Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 Moms!

1. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

We sure are a quiet bunch! How is everyone doing? I'm still having daily all day headaches (taking riboflavin and magnesium) and vomiting at night. Oh, and tailbone pain! Fun times.

Had my 16 week OB appt this past week - so far so good!

Can't believe it's September!!

2. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I was just thinking the same . I'm sorry your still feeling crummy, I think I'm finally coming out of it, but I'm not going to say that out loud .

I had an appointment this week too, and we've got an active one in there. My OB kept losing the heartbeat with the doppler (luckily we heard it right away, so I knew it was in there), so she asked if we wanted an ultrasound. It was nice to see an actual baby-looking picture since I didn't have a 12 week nt scan.

I don't know if any of you have looked into it, but I found the "nub theory" when I was pregnant with my first and have been guessing my friend's baby's sex on early ultrasounds so I told my OB about it. She thought I was completely nuts, but based on this little one's nub, I'm 4 for 4 .

3. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

2/5: @milano14: (#3)
    2/9: @LabradorLover: (#1 ), @zojirushi: (#2)
    2/13: @Mrs. Oreo: (#1)
    2/18: @pinkarmadillo: (#2)
    2/22: @cyntist: (#2)
    2/23: @BadgerMom: (#2 )
    2/24: @Miss Sarah: (#2)
    2/26: @sunshinestatemom: (#3)

4. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

bump

5. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

I’m doing great! I feel like I have the glow that everyone talks about and am just so happy. I can’t wait for this baby to be here! No more sickness for me, that ended about 4 weeks ago, thank goodness.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

6. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

I've been thinking we're quite quiet too! I stopped my Bonjesta about six days ago and besides a couple of bouts with nausea, I think my morning sickness is gone (knocks on wood).

I'm excited for my appt this Thursday! No ultrasound or anything, but hopefully will get a chance to hear the heartbeat! Anatomy scan is scheduled for October 10th, so I'll be over 20 weeks and feeling impatient by then! Haha. Acupuncturist still thinks it's a girl. Something to do with my pulses... we shall see!

7. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@LabradorLover: Yay, I love that glow This pregnancy has caused more of a “dull” instead lol. And today a giant hurty zit in my nose crease.

@Miss Sarah: Glad you’re feeling better! I still seem to get quick bouts of nausea randomly. Like the other day I had to pull over and vomit in the gutter 🙈. But at least the all day feeling of constant yuck is gone.

I had my first bout of nesting this week which consisted of organizing the laundry room cabinets lol.

8. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@LabradorLover: aww, glad you're feeling better! my glow is like a "dull," just like @badgermom says.

@Miss Sarah: good luck with your appt! I had a doppler only at my last visit and heartbeat was so crazy loud and fast. i'm curious to see if your acupuncturist is correct!

9. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@BadgerMom: @Mrs. Oreo: More of a "dull" over here, too. In fact - currently breaking out like crazy on my chin! Ugh! And while my belly is growing, I look like I've eaten too much pizza rather than like I'm growing a baby!

10. cyntist

coffee bean / 42 posts

Glow? Oh, right, I forgot there’s supposed to be a glow. It’s definitely a dull for me, too! But I’m now feeling lousy 10-20% of the time rather than 80%, so that’s an improvement!

11. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Miss Sarah: hahah! I giggle when people say "aww, look at your bump!" because let's be real, it's more bloat than bump at this point. So, it's my blump.

@cyntist: That's good! I wish I can get to feeling that percentage of lousy these days!

12. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

Has anyone felt any movement yet?

I think I can, but my OB was doubtful. I'm 15/3 today. With my first it felt like butterflies or slow popping popcorn, which started around 18 weeks. But this time it feels like a tennis ball floating around my abdomen pushing on things. I even went to bend at the waist the other day and felt something hard.

13. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@BadgerMom: I have felt the "slow popping popcorn" feeling a couple of random times, but nothing consistent. I felt movement with my first around 17-18 weeks as well, so I know it's right around the corner!

14. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@BadgerMom: I have felt some flutters but not much else yet. I have had minor cramping for a short period of time but have no idea what movement actually feels like yet since this is my first baby. I’ll be 18 weeks in two days so hoping I feel something soon!

15. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Had my check-up today and had a little scare. Doctor couldn't find the heartbeat (worst feeling ever), so she went and got the vscan. She found baby jumping all over the place! So cool!!

16. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Miss Sarah: Glad everything worked out ok! Sounds like we just have active ones in there!

17. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

How's everyone feeling these days? I'm relieved my nausea has dissipated, but the newer symptoms are starting to wear me down. I am getting almost daily headaches, but I think it's probably due to my biggest complaint - insomnia! Anyone else? I wake up for 2-4 hours a night, I usually end up hungry and HAVE to eat before I can even think about falling back asleep.

18. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Miss Sarah: I'm sorry things are still rough. I seem to be coming out of the fog. My only issue is that when I have a "big day" (ie. being out and about all day, walking a lot, etc. nothing super strenuous) I'm EXHAUSTED the next day. Like totally useless by the afternoon.

I'm super excited today because I found maternity jeans that I like and actually fit. I never found maternity jeans that worked last pregnancy and had to spend the whole thing in leggings, but the Old Navy Maternity Premium Rockstar jeans are AWESOME. They have a full panel and an actual waste band so that I can wear a belt to hold them up.

19. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

Where are we all?! We're so quiet!!

20. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Miss Sarah: I'm here!! I have my anatomy scan today at 2:30 and am SOOO excited to see our little girl! I'm 19+3 today and cannot believe I would've had to wait until today to find out gender if we hadn't already known. I can't imagine people who wait until the baby is born! Definitely could never make it!!

I have been having muscle spasms and definitely some stretching going on, hoping to feel the baby soon! Got my little bump showing for sure now and it feels great!

How is everyone else?

21. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@LabradorLover: I still have to wait until October 10th to find out (I'll be 20w4d) and the anticipation is KILLING me!! Update us with pics after your u/s!!

I am doing well; just feeling tired and wondering where that second trimester burst of energy is!! I also still wake up in the middle of the night EVERY NIGHT, so that could be a contributing factor. My headaches have backed off though, so I'm happy about that.

I have also felt some more movements!! It's baby #2, so I think it's normal to feel it a little early. I'm excited for it to intensify though and be more regular.

22. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

Here is our little girl! She was laying on her back but sort of tilted inward as well so this was the best profile we could get from her! Everything at anatomy scan came back measuring well!

23. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@LabradorLover: Yay! Congrats on a great anatomy scan!!!

I can't believe we're far enough to be getting these done already. I have mine scheduled for Oct 9th, but it does seem a little anticlimactic when I've known it's a girl now for weeks.

I can't decide if I feel movement or not... Sometimes I think oh yeah, there it is, and then I'll feel nothing for a couple days, so who knows...

I've started to do a little clothes shopping when I run into something I can't live without. I'm actually finding girl clothes shopping MORE difficult than boy clothes were and I can't believe it.

Anyone started thinking about nursery stuff yet? I know it's early but I can't help at least work things around in my head. Last time we painted the room at this point in the pregnancy. I think we'll go with a loose southwest/boho/modern feel.

24. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@LabradorLover: Beautiful!! Glad to hear everything looked good!

@BadgerMom: I haven't thought much about the nursery, but more about DDs big girl room. The nursery was painted with gender neutrality in mind, so besides a few wall decorations, we won't change it much. However, daughter is moving to a much larger room that needs painting and furniture... ugh, we should probably get started on that!

25. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

We already have tons of girl clothes because we have been shopping many times. We had a closet full of boy stuff so after my TFMR, we emptied the closet and I couldn’t handle it so we went shopping!

As for the nursery, we have always said it would be an outdoorsy/woodsy theme for boy or girl, just with different colors. I’ve found some decorations and such on amazon but have yet to buy anything yet. I feel like I need to start moving on that, though! We do have the furniture and a wood sign that spells out her name that we just need to stain so at least we have something!

26. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Miss Sarah: Yeah, I'm right there with you. We completely remodeled the house we're in when we bought it two years ago and we left two rooms untouched. One of which is DS's big boy room. So yeah, we have quite a bit of work to do before the nursery can take shape as well.

@LabradorLover: Sounds like you have a good start. You still have lots of time really. But it is amazing how it can get away from you. I was outside painting a daybed for his room the weekend before DS was born and his crib skirt is still a bolt of fabric in a box in the attic lol.

@Mrs. Oreo: How goes?

27. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@BadgerMom: I'm here, I'm here! Feeling so-so. Most of my energy and feeling good is in the morning. Then usually after lunch through the rest of the day until the evening, I'm getting sick again. At least I'm home for the most part when I've felt the worst, so that's my upside! Lol.

@Miss Sarah: Oct 10th feels like lightyears away, but it's not so far! Excited to hear your update!!

@LabradorLover: Aaaaah! Such a cutie pie! Glad the scan went well!

My 20 week scan is later this week, so I'm excited to see the little peanut. We're not finding out and everyone has been more intrigued by it than anything. I started feeling baby move about a week or so ago, but this past weekend was undeniable. Sunday night, DH and I were laying in bed watching TV and we had such a wiggler that he was able to feel baby's little punch/kick through my belly. It was pretty fascinating! Then I spent the rest of the night trying to get comfortable because baby wiggled most of the night and kept waking me up. I can only imagine what it's going to be like as this pregnancy progresses!

28. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Good morning, everyone Baby’s anatomy scan was all good!

29. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yay! Beautiful! Did the tech do a good job concealing the gender? I think being team green is so exciting. I wish I had the balls for it lol.

I had my 18 week appointment this week. We’ve decided I must have an anterior placenta cuz this kids heartbeat is tough to find. I had a resident trying who kept stopping on my heartbeat, I was like, “Nope. That’s mine. Too slow.” Eventually we found it kinda high up on my right. It’ll be interesting to see how everything is positioned in there during my anatomy scan.

30. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: aww so precious!!!

31. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

2/5: @milano14: (#3)
    2/7: @zojirushi: ( ) - (#2 )
    2/9: @LabradorLover: (#1 )
    2/13: @Mrs. Oreo: (#1 )
    2/18: @pinkarmadillo: (#2)
    2/22: @cyntist: ( ) - (#2 )
    2/23: @BadgerMom: ( ) - (#2 )
    2/24: @Miss Sarah: (#2)
    2/26: @sunshinestatemom: (#3)

Any other updates on sex? We're at the halfway point (or close)!!! Keep us posted!

32. zojirushi

pea / 24 posts

@BadgerMom: I've totally gone MIA, I'm sorry! I actually have a new EDD of 2/7 and we are having another girl!

33. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@zojirushi: No worries, life just seems to move faster with these second pregnancies lol. Congratulations!!! Lots of girls so far!

34. zojirushi

pea / 24 posts

@BadgerMom: It totally goes by faster on #2! So much less time for keeping up with new mommy's groups...oops. Lots of girls here - so exciting! My December 2014 mommy's group has a handful of pregnant again mommies (i think there are about 7 of us) and the 5 of us who know are all having girls! Crazy. Congratulations to you as well!

35. cyntist

coffee bean / 42 posts

@BadgerMom: Another little boy for me! My anatomy scan is in a week and a half

36. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@cyntist: Congrats!!! Our first little boy on this board and me too, mine is on the 9th.

37. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@cyntist: @BadgerMom: Mine is on the 10th! It needs to get here!! Especially because I am not so patiently waiting to find out the gender!! Haha.

@Mrs. Oreo: Beautiful profile!!

38. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@BadgerMom: our tech was really good and gave us warnings ahead of time to look away. Such relief!!

39. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

I finally reached the point the last couple days where I KNOW what I'm feeling is movement. All of a sudden my tennis ball floating around pushing on things turned to lots of little jabs, bubbles, rolls, down below my belly button. I'll be curious on Tuesday to find out how she's positioned and where my placenta is.

40. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@BadgerMom: I’m feeling that exact same stuff!! Right under my belly button, too!! Yesterday was the first day I put my hands in there and was actually able to feel it, besides just on the inside if that makes sense. So exciting!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee