Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: aw the pain is rough though. When are you done work? I dunno how I'm going to get anything done. I have a week off at Christmas but the plain is to finally pull the trigger on potty training so I think that's what my to do list will consist of.

2. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gentlelunette: great list! Do you have any freezer meals you recommend? I did them prior to DD, but honestly, I couldn't stand how they tasted. So..., i was planning on skipping it this time, but could be swayed with tried and true recipes.

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: sorry to hear about the back and hip pain. I have been seeing an osteopath because of mine. It's helped but it's still there.

@gilmoregirl: I don't really have a list of what needs to get done but there's things like sort and wash baby clothes, order new crib mattresses, pack hospital bag, order newborn diapers, stock up on wipes, fill deep freezer with staples...

It's been a crazy week for us since J has HFM and a pretty bad case with lots of blisters at that. Poor kiddo...
    Luckily my mom was able to come down for 1.5 days and help out. That way I was able to keep my OB appointment yesterday. All is good, cervix is still long, blood pressure is fine, NST/CTG was good and best news of the day was that twin A is in a solid headfirst position. They are still measuring really close weight wise and over a week ahead.
    The only not so great thing was that they found protein in my urine so they ordered additional tests there. They weren't too worried since my blood pressure was great though.

Today we met with our midwife for the first time. She will be doing the aftercare once the babies get here. It's a great system here where all mothers have access to. For the first one to two weeks the midwife comes every day and checks babies' weights, helps with questions about newborn care/nursing and makes sure mom does okay (uterus contracts fully etc). That is especially great when you're a first time mom. After that she continues coming for another month or so or longer if needed. She was really nice and I think we'll get along really well. She was totally supportive of a vaginal twin birth so that was great.

4. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: I won't be going back after the Christmas break. My office closes from Dec 23-Jan 3, and so I just won't go back after that. I've got a ton of sick time banked, and it won't affect my mat leave since I'm in Canada, so I'm looking forward to the time off. I'm really run down and sore and there are some added life stressors this time around that I didn't have last time too.

@NorthStar: probably just sauces and soups. I'm not a casserole eater (I don't eat cheese and most of them are cheesy!) so I think I'll just freeze some pasta sauce, chill, different soups, and maybe a sheppards pie or two. I find they freeze well.

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: No list, but I should make one!
    I did get a tote of girl clothes from my mom that I finally went through this weekend and got DS's wardrobe & dresser organized for both of them. I will need to take everything back out to wash it though!
    I got my preregistration sent yesterday for the hospital.
    I have my Amazon list of things that I will need to buy yet, and will do that after Christmas (new tubes/etc. for pump, crib sheets, we need new straps for the car seat, etc.)
    I think If I make a list now I will just feel overwhelmed. Probably best to wait till after the holidays for me.

6. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: Did you set up a baby registry on Amazon? I did only to get the completion discount! I don't plan on sharing it, but you can use the 10% off discount (15% if prime member) once on one order. You can use that discount no earlier than 60 days from due date and have a wait a certain number of days after setting up the registry to be able to use the discount. I just took the one I had from DD, changed the due date, removed things we didn't need and added things we do. lol. If you put enough stuff on there, you also get a welcome box (had a swaddle, bottle, toy and a few other things). (just an fyi )

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: Yep! I need to add more things to it though, most of what I added doesn't qualify for the discount!

8. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: sounds like a good appointment. Let's hope the protein was no big deal! Sorry your little one is sick. My daughter caught a stomach virus this week and spent all day barfing, on me... being pregnant with a sick kid is no fun! I'm praying I don't catch it... and I hope you don't either!

9. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: hope the protein turns out to be nothing! I've spilled protein a couple times but it's never amounted to anything. They always just tell me to drink more water. Fingers crossed for you.

@gentlelunette: oh gosh, the stomach virus sounds awful. Hope it passes quickly. And how great to be almost done with work! The break will be nice. I really feel like maternity leave ought to include some time off before the baby comes. I am not any good at working until the end.

10. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: I think it might be the holidays that are stressing me out! There are just too many things happening at once. I did make a partial list and I feel better -- it will be manageable in the 7ish weeks left even though the next 2 are all Christmas all the time.

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: @NorthStar: We have been using a lot of freezer crockpot meals this fall which I have really liked. I think that might be one approach we take for prepping meals for baby. I think we are going to get a chest freezer for more space. our freezer now is a bottom drawer and I haaaaate it. I can't figure out how to find or fit anything.

12. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@NorthStar: @josina: Do you know if you still get the completion discount if you set the registry to private? My sisters are throwing me a sprinkle but I said no gifts so I don't want to look like I'm expecting gifts if it's public, you know?

@gilmoregirl: yes get the chest freezer! I got it for breastmilk and use it for food now I'm planning to prep crockpot stuff soon!

I had an OB appt today and our last MFM scan. Baby is doing great and no more monitoring needed. He's measuring about a week ahead and his head is measuring 35 weeks. My OB said to prepare more for a late January baby. Can't believe that!
    @Pumuckl: Hope the labs come back ok! Normal BP is a great sign!

13. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@gentlelunette: crossing fingers the stomach bug stays away for you!!

14. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: mine's private and the discount is offered. I haven't checked which things qualify yet. I don't really need that much.

And I am totally going to do the chest freezer! Just need to find time when we have a truck available to us to pick it up. Hopefully over Christmas break.

15. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

You guys...I was making baked ziti for dinner and realized it would make sense to double the recipe and freeze half for after baby. How in the world are we close enough to freeze meals for after baby?!

16. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

We set up lo1's toddler bed today! we haven't converted her crib form having a toddler rail back to crib again thought so at bed time she kept wanting to switch beds, which is funny and makes sense in retrospect it was really annoying at the time lol!

I think this is the furniture arrangement we're going to stick with, I spent awhile moving it around (I def don't recommend moving furniture while this preggo, my body regrets it!)

17. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@nana87: awesome!! I finally finished DD's big girl room this weekend too!! I'll post some pics, she is in love with it!!

Now onto the nursery.... hoping to get that all squared away next week when DH has some time to move the crib/changing table/glider from DD's nursery into the new nursery and move the extra room stuff (bed/dresser/nightstand) into DD's old nursery (room swap)

18. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

19. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Anyone finish the nursery/baby area yet?? Can't wait to see everyone's!

20. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Ajsmommy: finish?? Hahaha. It's at least painted and cleared out and curtains are up. DH needs to hang shelves and help me get started on wall decals so that will wait until I have enough energy to make him start

21. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: @nana87: Cute!
    Us- nope! I really need to girly up DS's room since they're sharing. Just waiting on a mattress and then new sheet set so we can get started! STILL need to get the fabric to MIL so she can put together DD and DS's matching quilts. Lots to do here.

22. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Ajsmommy: Ha! finished?! no way. But, I am SO close to being done stenciling the one wall and we did put the crib together last night. I need to do some finishing touches on the painting tonight and then can move the crib against the wall.

DH still needs to finish making the shelving, but is close. I need to figure out pictures and other decorative items (which is hard since we are team green). I also need to pick out a rug and curtains so that I can get those ordered around New Years (hoping for a sale).

So, lots to do here before I can even think about getting the baby stuff ready (clothes, diapers, etc.)

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: smart though!! I gotta get my freezer so I can do this too!

24. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: this looks so cute! Looks like a big room for NYC? My son switches from his bed to this floor pillow in his room at least 3 times a night. Drives me crazy.
    @Ajsmommy: too cute! I love her dress up area and reading corner.

If I get a chance, I will post my son's room (which is done I guess) and our nursery so everyone can have a good laugh. B's room is cute but crazy messy and the baby's room...has a crib in it. That is about as good as it's gonna get

25. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Ok here we go:

26. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Neither is actually all that embarrassing, esp now that I see the pics. But no one is gonna be using my home decor as inspiration any time soon.

The lighting is terrible in the picture of my son's room - his bedding and the dresser are both navy. The green was original to the house when we moved in and fortunately my kid liked it...so it stays.

27. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

So much fun seeing everyone's nurseries! They look good! In the last couple weeks we built and moved DS to his twin bed, moved around all the furniture in his room and the living room (which needs to fit the rocking chair now), re-strapped dressers and things to the walls, put the crib rails back on the toddler bed, and rearranged the contents of the dresser and closet to fit the baby's clothes. Now we just need to mount a second camera to the ceiling for the monitor, do some paint touch-ups, hang a mobile from the ceiling, and wash and get all the baby clothes ready (the last one will be a January project, I think). Nesting for the win!

28. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

This wall is done! I still need to put the glider in here and get cushions that my mom recovered. I'll upload more pics once it's all complete, but this is a huge step!!!

And rug help!!! What color rug would you go with? A friend said neutral, so will either do that or some teal/blue colors to add more color to the room (the sheets are a light teal).

29. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gilmoregirl: it is a pretty big room for nyc! I think it's something like 10x11? the rug is 8x10 and there's space on each side...definitely makes it more possible to have the girls share a room for now, though it does feel a bit crammed--the a/c and heating units under the window are awkward for furniture, and as it the door and closet on the opposite wall not shown

@NorthStar: love the wall!

30. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Love all the nurseries and big kid rooms. The twins will move in with us so no nursery over here. The changing station etc. is our bathroom (it helps with three in diapers). Hopefully we'll score a good deal on baby mattresses after Christmas.

Other than that things went from "all is perfect" to not so great within a day over here. I think what happened was that I had something for lunch that I had an allergic reaction to which caused me to trow up multiple times. I finally got allergy meds into myself and felt better but then noticed oh boy I think I am having contractions. We tried waiting it out but it didn't get any better so after some calling around we decided to go to the hospital. Our hospital which has been doing the risk MFM US and where we plan to deliver adviced us against coming since their NICU is full, so now I am in another hospital on the other side of town with room in the NICU. Luckily after some fluids, meds and my first steroid shot the contractions have slowed down. Still in the hospital where they are monitoring me and give me anti contraction meds. Tonight I'll get the second steroid shot. But everyone's pretty optimistic that the babies will stay put. The big question for me now is though whether I will get discharged before Christmas or not.
    Oh and lovely side effect of having a family suffering from HFM, I am quarantined and nobody gets to visit but my mom. Sucks...

31. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: Love that wall! I think I'd go with a colored rug since everything else is neutral? But of course I'm only seeing the paint/wallpaper and crib.
    @Pumuckl: Oh no! Glad that everyone is feeling the twins will stay put. I hope you get to go home before Christmas and that your whole family is healthy by then so you don't have to stay quarantined!

32. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@Pumuckl: Oh dear! I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope the babies stay put.

33. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: @Beehive: thank you ladies. Yeah people only enter my room wearing gloves, mouth pieces and protective coat. Ugh... I am not even sick! The plus side is a private room though. Just don't want to miss Christmas with my other two!

34. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Pumuckl: oh my goodness, that sounds horrible!!! I hope this is short lived and you can join the remainder of your family before Christmas.

35. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Pumuckl: oh dear! I hope those babies stay put and you get to go home to your other loves soon!

36. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: so stressful and such bad timing before the holiday. I hope everything works out for the best. Thinking of you and your babies.

37. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: that stenciled wall looks amazing. I can't believe you did all that!

@nana87: I'm sure it's hard to get everything into a small room. When I lived in the city (philly, not NYC) we had weird angles and crammed walls and could only sit sideways on the toilet. Your girls' room looks great though!

38. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@NorthStar: gorgeous!!!

@Pumuckl: Hope you are doing ok. Update when you can! Sending good thoughts to you and the babies.

39. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Ugh I was so cocky and thought I escaped the cold that DD and DH had earlier this week. Not so lucky. Bah humbug!

40. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: super sick here too..hit me hard yesterday. Hoping we can all kick it before Christmas!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee