Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yes. The hip and pelvic pain are the worst for me! I’m currently laying in bed because it feels better than sitting/standing. I also feel like my stomach is going to pop. I literally don’t know how it will get any bigger. Braxton Hicks all day don’t help. Ugh I don’t know how I’ll make it 4-5 more weeks but I guess it’s gone pretty fast already.

2. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: The way time is moving is really really messing with me hahaha

It's fast and slow - there's both SO MUCH to do still (mostly at work but also home things I want to do) that I need the time but I am so uncomfortable that I want to have this baby already. I also know it's still so much easier with her inside than outside, and I want to do more special things with my LO before her arrival.

That's where I have the most conflict right now I think - just wanting to do more with LO and not house projects or organizing or work eating up my 'free' time. I found myself getting emotional last night because Nana wanted to FaceTime before dinner which totally works, but then started reading her a new book (like, a big chapter book) and that was cutting into dinner which cut into MY story time for after dinner so it was like... NO THIS IS MY TIME. I am the one in our family who WOH full time, so literlly the 2 hours after I get home are the time I get with her each day... which also include me making dinner and trying to rest a little after being at the lab sitting in my office or meetings or being on my feet. So I'm maybe a little protective of story time after dinner, before bath with DH. I didn't say anything because it was one night, but she signed off with "we can do more tomorrow" and I just want to be like... no, you can't. Not right now this time is too precious for me

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anyone in a December due date group on Facebook? Just had a bunch suggested to me and didn't know if they were any good.

4. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: It really is crazy how we want it to speed up and slow down all at the same time. I totally understand. I work full time and get a few hours after and before work with him. He crawls in the bed with me in the morning and we talk about the day and this morning I was getting tearful because I know it will be different once the baby comes.

@LindsayInNY: I'm only in one group, but it's an AVA bracelet due date group and they verify your purchase so it felt more secure than just a regular group.

5. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LindsayInNY: no but if you find a good one, let me know?

I just popped in because I'm being pummeled in my crotch right now. I feel like a battered mommy!!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

We cannot come up with a boy name. My MIL is making monogrammed (name?) items in each (boy and girl) and DH told her we'd get her a name this week. Ahhh! No pressure?! Ugh.

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: OMG for real! I feel like this baby does Crossfit workouts sometimes!

8. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: awww that's so sweet that she is doing that! Names are SO hard!

I think we finally came to an agreement (aka: my husband gave in) on our name.

9. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh man that's tough. But you know, even if there's some monogrammed gift out there - you can still change your minds

Glad you guys were able to 'compromise' @mediagirl: hahaha

Everyone else have their name/s set? Thankfully ours hasn't changed. And unless she pops out and surprises us with boy parts I'm 99% confident we'll keep it.

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: My daughter has referred to this one as Baby Hippo the entire pregnancy. So my MIL bought hippo printed fabric and made a whole outfit!

Girl will be Piper Rose. Boy is TBD. We still have a list.

11. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I feel you, We are having the hardest time with names. Everyone wants me to pick a "L" name because DS is an "L" but I just don't know what I want to do. Hopefully we can both come to a conclusion soon.

@mediagirl: Sometimes when I'm sitting I swear he's kicking or punching my butt. Like I can literally feel it in my butt...... weirdest thing.

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

DH has narrowed down to his top 3:
    - Jason Jay Jr. (what we used to talk about)
    - Montgomery Jay (has ties to a vacation spot like DD’s name, don’t know how I feel about the length and/or getting NNed to Monty at some point)
    - Wilder Jay

Our last name is J—son and super common and easy to spell/pronounce. Two syllables.

I’m still undecided but need to make a decision ASAP. Like by tomorrow.

13. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Omg baby Hippo - too cute!
    I really like Wilder from your list. Montgomery is nice too but I also hesitated with names I liked but nicknames I didn't because it's just so hard to control what others do!

@MrsMom: Hope you find your name soon too! I had a lot of people asking if we would do another 'E' name since our first is Ellora/Ellie but I specifically did not want them to match so those, even if we might have liked them, were out from the get-go.

Any advice for trying to pull back at work? I swear my VP is trying to send me into labor early. She even asked if I would be back at work in mid-January for an audit we need to schedule. I am trying to just brush it off and stay firm about my plans but like NO I WILL NOT BE BACK AFTER 6 WEEKS. And to throw some fun in there they scheduled an internal quality audit for the last three days before my due date. Like, really? Part of me wants to dip out early and say - you all handle this. But part of me wants to show up and waddle around with the assessor making him really nervous and feel guilty about it

I need time to finish things I have on my plate and work out transfer plans for my responsibilities still - NOT to be taking on new work at this point. Sheesh.

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: I'm in sales so I still have a bunch of stuff to close. But I have law firms of mine that are scheduling things for the last week of November and I want to be like whhhhy?!? Also, up until yesterday, it had not occurred to me that I could go into labor at work. I literally had not even thought of it and panicked a little bit.

15. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Same here! Because my first was born at 40+5 I have just been assuming this will be the same and I'll work and work and reach my due date and show up for a couple more days and then get fed up and take off - then I'll be home and she'll come when she's ready.
    But - totally could go into labor at work. Or really... any time now (even though it still feels incredibly early). I got all paranoid last night and started packing the hospital bags lol

I'm sort of hoping that by staying busy, time will keep moving and she'll stay in until she's fully cooked (and I've taken care of all the things I feel like I need/want to do). And that also it will mean I am staying active and labor will be smooth like last time. No clue!

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: My water broke in the middle of the night! I was still working but casually at home some days too. I had a small bag at work last time with pants, underwear and a pad, in case my water broke, but always planned on going home first. Now I don't know!! We're heading out of town this weekend (last trip) and I have the box with the infant seat in the trunk, just in case, LOL!

17. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Mine didn't break until I was pushing so that will be a big surprise if it's at the start of labor vs. the end this time. I was paranoid about it though so I had those puppy pads under my sheet in bed and on the couch and in the car towards the end. Maybe I should get those out too haha

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: My husband asked when I would put one on the bed!

19. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: @LindsayInNY: ugh. today my CEO brought up the fact that he may need my help the first week in December doing work outside of my job (I'm in sales, this is support related). I just looked down at my belly and he said, "Well, you're not out until the 12th so..." Dude has 3 kids and 3 grandbabies, you would think he would get it.

I'm really stressed at work right now. One of my biggest projects just got pushed back 2 weeks so now I'm not sure if I'll even be here for the demonstration portion that I was supposed to lead. I'm really disappointed in that. Also, I had originally said I wanted to start working again from home a couple hours a week before coming back but now I"m not sure. I feel like I should just take the time completely so I don't get stressed out while on maternity leave.

Going into labor at work is my nightmare. Early labor for me was pooping all day long (sorry). The last thing I want to do is have that start here and then have to drive myself home in the process of that!!

We have a waterproof mattress pad on our bed (we have a tempurpedic bed and wanted to protect it when we got it). That means no worry!

I'm really praying this baby comes on her own before my scheduled induction date. My first was 2 days late. I'm being induced 2 days early.

20. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: I've set up my leave so that I am out full for 8-10 weeks FMLA and then I return 'full time' but use 3 days PTO and work 2 days for up to 4 weeks, which lets me start accruing PTO again earlier since there was an update to employee benefits just in August that changes this from accruing as usual on leave to not accruing anything (bummer). BUT I'm nervous about that and wondering if I should just stay out fully the whole time or not. I already feel like I'll be popping in or even be reached out to for help while I am on leave as it is and I don't want to ruin this time for myself.

I'm also pretty upset that a promotion for me that's been in the works since early August STILL hasn't been posted for me to apply for and get that process done with. It would have been great to finish that before leave so I get a raise and am paid out for my short term disability at the higher rate. Also I really REALLY don't want to be having to do this application procees while freshly on maternity leave. It just doesn't seem fair and I don't think it's intentional (I really do think it's administrative/bureaucratic slowness) but I do feel like I'm getting a little screwed with how it's moving along.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: As of now, I'm taking my leave all together. I can split up the last two weeks, as long as I work at least 2 days a week but I don't know if that will be better or worse? I've told my covering coworker he can reach out to me (text) but I'm hoping I don't have to take my laptop out at all (or rarely). I applied for my current position before I had my daughter and interviewed at 2 weeks PP. And then wasn't officially hired for months! What was the rush?! I'm hoping to know next week whether I even have a job next year...

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

My doctor is about to leave on vacation. I had an appointment and u/s scheduled for tomorrow morning. Except they called to move it up to today because of her flight time. I was a little annoyed because I was free all Monday and Tuesday but not today... Anyways, was able to jet over for an appointment. Did the GBS test and she did an internal exam. No comment on how that went. Ultrasound showed baby is head down and very low in there. Which explains the nerve pain I've been having! She knew to skip over anatomy but showed me the baby otherwise. She said to monitor for contractions and call when they're 5-1-1 (5 min apart, 1 min long, 1 hour consistently) unless my water breaks and I'm GBS+ (I'm praying I'm not). I still can't tell how supportive she is of an unmedicated birth but whatever. As long as the nurses are!

23. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: Sounds like you had an fast eventful appt. Glad she's in position and hopefully your test is negative.

Still waiting for the call with my c section date. Seriously annoying. I called Monday to check and they said they are working on it. I know it doesn't take this long because when they scheduled DS the nurse literally walked out of the exam room, made a call typed in the computer and gave me the date all right there. But all the nurses in the office are new and it's seriously frustrating me that we are now on day 4 after he asked them to schedule it.

Sorry for my Rant....I know that if I'm this crazy about getting a date, I couldn't imagine what all of you are going through with not knowing until it's time. Love to you all and thanks for putting up with me LOL.

24. mediagirl

Is anyone considering delayed cord clamping? I knew about it with my first but now I've been reading more and it sounds like it's really good for the baby. I'd have to ask my doctors if they do that. Apparently you can do it with vaginal or c-section births.

@MrsMom: I hope you get your date soon! I'm asking tomorrow about who's on call when to schedule my induction.

@LindsayInNY: that's so frustrating! But I'm glad you had a good appt and that you got to see the baby.

@lindseykaye: accruing pto is a good thing to think about, I hadn't considered that. I'll have to ask how that works. My goal is to use my 2 weeks of pto left for 2018, then 4 weeks of STD, then unpaid until i go back. After my short term disability is up, I'll get a paycheck again to cover the time I was put on pto and my commissions.

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Yep! We delayed clamping and cutting with DD and will with this one. TBH I remember very little of it. Like I don’t have any memory of it being in the way or anything because it was delayed. We asked that it not be clamped until it stopped pulsating (so all the blood, whatever was through it). I know there’s a time limit after which it doesn’t really matter. I feel like I’ve read delaying three minutes is no better than just one minute, but I don’t remember exactly.

26. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: We considered it with LO but I don't think we actually delayed too much. I had read that it's especially beneficial for early or near-term babies, and is less beneficial for full or post-term. Since LO was 5 days 'over' and born at over 8 lbs we did not prioritize it. All this is due to some studies indicating that there is an increased risk of jaundice due to the higher red blood cell count.
    Now - there are plenty of studies saying there is no association between cord clamping time and jaundice risk, and there is also a benefit of decreased risk of anemia from birth to 6 months associated with delayed cord clamping.

So... I don't know. We'll probably wait up to a minute, but not longer, depending on her term length and size at birth.

Interestingly LO did have issues with anemia and needing iron supplements but that wasn't until over a year old and her pediatrician ultimately attributed it to getting too much vitamin D (milk/dairy addict) which blocked iron absorption.

Oh! Another consideration is that if you want to bank cord blood then I don't think you can really delay cord clamping because that's needed for collection/storage. Just something to think about if that's also on anyone's radar.

27. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Soooo I just got back from my doctors appointment, I had to get the group B test (ugh!) and since they were doing that already she decided to check me. Right as she was checking I told her I have this fear I'm walking around dilated and have no idea... I'm almost 4cm! She said if my contractions are any type of consistent that I need to go to triage and get checked. Now I'm paranoid and going to constantly question if I need to go in. She basically said this is going to be a fast labor and that if my water breaks I need to go immediately. Our hospital is like 25 mins away! I'm going to try not to think about this constantly but holy cow! I might be joining the November group.

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Christy412: OMG 4 cm!!? That is nuts! On one hand way to go for your body getting all ready for you like that without you even having to deal with labor. On the other hand whoa.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a safe and swift travel to the hospital whenever it's your time

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: We did kind of a delayed cutting with our son. We banked his cord blood, so it was only a long enough of a delay to get the container together to ship the blood in.

30. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@lindseykaye: Yes! I sort of wish they'd just schedule an induction! I guess I'll just have to take things day by day and see what happens. My next appointment isn't until 11/16.

31. mediagirl

@Christy412: holy crap! Aren't you due around the 10th? That's so exciting!

@Sams Mom: @lindseykaye: @LindsayInNY: thank you. I looked back on the birth story I wrote up for M and I actually had asked for it...but I had meconium in my waters so they had to take her immediately to clear her out. Why they can't do that on me, I'm not sure.

32. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Christy412: I have all the rest of my appointments made, including one past my due date which makes things feel really real.

Had my first appointment in the officially open Birth Center today and it was fabulous! First birth class is tonight (reschedule and then un-rescheduled) and it'll be the only one we need to do thankfully. Packed my hospital bags for the most part last night so I feel more ready. I need to add a few more items when the time actually comes, but not much!.

33. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: Oh Wow!! That's so crazy. I'll be thinking of you and hope things work out well when it's time!

34. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: @mrsmom. Yes I’m due 12/10. Hopefully nothing crazy happens!

35. mediagirl

Well then. Had my appt today. Move into weeklies next week and I'll get the GBS test next week. They measured me. I'm 35 weeks, measuring 40.

Shall we make bets on if @Christy412 and I make it to 40 gestational weeks? Ha!

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: Sounds like a healthy baby!!! Can't believe we're getting close to meeting all these babies!!

Dr. office finally called me back.....She said she didn't realize how close I was and apologized for putting it off..... Anyway Baby no name has at least a birthday of December 3rd! YAY!

@Christy412: Hope you can keep that baby cooking a little longer, but so amazing how your body is just taking over without you even knowing LOL.

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: My bet is 39 weeks, from personal experience I feel for you measuring that far ahead

38. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: Haha doesn’t sound like it. I also don’t want to go another 4 weeks worried my water is going to break and I won’t make it to the hospital! 😂

39. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Welllll I don’t have to worry about having a car baby and looks like I’m joining the November group. This baby does not want to wait. I’ve been admitted and am 6cm. My contractions were definitely stronger this morning and I had a big chunk of mucus after I took a shower so we decided to come get monitored and here I am! Hopefully it’s a fast labor and this baby comes today! Holding off on epidural for a little longer because the contractions are stronger but not super painful.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Christy412: whoa! I pray everything goes well and you & baby are good!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee