Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Happy New Year everyone!!

I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone 35 weeks yesterday, and I'm getting a little anxious about my to-do list, both for work and in terms of getting organized for lo2! Lo1 was born at 37 and so far I don't have the same complications that made it so that I'd be induced early (low fluid) but I still feel like it could be early this time too, and I want to be ready!

@gentlelunette: I haven't started packing a bag yet, but I started a list; last time I didn't have my bag packed and really regretted that, but I feel like I still need the stuff I have on the list, I don't know how to pack it ahead of time!

2. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Oh goodness time is going so slowly and so fast! 35 weeks and change here. I'm down to 3 more weeks at work.
    We've been busy getting the shared kids' room ready. We'll be moving DD this weekend so I'll share photos then but decals are pretty much done, and shelves are up!
    I need to do lots of laundry at some point. I've piled stuff for the hospital as I've found it but still not "packed". Need to get the car seat down, etc.
    Wrote out info for DD to share with all the potential caregivers. That's the part I'm most anxious about, and the part I have no control over. I've definitely cried a good bit lately about DD and making sure she's taken care of.

3. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Oh and heartburn here too but mostly ok with lots of tums. The worst "surprise" is that I'm having issues with milk and ice cream now. I've switched to Lactaid and coconut based stuff and that's helped. But not fun. And I'm really hoping this gets better when DS arrives. I love my milk and ice cream, and I'm already gluten free so it's just been an adjustment.

4. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: oh man, so crazy to be thinking about a hospital bag already! I think I packed mine at 36 weeks last time when I found out I was already 3-1/2 cm dilated. That was a kick in the butt.
    I will bring for me: robe, toiletries, warm socks, nursing pillow, sweats to wear home, nursing tank/bra, phone/charger, camera, kindle.
    For baby: going home outfit, blanket, car seat, a couple diapers. ??

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: Yes to laundry. I need to pick up some free & clear yet and start washing baby girl's clothes.

Are you guys planning on DH's staying with you in the hospital or going home to be with LO's?

6. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: I got our laundry done and all gender neutral stuff put away this weekend! This included sheets, swaddles, etc, so it felt great to get that accomplished. I still have a fair amount to do, including art work for the room. But, that will likely have to wait until post-baby so that I can make the room more towards whatever we end up having.

DH also put in the car seat base this weekend, so that is ready to go!

I do still feel like I have a lot to do, but it's getting there. I just have a hard time doing much in the evenings because of my rib and back pain.

7. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: As far as DH staying at the hospital or not, I'm still trying to figure that out. Our csection is scheduled for 8am on 2/14, which means that we have to be there at 6am and that DD would have to stay someone the night prior. I really don't want her to miss Vday at school, so I am going to ask if we can move back the csection by 2 hours so that we can drop her off at school that morning. That would make childcare much easier and then we will have her stay with a friend that evening. All these dang logistics make it difficult and being on a "holiday", even more so.

After the first night, we would probably just have DH stay home with her and drop her off at school and pick her up after.

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: my DH will definitely be going home. Usually he stays late, especially the first day, and then comes back mid morning. I think we'll be doing the same thing this time.

9. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: we're planning on having my parents stay with lo1 so that dh can stay with me. She's never spent the night without at least one of us though! It'll be at our home though and she's so close to my parents that I hope it'll be okay....

10. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@josina: we're planning on my sister or DH's parents to stay at our house withDD so he can be at the hospital. We'll see how it goes and make adjustments as needed.

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

I'm hoping my parents will stay at our house with B and my husband can stay overnight at the hospital. But I do expect he will probably be back and forth a little more this time so that he can help B adjust? We don't have a plan really. Will just see how it goes.

I get acid reflux from just about any food, as well as a too empty stomach. Chocolate is definitely a trigger though, boo. I got a ton of chocolate for Christmas that I'll be saving for post-baby.

I've started thinking about packing a bag but won't actually do it until much later. I am going to start gathering supplies though. I had nothing ready after my son was born and had to go out to target the first day home for maxi pads and nursing tanks...never again haha. I'll probably get an Amazon order together soon.

And we ordered a dresser and glider for the nursery that arrived today!! I can't wait to get them set up and get organized.

12. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

You guys.... I procrastinated working all day today (was working from home) and organized all of the clothes lo1 has grown out of instead 😂 Nesting in full effect!

13. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: oh my goodness!! That's on my list of things I need to do! I've just thrown everything into bins haphazardly and now I need to sort! I've made it through a few bins (fortunately mostly newborn and 0-3) but have lots left to go through!

14. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gentlelunette: That's what I had done before--just threw everything haphazardly into boxes or tote bags in her closet, but it was getting to the point where if you opened the closet, clothes would fall out onto you! I moved lo1's clothes into a bigger dresser today and put the nb, 0-3m, and swaddle clothes into her old one, and then organized alllll the rest of the clothes by size (those are the various piles!). I also moved heavier boxes and more furniture around than I should have by myself and am definitely feeling it now, booooo

15. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: @gentlelunette: I was off for nine months with my first so his clothes are really organized through that point...it's all a giant mess from there. For the last six months I've just been tossing the too-small clothes in a corner of his closet. It's out of control. But I'm good on newborn stuff at least!

I was so excited to have the guest room all cleared out but it's covered in stuff again! I washed a lot of baby gear this weekend and now it's being stored in there...it's crazy looking now.

16. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: Woo hoo for progress! Looks like it was a lot to go through!
    I have DS's clothes in bins 'roughly' by size; I need to pick up another tote though to clear some more out.

Thanks for all the responses on if DH stays or goes home. We only stayed one night with DS, so I would prefer to have him stay with; he handled diaper changes for me and would hand DS to me so I didn't have to get up.
    We have an hour drive between the hospital and home. DS can stay with big sis (14) and then gma (lives next door) but it will be his first night without us and he always comes to our bed at night, so I'll feel bad if we're not there!

Forgot to share that my MIL finished the blankets last week! LOVE them!

17. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: such beautiful blankets!

We have a ton of bins of DD's clothes as well, but I've been good about keeping them organized. So, if we have a girl, we will be mostly set. There is a 3.5 month difference in birthdays (february vs june), so the weather difference will require some additional clothes, but otherwise, we should be fine.

I just got back from my 34 week appt (34 weeks tomorrow). I'm measuring 32 weeks, but she didn't seem concerned and my weight was the same as two weeks ago. The heartbeat remains in the 150s and baby seems to be head down (although, we are doing a repeat cesarean).

18. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: those blankets are so lovely!

@NorthStar: sounds like a good appointment!

19. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks the last few nights. Not sure it's indicative of anything but it's kind of exciting. Lol.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning and I just realized I haven't pre-registered at the hospital yet. They told me to do that 8 weeks ago. Haha. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning!

20. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Reposting our due dates as some of us are getting pretty close!

Due Dates
    Feb 3 - WifeMama24 (#1)
    Feb 5 - MrsA (#2) ; Beehive (#2)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) ; nana87 (#2)
    Feb 7 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2)
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2)
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)

Babies
    Nov - TBUZZ (#3 & #4) Nyla & Laila

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: lovely blankets and cute photobomber! I'm in the process of finishing my second blanket, first one is finished.

@nana87: I should have taken care of our baby clothes while I was still allowed to move around. Oh well, we'll figure something out, they won't have to be naked.

@gentlelunette: always exciting if something is going on. Hope preregistration doesn't take to long.

22. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: love your blankets! And how cute is your son. An hour is a much tougher drive...we are only about 15 mins from the hospital so we will prob be able to go back and forth more. But my son has stayed with my parents before while we were out of town, so I think he'd be fine if my husband stays with me.

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: my hospital doesn't even do pre registration! I guess I'm ok with not adding that task to my list.

24. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

What do you mamas make of this: I was totally wiped yesterday so I headed to bed about 8. Then I had roughly an hour or so of consistent back cramping that felt very much like my early labor (back labor) with DD. I couldn't fall asleep during it but could easily breathe through. I'm only 35w5! I have an OB appt this afternoon but I sure didn't have anything like this with DD. I sure hope I'm not in for weeks of false labor

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsA: oh no! But, luckily, they can do a check when you see your OB this afternoon. How far along were you had DD?

Have any of you had to pee in a cup or had any cervical checks yet? I'm 34 weeks and haven't had either of these. I think that it's more odd that I haven't had urine tests this whole time (except first appointment), but then, it's been almost 5 years since we had DD and perhaps I am just forgetting how this all works!

26. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@NorthStar: I had DD at 38w5d. Not there yet!

I've had to pee in the cup at every single appointment. And with a big belly in the way now it's getting harder to aim The joys of pregnancy.

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: No experience with this but hopefully your OB can help.
    @NorthStar: I have to pee in a cup every appointment. I wish they had a better contraption for doing this!! Its practically impossible with a big belly in the way!
    First cervical check at 36 weeks. Last time I was already 3-1/2 cm dilated.

28. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: I thought it was odd that I wasn't peeing in a cup! The one time they had me do it, they had this awesome cardboard thing attached to the cup to hold it easier and better. I would imagine that it's super useful with a large belly in the way. lol.

29. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: @MrsA: @josina: I have to pee in the cup every dang time too!! every time I think to myself how it's so unsanitary and gross and why isn't there a better way!!!! especially with the big belly in the way!!

30. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@NorthStar: I've also had to pee in a cup each time (including today's appointment). I'm 35w5d, and they start cervical checks at next week's appointment (and do the GBS test next appointment too). It seems like so many appointments to go weekly, until you realize it's really only 3 or 4 more appointments! Crazy!

31. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@MrsA: I find I get a lot of cramping at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. It's not consistent, but it's this odd sensation of tightening and I get a bit flushed in my face. I can pretty much just ignore it fall asleep and in the morning it's gone. Hopefully your OB can shed some light and out your mind at ease!

No peeing in a cup here, but I do pee on a little PH stick at every appointment. It's definitely getting harder to aim!

I don't think my midwife does cervical checks until later in the game. Last time, they checked me when I was 39+6 and did a stretch and labour started later that day. Don't think they'll do anything prior to that this time either.

32. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I also have to pee in a cup every time. No cervical checks yet-- in not sure they do them ay my practice unless you're having contractions. None yet (I had an apt today at 35+4) this pregnancy and last time I didn't have a check until I was admitted for my induction at 37 weeks

33. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

Hi everyone. I haven't really posted much but I am still around! Will be 36 weeks on Tuesday and feeling ready to be done. I am at that point where even maternity clothes are feeling tight, ugh! I've gained nearly 35 lbs and get all kinds of bummed out every time I see that scale inching up towards the 160 mark (I never got higher than that with my son but I wouldn't be surprised if I do this time!!)

Baby is a peanut, I was measuring 30 weeks at 33, my midwife isn't worried though and didn't even measure me last time, just felt around and said she's probably around 5 lbs. My son was small so I think I just make small babies! Head is down, locked and loaded!

We got most of the baby stuff out of the basement last weekend and just have a few more things to do, clothes to wash, etc. For the most part we are good. The pack and play is set up in our room and I'm starting to think about getting my son used to the idea of his big boy bed but his crib is still going to be for him if he wants it the next few months. He's been sleeping with us the last week or two cause he has been sick, probably not the best move but I am enjoying our last 1-on-1 cuddles. Starting to feel a little sad he won't be an only child much longer.

I feel fine, just tired and big and had a bad cold around the holidays. Was having bad heartburn for a period there but it's been okay lately. I would LOVE if this baby wants to come a week early or so...although I am also fine with her waiting since the longer I work, the more into spring I can take my leave! Although it's hard to sit all day and concentrate at work at this point, I'd rather just be home!

Hoping this month goes by quickly, we are that much closer to meeting our babies!

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@maggierose: I know what you mean about cherishing these last moments with our only-LO's! DS is sick with a cold, and I rocked him last night for 15 minutes or so, All the feels!
    We moved him to his 'big boy' bed last week, the first night he wanted to sleep in his crib still, but once I rotated them in the room and put the crib rails back up he was fine sleeping in his new bed... although he's in our bed everynight within a couple hours anyways.
    As far as weight gain - I have passed what I weighed at delivery with DS, (and have 7 weeks to go!) hoping to slow that # down a bit now that the holidays are over!

35. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: I'm technically supposed to bring pee to each appointment (they give you a cup at your intake appointment) because they want FMU but I think it's disgusting so I always do it when I get there. But I've had to do it at every appointment so far.

36. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: @MrsA: I've been getting a lot of cramping at night too though so far it has been different than early labor with my so. The pressure has definitely been increasing lately. I know my practice usually does a check at 36 weeks when they do the GBS swab so that's next week for me. I haven't decided if I want to be checked yet.

37. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@maggierose: I'm growing out of everything too! Dressing for work is basically impossible now. I wore a LOT of leggings this week but I don't have enough dresses/shirts to wear with them so I guess I'll just wear the same four things for the next month....

38. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@gilmoregirl: I'm headed to the OB shortly. I know they're doing the GBS swab today. With DD I declined cervical checks but the cramping last night really threw me. It was definitely noticeable peaks and releases like early labor, not ongoing cramping.

39. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@MrsA: yeah that definitely sounds different. Everything I feel is so sporadic and usually goes away with lying down. But I'd be a little concerned in your shoes (not a lot or anything - just worth asking). Good luck at your appointment!

40. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Ok back from OB. She's not too concerned about cramps/contractions. She said if they increase in intensity to call but it sounded like false labor. Baby boy is very low and head down. GBS swabs were easy, just around the "areas" rather than internal like I remembered. Down to weekly appointments now!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee