Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@yellowbeach: @Kaohinani: @karenbme: thanks ladies! I’m such a basket case. I think I just certain that if this is a no go I don’t think I can go through this again. I just feel like it should be darker by now as with even my prev chemicals I had a better line and better progression!

The top is yesterday am and the bottom is today am.
    I did use the spin bike last night so drank a lot of water (it’s the only thing keeping me sane through all of this) but not sure it affected concentration really by what I could “see” lol

2. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Oops sorry let me try the pics again

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: That is super faint. 🤔 Okay, here is my take on your HPTs:
    (1) FRERs are super sensitive and pick up on residual levels of HCG (which are always in a woman's system from under 1-miu to 5-miu), so you may NOT even be pregnant... Which means it wouldn't be a CP and that is awesome! It is a neutral situation.
    (2) Worst case scenario - it is a CP. That scenario stinks so we can ignore it, right? (Let us think positively.)
    (3) Your BFP needs more time to build HCG. It could be a late implant OR an implant with a slow rise (72-hours instead or 48) which means testing day and night or 2 sequential days would not lend to much variation. In this case, you are preggie but just need more time for the blastocyst to generate more HCG ... which is fine, and the best of all 3 situations.

In any case, you have 2 options:
    (1) get a beta to confirm your HCG levels to find out if you are pregnant or not
    OR
    (2) Wait 2 more days to test and see if that produces a darker line.

I so want this for you and I have everything crossed that you will get your beautiful, dark BFP soon.

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: k, I see it on the first, on to the next one.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: here is the 2nd one, doesn't look quite as pink (same exact filters) but the heavy water intake could effect it. If you had really clear pee this morning, it could have been too diluted.

6. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: @karenbme: Thanks, I try my best not to lose my mind every cycle. Most of the time it works and this community is a great help. I don't feel old or that I'm getting old or anything like that yet, but my dream of being a young(ish) mother is slipping through my fingers. Right now I really wish I could have a baby or at least get pregnant before my 30th birthday.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Hey, I had G at 34 after all. 30 is a great goal but it could be just that -a goal and not realistic. You could end up pregnant this cycle OR at 31. In fact, my MIL tried having children for 5 years before she and FIL adopted 2 children (one whose mother was a teen and couldn't keep him and a prematurely born girl who was born at 28 weeks and only 2 lbs when they received her!) ... aix and half years later (at 36) she started "feeling funny" and found she was naturally pregnant with my DH. My DH and his older siblings are 7 and 8-1/2 years apart! That was 11-1/2 years trying to no avail before their happy surprise! Her story keeps me going just the same as your determination does.

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: that sounds very realistic, AND you're going to see a doctor for evaluation soon... And that's always promising.

BUT, when I thought I had it planned out, I was going to be done having babies by 30 😂 (that might be why 30 is a little scary for me). Turns out I'm not, but will hopefully be pregnant again in no time.

I do admire your patience!

9. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I know I might not make that deadline, that's why it was "I really wish I could" vs "my goal is". It takes longer for some than for others and I have still to go back to the doc, I have options and I haven't given up yet. I just have had it in my head that I'd like to have kids sooner rather than later, my mother had me a month or so after turning 21, so I thought I would have a similar experience. On the other hand, she had my four siblings between the ages 37 and 42.

10. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you! I’m hoping for number 3!!! It’s just not very reassuring. I could get a beta because I’m part of the local recurrent loss program but I think part of me is scared to know ykwim ?
    @Sams Mom: thank you so much for tweaking them for me!
    Weirdly today’s looked more pink in person but they are SO faint it’s realy hard to know 😐 ugh I wish it was more definitive

11. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: Classic case of "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans".

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: would you rather be surprised by AF or by BETAS? Not meant to be harsh, but which one would be easier on you? Or waiting 2 more days?

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: TRUTH! Our son was the same deal kind of 😂. We swore up and down, 3 YEARS married before having kids... Found out 3 MONTHS into marriage that I was 6 weeks pregnant 🤣

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Completely off-topic of TTC or POAS but since my clients left, I have been folding 32 "cootie catcher" Valentine's 🥰 for DD. I still have to have her label and sign each and then candy them up. I'm dying over here 🤯🤪😵 ... I NEVER want to see another cootie catcher as long as I live! 🤣😂

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I have never heard them called that

I think we called them fortune tellers when I was in elementary/middle school.

I do not envy you in the least!

16. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@paranundrum: @Sams Mom: 100% agree, there's no controlling this, you're either lucky or you're not. My in-laws tried for 6 years with nothing, and found out they were pregnant with DH's brother the same day they got word from an adoption agency that they had a possible match. And with DH and I, we were going to start trying about 5 years ago, but I went in for a check up just to make sure everything was in working order and the doctor found I had a little bit of uterine cancer (carcinoma in situ, nbd, totally gone now). But the recommendation was to avoid trying for at least 2 years after I was clear because the surgery can make it hard to maintain a pregnancy because the uterus is weaker and the 2nd and 3rd trimesters put it under a lot of stress. We ended up waiting 2 1/2 and now here we are almost 2 years past that, so who knows.

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: OMG, you are a saint! Why did you let her pick such involved valentines???

18. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Sams Mom: 9dpo here. Tests are still stark white and had a temp drop today so I'm not feeling super confident. I looked back at my old BFP charts and I got squinters at 10dpo and 11dpo so all hope is not lost. I have a relatively short LP of 11 days so should know for sure by Friday if I'm knocked up. Thanks for checking in.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: 🤔 Because I an a glutton for punishment? 😵🤣😂🤣😂

@Sams Mom: We called them fortune tellers as well wayyyy back in the day. 😉 However, they are now called "cootie catchers." IDK why. DS can't say "cootie" so it sounds like "coochie" with his lateral lisp! 🤦‍♀️🙄🙊🤣

20. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Huh, I always called them cootie catchers... Wonder if it was regional and spread? Coochie catchers is hilarious though.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: that's amazing! I used to babysit a little boy while I was in college and he said "dump fuck" or "dumb fuck" for dump truck 🤣 or at least that's what it sounded like!

So hard to keep a straight face and not encourage it!

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: @Kaohinani: now I'm intrigued. I'm from the Midwest, where are y'all from/raised in elementary-middle school?

23. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Sams Mom: I went to elementary school in ME, and then moved to upstate NY between 6th and 7th grade. Both places called them cootie catchers.

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm from the NE. Born in CT and lived there until I graduated from QU (early entry) and Yale. Got married while in college and never looked back beyond visiting family. 😂 Annnd, now you know ... 😉

@Karenbeme: Maybe it was the Catholic school I attended? 🤷‍♀️ ... I think the nuns would have been upset if they were "cootie catchers" rather than "fortune tellers." 😶😶😶🙄😂

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: that doesn't make sense 😳 both of you are new englanders

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: See response to Karenbeme above. 😉

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: my Pentecostal sect-ish church definitely did not appreciate "fortune teller" 🤷‍♀️🤣

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: 😳🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

We called them fortunate tellers as well (VA)

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: you wouldn't think I was raised that way, would ya? 😂

31. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: Idk, it could be catholic school or socio-economics more generally. Now I may have two masters degrees (from UChicago and RIT), but my lifestyle growing up was more fast food and demolition derby than private school.

32. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I know how you feel. It’s so stressful getting a BFP and then worrying about losing it. I have lost 4 this past year too. It just sucks and takes the joy out of seeing a line I see the lines on both of your tests. What dpo are you?

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Actually, in my younger days I dated 2 Jewish guys who rebelled with tats and a former Jehovah's witness who blew off everything that his family held sacred ... After those three young gentlemen, I will believe anything. Also, one of my close friends (from Catholic grade, middle, and HS) is now atheist. People go their own way and either detach from religion or find it in a new manifestation. It is very personal.

34. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Hey ladies! I need to come back and comment more specifically to catch up but I have a quick question.... had my beta and progesterone checked today and my results just came in. My progesterone is 21.31... According to the lab work it shows this is low for first trimester but then some googling looks like it’s fine... any advice? Maybe I should have waited to hear from my OB tomorrow instead of reading the results myself but I don’t have the patience for that!

ETA: my hcg is 242.4

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: I knew I liked you so much for a reason! You are amazing! By the way I couldn't agree more with you. Some background- I have an associate's in arts which was undeclared (just from my UCONN classes in H.S.), 3 bachelor's in which all have minors (Mass Comm with a Child Developmental Communications minor, English with biology minor and Exercise Science with a Biomechanics minor, a M.ED in Cross-cultural education with a "Special Education" minor (YES, I KNOW the name of my minor may offend people in today's climate BUT THAT IS what my minor was listed as in 2004), and an Ed.D. in Educational Design. (* Please note - I tell people I only have 4 degrees because I sound like a snob if I list all of them and I find people are not receptive to me, so I purposely ONLY count the associate's, BA (all 3 as one), M.Ed, and Ed.D. People are more responsive to and comfortable with 4. 😉) With that stated, I grew up as a minority (N.A., Spanish, and caucasian) with a single mother (until she remarried a lawyer when I was 10) and visited my father (who works at Pratt & Whitney) and my stepmom. As a youth, we went bargain shopping, to craft fairs, car and gun shows (with dad), hunting, snow mobiling, 4-wheeling, and to many derbies. I even married a Marine (1st time around) my sophomore year (of 2 of my B.A.'s) before meeting the love of my life years after my divorce ... I will admit, my first marriage was "young love" composed partly of love and partly as my way to get away from family. That stated - My education may be spectacular but I consider myself "well rounded" in all that I have experienced. I agree that vernacular is completely entrenched in locale and is influenced by socioeconomic standing at the time it is utilized. P.S. You are an amazing and resilient woman! 😁

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@creativemomma15: I don't have anything outside of what Google offers on the progesterone levels ☹️, the beta sounds good though! Low progesterone is an easy fix if that is indeed the problem! You'll get progesterone support (pill, vaginal suppository or shot... Shot might be IVF only?), if you get the choice between vaginal and oral, I'd go for the vaginal because the oral made me feel terrible... And at the very least, I imagine vaginal will bypass the upset stomach I had.

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: Your P4 looks adequate but, if you are worried, call your OBGYN or RE and request vaginal progesterone to help support your pregnancy. You will probably take it between 9 and 12 weeks. Your HCG looks AH-MAZING! I wouldn't worry too much; however, if you are worried, the suppositories will atleast give you piece of mind.

38. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Sams Mom: @Kaohinani: Thank you ladies! From googling it seems like I'm okay on progesterone? I've just been stressing about this today and rushed to try to get my lab work done in time to get the results before the OB closed but no luck there. I will talk to them in the morning and see what they say. I can already tell my anxiety is ramping up with this pregnancy because of our loss and I'm a little nervous about handling all of that.

39. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks for the tip on vaginal vs oral. I think I remember you having a hard time with the oral from another board.

40. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Kaohinani: Those valentines for your daughter are cute! Bringing back many memories of making those in school. I'm pretty sure we called them fortune tellers. I don't think I ever heard cootie catchers until this thread!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee