Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Oh what a sweet little face

I'm so sorry you had a tough day/appointment. It's especially hard when there's so much at once. Hopefully you get some answers soon and got some comfort from the ladies in the group who have experienced similar
    kidney concerns. Thinking good thoughts for you and your LO.

2. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: The team will definitely work with you all during and even after! I had another growth ultrasound and the left kidney is still slightly dilated. They want it to be under 7 and his was between 6.5-7.1 depending on which measurement she used. He was very squirmy! I see the OB next week and imagine I'll have one more ultrasound or they'll just wait to do one on him when he's born. They estimated he's 2lbs 13oz!

In my case, I'm terrified to go full term. I did pass my glucose test and so far no signs of preE. I'm going to ask them if there is any chance of being induced early again just since I'm automatically high risk.

Hopefully you get some more answers but they'll do everything to monitor you and the baby!

3. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Just got the call from my midwife and I passed my 3-hour glucose test well under the limits for each time point. My 3-hour was actually very low compared to the limit so that was a little surprising. At the same time I could physically feel the sugar crash and how exhausted I was after fasting overnight and sitting there for the duration of the test (and no, they didn't have comfy chairs I was just in the regular waiting room).
    It's a relief to know that I'm in the clear for this but it was beneficial to see that I could be making ealthier choices and over the last couple weeks of working on it, that it's not too much more work/time to do so. I've even noticed less swelling in my feet after reducing my carb intake in general so that's been a nice unexpected side effect.

Next appointment is Thursday and then my appointments are at the birthing center which will open at the end of the month! I was able to attend an info session there and see the new building and the gorgeous, giant L&D rooms. Real beds! Tubs! Walk-in showers and full bathrooms! I am just hoping that things continue to move in a direction to allow me to deliver there when the time comes.

4. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@Christy412: yay for passing glucose!! I bet since you are high risk they will induce you early. My providers make sure to mention that every time I go in. Your baby is as big as mine! What's your due date again?

Today I saw my OB for my glucose test and she said I'm measuring 31 weeks. I'm 28 tomorrow. Cripes, if this baby comes at 40 measured weeks, she'll come on my birthday!

5. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: thank you and hooray for passing the 3 hour!!

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: A birthday baby would be exciting! But I delurked to share that I was measuring at 44 weeks when I had my c-section at 39w 2d. I really really really wanted him to come sooner because I had my own gravitational pull there towards the end of my pregnancy, but his ginormous head wouldn't even engage, let alone prompt labor.

7. mediagirl

@Sams Mom: woah. Good to know! I bet your body was just DONE by then.

8. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: Crazy they're the same size! I'm 28 weeks now and he seemed to be measuring normal but his head is measuring 30 weeks lol My son also has a big head just like Dad! I'm due 12/10. I could very well have a November baby. That would be fun if she came on your birthday!

9. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I'm sorry you're dealing with this stress. I'm glad you have some support here to help you through it and I hope there wont have to be any interventions. You US picture is just adorable!

@lindseykaye: Glad to hear you passed your glucose test with flying colors!

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

So weird, I never get email notifications for new posts anymore. 🤔

I like comparing bumps then (girl) to now (surprise)!

11. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: same weeks? You look great, maybe a little smaller/lower?

I called my MFM OB last week b/c I was really worried. I passed my GD test with flying colors so immediately thought, somethings wrong with my baby. Well, she put me at ease. She said the signs she's seeing are in the mild category, and even if they were moderate, she wouldn't worry too much. I kind of hate that I have to get every other week ultrasounds now b/c I feel like I'm going to know too much/have too much to worry about. I guess I just have to take her advice and not worry unless she says to worry!

I still can't believe I'm only 29 weeks this week. I'm so frickin huge!

12. mediagirl

How is everyone doing on names? It's really my favorite topic. My husband won't acknowledge my favorite name. He won't even talk about it!

We had Baptism's at my church yesterday and there was a Margaret Josephine. Hello, names of my grandmothers/grandmother's aunts! I love Josephine but it doesn't fit with our naming convention (no nickname names, one to two syllable first name, one to two syllable middle).

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: I had weekly ultrasounds with my son from 31 weeks on, and I even managed to stay Team Green throughout the pregnancy. The tech doesn't really tell you anything aside from "statistics" maybe (one would tell me his estimated weight, head, torso, and long bones measurements/percentiles whereas the other wouldn't). My doctor never really told me anything if it wasn't something to worry about, and at my request didn't tell me if there was nothing I could do to fix it and wasn't life altering. So hopefully you have the same experience, have lots of uneventful ultrasounds, and everything goes well.

14. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Looking good! I feel like I have been bigger this time around my whole pregnancy (with the same gender) but I'm chalking it up to the second-time early showing as well as starting out a little heavier in general. Things seem to be steadying out now though and I'm not gaining nearly as much weight between appointments.

@mediagirl: I hope all the ultrasounds turn into a comfort for you rather than a worry. Getting to say hey to your baby and that extra reassurance that all is well I'm not expecting another ultrasound at all and I keep worrying about her positioning. Is she head down yet? Will she stay there? Where are those kicks today? What does that mean?
    My friend who is an US tech might try to get me into her old college lab for a quick check/hello later on so I can get a little bit of peace of mind but we shall see. I keep reminding myself that I didn't have any of it last time and all was well.

We did settle on a name! It's the same one as my last name post where we were debating/brainstorming. Alice Merryn McL----. We are keeping it a secret from most of our friends and family. Only our closest friends know and one of my midwives. And definitely not my LO hahaha. We want to reserve the right to change our minds and don't want anyone to get too attached (especially her). Although when DH refers to her by name I get all fluttery

There's an open house for the birth center Thursday night that we'll go to with LO. It will be the first time DH and her will get to see and tour the space so that is something fun to look forward to. Then we have two birth classes there that we'll need to attend in November.

Final work travel is scheduled for this coming Mon-Wed so I'm super happy to get that done and be FINISHED with flights this pregnancy!

15. mediagirl

December 2018 Moms

12/2: LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/6: Emmalina (#2)
    12/7: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/8: Chillmama86
    12/10: Mediagirl (#2)
    12/10: Christy412 (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)
    12/30: katrocap (#2)

Yellowbeach

16. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: how has your body been handling the work travel? Are you wearing compression socks on flights? I found they were a life saver on my flight from LAX to Raleigh! My last trip is this week and good thing bc my OB wants me close to home from here on out (no further than 1 hour away).

I love the name Alice! It is so sweet. Definitely don't tell LO!! Haha.

17. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: It's been okay so far on flights. I definitely wear my compression socks (they go knee high) and I try to stay extra hydrated and get up to walk a little during each flight. Not that I have a choice thanks to needing the restroom so frequently! These upcoming are short too so it's much better than the trip from FL to Oakland a couple months back. I end up with a good amount of swelling in my feet/ankles anyway but it resolves itself pretty quickly back to my 'normal' amount of swelling I have all the time haha.
    I hope your trip goes smoothly!!

We ended up cancelling our upcoming anniversary vacation to Savannah. It was a very romantic idea but the thought of 3 hours in the car and then hanging out in a walking city on my tired aching feet (two days after this work travel) were no longer appealing. Plus it's still SO DANG HOT down here. Instead my in-laws will come get LO for the weeknd and we'll stay-cation at home. Get some dinners out, see friends, and sleeeeeep in haha.
    The Sunday of that weekend though we'll drive about 2 hours to rendezvous for pickup at a local-ish attraction called Weekie Wachee Springs where they have a live mermaid show which will be probably our one-last thing to do with LO away from home before the baby's arrival.
    Then no more travel! None for Thanksgiving and none for any other weekned trips. Not gonna do it

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Yep, same weeks! I don't know if I'm truly carrying lower, if it's baby #2 and gravity, or what, LOL! Yeah we're stuck particularly on boy names... We have a girl first and two middle options, both I'm fine with. Can't agree for a boy, although DH is also convinced we're having a girl sooo...

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

There are a lot of us having our second/third here... Is anyone prepping yet? I have done next to nothing. I made a note in my phone for November so I get the car seat and bed out of storage, order diapers, etc. LOL.

20. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Definitely prepping here and there because we have so much planned for Oct/Nov that I knew if we tried to do all the baby things at that point I'd go nuts. I also wanted to get a lot of physical things out of the way before I wasn't able to do them or they were too much for me (like switching our bedroom with the nursery and moving all the furniture).
    So far we've done that big step, and I've built the new crib and organized a few things in the nursery. We've been buying things over the last few months as I see them go on sale so we'll have those to be able to open/assemble later closer to December. I wanted to spread out costs and scoop things up before they sold out or were discontinued or sales ended.

I already went through all the clothes that I saved from LO before our garage sale to pare that down and organize it a bit, but I need to get down the newborn totes and re-wash things and hang/fold/etc to actually put them away. Feeling good about making a little progress every week. Come November I want to be totally done and just cooking food to fill my freezer and being lazy and doing things as a family of 3 while we can.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: We're making things more difficult by going team green. I have some of DD's clothes still but 1. the seasons don't match for all and 2. what if this one is a boy? We're going to big girl bed shop tomorrow I think. I worry I'm going to be SO last minute though!!

22. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Team green does totally make some things a little harder to prep I'm sure. The best part is that if you have a few cozy outfits, diapers, and a space for baby to sleep the rest can be filled in pretty easily as extra. Plus you'll probably buy a lot less useless stuff that you don't end up using!

23. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Anyone else getting more uncomfortable? I have a lot more muscle pain under my belly this time than last. I feel like getting out of bed is already a challenge 😳. I can’t believe I’m already 30 weeks!

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Christy412: 🙋‍♀️ My back has been kiiiiilllling me!! Especially after sitting at work. Could muscle pain be Braxton Hicks?

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: YESSS!!! Getting out of bed is an absolute nightmare! Soooo much muscle pain. Also literally everytime I stand I have to pee. I've thought about getting a Belly support band, but I feel silly spending money on something so close to the end. Has anyone used one and found it to be a lifesaver at the end?

I've definitely hit the irrationally emotional stage. I'll get an idea of how things are going to go, then get super emotional when they don't go like i'd planned.

26. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@MrsMom: YES! Between feeling like I have to pee constantly, Braxton Hicks, and some back pain ugh! I have a band but never really used it because I felt like it was too much under my maternity pants! I may need to try again.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: check out K-tape, I used it from 28 woke until I had to have weekly ultrasounds (31 weeks) but switched to the motherhood support band because it was reusable unlike k tape. You can usually wear k tape like 10-14 days? If I remember right.

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Christy412: Uncofmortable for sure. My hips/pelvic pain is my biggest discomfort. I can't lay down on one side for too long or I start to ache. And when I get up from sitting or laying down I have so much pain sometimes I have to take these little baby steps while my body works it out and I can walk normally without pain.

@MrsMom: I'm definitely going to need a support band. I thought about getting one earlier but felt silly since I had so long to go - so don't feel silly about having too little time to go haha. Oh the ways we justify not buying things we probably need or would help us feel better.

@LindsayInNY: I'm not sure! I think braxton hicks can feel very different for everyone. Mine feels like she is kicking/pushing against my belly really strongly for a prolonged time. And my belly also gets tight when this happens, which is how I remembered it was probably braxton hicks vs. her pushing me around.

29. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@lindseykaye: I'm getting some pelvic pain as well! He's head down so that makes sense. I have another ultrasound next week for one last kidney check.

On an unrelated note, I'm slightly freaking out that we have basically NOTHING done for this nursery! We have everything it's just not set up. I know the baby will be in our room for a little but I will most likely move this one earlier than I did our first. I am just antsy to get it done so it's one less thing to do when he's here! I guess this is typical for a second child lol my first's room was done like 2 months before he was born!

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Christy412: Oh same here... I made a note in my phone for "November To Do's," like: get car seat and baby bed out of storage... LOL

31. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

@lindseykaye: It is funny how we justify buying things for ourselves. I don't do it when it comes to my son or husband, just when I need something LOL.

@Christy412: We only have the furniture in the nursery, but that's just because we moved DS into a big boy bed a month before we found out I was pregnant, so we just switched out the furniture. other than that I have nothing else ready. We still have to get everything out of the shed, and a few things to purchase. We did paint and I have curtains ordered. I am starting to get nervous about the timeline though. We have a lot going on in the next few months and I don't know how we're going to get it done.

Anyone doing Christmas decorating before thanksgiving? I think i'm going to the week before thanksgiving. Is that crazy? What about Christmas shopping?

32. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@MrsMom: I don’t even want to think about Christmas shopping or decorating 😩😂 I will probably do it right before/after Thanksgiving also. I’m slowly trying to start shopping but 90% will end up being online shopping lol

33. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: I'm still planning to do xmas decorating over the long weekned after the holiday. We won't be traveling so I'm planning to set up the tree and inside decor on Friday like usual, and my husband will do lights and things that day and over the weekend.

I've been making an Amazon list for gifts over the last few months when LO mentions things she wants. I basically only ever buy online for everyone so that won't change haha. LO's birthday is in November though so I never buy things in advance so that we can see what she'll get then and make plans for xmas. We do need to think about her birthday gift though... She asked for a play house in the back yard so I might talk to my dad about building one for her while they are here over her birthday weekend. Might not be enough time however, it would be very special.

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: I'm leaning towards mostly online shopping as well. Usually I try to do a little something for family friends as well, but I think this year I'll just do family with everything going on and the added expense of a new addition. I'm sure people would understand?

@lindseykaye: I always go Black Friday shopping with my mom. Half of the time we don't get anything, but we enjoy the hustle and seeing all the commotion. Its become our tradition . DS birthday is November as well, so we usually don't buy for him until after his party also. I think the playhouse would be such a cute and special thing. My grandpa built my mom and aunt one when they were kids and it's been passed down. I grew up playing in it and now my cousin who has 3 girls has it. It can really be a lifelong treasure.

35. mediagirl

I'm with you all on the groin pain. I don't have much else pain but moving around in bed, getting up, walking after sitting for a while...all are miserable experiences. Apparently I am also snoring like an old man. Hahaha. I find my poor husband in his office in the morning b/c I snored so loud. Oops.

I don't know how you all are going to decorate. The decorating is all me every year so I think I'll put my husband in charge of getting a fresh tree this year (we usually do fake) and find the stockings...wherever they may be. I'm hoping we can nail down the name before the baby is here so I can order her a personalized stocking to match the rest of ours.

My parents bought us a dresser for the nursery as a thank you for letting them stay at our house for 11 days when they were refugees from the hurricane. So, now we can take down the bed and put in the dresser (once I put it together - Ikea) and it'll be done!!

36. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

I feel like I *should* decorate for xmas before Thanksgiving considering my due date is 12/2 but then part of me knows that I will need to spend those weekends prior doing all the baby things and meal prepping and tiny clothes washing. That way once everything for the baby is done I have full attention on the holidays and family.

Of course that's all if she waits until her due date to appear!

37. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: tiny clothes washing!!! The best part!!

38. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: @lindseykaye: I just washed some of my sons old tiny clothes yesterday! I can’t wait to put some of my favorites on this one.

39. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Hows everyone doing??

Well I caved and bought a belly support band and am loving it. It has helped sooo much and I can climb in & out of my bed without screeching in pain YAY! Totally worth it if anyone is on the fence like I was.

Has anyone had issues with hot flashes/flushed cheeks lately. All of the sudden this past week I've been having issues in the afternoon with flushed cheeks and feeling internally hot. Normal?? Blood pressure has been normal.

I'm watching my 3 month old niece Saturday night (all night) and I'm a little nervous. It feels crazy to be nervous since I will have another little soon, But I can't help but have a little anxiety. Hopefully it gos smoothly.

40. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Glad you love your support band! I bought one too but haven't figured out when to wear it for the best results. It tends to dig into my upper thighs if I wear it lower around my hips where I have the most pain and sort of squeezes my belly if I wear it higher like the picture shows on the package. I'm having a lot of hip/pelvic pain though if I'm sitting too long (like at work, every day) so I might start wearing it under my clothes at work even though it's kind of bulky.

No hot flashes, but I have noticed that I do get much more flushed after exerting myself (walks outside.. still hot here, or vigorous cleaning or something) and they stay that way longer than usual.

How did watching your niece go? I would totally be nervous too. I think it's so different being with a baby from newborn to really know their habits and patterns and preferences vs. being thrown into watching a 3-month old. Though I'm sure it all came back pretty quickly!

My next appt. is Wednesday (34 weeks) and then I have another on Halloween before going weekly. Plans still in place for a birth center delivery for me. Right now it's BUSY and I'm trying to pace myself. Wedding week for friends has arrived so hubs and I are cleaning ALL THE THINGS in preparation of all our hosting duties. It's a good thing though because it's like being forced to do that deep clean nesting just a little early and it will pay off not to have to do it before other events coming up or LO's birth.

Talked to my friend about maternity pics so we will be taking those this coming Sunday at a local nature preserve. We'll do maternity/family pics and I am really happy to be able to have memories from this special time captured. He did my maternity pics last time (33 weeks) so it even works out to be similar timing in the pregnancy.

Also my friend (who we are hosting the rehearsal dinner for) asked me about a baby shower and when I said there weren't plans she basically said - well NOW there are because I am going to host for you. Very sweet and after my previous disappointment that there wouldn't be anything for this little girl I'm very touched and excited. It's in a few weeks, and at our house to keep things easy. A brunch style get together with a few close friends in town. Just the right size/scale for us.

Hope everyone is doing well! I lurk the November boards and it seems some of their babies are already arriving! I think I am the first Dec. due date in the group (12/2) but I'm holding out hope and planning that she will arrive in December and not show up early

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee