Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Synchronicity: I love charting! So great to "see" what your body is actually doing, right?!? Are you on FertilityFriend? Hopefully we both O today! Yay O buddies!

2. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bananasareyellow: I am! I'm on CD20 already so ready to get this show on the damn road! Haha

3. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Synchronicity: Do you know how to "friend" people on FF? If so, friend me! I'm at: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bananasareyellow

4. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bananasareyellow: I didn't know you could do that! I'll try to figure that out when I get to work how did you change your name to your hellobee user name?! So many things I don't know lol

5. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Synchronicity: Haha - I love FF but it's not intuitive! To change your FF web address go to your chart on a desktop computer (the app is very difficult to do anything), then the "Sharing" tab at the top, then under "Charting home page" select "Setup" and you can change your web address to your username there. To friend someone, go to their home page and click on the "+Friends" button at the very top. That lets us stalk each others charts.

6. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@bananasareyellow: I've just started charting again, but when TTC the first time, I saw a pre-O temp drop about half of the time. For what it is worth, on the cycle I conceived my son, my O was late (CD18, usually CD12-15) and my OPKs looked near positive once before I got a true positve and O'd. Just some reassurance that a late O can make a healthy baby!

7. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@azjax: Those delayed O cycles are horrible - I had a couple when TTC previously - waiting to O was always far more difficult for me than the TWW - the delayed O cycles were torture!

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I took 1 cycle of clomid before my doctor moved me to letrozole (femera). I was a bit more emotional on clomid (or if you ask my husband, a lot more emotional) and had horrible hot flashes that woke me up every morning around 4am. My lining was at 7.5mm and my doctor prefers to see it over 8mm so I switched. Granted I developed cysts after my letrozole cycle so no idea what the future holds for me.

9. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bananasareyellow: ahh. Thank you! I'll wait until I'm home on my computer to attempt it

10. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@junebugsmama: Lol! I know, isn't that crazy?!

@bananasareyellow: that OPK looks great!

My OPK this morning was promisingly dark. So I'm in that boat where I'm considering that I ovulated on 1/22 and still taking OPKs in case I haven't ovulated yet.

Oh, and I saw the old school FRER yesterday at the store. One box left and it was $19.99. The new curved FRER next to it was $14.99. What the?!

11. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@madisonbee: Just as an FYI, if you've already ovulated your OPK would be pretty much negative (i.e. super light) by now.... Also, I ovulate late (so annoying!) and I would be very surprised if after ovulating on CD50+ that you suddenly ovulated near CD14 (or even CD20). You are being very smart to to continue to take OPKs.

I say this out of love... because I've been there. I'm a late ovulater and had a similar thing happen one cycle where I had a close to positive on CD14 (but definitely not a positive) and really wanted to believe I had a short surge and missed it. It ends up that my body tends to gear up to ovulate and then not actually ovulate - another bee who also ovulates late has the same thing happen. I ended up ovulating on CD30+ and completely missing it because I was so sure I was in the TWW. TTC truly is a mind f*ck.

Back to lurking.

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@LBee: Oh I totally get ya. My OPKs were almost positive last week until Sat morning, then the last few days have been super faint and light, then getting darker again today. So I'm just playing along now.

13. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: mine did that too. Dark then light then darker then POSITIVE. It was very obvious when I got a true positive (on CD19). I had a positive again this morning (CD20) but a little lighter. Thinking today is O day but who knows?! I'll just be watching for a temp shift I guess. Hoping it happens soon for you!! I tested 2 or 3 times a day lol.

14. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Synchronicity: Yeah I saw your updates! I'm feeling good about this! I'm glad I have a bunch of OPKs still because I'll be using them a lot the next few days.

15. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: pee on all the things!!

16. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Synchronicity: I hope you get a this cycle for starting this thread! @knittylady started the Jan POAS thread and she got hers. This is one of those things that I hope goes around.

17. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: oh no, the pressure!!

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I have an appointment with my RE Feb. 16! So hopefully after that I will have a plan for moving forward.
    Still not sure what's going on with my body though. I saw some red blood this morning so hoping that it turns into a period and then everything gets straightened back out. Maybe I'll still be able to POAS in Feb?!

19. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: That's great! I hope that appointment gives you the answers you need.

20. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@mrskansas: I hope it's a true period and I am so glad you have your appt set up!

21. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Hmm. I started getting very light cramping in my lower left pelvis before I left work. While driving and now at home, it's causing me to pause every now and then because it gets pretty sharp.

Ovulation cramping maybe?

ETA: Gunky EWCM on toilet paper and my cervix is a little higher.

22. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@madisonbee: woohoo!!

@mrskansas: Common, body!

@bananasareyellow:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/synchronicity

For the love, that website isn't much more user-friendly than the app! Brutal. Did I do that right?

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

TTC really is a rollercoaster, I'm on CD 10 but I have sore boobs and am breaking out like I'm past ovulation. I haven't had ewcm yet and this would be freakishly early for me to ovulate. I guess I'll start opks tonight to help figure it out.

24. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Weird! Good luck on the OPKs. Sore boobs really throw me for a loop.

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Anyone ever have a weird OPK where the control line is lighter than normal? This one fooled me since both lines look pretty similar but they were faint like this before it dried.

I know I said I wasn't using these anymore but I only had a few drops of spotting today and quite a bit of ewcm.

26. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Synchronicity: perfect! It does look like today is probably o day for you- good luck!!

27. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I haven't had an OPK like that. Maybe it's a dud?

28. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bananasareyellow: phew! Haha thanks! Fingers crossed! In your expert opinion, do my temps look crazy? This is my first time! Haha

29. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@Synchronicity: they look perfect! Very typical for pre-o temps.

30. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bananasareyellow: oh good, thanks lady!

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: sore boobs are the worst in terms of symptom spotting and confusion for me

32. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I have never had a control line like this. Why are you using OPks?

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I really don't know. I had a bunch of EWCM today so my not so logical brain decided to use one.

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I've been there...especially with HPTs.

35. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: with cheapies I think you have to throw out any weird ones or you go crazy

36. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

Ugh I hate waiting for opk+ too. Was hoping today but maybe tomorrow ... im ready for the 2ww!

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

So I just took both of these. The top is from the same batch as the faulty one above and the bottom is a new batch. They look positive in person ?!

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

39. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Yeaaa....if it was me, I would take that as a positive.

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

That's actually the most positive test I've ever had. I am SO CONFUSED.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee