Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

I feel like I should add that I am pro sprinkle if your in a situation where it comes up. The sprinkles I've heard of in my area sound very cute - like a brunch with friends to celebrate upcoming babies and that sort of thing. It's a great idea to celebrate a second baby.

I'm generally uncomfortable with some of the attention that comes with being pregnant and so a sprinkle is probably not for me.

2. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Oh and in other news. I was doing pretty well symptom wise and then I went back to work. It's been pretty gross since then. The exhaustion is impossible and my acid reflux is out of control and I feel so gross and whiny. Whine whine whine. It's all I do.

The weeks were going by quickly and now I am feeling like there is FOREVER to go until it's February. Definitely been having a lot of "I wish I could stay home" moments lately.

3. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I'm having a lot of "I wish I could stay home" moments too. I would choose SAHM a million times over if I could. I hate to wish the days away, but I can't wait for February.

4. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: it's a serious struggle right now. It's partly the adjustment of going back after summer off which is always tough. And it's partly exhaustion and pregnancy hormones. And it's partly that I really really wish sometimes that I could take some time off from working while I have little kids. So it goes. We will get through it!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Speaking of sprinkles my DH says he wants to host a beer and diapers party this time, "you bring the Huggies, we'll provide the chuggies". Fine with me I suppose.

@gilmoregirl: work is soo hard with the exhaustion!

6. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gilmoregirl: Ugh, that's the worst. Hopefully things will get better soon. I agree it feels like February is *so* far away!

7. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: that's such a cute idea for a party!

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: sorry going back to work was so hard for you. Hopefully it will get easier soon.

Can I just say how annoyed I am that tons of people have commented with things like "oh with 4 kids so young you're not going back to work anyway". And I am like oh believe me with 4 kids so young I am definitely going back to work. I need to for my very own sanity.

@josina: that sounds like a great party!

9. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: @Beehive: @josina: @gentlelunette: thanks guys. After a better night of sleep and a fun morning out, I'm feeling a lot better about things. Just needed to get through the pity party.

@josina: that party sounds like a ton of fun. What a great idea.
    @Pumuckl: you know, despite my meltdown of the past week, I am generally happier going to work too. It's a nice break in a way. I just have to get back into a routine and hopefully get this reflux back under control. I think I'd be annoyed if people made that assumption too. There are lots of reasons to go back to work.

10. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: I completely agree about working for your own sanity!! My first maternity leave was the lowest time of my life. I would have neverrrrr thought this but I need to work. Trust me as my maternity leave was coming to an end I bitterly fought it and begged DH to move/find new job so I could SAH but in the end once I got back to work I was so much happier and honestly I think it makes me a better mom!

11. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Pumuckl: That would be annoying for people to assume either way! It was sooo hard for me to go back to work the first time, but I definitely know it is needed for my sanity!

Anyone feeling kicks? (I know a few were). How far along are you?
    I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and can't tell for sure if I'm feeling movement or gas bubbles yet, its driving me crazy! I want to feel this little peanut for sure. With DS it was 16 weeks so anytime now.

12. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I think I'm for real feeling baby! I thought I was around 12 weeks, but I think that was gas, haha. It feels more real now.

I had my early anatomy scan yesterday and everything was great! Little girl was wiggly and the u/s tech was really sweet and positive about everything! I have a regular appointment tomorrow with my ob but hopefully that will just be a quick check in

13. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

I can feel the baby sometimes too! Not constantly, but when I concentrate on it I can feel little movements. It's so nice, I can't wait until I can feel movement consistently.

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

I can feel baby too. I think I felt flutters occasionally at like 14-15 weeks but at 17ish weeks I feel movement at night usually. Only little wiggles so far though. No big kicks so far, I don't think.

@nana87: glad you had a good appointment. I can't believe you are at the anatomy scan already!

15. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: my practice does 2 anatomy scans-- one at 16 weeks and the normal 20 one. I feel like the 20 one is such a bigger deal though!

16. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

I'm definitely feeling baby. Love it DD said "night night baby brother!" tonight and I just about melted into a pile of mush

17. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: I haven't felt any kicks yet, but like others I do think I've felt movement/flutters. Usually at night when I'm relaxing and that's all I'm focused on. I feel like everything is going so much faster this time around... I also feel like I'm not preparing as much this time!

18. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: aww, so cute. DS loves saying 'biiiiig brother' now (half because of the tv show, half because of his big brother shirt'
    @nana87: Yay for getting to see baby girl!

19. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@nana87: I also had an early anatomy scan at 16 weeks (which will be followed by the normal anatomy scan at 20). It was nice to get early reassurances that things are developing well, though I'm still very eager for the 20 week scan!

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

I've felt the babies a while back but it has become less. It might have to do with the fact that I have TWO anterior placentas (that makes 4 for 4 babies). I do still feel tickles sometimes though.

We'll have a scan next week too which is at 16w plus change. I hope we'll find out the sex of the babies 😍

21. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Definitely feeling baby over here, way down low. Most often at night when I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep. It's such a déjà vu feeling to my last pregnancy.

Having trouble sleeping because tummy sleeping is no longer comfortable and my bladder just isn't what it used to be!

Probably won't be getting a scan for another couple of weeks. Have my midwife appointment next Thursday- she'll give me the requisition for the ultrasound and then I'll have to book it for the following week, probably.

22. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

I am so behind on this thread! Trying to catch up.

Some of you are way more ahead of the game than I am with prepping for baby #2. We looked a toddler beds a few months ago and my toddler wasn't interested so we'll probably wait until closer to the holidays to get something and transition him. Baby will be in our room for a few months anyway, so I have a good 6-7 months to make the change.

I did get some cloth diapers on sale and I looked through one tub of DS newborn clothes to see what can repurposed for a girl but didn't actually take anything out or wash. I'll wait until I put DS summer stuff away and put out his fall/winter stuff to make room in his dresser for baby sister's stuff.

I did get a bunch of baby girl summer stuff on sale at Gap that our sweet girl can wear next summer. It's dangerous shopping for baby girls! A lot of money can be blown!

@josina: I definitely have been feeling movement for awhile now but never quite sure if it was gas or baby, but pretty sure it was baby (but not strong enough that I can say oh yeah, for SURE). As of last week it's been slightly more regular but again, not strong kicks really, just more wiggley summersaulty feelings.

@gilmoregirl: I wish I could be a SAHM too. And the exhaustion is still pretty intense. I usually need to crash as soon as I put DS down. Where is my 2nd tri energy rush??

I'm 17 weeks 2 days today. Does anyone else feel they are BIGGER this time around or gaining weight at a frenetic pace??? I luckily started this pregnancy at the same weight I was when I got pregnant with DS, and lost a couple pounds and then gained it back and maintained for the first tri, but this 2nd tri is NUTS. I've gained like 8 lbs. so far, most of it in the last 2-3 weeks. It's funny because I looked at my pregnancy weight tracker from my last pregnancy and I'm actually 2-3 pounds behind where I was with him at this point. But I just feel like the fact I gained 2-3 lbs a week in the last couple weeks is a BAD trajectory to get on. I just feel so much bigger. I definitely haven't been eating the healthiest, so I need to get better about that. It's only going to get worse with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Xmas happening while pregnant!! ahhh!!

23. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Sleeping is not good here either. I'm having CRAZY dreams every night, occasionally wake up with awful heartburn, and up at least once to pee. And I was just thinking this morning, 6 more months to go yet and it's going to get worse!

Our anatomy scan is October 5th, my next appt. is Sept. 9th just general check up. Can't wait to find out what we're having!
    Once I know if its a boy or girl I'll start to prep a bit more. Still need to pick up toddler bed, I did start an amazon registry (for myself) of things I'll need to get.

@maggierose: I do think I'm bigger than last time, I've already started wearing maternity jeans where last time it was past 16 weeks (although I didn't have any either). I'm going to take a 16 wk pic next week and compare to my first pregnancy.

24. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@maggierose: I definitely feel bigger than last time too. I think I told work around 20 weeks last time, and this time there's no way I could wait that long, my bump is so obvious already (and has been for a few weeks!).

@josina: That's such a good idea to start an amazon registry for yourself! I think I'll do that too, just to keep track of the things I'll need. Brilliant.

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Beehive: @josina: Babylist is also a great one. You can add stuff from anywhere, including Amazon, Etsy, etc. I LOVE it and created one for myself and in case someone asks if I have one.

I actually don't feel bigger this time around. I've maybe gained 3 or 4 lbs and I'm 16 weeks today. Perhaps since it's been so long since being pregnant with DD (almost 5 years), but I feel like I am not showing as much. I should look at my old bump pictures with her.

oh and I am feeling flutters occasionally and the sleep has gone to crap already.

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Ha I guess I am in another league when it comes to bump size compared to the other pregnancies. My belly is huge. I am not sure on weight gain since I don't own a scale. I will know more next week when I get weighed at the dr's.
    We have checked out gear like strollers and cars (!) but haven't bought anything yet.

27. LML

cherry / 129 posts

Guess I should make an appearance here!

EDD: 2/11, but will probably deliver in January.

How far along: 17 weeks tomorrow

First child? third AND fourth! Identical twin boys!

Well into 2nd tri, so not many pesky symptoms. Just growing. I feel like I look 25 weeks instead of 17!

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@LML: Welcome! What are your first two littles?

Feb 5 - MrsA (#2) [:boy:] ; Beehive (#2)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) nana87 (#2)
    Feb 7 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2)
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2)
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)
    MaryM Frances Ruth, 8/10/16)

29. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

Since we are all already mamas, can we talk a bit about prepping older siblings?

In particular, is anyone's older child(ren) still very young? My son will only be 17 months old when he becomes a big brother. I know a lot can change in a few months with someone that little but right now I worry about prepping him for this big life change. He doesn't even sit through us reading him any of his board books yet, so I can't really picture reading any big-bro or there's-going-to-be-a-new-baby books yet.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? Or is he really just too little and anything we say about it going to go over his head completely anyhow?

30. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@LML: welcome! Another set of twins! So exciting!

31. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@LML: welcome and congrats!! Yay for bringing up the tally!!
    @WyattnewbabysMama: this is something I need to look further into. DD well be 3y3m when #2 is born. I think she has a general understanding of what is happening, I just dont' think she gets that it's a 'forever' thing and that the baby will be living with us all the time... I feel like she thinks it's like other babies she sees. She sees them, likes them, plays with them and then they go away.

So I really have no advice..

32. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: Honestly, my son is almost 2.5 and will be nearly 3 when baby is born, and I don't even think there's much I can do to prepare him for a new baby. He's old enough to *kind of* understand what's going on, but he's definitely not going to know what to expect. I don't either! I'm expecting the worst from him...he is NOT interested in having a baby brother/sister. But I think he'll adjust and learn to like this new little person. At least I hope, haha.

Once we know whether this baby is a boy or girl, I think we will talk to him about it more. And maybe get him a book or a doll or something closer to February.

@LML: welcome and congratulations on your twins!

33. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

So only thing going on over here is that we were rear-ended on our way home from work/daycare the other day and now my son is soooo sad and scared to ride in my car. I feel terrible about it. I was stopped at a red light, and a guy in a truck drove into me, so there is some damage to my car that I think is freaking my son out. I've been so caught up in comforting my son, that I totally forgot to consider the baby? I can feel it wiggling around just like normal, and the impact really wasn't that much, so I'm sure it's fine, but oops. I feel bad for forgetting. I have an appointment Tuesday, so maybe I'll just mention in then.

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: I don't think we'll do much for my to-be 27 month old either. We tell him he's going to be a big brother, and thats about it, he calls himself 'biiiiiiig brother' now sometimes, too cute. He's at an in-home daycare and is around 2 other babies right now, and LOVES them, so I think he'll be great.
    @gilmoregirl: Oh no to the accident, so sad/scary for DS! Glad you were okay, and I'm sure if you had no injuries than baby is fine too. I think the only thing my dr. would be concerned about is that I'm RH Negative so they'd probably make me come in regardless.

35. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: We're in a really different situation because DS is nearly 4, so he's all over the new baby thing (super excited, obsessed with my bump, wishes the baby were here right now - all kind of how DH and I are feeling too!). Maybe it will sink in a bit more when your son can feel the baby move?

@gilmoregirl: Yikes, so scary! I agree with @josina:, if you're feeling fine I'm sure the baby is too, but definitely something worth mentioning at your next appointment.

@LML: Hooray for another twin mama in this group! So exciting.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@LML: Welcome! Glad to have you here!

@WyattnewbabysMama: my first was 21m when my second was born and we didn't really do anything but read books towards the end, he loved kissing my belly, his sister brought him a present when he came to visit in the hospital. We also stuck to the advice to not have the baby in arms when he first met her. He loved his sister from that first moment on and still does to this day. It was a really easy transition.

@gilmoregirl: yikes, sounds scary and so sorry about your son being scared now! I'm sure baby is fine but do let your provider know.

37. tbuzz

cherry / 103 posts

I guess I will go ahead and join you ladies. I've lurked long enough.

EDD: 2/11

First child? #2 and #3
    (we lost our first at 21 weeks almost 3 years ago)

Because I'm considered high risk, I get to see my babes (and check cervical length) every 2 weeks.
    I've been on bed rest since 12.5 weeks. Thankfully, I can work from home and that passes some on the time.
    We're excited and have made some purchases. Online shopping just isn't the same though.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@tbuzz: Glad you decided to join us! Congratulations on your twins 👭! What type of twins are you having? Mine are di/di. I hope we'll find out sex this coming Tuesday. Sorry to hear about your baby #1

39. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@tbuzz: welcome! More twins!

40. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

So I'm a bit nervous today. I'd been feeling baby move earlier in the week and now I haven't felt much in the way of movement. We've been out all day at a fair so I probably just haven't had a lot of time to focus, but I noticed it yesterday too. I know baby is the size of an avacado right now, so it's possible babe is just in a different position, but I'm a bit worried. Think I might call my midwife tomorrow if I don't feel anything by the morning.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee