Didn't take it that way at all! I keep reading the same, that it's just I hit the end of the first trimester. So weird I cannot for the life of me remember any of this with my first.

And yes to a due date list! I feel like we are all either the very first of the month or the very end of the month.

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

I am hanging in there over here. I'm a little disappointed by my weight gain so far. Between the fatigue and nausea that is only tamed by eating doesn't help. Hoping I get on a better schedule when I get out of the first trimester. I'm already showing and it's crazy. I'm probably telling work in the next week because of it.

It feels weird too just thinking that at one point I won't be a family of 3. D'S is turning 2 next week so I'm a little nostalgic.

5. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

I am 12 weeks as of Saturday and so much is letting up, but this weekend we had undergraduate graduation (my husband is a university chaplain) and I threw a friend's baby shower. I had dessert at quite a few celebrations and each time about 30 minutes later I felt totally awful. I know it's too early for GD testing, but now I am being super cautious about sweets. I know its probably more correlation than causation, but jeez being pregnant can totally get inside your head. @starchild I am so happy your boss is so understanding! Being so sick is never easy, but being sick on your own couch instead of at your desk is a small relief. I hope it passes soon!

6. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Glad yours is letting up and the meds are doing their job. I'm on generic Reglan. It's been mostly better but on days when I don't get enough sleep, like last night, it's a double whammy of exhausted and then the nausea is stronger too.

@Eko: Happy birthday to your son! So many milestones happening. Hopefully the fatigue and nausea subside soon!

@tramdoof: Thank you! I was way overthinking telling him due to the newness and all. You're so right, it makes a huge difference to be comfortable. And it's not like I can make a mug of watered down chicken broth at work and getting dehydrated was not helping but when I feel like that drinking anything but chicken broth is repulsive to me. I also got to lie down at lunch time which helped a ton too.

Countdown is on! Our next appointment is June 13th, and I'll be 12w the next day. I'm trying to focus on mini milestone markers as we go and to stay positive! We're also keeping a diary together for the baby. I think I want to surprise my husband with a Happy Father's Day social media post as our announcement. Now I just need to figure out how to include our pup, something about her having to share him soon?

Anyone else planning their announcements yet?

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: There are some super cute announcements involving dogs.. Like watchdog duty starts x date.

I am probably not planning my own announcements until late June. My brother is having his first baby in July and they are having their baby shower until mid June. I don't want to try to steal her thunder or anything so I'm staying mum until after. When we find out gender we aren't telling anyone until after they have their baby (they are team green).

8. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I apologize for any errors or if I left anyone out! And add your next appointments if you feel like sharing.

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2-tramdoof (#1)
    4-Run2shore (#2&#3)
    5-Tanjowen (#2)
    9- MrsTal (#2&#3)
    23-littlebit7 (#2)
    26-MrsJBeeG (#1), PawPrints (#2)
    27-starchild (#1)
    28-kayla0416 (#2)
    30-chypmunk (#1), Eko (#2)
    31-2littlepumpkins (#3)

Upcoming appointments
    6/8- 2littlepumpkins
    6/13- starchild

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: same thing happened in my family when my last child was born. We announced a month after she gave birth to let them have their time in the spotlight. In the end I don't know that it really mattered but it felt like the right thing to do?

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thanks for putting the list together!!

11. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Squee! This is darling!

12. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

So is it bad to drink almost exclusively hot decaf green tea? I cannot handle water right now, and it's the only thing keeping me hydrated. I don't want anything cold really.

13. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@starchild: nope! I'm drinking that and lemon ginger tea

14. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Littlebit7: ooo that sounds good! I should pick up some lemon for variety.

15. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thanks for making a list! My next appointment is 5/31, my 12 week checkup.

@starchild: Nope, I'm having a hard time with water as well. I am craving ice cold milk!

@Littlebit7: Do you make your own lemon ginger tea or purchase it somewhere? That sounds so good.

16. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Tanjowen: purchase! Ain't nobody got time for that I'll look it up but I think its yogitea.

17. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Littlebit7: True! Haha. Thanks! I tried some Tazo hibiscus tea the other day and it was definitely not what I was craving.

18. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Tanjowen: update! It's Twinings lemon ginger tea!

19. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Congratulations ladies! I just saw this thread and since both my girls are December babies (12/4 and 12/20), want to wish all of you a happy and healthy 9 months

20. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Thanks so much for putting together a list! My date was moved to 12/21. That is my date by LMP and 12/28 is my date by O, but I was measuring a few days ahead of O date, and they only change from your period date if it's more than a week off. So we're sticking with 12/21 I guess! I just won't expect to go "early". My next appointment is 6/19.

How's everyone feeling?? I'm 10+1 and finally having a day here and there where I feel almost human again. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

21. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@snowjewelz: Thank you I think you were on my very first due-date thread; I was due on 12/21/14 but miscarried pretty early. It feels really funny to now have my second child due on 12/26/17, almost exactly three years later. Maybe I'm destined to have a Christmas baby.

22. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@PawPrints: Awww, yes! He/she will hopefully come a little earlier My 2nd wasn't due till 1/5 and decided to show up on 12/20... We always joke that she wanted to get Christmas gifts

23. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Littlebit7: Thanks! Definitely buying some to try it out.

@kayla0416: My son was born 12/21! Great birthday I'm 12 weeks and definitely happy to be in the 2nd trimester. No more nausea and not quite as tired. Glad you are having some good days!

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: feels official! 😊

@starchild: I think it sounds fine?? It's decaf.

@Tanjowen: @kayla0416: awesome, I'll edit tonight when I'm at a computer.

@kayla0416: having some better days and some worse. Definitely counting down the days til the twelve week mark!

25. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

We had our genetic counseling appointment and NT ultrasound today. Even though I am low risk and not AMA, my hospital has everyone go to make sure they are aware of the options. We opted to do the first-trimester screen because we knew it was covered by insurance and felt like it was fairly noninvasive. We passed on everything else but would reconsider if the blood test came back with any particular concern. The baby looked great. She/he was not very cooperative and the tech had trouble getting the baby into the right position for the measurements. They even had me do some downward dog in the exam room. I was ok with the extra time though because it meant we got to see more baby! It was particularly special because my parents were in town from the opposite coast and they got to see the baby too! This is their first grandchild. The tech got the pictures he needed though and mentioned right away that they were well below the range of concern, so we are quite happy!

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@tramdoof: awww!! congrats on the good results!! Too funny about the downward dog, I've never heard of that!

27. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@snowjewelz: Thank you!

@Tanjowen: Celestial seasonings lemon zinger is really good and lemony if you wanted to add your own ginger or forego it. I just picked up a box of decaf herbal variety medley!

@tramdoof: Fantastic news for good results, and it's so special your parents got to see the baby!

28. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@2littlepumpkins: please remove me from the list, I miscarried last night...

29. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@chypmunk: I'm so sorry

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@chypmunk: oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Will be thinking of you.

31. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@chypmunk: I am so very sorry

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@chypmunk: I am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you

33. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@chypmunk: so sorry to hear this

34. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

Thank you, I wish all of you the very best with your holiday miracles ❤

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Updated list. Sorry for the delay!

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2-tramdoof (#1)
    4-Run2shore (#2&#3)
    5-Tanjowen (#2)
    9- MrsTal (#2&#3)
    21- kayla0416 (#2)
    23-littlebit7 (#2)
    26-MrsJBeeG (#1), PawPrints (#2)
    27-starchild (#1)
    30-Eko (#2)
    31-2littlepumpkins (#3)

Upcoming appointments
    5/31- Tanjowen
    6/8- 2littlepumpkins
    6/13- starchild
    6/19- kayla0416

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@snowjewelz: Thank you!! I'm hoping I'll get to go a little early around 12/20, or not until my due date..but I have a feeling based on my second who was a week early that we may end up with an actual Christmas baby! My first was on her due date though, so we'll see!!

37. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

I kinda realized today that I may actually be mad if I go into 2018 with this baby. My health insurance restarts on the January 1 and I lose the tac benefit. Overall will cost me about 5k. I wonder if my doc will be kind to me and induce me for those reasons I may be a crazy person by the end of this.

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: Count me in on team crazy. We weren't sure we were going to ttc for a December baby and one of our reasons on the pro list was meeting our medical deductible/out of pocket max only in one year!!

39. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Eko: My doc said that assuming health first is fine, he's open to discussing waiting/inducing based on "what's best for the family" which includes finances! We got surprise news this month that my company is switching from a July-July year, which we planned the baby in, to a Jan-Jan year and to make it up they're going to run a short plan year this July-Dec. So I get to meet my deductible twice in 18 mos and I'm kinda screwed whether the baby waits or not.

40. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: Oh that's a real bummer. I am kinda hoping my doctor has a similar approach, but I also think I have a good chance of being early anyway.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee