Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@MrsA: @gilmoregirl: ugh I have a nasty cold too, also caught after dh and lo had it first! I think I'm on the mend, but it has not been fun! Between the cold and my hips/pelvis area feeling especially achy, I've been feeling VERY pregnant this week

2. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Just a thought for my fellow Feb mamas: I was able to order my pump through insurance already even though it's more than 30 days before my due date. Just wanted to get it locked in and taken care of.

3. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsA: thanks for the tip! I am going to wait until 2017 in case it hits my deductible cause I haven't maxed that out yet. What kind did you get?

4. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: good call! My current insurance only offers reimbursement for the manual pump of my choice, up to $30. Which is bs. We are getting a new provider Jan 1 so I'm hoping maybe they'll offer something more appropriate?

5. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: the thing I hate most about colds is there is so little we can take? I wish I could get just a little relief.

6. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@NorthStar: I was pretty sure mine would be fully covered so I just went for it. I have a Medela PISA already so I picked the Spectra S2 this time.

@gilmoregirl: that is so stinky! I thought they had to cover double electrics now! Hope your new insurance is a bit more reasonable in their coverage.

@gilmoregirl: agreed! My pet peeve is people who drug themselves up with DayQuil and come into work claiming to be "fine". Nice that you can take meds, but you're still germy. And coughing while very pregnant. Dangerous

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: well, I guess I haven't looked into it since I had my son 3 years ago...maybe it will have changed! The deal then was that they had to cover *something* but there was no requirement as to what that actually was. I ended up with 2 PISAs from last time so I should be fine either way (one was a gift and one was from my husband's insurance).

8. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: ah, just read your update... that sucks! How are you all doing today? Is it looking good that you'll be home for Christmas?

9. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Live seeing all the nurseries in progress! Ours is still being worked on. I need to find some fun ways to bring more of the coral/pink into the room. I'm thinking of recovering the glider I bought in a coral fabric for a pop of colour, and definitely some wall art over the change table and on the other walls!

10. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gentlelunette: That wall look beautiful! Where are you going to look for wall art? I think that will be my next goal, but it's hard since we are team green.

11. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: love the nursery so far!!!
    @Pumuckl: ugh, so sorry for your situation.. how are you doing today??? hoping those babies stay put and you can go home!@gentlelunette: gorgeous!!

I can't wait to work on DS's nursery. It won't be as beautiful/pintresty as you guys... but I still can't wait My mom is visiting this week so she is currently sleeping in there. Hoping to make progress on it after she leaves.

AFM... I have been monitoring my glucose levels, pricking my finger 4 times a day. My fasting numbers (first ones, before breakfast) suck but every other one is good. I just emailed the nutritionist so I guess now I just wait. It's so frustrating. I am over it!! I'm such a baby but I just don't want to do it anymore..and everytime the number is "good" I feel like "why am I having to do this!?!?!?"

12. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@NorthStar: thanks! I have a few things pinned on Pinterest so I'll probably just DIY some wall art. Someone was giving away wooden letters on a local buy and sell that spelled the name we picked (is that a sign or what?) so I'm going to repaint those, and then maybe do some simple canvases.

13. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Love the gold dots! And definitely a sign.
    @NorthStar: Etsy has some really cute artists. I duplicated some woodland watercolors I saw there.
    I'll share a pic of the room once I get it set up better / get the new toddler bed moved in! My MIL is working on the blankets, I'm soo excited, they're adorable.
    @MrsA: Thats awesome you got your pump already, I don't think I can get mine till after baby, If I remember right I needed a 'prescription' from the dr (or something similar) to get it. I have my old one but need to order new tubes/etc.

14. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: I just asked my doctor and she said that I can get it in the hospital, so I have to wait until then. Kind of a bummer, but I remember doing the same thing when we had DD.

So, I've scheduled my csection! We had an unplanned csection with our first (after 2 days of labor) and I had been going back and forth on vbac vs csection. It took us a lot to get this baby and with no local family and coordinating care, we decided to just do the csection route. So, we will be welcoming a valentines baby! Just under 8 weeks away since I am 32 weeks today.

15. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: how exciting!!!! I honestly can't believe how soon our new baby's will all be here!

16. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: oh I love your pattern wall too!

17. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: scheduled already! That's exciting!!

My coworkers have started discussing how I'm gonna go early, and when they think it will be, which is so irritating. There is no reason to think I'm going early and I hate to even get the idea in my head because it will make me crazy on those last few weeks. I'm counting on going a few days late so I have a little bit of time at home with no work and no newborn!

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@NorthStar: so cool you know your baby's birthdate already.

@gilmoregirl: wow, your coworkers are being mean.

@Ajsmommy: sorry about all the pricking. Glad the levels are under control without insulin though.

As for me, the doctors had me quit anti contracting medications yesterday noon. I was supposed to take it slow yesterday and ramp up the moving about today. When all stays quiet I get to go home tonight or tomorrow morning just in time for Christmas (which is celebrated on Christmas Eve here). So FX...

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: The countdown is on. There is definitely a benefit to knowing exactly when baby is coming!
    @Pumuckl: Hoping everything goes well so you're home for Christmas!

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So update: I'm home 🏡! Hardly any contractions anymore and dialation has stopped too. So I got sent home with strict orders to take it very easy and to lay down a lot.

21. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@Pumuckl: yay!!

22. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Pumuckl: YAY!!! awesome! Glad you can rest and be home for Christmas. Be sure to listen to the doctors, though, and take it easy!

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: yay! I'm so glad you're home. I hope everything stays calm for you for the holiday.

24. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@Pumuckl: Hooray! Wonderful news. Enjoy Christmas with your family!

25. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Thank you all for your good thoughts! Coming home for Christmas has a new meaning now for me! 🎄
    Wishing you all a happy holiday today/tomorrow!

26. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hope you had a great day and Santa (if you do Santa) was good to you and yours

27. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Ajsmommy: Merry Christmas! That photo is amazing.

Our family came to us this year so we didn't have to travel and I'm so grateful they did. Now I'm back at work for this week to save my vacation time for mat leave. My DH and SIL are taking care of DD. I'd say mentally I'm half at work

28. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Happy holidays everyone! We stayed home this year and had family come to us which was really nice. It still ended up being a little exhausting but I'm lucky to have off from work until the 3rd.

We are potty training in that time though soooo it's also a little crazy. He's ready and it's going well but it's a lot of extra work at the moment. Looking forward to this being a little more routine

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: oh early potty training is just hard. Hope he'll have it figured out in no time.

We also have a lot of visitors this Christmas/New Years since we are not going anywhere and even with just two kids under 4 life is busy. I am of no help at all so DH has pretty much all the parenting and household duties so it really helps when there's someone there to help out.

Had an OB appointment today and the NST was good. My cervix has shortened further since last getting measured on Friday so that wasn't the best news. I am not dialated though so that's better news. I also lost some weight since two weeks ago which nobody said anything about but not so great either. (I am probably the only twin mom not gaining weight over Christmas). Babies' growth has slowed a little too they are now more or less measuring on track and not ahead. Overall the OB was happy though. I'll see the MFM next week and we'll see what she has to say.

30. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Pumuckl: so glad to hear your update!!

Happy New Year, mamas! Our babies will be here this year!
    ...maybe even some this month???

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: oh gosh, so crazy to even think. But at 35 weeks tomorrow I am feeling ready to get this baby out.

Back to work Tuesday and then I have just a month until my leave starts. I'd really like him to be a few days late so I can have a little time at home before baby, but my second choice is during the last week of January so I can skip parents night for the spring semester. It feels close now!

32. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: glad you had a good appointment! Hope everything stays steady for you.

Oh and Christmas break potty training was a success!! So a one month break from diapers ha

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Hope everyone had a great holiday / new year! I am back to work today after having all last week off.
    @gilmoregirl: Awesome on potty training success... we tried wearing training undies a couple times... and ended up with pee on the carpet so def. not ready here although he wants to do it all by himself.
    @Pumuckl: Glad your appt. went well and that you're not dilated yet!

Today is 50 days till my due date. DH is hoping to have baby the 17th, since he has a 3 day weekend. lol. I would like to go sooner than later but we'll see!!
    Getting sooo uncomfortable when lieing down. Sleep sucks and waking up choking on stomach acid is awful, twice yesterday - and I am taking Zantac now.
    Got the crib and toddler bed set up finally and a few decor things hung up in the shared room... so might be able to share a picture soon! Also ordered off my Amazon gift registry last night some smaller things I needed.
    And the new OB I saw last week (mine is on Maternity) sent in the prescription for my pump already - so once I call and make sure Insurance is okay with that I can go pick it up! Nice!

34. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: thanks! I tried once in the summer when my son was a few months past two and it was all accidents, no success. So we shelved it cause I knew I wouldn't have the energy or patience to push through. This time it was relatively easy! I'm sooo hopeful that it will stick when he goes back to daycare tomorrow.

Your acid reflux sounds seriously awful. I've been struggling as well. It's just so gross. I'm taking Zantac 2x a day at my midwifes recommendation (I've been resisting the second dose) and it helps but still a struggle. I'm pretty sure it's why the evening nausea has returned.

35. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: Congrats for having some progress in getting ready for the baby! I kind of wish that I could get my pump ahead of time, but my OB said they do the prescription/ordering at the hospital.

@josina: @gilmoregirl: For the reflux, have you noticed any trends in what you are eating (especially at dinner/evening) vs how bad your reflux is. I finally looked up some common triggers, which are milk and chocolate. I was having a huge glass of milk at dinner and sometimes a chocolate or two after. I started cutting this out last week and have noticed a huge improvement in my reflux at night. I actually haven't had to take any Zantax in the evening the past few days, whereas last week, I had. Just a thought to get you through these last few weeks. I'm now downing my craving for milk earlier in the day

36. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@NorthStar: Oh yes, I think Chocolate is a big culprit for me. Thank goodness the Christmas candy is almost gone so there won't be the temptation anymore! Ice cream was equally bad and I don't have any in the house.

37. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been totally MIA. The holidays were so crazy, but so awesome and so so necessary. I hope you all had wonderful holidays! I can hardly believe that our babies will be here soon. 34 weeks today and praying I don't have to wait 6+ weeks to meet baby. Lol. A few days or a week early would be soooooo welcome! That said, I have a lot to do to get ready!

Has anyone packed a hospital bag yet? What are you putting in it?

@josina: @gilmoregirl: Oh man, the heartburn is out of control. I've been taking Zantac a lot over the holidays. Chocolate is a culprit, for sure, but overall it doesn't seem to matter what I eat. I get it so bad it hurts in the back of my neck and face. It's brutal!

38. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gentlelunette: I've started a pile of stuff for my hospital bag, but nothing is really 'packed' yet. I'm bringing various things for the baby (pajamas, swaddle, etc) since we are having a photographer come in to do some pics. I have nipple cream, bra pads, my camera, charger. I am also going to pack a super warm blanket and have other stuff to include too. It's just hard to do too much until right before we head into the hospital.

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: sorry about the reflux, sounds terrible. For me it's just like @NorthStar: said, very much food related. While pure chocolate is okay, chocolate cookies are killing me, same goes for spicy foods.

@josina: had to laugh about the 17th. We're hoping to make it to the week of the 17th, January though 😉

Really looking forward to the appointment on Thursday to a) see if things have stabilized and b) talk this whole birth (and especially the vaginal birth) through.
    I must admit that not with any of my other pregnancies have I ever felt this done at only 33 weeks. It is also getting really uncomfortable since the babies are getting heavy and big the skin on my belly is slowly tearing which really hurts (I never had stretch marks with my other two). Oh well Thursday I will be 34 weeks so then it's just one more week that I have to make it through. That's because after 35 weeks babies don't have to automatically go to NICU.

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: @NorthStar: I might still have to unpack some of the stuff from my hospital stay before Christmas ☺️ In the end one doesn't really need too much right away. Most things are fine when you get them the next day.
    I'll pack a pajama, nursing bra, clean top and bottoms, socks and travel toiletries. Clothes for babies and their stuffed animals DH can bring on day 2.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee