Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I've gained about 28 lbs. With LO1 I stopped gaining at 36 weeks so I'm hoping I only gain another pound or two until then (34 now) and that will be it. Hopefully it slows down for you too! But I do believe within reason your body does what it needs to do.

2. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm sorry your platelets are dropping and just in general the anxiety about your birth experience last time. I can commiserate a little though my experience was obviously different, but I am really hoping for a different birth this time but it can be hard to stay positive! I got to chat with my midwife yesterday about the risks of a VBAC (which are basically the most dangerous for the baby) and that was fun

Anyway, I experienced some of the same as you with very little break between contractions way early in my labor (which turned out to have not been doing anything productive) and it was rough to learn that I was only 2 cm when we arrived at the hospital after many hours of labor like that. What's helping me be positive about this delivery is that my body has a better idea what to do now so hopefully it will be easier this time. Obviously the platelet issue complicates everything but I really hope your labor is a better experience this time.

3. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@tosun: Congratulations!!! What a cutie! Glad you weren't too hampered by the weather!

Wow y'all....it's about to get real, eeeek!

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@tosun: at a little doll! She's so cute!

5. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@tosun: Yay, congrats on your sweet baby Jordan! Great job mama, way to kick off the February baby births!

6. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I've gained 37 lb. from my starting weight and 40 since my lowest weight during the first trimester (from nausea and limited appetite). I started at 172 pre-pregnancy and I was at 209 this morning. That said, I'm only 5'3" so I was a bit on the chubby side to begin with. My mom and DH say I've lost weight in my face and butt and my boobs have not grown at all - probably because so much of my calorie intake is diverted to the babies and I definitely haven't been able to find space for the additional 500-600 calories that are recommended for a twin pregnancy. Just remember more weight gain is better for your baby than less!

7. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@tosun: she’s so gorgeous! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!!

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@tosun: congratulations!! She is beautiful Hope you are recovering well.

9. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@tosun: yayyyy, congratulations!! Hope your recovery is going smoothly, though total bummer on the cord blood

10. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@dominobee: Thank you!

11. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@skiierchck99: Thank you!

12. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@MaryM: Thank you!

13. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@petitenoisette: Thank you!
    @CatchAFallingStar: Thank you!
    @theotherstark: I am recovering well, just a little sore down there from the stitches I got from 2nd degree tear. Thank you!
    @DesertDreams88: Thank you!

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Daaaang anybody else getting headbutted in the cervix on the regular?

15. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: that is literally the exact language I used in an email to my mom today, so yes!

16. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: Lol! It’s excruciating! And usually a surprise!

17. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Yes! And it hurts so bad! Yesterday he was just super active in that area and it was definitely hurting me.

18. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@dominobee: yes! It’s so painful! I saw my OB yesterday and she said it’s actually a good sign so I guess I’ll just try to focus on that?

19. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: awful! It happens mostly when I'm in bed trying to sleep. I've also been having tons of BH and keep waiting for it to progress into something else, but no luck yet! I'm starting to retain water and my shoes are too tight today. Ugh. Enough whining for me, but I think I'm officially over being pregnant.

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Oh sister you and me both! This morning I was Googling "babies born at 36 weeks" to see what kinds of risks there are. I feel bad for wanting these babies to be born! Full term in one week so I'm realllly hoping it happens soon. The perk to giving birth next week is that I'll be totally done with work and will have a few days to relax before becoming a mom. It would kinda suck to work one day and give birth the next!

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: that's exactly how my last two pregnancies went. I worked Monday, went into labor Tues, had the babies on Weds just after midnight. I hope you're able to have a few days off before that happens! Friday is your last day, right? Any special plans for your birthday??

22. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: @bushelandapeck: You ladies are way ahead of me and I too am like ok I am over this, how am I going to be pregnant for 5+ more weeks??? I'm feeling ok physically but sleeping is such a drag and I am just ready to be able to sit on the couch like a normal human. Also I am getting excited to meet this little lady!

@dominobee: hopefully you get a few days to rest and get ready once you're done working! Kind of like @bushelandapeck: I worked my due date, went into labor that night and had the baby a day later. Well actually, I had been off work 2 weeks prior because of February vaca and a week of snow days so I guess I scarcely was working at that point

Have you ever seen this site? http://whentoexpect.com/

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: My kid has been super low and this has been the story of my life for over a month, like @bushelandapeck: especially when I'm in bed trying to sleep. For me, definitely the most uncomfortable part of pregnancy. You are getting so, so, so close!

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Yes, last day is Friday! On Thursday I have an ultrasound in the morning, then lunch w/ my husband, then I have a birthday tarot card reading and an OB appointment in the afternoon. After that I'm just going to relax at home because I'm sure I'll be pooped! Friends have been asking me what I'm doing and I've had to tell them I probably won't see them unless they want to come by and sit on the couch with me, haha!

On the plus side, our list of things left to do in prep for the babies is very short and very minor:
    -charge video monitors
    -choose nighttime music (to set a routine for the babies)
    -put up stickers in nursery (our friend bought us Peanuts sports-themed nursery stickers, they're so cute!)
    -put plastic on window in nursery (it's cold here and our house is old)
    -put car seats in van

Other than that we are totally ready!!! Kind of hard to believe since it seemed like an impossible to-do list at the outset.

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I'm slowing down sooo much it's hard to believe I'll even make it past Friday (though really I hope to!) On Saturday I overdid it with physical activity - meaning I did 3 loads of laundry, changed the sheets and duvet (which is so much work when you're pregnant LOL!), shopped at Target for like half an hour and then unpacked and repacked my birth bag w/ some new goodies I got, which involved a few up-and-downs from sitting to standing.

I went to bed at 10 and woke up at midnight and could. not. move. The pelvic pain was so intense. I called DH (literally called his phone haha) and asked him to bring me Tylenol and a heating pad and help me take off my sweatshirt and change positions because I couldn't even do that much. Then at 3am when I woke up to pee I knew I was on my own because he was asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. I used my Hypnobabies techniques to deal with the pain and made it to the bathroom and back all by myself! Woo! Pain is definitely much better today, two days later, but I asked my midwife practice for some chiropractor recommendations to hopefully stave off pelvic pain for the rest of this pregnancy. And obviously I just basically can't do any chores around the house anymore.

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette: Wow that is so cool! I think it's funny that the highest percentages are right around the full moon. I have heard that more babies are born around full moons which would be 37+2 for me. I bet we'll get a spate of our February babies coming Jan 31/Feb 1!

Also it's less than 1% chance today but jumps up to 5% chance tomorrow! Then back down to 4% for a few days, which is kind of weird, right?

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: sounds like a great birthday! Add in some cake and wine somewhere and I would be in heaven

Our brand new car is being serviced for the second time in a month due to a check engine light....and it won't be done until sometime next week. They were kind enough to switch out the carseats for me and the loaner car is the same model as mine, but it's annoying to think of having to swicth them all back next week. I have a base for the infant seat installed if we need it, but I have yet to bring the carseat out of the box. I also still need to put back together the pack and play for our room. I ordered a few things on Amazon this morning and bought another new nursing bra yesterday while at Target. I think I'm pretty much set and can grab whatever last min things I need once he's here.

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I'm thinking I'll probably go into labor that day too, if history of my Weds babies is any indication for how this one will go! I'm interested to see if I've dilated more when I see my OB tomorrow.

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Oh yes there will be cake! Wine is a maybe

30. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

oh there's a lot for me to read and catch up on!

Anyone else noticing a decrease in baby movement? I know I've read many times that's normal because baby is running out of room, but it's still weird to me, I distinctly remember LO1 being very active up until being born. I think I'm going to have to make fetal-kick-counting a regular nightly activity.

31. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: I haven't had much of a decrease but this baby is a MOVER! If he wasn't moving very often I would definitely call my OB after doing some kick counts because it would be very unusual for him.

32. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@DesertDreams88: I have noticed a decrease in movement or at least the big rolling sort of movement. Now it's more like a jab of a foot out of my side. I've been trying to pay closer attention to it because it does worry me a little bit...but everything was normal during my US last week and when I saw my OB on Friday. It's weird because my first had hiccups all of the time so I got used to feeling him pretty frequently.

@bushelandapeck: I feel ya on the car situation. We got into a minor car accident last week (everyone is fine) but our car that the car seat is supposed to go into is now in the shop for 2 weeks, so we moved everything into DH's car and will just have to switch it out again.

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

“You look like you’re ready to burst!” yells the man from across the street. Oh cool thanks for sharing your opinion on my body. 😒

34. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@bushelandapeck: So over being pregnant too. I wore my the only shoes that fit with my work clothes. I don't have knees or ankles anymore. Just tree trunks.

t minus 2 weeks from today. I'm so tired due to the multiple bathroom trips in the middle of the night. I'm also battling a cough (of which I really hopes goes away before my c section (ouch)). Everything is a struggle, getting pants and socks on.

35. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: omg!

36. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: @dominobee: @Honeydew: I'm both over this and also hoping to go long enough that this rib thing heals before L&D. It's definitely getting better! I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I think I'll probably get to 41, 42....depending on when/if they induce me. Family history, and no real signs of dropping or even much BH yet.

@LadyDi: @bushelandapeck: My brand new car needs to be serviced too! It came home pulling and I am supposed to bring it in tomorrow - hoping it's a one-day fix.

I'm at work looking for a "bringing home baby" outfit - anyone have suggestions? Someone remind me that it doesn't matter....and that I should resist the instagram effect!

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm getting headbutted in the ribs and kicked in the cervix. I think my ribs are literally bruised in one spot.

And I totally got out of bed last night and revisited with the doppler because I was freaking out about him not moving. I'm so used to him being active when I lay down, and for some reason he was chill. I'm not sure if he's totally moving less, or if the movements just aren't as strong.

I finally got the ok today from my VP to mostly work from home starting Feb. 5. I'll be so happy to not have to endure that commute! And that I can nap during lunch.

BH and indigestion have been driving me crazy lately.

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: How rude! I can't get over the things people say/do when they see someone is pregnant.

@Honeydew: I hope your cough goes away too! I feel like I've had a cold everytime I've been pregnant and I just can't shake it until I give birth.

@LadyDi: Do you have a date yet? Your LO is breech correct?

@skiierchck99: I bought a fairly gender neutral outfit for his LO that I found at Marshalls. It's cute and warm so that's all I really cared about. My other two were summer and fall babies so I felt like I had more options with the weather being warmer. This time I just want to make sure he isn't cold! I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it on here.

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@skiierchck99: I just packed what we had, that was clean, and would be warm.

I got a newborn outfit handed down from a friend. It's a gray and white onesie with pants and a jacket. I think the onesie has stars on it and the jacket stripes. Then I packed a 0-3 month one piece long sleeve/long pants outfit that has navy and white stripes. And socks and a heavy blanket.

Nothing especially instagram worthy, but they're cute outfits.

I got this outfit and was going to use it as my NB size one...but the practical side of me doesn't want to take the tags off NB clothes until after I have the baby in case he's not ever NB sized.

https://www.bestdeals.deals/products/baby-boys-3pc-dinos-long-sleeve-t-shirtbodysuitpants-set-just-one-you1

40. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@skiierchck99: Our "going home outfit" is the same one that DS wore It's just a cute blue outfit that I got from Kohl's though, nothing fancy.

@bushelandapeck: They thought he was breech but at my US last week it was confirmed he is head down! I don't think he flipped, I think they were just wrong. Since DS was an emergency c section I have a one scheduled for February 2 but will try for a VBAC if I go into labor earlier. Can't believe it's less than 2 weeks!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee