Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@mediagirl: It typically hits for me right at 6 weeks. I’ve had it with both successful pregnancy and mc but every pregnancy and person is different! Not a reason to worry

2. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@MrsMom I agree that it is nice to feel like we are doing all we can
    @yellowbeach thank you for posing this info!
    @dc yoga bee I didn’t know it was same pill just different delivery.

This board is a wealth of information and experiences!

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Page refresh?

4. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Same for me - no nausea or symptoms with my last pregnancy in weeks 4 and 5. Hit me first thing in the AM the day I turned 6 weeks. This time around same deal, but my breasts have been sore/grown during weeks 4/5 and now that I'm 6w3 days the nausea has started. It's here and there, with some mild food aversions but no vomiting associated yet. Mine went away last time around 10 weeks and kind of freaked me out - making me wonder if everything was okay still. So like everyone said I'm just going to trust that all is well unless told otherwise.

I see my midwife tomorrow for my first appointment. I'll have an ultrasound and then my time with her. DH will get to come and I am excited! Just hoping all is well and things are looking good. I had an early ultrasound last pregnancy but only because I had some bleeding (due to a mild SCH) so it's nice that I'll get one this time without having to need it for a medical event. Last time they wouldn't have done one till 8 weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised to have been offered the appointment date we were given.

Especially because we will be traveling with DH's family late next week and weekend, so if all goes well tomorrow we'll tell them in person on that trip. I wouldn't have wanted to tell them unless we'd had an appointment first to check things out. I did end up spilling the beans to some of my mama friends this past Sunday at brunch because it turns out one of my dear friends is also pregnant!! She's about a week ahead of me and it will be so fun to get to do this together. Her son is about 10 months so this was a big surprise for them. And my daughter was born on her birthday 5 yrs ago
    Funny that I wouldnt' mind telling friends if we MC, but I feel much more private about that from family. Maybe because I think they would be more emotionally invested than friends.

Wishing everyone a smooth first trimester and great first appointments!

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: That's so exciting!! Definitely let us know how your appointment gos! Hopefully everything turns out the way you plan. I also had a SCH my first pregnancy but mine bleed until 21/22 weeks. I'm hoping we both have a smooth sailing pregnancy this time!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anyone experiencing bloat already? It feels so early. Maybe it’s indigestion lol.

7. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@LindsayInNY: literally came here to post the exact same question 😂 (including speculating indigestion)

8. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@lindseykaye: Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

@LindsayInNY: Yes. But I always look like I’m three months pregnant, so there’s that

9. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: So much bloat! accompanied with gas and indigestion. Ugh

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Haha

@motherunner: @MrsMom: I’ll be 6 weeks Friday. I definitely remember it by 8 weeks but not now! End of day especially.

11. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@motherunner: @lindseykaye: @MrsMom: @yellowbeach @dc yoga bee @LindsayInNY thank you! I'm just more nervous because older age and all that.

But the bloat is real. Especially after eating. It's embarrassingly bad.

12. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

So far I've lost 2 pounds due to nausea XD I think I gained about 10 pounds in the first trimester of my last pregnancy because I was so hungry. I would eat through 10 pounds of apples every 10 days just to slow down my eating.

Most days I don't really even think about the pregnancy. I don't want to get my hopes up in case it ends in miscarriage. Once I see a heartbeat I'll get excited again. Definitely less anxious about this pregnancy than my first one, which was preceded by a chemical pregnancy.

@Yellowbeach: I'm a retail pharmacist and decided long before I had kids that I would be the one to work less even though I make a bit more than my husband. My husband is Asian (born in an Asian country), and gender roles are still pretty strong in their culture. Though now that we are facing the prospect of two babies in daycare I may have to go back to working full time to pay for it O.O Guess we'll figure that out a bit later. I'm sorry you had to compromise your job. I mean it is what it is, but having babies still impacts working women a lot more than men

@LindseyKaye: Hoping your appointment goes great tomorrow! Seeing baby's heartbeat for the first time is always exciting

13. irisheyes

apple seed / 1 posts

Tentatively joining!

EDD: 12/20 based on LMP but I know I ovulated around 4/2 so maybe a few days later.

First child? Yep!

Any symptoms? Just kind of gassy and crampy, which are normal PMS symptoms for me. I definitely had a metallic taste in my mouth yesterday, which was part of what made me test, and I’ve been burping a bunch but I don’t know if that is pregnancy related or not haha.

Who have you told? Only my husband so far! We want to wait to tell most people until 12 or 13 weeks but we can't decide if we want to tell our parents sooner or not.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Mostly shock - we use NFP, so we knew there was a slight chance of pregnancy on the day we used, but honestly we’ve used that day before without getting pregnant. Once that wore off a little bit, we are over the moon excited and feel very lucky to have been able to conceive without any issues. Trying not to get my hopes up too high so early, though.

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@irisheyes: Welcome! Glad to see we have another 1st timer!

15. mediagirl

@irisheyes: congratulations! Welcome!

16. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@irisheyes: Welcome!! and a big congratulations!

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

I finally got the call from my Dr (He's been on vacation) and I'll be starting the progesterone and Lovenox shots today. My appointment wont be until 05/18 because he's so backed up and I'm feeling kinda down that I have to wait so long. I'll be 9 weeks by then. Last time my first visit was at 6weeks to make sure everything was where it needed to be and we saw the heartbeat.

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsMom: ugh that’s so frustrating! My mind is spinning for you.

19. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

I just had an hour long conversation with my insurance because my local drug store was trying to charge me $100 for a 14 day supply of the Lovenox! I called my insurance and they said it's a "specialty drug" so it's $100 copay for 30 day supply and that the pharmacy must have a cap on their supply so they had to completely override the system so I can get the full 30 days for my money. I just can't believe they were going to charge me the whole copay for less than half of the supply! This is going to be a very expensive pregnancy.

Sorry for my rant.....I guess I needed to vent a little.

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Ultrasound this morning confirmed a measurable gestational sac in my uterus but it isn’t measuring six weeks. So, they think I ovulated later than the OPK which I hope is right. They expect I’ll be six weeks next week and hope to see more then. Fingers crossed! But at least I’ve crossed the ectopic and is it a gestational sac bridge.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Great news! If you Oed late, were you still having sex then?

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's great news!!

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: By late it would be I o’ed a few days later. We had sex three days in a row Sunday-Tuesday night. Definitely not if they say a week later as I was out of town for a conference. Positive opk Tuesday cd 14 but I always used to ovulate cd 16 for years and years which would’ve been Thursday. They also said I could’ve implanted late. I have no idea. All I know is I had an HSG and had sex on xx date lol.

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: are they still checking any betas on you?

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: No, done with betas. They said if they didn’t see the sac they would check but since they saw it they didn’t have to keep checking.

26. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@irisheyes: Welcome!

@mrsmom: Sending you lots of patience - that does seem like a long time to wait to be seen but it sounds like your doc is still communicative even if busy. Does the practice have multiple docs who you could choose for your first appt. and then continue on with your preferred? I know that's an option for mine, but all places might be different, or you might really want to stick with just your doc especially at the first appt.

Yesterday's appointment for me went well! My husband was able to come with which was really nice, although it definitely took a while for the whole thing so there was lots of sitting around.
    The ultrasound was able to be done abdominally - the technician said if it wasn't clear they'd do transvaginal but that wasn't necessary. She was able to see everything really well and get measurements. Even saw the heartbeat (124 bpm which she said was good!). Measuring at 6w4d yesterday which is exactly in line with my LMP and my ovulation date per the LH strips I used last month. My midwife said that the aligning dates are a good sign for a viable pregnancy. We chatted a lot about pregnancy in general and medical history, and our options for prenatal testing and genetic screens. This time around it seems that the nuchal scan is covered by my insurance (it wasn't last time) so we'll actually get to have that (opted out last pregnancy because of the cost and our low risk history) so that will be nice to do this time around.

I'm really excited because the birth center is on-track for building completion this fall and they expect to start deliveries there in October, so my early December due date and history make me a great candidate to deliver there. And my favorite midwives in the practice (my primary and the midwife who delivered my daughter) are the ones who will move to the birth center first - hooray! My favorite nurse will also likely move over with them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth, uneventful pregnancy.

We also told our daughter last night about the new baby and she is so sweetly excited. It was just wonderful. I was a little nervous still with it being so early but it's gotten harder to talk around her since it seems she ALWAYS hears us when we're trying to be sneaky
    She wanted to tape up one of the ultrasound photos by her bed, and kept leaning in to talk to my belly telling it over and over - we love you!

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Ultrasound this morning went well. Sac and yolk were seen. I go back in two weeks for the "good" one. No EDD really yet.

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Wonderful! Great you get to go back again so soon

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: My practice only likes you to see the main Dr who will be taking care of you. So i'll just have to suck it up.
    It sounds like you had a great appointment! That's so nice you didn't have to have the uncomfortable trans-vaginal ultrasound.

@LindsayInNY: That's great!

30. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@lindseykaye: @lindsayinny congrats to you both on a great first appointment! A little reassurance feels good I’m sure

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Anyone else having terrible nausea? I found this ginger tea today which is about the only thing that hasn't threatened to come up in the last 3 days.
    http://a.co/1Jko3GR

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I think I forgot to take my progesterone last night. Is that bad? It’s twice a day so I’m due now anyways.

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Everyone has been quiet over the weekend... I trust everyone was enjoying some Spring weather?

34. mediagirl

Went in for my blood work this morning. You know...just 2 weeks after you're supposed to go in for it. Oh well. I'm waiting for the call to tell me what I already know. Not sure when my next visit will be....

@yellowbeach: you're AMA, right? What are your scheduled appts right now?

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Haha for real?! What was the point of that? LOL

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: Yes - turning 40 in June. We have a few on the books...

April 25 (8w3d): MFM consultation, Repeat US (didn't see a heartbeat yet on last US)
    May 9 (10w3d): My regular OB, hopefully will decide if I can stay with her or need to follow exclusively with MFM. Also getting infectios disease labs and NIPT drawn
    May 10 (10w4d): Genetics Appointment to get counseled on NIPT

This wait until our next US has been hard. I made this mistake of taking a wondfo HCG and the line seemed lighter... so of course that has me a bit psyched out. Just would have felt better if we'd seen that heartbeat on that first US. I haven't had any pain or bleeding, so I know things are most likely ok, just more worrying.

37. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@yellowbeach: Remember the Hook effect and the lightening of HPTs! If you're really wondering/worried, dilute your urine and repeat to see if the line gets darker again. It's so hard to trust at this stage, but your nausea is a good sign despite the inconvenience.

I have to call my insurance to confirm some of the testing on my panel is covered, and if not decide if we want to proceed or not. And of course I forgot my packet at home so I can't call this afternoon like I planned. I'll likely have my blood draw late next week when we return from travel or the week after ahead of a beach weekend. My midwife just requested it be done a couple weeks ahead of my next appt. on May 14 so the results can be in and we can go over them together.

So, I have a combined bachelor/ette beach house party to attend the first weekend in May. We've told our best friends who are the happy couple, and my husband will be with me for support but MAN it's going to be hard to keep this quiet around all the others in attendance. Also I am sad I can't go in the hot tub

38. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: who knows. I did get my numbers, though. - HCG - 22,970 (HA!) and Progesterone >45. In 2 weeks I go in for an OB scan.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Haha. What a relief.

40. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: thanks for the info. So you'll know in a day the results of NIPT or will you have to wait a bit for that? Nice that they do it before 11w!

Looks like I'll go in for a u/s at ~8 weeks. Not sure what their plans are with me after that. I'm well informed, if you can't tell.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee