Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@Christy412: Ahhhh good luck!! Hoping for a healthy baby and healthy delivery!

2. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: Good Luck!! Hopefully it’s a smooth delivery!

3. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

Hope baby is here and you are both happy and healthy @Christy412

4. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

After a long and dramatic evening (involving laboring until 8cm, I was 6 basically for 12hours and then things changed and almost not making getting an epidural) Hunter made his way into the world at 36 weeks at 3:19am. He’s a little peanut at 5lbs 3oz and 18in long. He’s doing great for being so little and no NICU stay! I’m doing well and just trying to rest before visitors come!

5. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

Welcome little one! It sounds like all went pretty well @Christy412 - so good to hear and what a sweet little boy. Love the name

6. mediagirl

@Christy412: ah! Welcome to the world, Hunter! Congratulations! He's so teeny and I'm glad no nicu stay!

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: congratulations!! He’s an itty bitty perfection. Glad you both are doing well and he doesn’t need NICU.

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Christy412: OMG you just got the "shits getting real" from me!!! I act like there's so much time left... Yikes! What a handsome little guy!! Congrats!!

9. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@LindsayInNY: Haha yes that’s basically what I said when they admitted me!

Thanks everyone!! We’re going home tomorrow morning and Big Brother is very excited!

Good luck to everyone and I’ll definitely be checking back to see all of your beautiful babes!

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Good news - not group b strep this time.

Bad news - just found out I don't have a job beyond 12/31. And HR claimed they "weren't aware of my circumstances." So now I have to deal with that...

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LindsayInNY: whaaaaaaaat!? and what circumstances? that you're pregnant!? how do they miss that!?

12. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: WHOA. What?! I am so sorry that you have to deal with this right now considering you've been making plans for months. Hoping you have some kind of recourse here - and that if you do make a move you have an excellent opportunity that presents itself!

13. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: had you notified your manager that you were pregnant and were going to take leave? Did you let HR know or did you leave it to your manager to take care of that? I'm just curious because someone (not you) dropped the ball. This sounds fishy and illegal to me.

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sams Mom: @lindseykaye: @mediagirl: Sorry for the group reply... There are major reorg changes coming. We knew that. But I was shocked that they didn't wipe my entire position out and make us all reapply. I was let go, a top performer from FL, someone in IL who's been here forever... It's all over the place. Per my boss and her boss, they both notified HR. I've also emailed HR in August and at the beginning of this month. So not sure how that was missed... So now it's kinda damage control. I need to figure out my options. Do I keep applying to whatever new job is created? How do I maximize payment because the severance offered is less than what I would've gotten on leave? There are just a lot of questions that might need an attorney to sort through.

15. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: you have record of notifying HR. Find that email, save it to your personal account now. Also, get HR to email you what they told you verbally, if they haven't already so you have record of that, as well. Try to get them to do that today. You need as much documented as possible.

16. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have much advice on this kind of situation, but I agree that they dropped the ball and you should have some recourse. Again I am so sorry for this unnecessary stress this close to your due date. Hugs

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I've forwarded all relevant documents, emails, etc. to my personal email. I have a packet arriving today but think HR will need to update it given my "circumstances." I'm trying to think long term and whether I want to stay with a company like this anyways... I *think* my leave will still be covered in full so working on that. Because, ya know, I don't have anything else going on right now?!

18. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: it's just crazy! I'm glad you're looking out for you.

So, I've been having so many symptoms the past few days. Lots of bowel movements, hot flashes, nesting. I'm going to the OB today for my weekly checkup and GBS test and am hoping they'll check me so I can see if I'm just going crazy or if maybe something is starting to happen.

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Whenever I work from home, I find I poop more. So now I'm always like omg is this the start?! Except cervix is still closed so unlikely lol.

20. mediagirl

Well yeah. Baby is head down but everything is still shut tight (dang it!) I'm supposed to go weekly to my OB but with next week being Thanksgiving week, I won't go back until the 28th - and then I schedule my induction!

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Yay!! Same here - super low and head down but cervix still firmly shut. Boo. I have an appointment next Wednesday which is kinda annoying but oh well... It was either that or skip a week and I didn't think they wanted to do that.

22. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: yeah, they couldn't squeeze me in next Wednesday when I went to book my appt so I just passed on next week. I have my appt with my MFM anyways. One less appt for the week.

23. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm on deck for next Wednesday too and I made it for the afternoon so thankfully it means I get to take off work a little early the day before the holiday break

I had my 37/38 week appt today (37+4) and I'm just kind of trying to stay patient but ready for anything. Baby is nice and low and head down - same spot she's been in for weeks and weeks. But since I do midwifery care they won't likely check me unless I start to go over 40 weeks.

Appts made for 11/21 and 11/27 AND 12/5 (but I don't want to make it to that 12/5 one since it's past my date lol). Though, I am looking forward to just spending time with LO now while it's three of us and doing a few special things. Plus decorating for the holidays!! Part of me wonders if I should just suck it up and do that this weekend instead of waiting for after Thanksgiving like we usually do?

Thanksgiving plans are settled too and we'll be going over to our friends house in the neighborhood. She is cooking all the main dishes and I offered to make some pre-meal snacks. It will be nice to not do much since I planned to make everything just for the three of us and stay home solo style - as well as get the kids together to play after being out of school all week!

24. mediagirl

Any suggestions for getting out of this miserable sleep cycle I'm in? I am exhausted by 5pm, body wants to fall asleep by 8. I'm up at midnight or 1am until 4am. Sleep until 7. Starts all over again. Keeping myself up is sooooo hard.

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I’m no help. I wake every 2-3 hours all night long. It sucks.

26. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: the worst is I have no willpower over online shopping at 3am. Oy. Come on, babies!

27. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

38 weeks yesterday and feeling good. Trying to close up at work pretty much every day so that I don't leave anything too unfinished. I'll probably be here a while though lol

I would LOVE to wait till actual December to have this baby and I don't *feel* like there are any signs for me of impending labor but I'm sort of in that "we'll see!" limbo space.

Sleep has been pretty crap. I just toss and turn to relieve hip pain and am up every 1-2 hours from that and/or going to the bathroom. Thankfully no insomnia though - I hope it lets up for you soon @mediagirl:

Husband has one more day of contract work he needs to do next Monday which means driving about 3 hours away for 30 minutes of work and returning. Sooo crossing my fingers she waits until that's done too!

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Buying anything good??

@lindseykaye: Ugh, my sleep is the same. I got 5 straight hours last night and it was glorious! Otherwise I'm usually up every 2-3 hours. It's the worst.

29. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: I bought this print from Etsy. It's going on the side table next to the nursing chair.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Aww, that's cute!!

31. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Oh how incredibly sweet. Funny I get emotional over the most random things these days and that little print is one of them!! Tearing up at my desk right now thinking of the days to come and how slow they feel but how fast they really go

32. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

36&3 today. Struggling with a lot of the same things. Sleeping is a struggle with the hip pain, also having an increase in heartburn. Currently still trying to fight that head cold and keep my family healthy. Successfully hosted my sons 4th birthday and a trip to Disneyland. Sooo ready for some Thanksgiving food.

I only have a few more things to do, like get a bassinet, diaper bag and pack the hospital bag.

@mediagirl: what a cute picture! Can’t believe we’re all getting so close.

33. mediagirl

@MrsMom: you hosted a birthday party and went to Disneyland at 36 weeks pregnant? You're my hero.

@lindseykaye: it made me tear up, as well. I've been watching this artist for a while and waiting for her to make this one into a print I could buy.

37 weeks today. Rescheduling the appointment for the baby's urologist, just in case. Baby is having a grand ol' time in there, with all of her fluid to float in.

We made it to my "I can't have a baby before X" date. We're going to see Hamilton tonight!!

34. mediagirl

@Christy412: how has the first week been?? You holding up okay?

35. mediagirl

Oh! And I just checked my results - I'm negative for GBS! I was positive last pregnancy, so that makes me feel good.

36. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@mediagirl: We’re hanging in there! He sleeps all day and parties all night. How quickly I forgot about this part. I know the first few weeks are rough and can’t believe it’s already been a week!

That’s great you’re negative this time, I was also and also positive last time.

37. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: @Christy412: @LindsayInNY: Are we all flip-flopping our GBS status? I was negative last time and am positive this time!

38. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: How funny! Like ironic funny. Being positive wasn't the end of the world last time but the only antibiotic I got was an absolute nightmare. I'm curious how different things will be this time since I'll be able to move around and change positions now.

39. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm curious too since I am allergic to like 5 major antibiotic classes... so our plan is to have one that they think will work for me and my allergies and keep meds on hand in case I do have a reaction. Not looking forward to the possibility of full body hives during or after labor but we will see!

They said it was only a half-hour infusion though, and that I would need it about 4 hours or more before delivery. I can even come get it done, and go back home to continue laboring if I'm not very close to delivery but want to ensure I have the antibiotics with enough time.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: They didn't check what antibiotics would work when they tested you? Personal experience - I'm allergic to Amoxicillin so that eliminated Penicillin. Next up is usually Clindamycin which I showed to be resistant to. I needed Vancomycin. The annoying part is that the hospital pharmacy doesn't typically keep it ready so they had to mix it up which took time. AND if they IV infuse too quickly, it'll burn so it took a while. They said an hour but it was definitely longer than that. That was really the only annoying part of it all.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee