Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

My OB didn't mention the Tdap yesterday. I'll go back at 32 weeks so maybe then.

U/S went great! I posted a 3D picture they got on the FB group. Growth is great and a little ahead. Tech said 2/1 might be a more accurate due date. Placenta is far from cervix and cord insertion is right in the middle. Another u/s at MFM at 32 weeks and then if all checks out I think we are released. Turns out my Papp-a level was not just low but barely there (.009 or something?) so they're just being cautious and monitoring growth.

And to add to the fun, an overhead light tube exploded near my desk yesterday and 40 minutes later maintenance realized it was a Mercury bulb and evacuated our office. I mentioned it to the Ob and she sent me for a Mercury test today to be safe. Fun times!

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

An update, and unloading of my worries, sorry!

A few weeks ago while eating dinner, I had sharp shooting pain in my upper abdomen by my rib cage and in my right shoulder tip that lasted about 45 minutes. I paged my midwife and she asked me rest and if it didn't go away, to head to the hospital for monitoring. After lying down for a bit, it went away so I didn't go in.

Yesterday at my appointment, my BP was slightly elevated. Not crazy high, but 126/90. We had just finished talking about how stressed I was feeling so my midwife attributed it to that.

About an hour after my appointment I got a headache and it progressed into a wicked migraine. So bad that it kept me up in the night. Tylenol dulled the pain briefly, but as soon a second it wore off, migraine was back again. I paged my midwife after about 24 hours of having the headache. I was also feeling really jittery and shaky (but hadn't eaten in a few hours). She said to take two Tylenol and go home and rest. She asked about blurred vision, etc. obviously with pre-e being the concern, but since I didn't have any protein in my urine and BP wasn't too high, she didn't seem too concerned. After eating and taking the Tylenol, I felt way better.

Now the headache is creeping back in. I'm going to call her again and ask if I can come in to have my BP and urine checked (better safe than sorry, right?). I am so worried that this might be the start of something serious. I'd appreciate your positive thoughts And prayers that all is well and I'm just overreacting/worrying for nothing!

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: sounds like your midwife wasn't too concerned so hopefully all is unrelated. No harm in the extra reassurance though! Keep us posted and hopefully everything is just fine.

4. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: Thanks. I decided to play it on the safe side and go in to the clinic. No protein in my urine, and blood pressure was good. Baby was moving and kicking and heartbeat was strong. Overall, clean bill of health, minus a very persistent migraine!

5. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@gentlelunette: glad you got checked out and that all looks good! Hope your migraine Improves...awful

6. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: sorry I missed your post!! but so glad everything worked out ok!! I have to admit I would kill for your bp!! LOL mine is always HIGH. Like 140's/90's. And I'm on meds.

How is everyone else doing? Everyone who celebrated thanksgiving how did it go?? Mine was good. My mom and gram came in for a week, we had DD's third bday party (posted some pics on fb) and then thanksgiving at our house. The inlaws and 1 sil came. It was great food. But DD was constipated and trying to poop all freakin day, which requires her to hold my hand, so I ended up eating most of my dinner in the recliner, with one hand while holding her hand with the other. Her and I are also sick. She had a double ear infection and I have a respiratory infection. Blah. I am hoping we are finally about to kick it all soon. Although both of us are still coughing.

Back to the grind today. I have appt's next week and the DREADED three hour glucose test this Saturday. Am I the only one here who has to take it?? I am seriously sad about it..... it sucks!! I remember w DD the dec 2013 board I think most had to do the 3 hour but I could be wrong.

Thinking I am going to do some online cyber Monday shopping to help pass the day! Need to get DH some gifts.... DD is pretty much finished. What are you guys getting DH for xmas?????? I'm trying to pick and choose... some of the things he's asked for are:
    tool set
    new slippers (but expensive ones!! like $100 )
    stuff for his smoker (thermal blanket, thermometer)
    ice scraper...boringggggg

I did already get him a gift cert for a 90 min massage....

7. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Ajsmommy: Being sick is the worst! I hope that it resolves itself soon!

I'm doing ok, but my right rib is consistently killing me (especially in the evenings). I need to find some way to manage it, though, as I need to get some painting done this week after DD goes to bed. Other than that, I feel like I'm doing good and trying to not overdo it too much.

Thanksgiving was good, but I can only handle so much of my mom, so I was ready to get out of there on Saturday. lol. We took DD to her first movie in a theater, Moana, which was cute, although, it did have some scary parts for a 4 year old.

I passed my 1 hour glucose test last week, so no 3 hour for me. totally sucks that you have to go through that! I was so worried that I would fail last week and have to reign back what I ate for Thanksgiving dinner.

As for Xmas shopping, DD is pretty much done, except for one thing, which I can probably just go ahead and order today. But, like you, DH is so frickin hard to buy for. He only has a few hobbies and they are SO expensive (hunting and four wheeling). So, I have no ideas for him and we've capped our presents at $50 as we will be getting a kitchen table and chairs eventually as our Xmas present. I do need to find stocking stuffers too..

8. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I know what I was going to ask you ladies, what are you doing for monitors? Video and if so, one or two cameras? I am stuck on which to buy and it seems like all of the reviews completely suck, so I feel like I'm going to get a lemon no matter what brand I go with.

9. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: Hope you and DD feel better soon!
    I take the 1-hour Glucose test on Friday; I passed with DS so hopefully the same this time.
    I have DH pretty much done - I got him an ipod nano and the new Garth Brooks boxed set, and some cologne as a stocking.
    Tday was good here; we hosted and did DS's 2nd bday after. He was so much fun. Got a bunch of gifts bought Black Friday (late morning); I did venture out Tday night and it was sooo not worth it.
    Baby + belly are good too. Only complaint is the heartburn/acid reflux. I need to stay away from the ice cream as that seems to make it worse.

10. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: We are using the one I got for DS; its an older Summer model, one camera. I would really like one with the heartbeat/motion sensor for peace of mind though, so maybe I'll splurge on that post-xmas.

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: We still have and use our video monitor that we bought for DD (a motorola one), but since she is 4.5, we cannot buy additional cameras for it or a new parent unit that will use the camera we currently have. I guess the fun of dealing with infertility and having such an age difference between DD and the baby. So, we are going to have to get a whole new set. I want 2 cameras since we moved DD downstairs to her room and want to be able to see/hear her.

12. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: I just ordered a video monitor, a summer one with two cameras. We didn't use a video with DD so I am happy to switch. However, I plan to still use the angelcare one for DS for a few months in addition to the video one bc it monitors breathing and I love it. gave me lots of peace of mind with DD. So yeah, i'll be the crazy mom with 2 monitors in the newborns room

13. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: I'm using the foscam we got for my son in the babys room. B deciddd he's afraid of the monitor so I took it out of his room and we'll just use it again for Abby because I don't want to spend money on something new. We also have a cheap audio only monitor we can use as backup. It's definitely not a perfect situation but our house is fairly small so I'm hoping we can just make it work.

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: husband and I agreed not to do Christmas gifts for each other this year because we have a bunch of expensive house things to buy right now (new dryer, chest freezer, couch for playroom) and we're feeling strapped. But he realllly wants a sous vide and there was a great Black Friday sale and so I slipped.

Sorry you guys are sick - hope you're all better soon. Esp sorry to hear about the three hour. That sounds awful.

15. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

We hosted thanksgiving this year and it was nice but exhausting. Family stayed an extra day and we were able to paint the baby's room finally. Still Working on sorting out all of the junk that has accumulated in there but we are finally making progress.

I'm actually off today still for the first day of deer rifle season. It is one of my favorite things about the living in central PA - the bonus day of vacation.

16. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Ajsmommy: sorry that you guys are sick! No fun.
    @NorthStar: I think we need to get a new monitor with two cameras. Ours doesn't hold a charge unplugged and I don't know that I can even get a second camera for it.

For DH, I just asked him what he wanted. Not very exciting. At his request I picked out some casual shirts from Gap and BR.

Our Thanksgivng was great but busy! I made a huge turkey, then used leftovers to make and freeze some pot pie filling and enchilada casseroles. We sold both the couch and desk from the bigger bedroom (so exciting!!!) and my mom and DH painted the room yesterday! So now it is empty and painted. I can't express how improved my anxiety is today!

17. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: Is that an actual off-work day or do you take it off? Thats crazy, my DH would love it. Deer season starts Saturday here which means girls day for me while he's gone.

18. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: you got a lot done! My husband is in charge of getting rid of our furniture, because I would seriously pay someone to get it out of here. Having the room painted and mostly empty is making me feel sooo much better too.

@josina: It's an actual day off! I think pretty much every school around here closes for the first day of rifle season. I'm not a hunter, but I loooove the extra day.

19. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gilmoregirl: Having a day off for hunting would be awesome! My husband goes (early November), but MN doesn't give any days off for it! I would have totally used that for shopping or me time. lol

20. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

Just transferred to a new OB (after a teary goodbye to my old one and a promise to connect for coffee if I'm ever in LA); I'm going to meet my new doctor for the first time on Friday.

Also, just met with a high risk OB at the hospital for a VBAC consultation. Ultimately decided that the risks for me are too great given some unique issues related to my son's birth and to how/where this little girl is attached and so will be scheduling a repeat csection. I found her really encouraging and informative however and she assured me that 2 csections did not mean that I couldn't in the future vbac!

How's everyone doing? I'm just shy of 28 weeks and suddenly starting to notice that sitting up from laying down and bending over to put on shoes is getting to be a lot more effort. Seems like it's going so much faster this time around! Of course with some crazy work stuff plus holidays between now and then, I've got a lot to get through in the next few weeks before I can just focus on baby.

21. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Just popping in to say happy Friday ladies! Hope you have a good day. I am not looking forward to tomorrow, I am going to attempt to do my 3 hr glucose test My apt is at 715 am.

Other than that fun crap we plan to get and put up our tree!! YAY I can't wait!!!

22. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@WyattnewbabysMama: Hope your meeting with your new OB goes well today!

I am just in to third trimester! Crazy. The heartburn at night is so not fun, and yes to bending over/getting up getting hard! I've also started getting bloody noses, although none bad. (I had these a lot with DS).

@Ajsmommy: Hope you pass your test! I have my 1-hr test today. And fun putting up the tree. We ended up buying a new (fake) tree Saturday night after over half our lights were out, LOVE the new one.

23. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Ajsmommy: Good luck with your glucose test! And putting up the tree! We put ours up a few weeks ago. lol

@josina: Have you tried zantac for the heartburn? I have to take it every few days because otherwise, it's horrible. I just buy the generic version from walgreen or target (150mg) or something like that. I also get bloody noses, but so far they were worse with DD. It's been pretty rainy here this past week and not as dry, so that has helped. Someone also mentioned to rub coconut oil up there to help keep it moisturized and reduce the bleeding.

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: So far I've just been taking tums and propping myself up on pillows - does Zantac work better?

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: OMG, so much better! Tum seemed to actually make it worse for me and I can't even tell you how much better I feel after taking a Zantax. Like I said, it's maybe every few days or 2-3 time per week max that I even need it. but, man, so worth it. I've heard the mint "flavor" is best and I did see that at Walgreens. I bought mine at Target, where they didn't have that option for their generic version.

And my OB said that it's perfectly safe

26. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: I'll have to pick some up! Thanks.

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

28 week check up today. I failed BOTH labs. My hemoglobin was low so I'm on an addt'l iron supplement (or will be once I get to the store to buy it) and failed the glucose test (174 when it should be 139 or below)
    I don't suppose there is anything I can do to better my odds of passing the 3 hour one? I take that one next Friday.

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: boo on failing the tests. Well I guess technically there isn't much you can do to increase your chances of passing the 3h test except maybe skipping carbs the evening before. Besides not sure if "cheating" the test is a good idea - since an undiagnosed GD wouldn't be good.

My HB was rather low too 4w ago so they had me start an iron supplement. It's definitely helping and my numbers were a lot better this week already.

Saying that I don't think I ever updated you all after my last appointment... 🙊
    Other than the low but recovering iron levels I am now officially totally off work and just hanging out on the couch a lot. The twins are above average sized (measuring nearly a week ahead and nearly 3lbs each) and were actually in a good position for a vaginal delivery. We'll see how they're positioned at the next appointment in two weeks. On the downside my cervix went from 4cm (measured by the MFM) the week before to 3cm this week so we're hoping that trend doesn't continue. (3cm at 29w is still totally fine).

29. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: boo about failing the tests! Also be careful about iron supplements-- I take floradix bc a more standard pill gave me the worst constipation I have ever experienced, I'm not sure I've been in that much pain ever except labor! I still am occasionally taking colace to keep things moving and prevent that from happening again...

30. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: @Ajsmommy: Boo to the three hour test. I hope it goes smoothly for both of you.

My 28 week panel came back all normal which was good. I had to report the results to my midwife because hey got lost in the practices new computer system, which was less good.

I have been struggling with some pretty significant pain that I thought was just normal pregnancy stuff...it's a stabbing pain at the top of my abdomen that radiates around my belly. Once it starts hurting, there is very little I can do to relieve it and the pain gets so bad it's making me nauseated. Sitting down doesn't help at all.

At my 30-week appointment this week, the midwife found that I have severe diastasis recti and the muscles are inflamed hence the pain. It's not typically a painful condition but I guess I'm lucky. Now that I know it's not normal stuff I have been making an effort to take it easy or as easy as possible...I think it's helped a little. Midwife says we just need to monitor for now, but it's not like there is anything to be done so I'm not sure what she would be looking for?

@Pumuckl: oh, wow, off work already? Is that standard or because or the shortening? Hope you are able to take it easy and enjoy some time before the twins come.

31. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: ouch I hope taking it easy helps!!

Things have been pretty calm here, some aches and pains but I think that's all normal. My work is starting to slow down (I'm on an academic calendar and it's almost winter break) so soon I'll be able to focus on baby stuff more. Dh and I took a "comfort measures from r labor" class the other night and it was good to refresh ourselves and learn some new massage tips. I have just started thinking about birth plan stuff-- I have to decide if I want to try an unmedicated birth in our hospitals birthing center or just go to the standard labor and delivery floor. Last time I was induced so I didn't have a choice, and I did appreciate getting an epidural in the end, but the birthing center really appeals to me too...

32. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Does everyone have names figured out yet? We are a little stumped. We've thrown around some ideas but nothing is sticking.

33. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: we are totally stumped on names. It's hard finding names that match with one another and with our other kiddos' names.

@gilmoregirl: no not quite standard although my OB said she doesn't like twin moms working past 30w. Belly size and weight wise my body is now carrying what one usually carries at the end of a singleton pregnancy. Standard maternity leave is 6 weeks before EDD and 8 weeks after birth of a singleton and 12 weeks after the birth of a preemie or multiples on full pay and then up to a year on about 2/3 of pay (which can be extended if you take less than the 2/3).

34. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gilmoregirl: I think we have figured out our name, though it took us a while... unless of course she looks nothing like her name when she's born! Sorry to hear about your abdominal pain, that sounds awful.

Things are moving along over here, I can't believe it's already December. We started ordering furniture and bigger things, and will move around DS's room in the next couple weeks to assemble his twin bed, change his toddler bed back into a crib, and fit everything into the room. I haven't heard back on my 1-hour glucose test, which I took before Thanksgiving, so I'm assuming no news is good news. They did call and say that my vitamin B-12 is a bit low, so I need to get a supplement. I'm loving the big movements now - she isn't kicking so much as stretching and pushing these days, it's amazing how much bigger they feel! I think I can almost make out limbs.

35. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: we picked our name awhile ago, but we're naming her a feminine variation of fil's bame (he passed away last year) so there were fewer options to choose from:) her name will be Eleanor

Did anyone find any good Black Friday/cyber Monday deals for baby gear? I'm still stumped about which double stroller to choose and couldnt find a deal on a bassinet, but got a Tula for 15% off, a toddler bed and mattress for lo1 for 20% off, and some various toys for lo1 for holiday gifts.

36. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Sorry I've been MIA. We'be had a busy weekend getting stuff done, and during the week I am so overwhelmed by work and life with a toddler I basically just go to bed after dinner and dishes are done.

I have 3 weeks left of work before the Christmas holidays, and I had my midwife write me off as of January. I have a very healthy sick bank and it won't affect my mat leave to use it, so I've decided to use it all up. I can't wait to be done work and have some time to spend getting things organized and relaxing a bit before life gets crazy.

We spent the weekend organizing and building stuff. Nursery is painted (just need to hang the decals), crib and change table are built, NB and 0-3 month clothes are out of the bins and ready to be washed and out away. We picked up a glider but the cushions are worse for wear so I am going to figure out how to recover the cushions. We still have lots to do, but I'm glad we've made some headway!

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: how did the 3 hour test go? When will you get your results?

@josina: sorry your tests didn't go well Have you ever heard of a lucky iron fish? My friend just told me about it, and I'm thinking about getting one. http://www.luckyironfish.com I don't know if I have low iron, but I wouldn't be surprised given how exhausted I am all the time.

@gilmoregirl: ugh, that pain sounds terrible! I know a lot of people who have had a lot of success postpartum with a pelvic floor physiotherapist. Maybe you could seek out one before birth and see if they can help with the pain? I saw one in my last pregnancy for severe hip and pelvic pain and it really helped!

We also have our name picked out, barring some unforeseen circumstance. Lol!

38. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: I hear you on the stretching and pushing! I don't get a lot of kicks, but definitely punches and big swoops. It's crazy that these babies are getting so big!

39. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Hi ladies!! thank you all for the well wishes on getting over sickness and on the 3 hour test. Unfortunately, DD and I still have bad coughs. We have both finished our antibiotics so I am hoping they clear up soon! Let me tell you it's no fun having a huge coughing fit while 7 mos pg.... let's just say I've had to run to the bathroom a couple of times bc a little pee has escaped

I was able to take the 3 hour test Saturday so I should get results this week. I have a specialist apt today so i'll get measurements and stuff. Then I have reg ob on weds, probably when I find out about my blood work. I'm going to be soo upset if I have GD.

The lab told me though that I should have fasted for the 1 hour even though my ob told me not to! I failed with a 138 and they want it to be 130, the lab tech said I'd probably passed if I had just fasted!!!
    @josina: did you fast for your 1 hr?? I am so sorry you failed. I was so upset.. I'm not sure why, I guess pregnancy hormones!! hopefully you will pass the 3 hr. From everything I read it doesn't appear you can "help" yourself pass the 3 hr. I did eat a high protein dinner and then fasted from about 7 pm until the next morning for the 3 hour (but my results are still out)

40. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: That does not sound fun, I couldn't find the Floradix you recommended but I picked up a slow-release iron that is supposed to be easier on me. We'll see.
    @Pumuckl: True, I dont' want to cheat the test, I wonder if the Coke I had right beforehand hurt my levels though? We'll find out Friday! I'm nervous! -- You're maternity leave sounds awesome btw. Hopefully babies stay put for delivery!
    @gilmoregirl: At least you know what you're dealing with as far as the added pain goes! No fun.

For names I'm trying to convince DH to use Emmalyn right now. We both love Emma but it's sooo popular. My sister actually recommended Emmalyn and it's grown on us. Me for sure.

@nana87: i haven't bought much of anything yet for baby girl. We're getting another bed/mattress as hand-me-downs and the only thing I really want is a KTan or a Soby wrap. I plan on using my xmas bonus to buy whatever we need yet.
    @Ajsmommy: I'm ancy to hear your results. I didn't fast before mine (they told me I didn't need to) and since I just grabbed a mcchicken and coke from Mcdonalds on the way I'm hoping thats what made my results so bad.
    The idea of no water for 10 hrs before the 3 hr test is crazy to me! And yes I'm terrified as well of failing the 3 hour - mainly b/c this is a horrible time of the hear to have to diet, not to mention I'm having a Christmas-candy party on Saturday and I wouldn't be able to eat any of it! I should find out my results on Friday shortly after my test.
    Fingers crossed for both of us!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee