Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@tramdoof:

OK, so he explained it as "around here, knowing doesn't really change anything about the course of most people's pregnancies, so we just don't bother with it. The tests are really expensive billed to insurance anyway and cause more stress with a false positive." I also live in a state with a 20w termination ban, so it's definitely a cultural thing around here.

2. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: ah, I see... well I'm glad you were able to get the test for peace of mind and that your doctor was so willing to work with you.

3. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

At the end of the day, though, hearing that little heartbeat was the best feeling!

4. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@starchild I pretty much cry every time I hear it. I had my regular OB appointment yesterday and the nurse asked me if it was my first baby. I'm like yes, but also completely convinced I would be the same way even if it was my fifth. Such a miracle!

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Between yesterday and today now I keep thinking my DD would be ok and it would be so sweet for this one to be a boy. I have problems!! 😂😂😂

@starchild: @tramdoof: I'm not much of a crier but it really is amazing! You just think of all the possibilities and that this baby has come into our lives at this time is something to think about!

6. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

I'm one of those laugh-criers. I look over at my husband who is grinning from ear to ear and getting teary turns into laughing. It's awesome.

@2littlepumpkins: Nothing wrong with that lol! It'll be wonderful no matter what.

7. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Got my blood drawn on the 8th so it's been at least 7 business days today (not sure if you count the day of.) Hoping we get results in the next couple days and that they are good!! The thing with the NT scan bs the NIPT is you see the baby that day and for me at least they always said whether things were looking good. We haven't had an US since six weeks and though I'm grateful we haven't needed one I'm now getting anxious to know everything is going ok!

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Got our results in today...

Everything looks good and we are having a girl!

9. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@Eko: Congrats! You called it, someone is going to have a girl.

10. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: Your intuition was right! Congrats!!

11. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2-tramdoof (#1)
    4-Run2shore (#2 & #3)
    5-Tanjowen (#2)
    9- MrsTal (#2 & #3)
    21- kayla0416 (#2)
    23-littlebit7 (#2)
    26-PawPrints (#2)
    27-starchild (#1)
    30-Eko (#2)
    31-2littlepumpkins (#3)

Upcoming appointments
    6/19- kayla0416
    6/28- Tanjowen
    7/10- 2littlepumpkins

12. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: Any update? You doing ok?

13. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: We haven't had a scan in 6 weeks either and obviously hearing the hb was so reassuring but I totally wanna see the kid again! I am with you. Fingers crossed you hear your results soon!

@kayla0416: Congrats! First girl for the month yay!

I started calling daycares today. Heaven help us.

14. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Our next appt is 7/11

15. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@starchild: Oh, I was actually saying congrats to Eko who is having a girl. Not sure what I'm growing yet. Sorry if that was confusing.

16. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

So we finally got the call and I missed it! Haha. Everything was normal (whew!!!) and we are having a girl !

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: I'll add it to the list!

18. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@2littlepumpkins: congrats!!

19. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Eko: congrats!!

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: congrats! Figured with odds we were both going to have girls

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: So excited! It feels a lot more real now.

22. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Dec 2017 Due Dates!

2-tramdoof (#1)
    4-Run2shore (#2 & #3)
    5-Tanjowen (#2)
    9- MrsTal (#2 & #3)
    21- kayla0416 (#2)
    23-littlebit7 (#2)
    26-PawPrints (#2)
    27-starchild (#1)
    30-Eko (#2)
    31-2littlepumpkins (#3)

Upcoming appointments
    6/19- kayla0416
    6/28- Tanjowen
    7/10- 2littlepumpkins
    7/11- starchild

23. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Eko: and @2littlepumpkins: Congrats on your baby girls, so exciting!

24. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@kayla0416: Oh gosh, I knew that too and just hit the wrong button. Yours post is below hers. Oops!

@Eko: Congrats, so exciting!
    @2littlepumpkins: Whew! Good news and a little girl! Congrats!

25. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@2littlepumpkins: yes, I'm doing okay, been super sick (still) and super busy. We ended up deciding to wait to find out at our anatomy scan in 3 weeks (July 10)! I'm so nervous!!! Congrats on your little girl!!!

@Eko: congrats!!!

Side note: are anyone's boobs totally out of control??? With DS my boobs got bigger but it was gradual and I managed to stay in my regular bras until like 34-35 weeks. I don't know if it's the twins or second pregnancy but today I put on one of my bigger bras from DS pregnancy and I'm already spilling out of it at 15 weeks. I just can't imagine how much bigger they can get.

26. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: @starchild: @MrsTal: thanks ladies!

@MrsTal: sorry you're still sick. I'm still struggling too but I'm only 12 weeks so I'm hopeful it'll be gone soon. My boobs are my usual pregnancy boobs (up to a C from a B) but I'm wondering if they'll stay put. (I hope so.) It's my belly this time! I'm still "only" up 3 lbs to 139, but my belly between the baby and the bloat is just huge and uncomfortable.

27. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

Ugh I hate this phase of not fitting any clothes...but not really fitting into maternity well either. I ordered some summer clothes from the gap...nothing fit (most stuff too large). Most of my workout stuff hits right in the middle of my bloated belly and digs in. Jeans are too tight. I guess I need to hit up old navy for some swing dresses with good butt coverage. Anyone else have any ideas or can commiserate?

28. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsTal: I was thinking the same today! I already went up a cup and seem to be filling that out already!! I didn't move up a second cup with my first until I was close to or in my third trimester.

@Littlebit7: I bought some dresses. I figured it'll transition fine for fall with tights and cardigans

29. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Littlebit7: I gave up and am wearing maternity clothes most of the time. I have a ton of lularoe stuff that works well now, specifically the Carly dresses and perfect tees (disclaimer I'm a consultant so I can grab from my inventory when need be, lol).

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: @Eko: @MrsTal: yep, maternity jeans from ON here. I think I bought too big but I can't stand things on my belly. My first time wasn't that way but ever since I developed my GI pains/issues. 😩 I still try to hide the little bump since I feel way too early to have a bump though.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: I keep thinking about getting a Carly but it seems like they might hit a little long? I'm 5'7, any idea where it'd hit?

32. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@MrsTal: Hope you feel better soon!

Yep, it's super frustrating. I'm still too small for maternity clothes, though I did buy some pants, but most regular stuff digs and is uncomfortable. I wear my most stretchy jeans with an elastic around the button to expand the waist. The baby belly bands don't come in my size so I have to improvise. I wear lots of dresses these days!

13w today and we announced over the weekend. People were starting to notice my gut, I mean bump, they said. Ha.

33. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@starchild: yeah me too. I was out of summer and into fall with my first LO at this phase so it was easier to get away with leggings. Summertime means less clothing and less ways to hide illl-fitting stuff. I just feel like an overstuffed summer sausage.

34. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@2littlepumpkins: it depends on the size. I'm normally a large/5'10" and wear an XS and S in Carly. The S hits right at the knee but I like that I can tie it or belt it to help lift it a little. The XS hit just above the knee but I have less options with tying and belting.

35. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

How's everyone doing?

I am at 17 weeks and last Sunday this little guy decided to move and out. I have a very visible bump now! DH came home from his trip the next day and was like, "whoa!" I'm extremely glad about it because he was sitting so low it hurt to walk.

Is anyone struggling with insomnia? I'm having a rough week with sleep. I'm going to call my doctor's office tomorrow but curious if anyone had any tips or what your doctor advised before for you.

36. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

@Tanjowen: I take half a Benadryl (or the generic equivalent, I think it's dyhymenidrine or something). I have years of sleep problems. My ob said taking that (or a full one) was totally fine
    I treat myself like my toddler: white noise, try to limit screens before bed, etc). Insomnia sucks. I've also found that trying to get some sort of a workout in helps, even if it's just a walk

37. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: thanks! I guess I'll stick to an XS if I get one. I'm usually about a 6-8. It has been soooo hot so dresses are nice!

13 weeks here and definitely showing. It's getting difficult to hide. I still haven't really gained more weight although I could eat healthier. This is so different from my last two but they were the first and then spaced 3 years apart (well 2y3m, I guess, delivered 3y apart.) I don't even wanna know what I'll look like in Dec.

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I know that sounds really vain and I swear I'm actually not, I just don't think I'll have time and energy to really put into it after with three LOs, so it'd be nice to not get much bigger than the first two times.

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: no actual advice but hope the insomnia gets better!
    @2littlepumpkins: I didn't read it as vain! I completely get what you mean though. I feel the same way.

13w here and starting to feel not so tired. I've been super hungry, moreso than with my first, and not sure if it's because I'm running around after a toddler all day. DH and I are starting to get in panic mode about setting up a room for the baby. We bought our first house in October and it needs work. We are redoing the master currently, then redoing our second bedroom where D'S will go then move onto baby's room. Lots of work to do!

40. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Tanjowen: 16 weeks here and jinxed myself yesterday. Was so excited because it had been a week since I threw up then last night I threw up from brushing my teeth I'm still tired most of the time but feel like I have more energy than I did which I think is good.

@2littlepumpkins: I get what you meant. I'm scared about getting so big I can't pick up or run after DS. Which I know will happen with twins.

@Eko: eek! I can see why you'd be worried about the room situation, hopefully it's nothing too big work wise and you'll get it done quick.

DH and I decided to host a small gender reveal for our families after our anatomy scan and I'm going a little crazy planning it. Was originally suppose to be this simple dinner but now I've got a Pinterest board going, haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee