Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: we ended up bailing! My husband ran a 5k in the morning and I took B out to breakfast; we both were way too tired after to do more stuff. But it worked out - we started to clear out the spare room and we moved our guest bed into B's room so at least something is started!

2. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: I'm having them! Often and sometimes quite uncomfortable. It started around 18 weeks this time which seriously freaked me out, but my dr was unconcerned. They said only to worry if they develop a patttern, become increasingly painful, or there's blood. Water hasn't even been helping anymore- only lying down takes them away.

3. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: prenatal yoga sounds so good right now! There's nothing offered near me, but I did look up some stretches bc everything is achy and tight.

4. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: I didn't think I was having them, but maybe I am... does it just feel like your stomach gets tighter for a little bit? Glad to see that it's normal at this stage!

5. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: yes, RLP over here too. No fun! I've been trying to get to prenatal yoga too. It's awesome! I have a day off tomorrow and your post inspired me to book into a class. Thanks!

6. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: ya, they can definitely be a bit uncomfortable. My midwife said the same so I'm trying to not worry about them and just lie down (when possible).

@Beehive: yes, exactly. I haven't found them too painful, just a bit uncomfortable and they usually go away once I lie down. They're definitely normal!

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: haha that "when possible" sure is a challenge though.

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

I am starting to think I sometimes have BH sometimes my belly also gets really uncomfortable but I believe it is usually the result of one of the babies changing position. Since I mainly work from home and after the doctor's orders from august only work 20h I thankfully have enough time to just lay down.

9. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

I just found out my (VERY MUCH LOVED) OB is moving!

Waaaah!

I'm now not sure whether to switch practices entirely (if that's even possible at 25 weeks pregnant) or just to another doctor within my practice.

If you happen to be in NYC and are able to weigh in:

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/nyc-bees-ob-and-hospital-recs?replies=1#post-2651814

10. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: I posted on your other thread, but booo that sucks!!

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: oh boooo. That is such a bummer. I have been wishing I switched to a different practice lately but I think it's too late for me.

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: That does really suck. Hopefully you get some good rec's that will help you decide! When is she moving?

My OB will actually be on maternity leave from the end of December until I am 38 weeks so I will be seeing a couple other OB's in the interim, which could be good since I'm not guaranteed that she deliver me. Yay that she is back at the end though.

13. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

@josina: She's gone at the end of December. I'm actually going to meet with her Wednesday and do my glucose test and talk to her about what she recommends. She actually was out for her own maternity leave during 2nd trimester of my last pregnancy--so I did rotate through several doctors in the practice--and in fact a different one ended up doing my emergency csection b/c she was on call at the hospital when my water broke--but it was my doctor who came to visit me afterwards and who was and has been such a wonderful resource for me before and since.

I'm just trying to take deep breathes and trust that this will all work out. Which I'm sure it will. I'm just a bit disappointed that I'm going to have to try to find someone new.

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Based on his frequent hiccups, I think this baby is flipping all over the place. Today alone I've felt hiccups way down low and high up in my ribs...I don't know if there is some other explanation but if he's flipping a lot it would probably explain why baby movements have been soooo very uncomfortable.

15. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@tbuzz: @LML: How adorable are these?! I don't know if either of you are having identical twins, but even for fraternal twins of the same sex, I think these outfits are pretty cute!!!

16. tbuzz

cherry / 103 posts

@gentlelunette: I like it.
    I hope everyone is doing well. AFM, my February babies decided to make me a November momma. They came at 25 weeks. Both are in NICU and progessing with normal NICU peaks and valleys. I've had my own extended hospital stay due to complications, but hopefully I'm trending towards going home. I'll continue to pop in and out and update as I can. I'm just focusing on getting us all better so we can go home.

17. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@tbuzz: oh my goodness, congratulations on your babies! Im sorry to hear they arrived so early, that must have been a very stressful time for all of you. Sending so many thoughts and prayers your way that the peaks outweigh the valleys for both babes and for you and that you're all able to go home soon.

18. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@tbuzz: I'll be thinking of you and your babies!

19. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@tbuzz: sending love to you and the babies!!

20. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@tbuzz: oh my goodness! Congratulations and I hope that they continue to get strong over the upcoming weeks.

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@tbuzz: oh wow, congratulations!!! Hope your girls are getting stronger everyday! You might want to reach out to Mrs. Greengrass she had a 25w preemie too. Hope you'll feel better soon and get to go home soon so you can focus on the girls. And yes please do keep us updated either on here or FB, we'll all be rooting for you 4!

22. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@tbuzz: congrats!! wishing you four all the BEST!! will be thinking of you. Please keep us updated as you can

23. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Hi All!! How is everyone, sorry I feel like I've been mia from this board... DD has a bad cold and hasn't been sleeping all night for about 1 full week.. ugh, I am drained. Maybe she's just helping to prepare me for Feb

@WyattnewbabysMama: sorry about your dr issue.. hope it all works out in the end!

AFM, DD turned 3 yesterday so we did cake and presents, she was so happy, even though she had a rough day at daycare (lots of coughing). Her party is this Saturday, 11 kids and 20 adults. My mom and my gram are flying in for the week, so they'll be here for the party and thanksgiving. I am trying to get excited about Thanksgiving! It's my favorite. But for some reason I feel like I have too much going on to focus on it! Maybe next week everything will calm down, I am only working Monday so have tues, weds, thurs, fri off. Can't wait!

Are you all ready/excited for Thanksgiving??

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@tbuzz: Oh wow, hope you and the babies are doing as good as possible! How scary to have them so early, hoping the best for your family as you navigate the NICU.

@Ajsmommy: Hope her party goes well! Awesome for the time off next week.
    I have Wed-Friday off and we are hosting Thanksgiving with my family so we can also celebrate DS's 2nd birthday. Still need to figure out his bday gift!

Got a tote full of girls clothes NB - 9 months for this LO, so thats exciting, I'll just need to fill in with the nicer outfits and a going-home outfit yet. Also need to figure out where everything is going since DS and DD will be sharing a wardrobe and dresser (no closet), and get their room put together/rearranged.

25. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@tbuzz: Congratulations on the arrival of your babies! Thinking of you guys and hoping they get stronger and stronger every day.

26. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@josina: DD is currently in the smallest room, so we're going to move her into the big room and she and little brother will share (we will turn small room into office/playroom). But holy moly cleaning out the big room is turning into fighting for me and DH! I have to keep asking him to work in there and he says "ok" and then does nothing. It's been months! I am so frustrated.

27. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MrsA: I can so commiserate! We are moving dd from the smallest into the biggest as well. I have cleaned all the stuff out and have even already switched the entire closets, made trips to goodwill and put tons of stuff out to trash...now I need dh to move the bed and dresser..... Hasn't happened....don't know when it will!!!

28. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Ajsmommy: @MrsA: I feel your pain! We are moving our daughter to a new room and the baby will get her room. So, we are stuck until that happens. My husband is in grad school, so any available time is limited. I am hoping that we can move DD into her new room this weekend and then perhaps start painting within the next week. That is my hope at least..I'm going nuts not being able to do anything since I'll be way too big to help once we can start painting.

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: Yikes, lucky for me I should be able to do everything w/o DH's help. With DS the crib didn't get put together until we found out I was 3 cm dilated already.

30. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@tbuzz: oh my goodness! Will be thinking of you guys and your little girls.

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: @NorthStar: @Ajsmommy: We finally moved the bed from our guest room into my son's room, so at least that big step is taken care of. I also pulled out boxes of baby stuff to sort but have been putting it off. We have a desk to get rid of and need to paint and I just want it to get done but can't really do it all myself. With the holidays coming up I feel like time is disappearing fast.

32. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Ajsmommy: @NorthStar: hell must have frozen over or my latest nagging fit worked! He cleared enough out of the room last night that I could get a clear photo of the sleeper sofa to post to Craigslist! Progress!
    Now crossing fingers someone buys it and gets it out of our house

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: lol. Yay for progress. Good luck selling the sofa!

34. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Ajsmommy: so excited for Thanksgiving! We're actually traveling tonight already--dh works from home and I can too, except for days that I teach, and I cancelled my class next Wednesday. We haven't been to my hometown or seen my brother/sil/nieces in over a year, so I can't wait! Plus my best friend moved back there a few motnhs ago, it'll be so nice to see her! Our flight tonight is at 8pm though, and lo work up really early this morning so it might be really, really rough....

I had a regular appointment with my dr today and all is good! I forgot to ask about a flu shot and tdap booster though, has anyone gotten those yet this pregnancy?

35. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MrsA: oh man... I must step up my nagging game!!
    @nana87: good luck traveling! Hopefully it'll be better than you expect. And I had my flu shot at my last OB appt. Nothing about tdap though

36. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@nana87: Good luck!

I got my flu shot end of October and I think she will bring up the tdap on Monday. At my last appointment, she said that they prefer to do the tdap during the third trimester as then it gives the most benefit to the baby.

37. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: have a good trip!

My doctor won't do the tdap until after 28 weeks. This was even true with my first when I was exposed to whooping cough (outbreak in the school where I work) during the second tri. So I expect I'll have it at my next appointment at 30 weeks.

They didn't offer me a flu shot but I didn't ask either.

38. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: hooray for progress! We have a desk to get rid of in our spare room and I think I might just beg someone to take it out of my house.

39. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Ajsmommy: I cried and yelled. Not my best moment.

@NorthStar: I have an OB appt this afternoon. Good reminder about the Tdap if she doesn't mention it! I did have the flu shot already.

I also have an ultrasound tomorrow AM at MFM to check placenta function and growth. Fingers crossed all continues to look good. I feel huge so it must mean baby is growing properly, right?

40. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Ajsmommy: @NorthStar: @gilmoregirl: thanks! and hmm, I think I'll just have to ask about the shots at my next appt. I'm 28 weeks now, so in the third tri, but it was a really quick appointment so maybe she just forgot too. I thought I remembered getting the tdap around 28 with lo1...but I'm actually glad I didn't get the flu shot now, I'd hate to travel right after it!

@MrsA: good luck with your u/s tomorrow!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee