Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: When do they usually do NIPT, any idea? I'll deliver at age 35 so now it'll be covered (I think).

@mediagirl: That's my next appointment - 8 weeks for an u/s. I wonder if they'll "graduate"' me to my OB or what? But this is my worried time... Things went bad between 8 and 11 weeks so I kinda want another level of monitoring then, if possible.

2. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

page refresh...

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: So annoying!

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LindsayInNY: I think the NIPT is 10-13 weeks, covered by most insurance if you are >/=35. I'd assume that would mean if you are 35 when you are set to deliver, but not sure.

@MediaGirl: Most NIPT they tell you take "5 business days" to come back. Last time they told us that we had it drawn on a Wed and they called us just before noon on that same Friday. Our hospital does them in-house, not as a send-out, so that may account for the speedy return.

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: @YellowBeach (#2)
    12/3: @LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/4: @DC Yoga Bee (#2)
    12/5: @MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: @LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/12: @MediaGirl (#2), @MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: @MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: @ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/20: @IrishEyes (#1)

Pretty soon we get to find out who will be joining us with the Christmas Babies!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Has anyone given much thought to their pregnancy announcements? I'm so uninspired this time around. I'm debating recreating #1 but with DD#1 in it and listening to my belly with a stethoscope. (DH is a doc too).

Our other option is to book a photo session with a neighbor who is a decent photographer and just take a nice picture of the three of us without props or anything - and just write that #2 is on the way... (see what I mean, uninspired).

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: I don't know if we're going to announce... I did a cute scrabble board one with DD. But I think with our last one/loss, it has been really apprehensive. To the point where DH didn't even want to tell his parents until baby arrived! Neither family lives close by so it could've been feasible but we'll see them in August so we'll wait until then. So I don't know. BUT, if we announce, it won't be until end of August, at the earliest. So 24+ weeks LOL. I thought about a cute "Labor Day" announcement? Or, for others, what about a December/Holiday themed one? I think I want to find a cute tank/shirt to wear and announce to both families (in July and August). But not sure what to have it say.

8. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: I'm sure your OB would continue to do extra monitoring if you are concerned. If not, express that to the RE and hopefully they will keep you on until 12 weeks or so?

@yellowbeach: your first announcement was so cute! I like the idea of incorporating your LO for a family shot of the same thing.

Since there is such a large gap, I want to get my daughter this tee, maybe we'll just use her as our announcement. I'm not really big into crazy announcements, though I do enjoy my mom's reaction to finding out. I look forward to that.

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: It's not a bad idea... I'm one visit away from meeting my deductible for the year, LOL, so it'll only be 20% coinsurance for visits. At the rate I'm going, I'll hit my OOP max before December! I might see if they'll see me for a 10 week appointment before "graduating" me? Or, if they do it at 8 weeks, maybe my OB will do an u/s at 10 before the NT around 12? Thinking out loud...

@yellowbeach: I really like having DD listen with a stethoscope!

@mediagirl: Cute shirt! And, being nosy so don't answer if you don't want, what made you guys want a larger gap between them? Early on I wanted a 4-5 year difference but then I wanted more like 2 1/2 -3 years. Ya know, since that can be controlled?!

10. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: oh man, that is one awesome thing about a HSA plan with a December baby! Our insurance starts up again in June so, start over. Womp.

I didn't want a large gap. My husband finally wrapped his head around another...just in time for us to be super old parents.

11. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

I've been MIA for a couple days. Trying to keep myself busy and my mind preoccupied. The cramps are finally subsiding and the bloat isn't as bad. Having nausea in the morning and evening but super hungry mid day.

@yellowbeach: I like recreating the original picture! It'll be so adorable!!! We already told our whole family since they knew we were trying. We put DS in a Big Bro shirt and sent it around. I will probably tell my work in two weeks since we are a small office and very close, they all knew we were trying and will be super happy. As for a social media announcement, we are going to wait until our first ultrasound so probably 10 weeks and we're going to do a picture at Disneyland for the announcement. We're not super private people.

12. mediagirl

@MrsMom: Glad your cramps are subsiding. Hope you can keep the nausea at bay.

I was thinking of having our daughter wear her shirt to Disney World one day and take a picture there, too!

13. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: We actually planned a large gap of 4-5 years and then it got extended a little thanks to my going to grad school in the middle there. LO will have just turned 6 less than a month before the new baby's due date.
    My brother and I are 5 yrs apart and my husband and his sister are only 18 months apart. We both have awesome relationships with our siblings so it was less related to their future friendship. Althought with my brother and I we didn't have any rivalry or competition since we were never in school together and were too far apart to have crossover friends.
    For us, since we felt 'young' with our first (28 when she was born) we wanted more time to grow into our careers, buy a house, and enjoy her. We also wanted to spread out the financial aspect of parenting when young (1 in diapers at a time, paying for childcare for 1 at a time) as well as when they're older (helping with 1 new driver, college costs spread out, etc). We also thought about how our daughter will be a lot more self sufficient by the time we have our second, and will be more helpful with the new baby (hopefully at least!). I know a lot of people want to get the baby stuff out of the way at once but I knew it would be really overwhelming for us to have two much closer together.

@yellowbeach: I love the picture idea with your LO and the stethoscope! Suuuuper cute.

I don't know what we'll do on social media or when. Last time we took a pic of the stack of baby books and said we had a team project due in November. We call ourselves 'Team Lastname' so we might use that some way. We plan to surprise our families this weekend with LO dressed in a 'big sisters rule' shirt and she's really excited to be in on it with us.

14. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@LindsayInNY: I feel the same about announcing. We have had a a long period of infertility and a few miscarriages and that changed the way I look at announcements. I do love to see my friends announce but I’m a little uncomfortable doing it myself. I’m also not super active in social media. I was thinking of doing the same and a small family announcement at some point but not sure how.

@mediagirl I love that shirt! If we didn’t have twins I would consider ordering it to share the news with family

@yellowbeach I love that announcement and the stethoscope idea with your little one is super cute!

Well morning sickness has arrived but thankfully it feels manageable compared to what I have experienced in the past. Everything smells horrible and nothing but carbs seem appetizing but I’m not throwing up and able to pretty much keep up my daily activity (at a little slower pace). I’m hoping this is a good sign that things are progressing and hoping I get lucky and it doesn’t get worse!

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lindseykaye: you were totally right. I had never heard of the Hook effect before but I did your test. Top is regular, bottom is diluted x10 with water.

16. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@yellowbeach: That is awesome it worked! I hadn't done it myself, just had read about it on forums. Glad you got to see the darker line and hopefully have some reassurance.

17. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: I just feel like a newbie again..."what am I supposed to avoid during pregnancy?" So that makes the larger gap strange for me! My husband's sisters are 6y and 7y older than him, respectively. He has no relationship with them but I hope that our kids do have a good relationship. That's also why I'm hoping for another girl. But either way, I believe the parents help foster the sibling / family relationship and that is something we will always do.

@yellowbeach: that's pretty cool!

I had a bout of nausea last night after dinner. I only had vegetables and potatoes for dinner (couldn't eat the hamburger) but while I was cleaning up, I kept having "that feeling." So I finally went upstairs to get out of eye sight of food.

18. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Oh man I feel the same way! I keep trying to remember - when did this happen? Can I have that? It's kind of nice because I feel like I'm being pretty conservative with the do's/don't's since I have to look them all up again, but I feel a lot more confident about being a parent to a newborn and knowing that the hard times to come do eventually pass and all the joy there will be. With our first it was such a great big unknown, especially being the first of our families and friends to have a child.

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@motherunner: Yeah... With my daughter, I waited until 18 or so weeks before announcing online because I was SO excited. The day after, I also posted again about how it was a long journey, etc. hinting at the IF issues.

@yellowbeach: @lindseykaye: Wait. What's this hook effect?!

20. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: So there are two possible hook effects, both have to do with an excess of HCG and one also has to do with the change in type of HCG present as a pregnancy progresses. Snipped from the internet below for everyone!

Hook effect: The hCG assays works by forming a so-called "sandwich" with two different antibodies as the "bread" and the hCG molecule as the "meat." The hook effect occurs when the hCG concentration is so high that it saturates both antibodies and there are so many molecules that the antibodies don't actually form a sandwich. Which results in a faint or absent color change on the strip.

Variant hook effect: As pregnancy progresses, there are actually different variant forms of hCG that begin to appear in the urine. After about 5 weeks of pregnancy concentrations of hCG beta core fragment are higher than all other forms of hCG. This is perfectly normal. Unfortunately, the concentration of hCG beta core fragment can saturate one of the antibodies used in the assay in certain pregnancy kits, and the other antibody doesn't recognize the beta core fragment. As a result, no sandwich forms and the test is read as a negative or faint. The farther in pregnancy a woman is, the more likely that this false negative will occur. Similar to the hook effect, the variant hook effect can be confirmed if testing shows a positive result after diluting the sample.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: Oh interesting! The article I read was much more medical-speak and over my head, LOL.

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I wear a FitBit. I recently got one from work that has a HR monitor built into it. It's so fascinating! For example, right now I'm sitting at a desk at work and my HR is 78. When I walk to/from the train or work, it can easily be 100-120. I haven't gone back to spinning yet but wanted to wear this to keep an eye on my HR. I think "they" now say it's not so much about the number, but making sure you can talk during? I don't know when I'll feel comfortable returning though. Probably closer to 12 weeks?

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Checking in! Today I measured six weeks exactly and they saw the sac and yolk sac which have both grown. Next ultrasound in two weeks to check for a heartbeat. Yesterday morning sickness started which they said was a good sign.

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yay! That makes a later December EDD that you thought, right?

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's such great news!!!

@lindseykaye: @yellowbeach: Very interesting! I've never heard of it.

26. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: that is awesome!! And hey, that puts your due date the same as mine (I'm 6 weeks today, too - by count).

27. gorbylon

apple seed / 2 posts

Hi ladies! I'm excited to join this board.

EDD: December 20

First child? #2, DD will be 2.5

Any symptoms? Some cramps, getting winded easily, and insomnia

Who have you told? This board! My husband's bday is next week, so I'm going to surprise him then.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Excited, but a little apprehensive about loss. I had a second trimester mc before my DD, so I know it's a possibility. Just trying to wrap my head around having another LO and knowing that I'm pregnant today.

28. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: @MrsMom: @mediagirl: Yes, December 12 I think? But, the head doctor said being conservative he estimated I implanted on the 25th when I came in for my first beta. I don’t have regular cycles and I don’t know when I actually ovulated. Still not out the woods yet but praying we have a heartbeat in two weeks!

29. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@gorbylon: welcome!!

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@gorbylon: Welcome!! Glad to have you here!

31. mediagirl

@gorbylon: welcome to the group and congratulations!

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@gorbylon: Congrats! We are happy to keep your secret but share in your excitement Will you all find out the gender or be ?

33. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: fx for that heartbeat in 2 weeks. Do you go back on the 2nd? I had to bump my appt up, so I'll go in at 7w5d for my first scan - April 30th.

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: I had to bump mine to 4/30 as well!!!

35. mediagirl

@dc yoga bee: oh, nice! I remember being so relieved last time when I had that first scan and heard that first heartbeat. Now I really won't be satisfied until we have the testing done.

36. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: same. with my first we went in st 6w3d and the Re Said we were lucky to hear it.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@gorbylon: Welcome!! I can't believe you're going to keep it a secret for a week now, LOL!

I have an 8 week appointment. I don't know when I'm going to feel comfortable... After 12 weeks and the NT scan maybe?

38. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So I broke down today and ultrasounded myself at work again. This time happy to say I saw a strong heartbeat. There was just no way I was going to stay sane from now until next Wed when we have out appointment. I realize this whole statement sounds insane, but you know what I mean.

39. gorbylon

apple seed / 2 posts

@MrsMom: @LindsayInNY: @yellowbeach: @mediagirl: @dc yoga bee: Thanks for the warm welcome!

I just made my first appt with the dr. for pregnancy verification on 4/25. I don't think I get any kind of ultrasound until 8 or 9 weeks.
    @yellowbeach: That's awesome you saw a heartbeat! I totally get it. I would be in there everyday. I bought a doppler for my last pregnancy, just for reassurance. And definitely finding out the gender. I'm too much of a planner.

40. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: That's so amazing!!! Totally with you, My husband asked one of the ultrasound techs he works with and she said she'll do one for me the first week of May because I don't think I can wait until the 18th

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee