Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: I, absolutely understand your worry and frustration with your P4 number but, relax, mama. (* I know it is NOT helpful to be told to relax but I'm doing it anyway. 😂) Studies have found that high stress is just as bad for pregnancy as inconsistent or low progesterone levels. As I suggested, just ask for vaginal progesterone as a precaution if you are that stressed. Good luck and keep us updated.

P.S. Aren't the Valentines cute? ... Unfortunately, my hands are killing me and I never want to see another one again! 😶🤣😂

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 12 Update:

❄🍫🍷💕 FEBRUARY 2019 POAS 💕🍷🍫❄

2/4: Clementine12 - (October mama)
    2/10: Creativemomma15 - (October mama)
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches - 🤞
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/22: Sam's Mom
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/24: SweetCaroline

Good luck, ladies!

🙋‍♀️ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    • BhBee
    • Lazb
    • Karenbeme
    • Jessiemuller88

@ PhillyBaby2013: How are you holding up?

3. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Kaohinani: Thank you! I do need to relax.... It's just hard to feel so out of control with life at times. Thank you for the advice. And I bet your hands are killing you with all the folding! I had good ambitions this year for Valentine's but totally bailed and just did plain basic dollar store sets!

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: Dollar store cards work just fine ... I, honestly, don't believe the kids care where they came from as long as they get one (and even better, if there is a treat affixed! 😉). T picked out hers (from Amazon) since so many kids in her class make fortune tellers/cootie catchers. I was recruited to help and ended up doing 85% of it! I should have signed them from me! 😉😶🤣 Maybe, next time, T will take more initiative. 🤷‍♀️

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Yellowbeach: , @Lazb: , and @Foodiebee:
    Is cramping and ovarian discomfort along with sore nipples at 3 dpo common after an injectable cycle? Since this is my first cycle, I have nothing to base my "normal reaction" on.

6. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Nerd power! 🤓 Our backgrounds are pretty similar. I grew up with a single dad, who repairs equipment for local tv stations, mom was a waitress who died when I was in 1st grade, the NE version of rednecks—guns, snowmobiles, demo derbies, etc. I rode horses, but spent my weekends mucking stalls from the time I was 10 to make that happen. My dad moved our family in with his NY gf (they’re still together almost 20 years later, so serious gf, but never married) when I was 16, (she’s a nurse) but for most of my life it was me, my dad, and my sister. I went to college on a full academic scholarship (thankfully) at Goucher College in MD and then did an MS in social science concentrated in history and anthropology at UChicago, with the thought of continuing on to a PhD, but decided I wanted to leave after the masters. I started working in non-profits, got into applied research, which led to data science, and a few years ago went back for a masters in applied statistics. I usually mention both masters because they’re really different, and I feel like my social science background really sets me apart from other data people that are often mostly programmers. Which is the long way of saying I’m stumped as to why we had cootie catchers in ME and you had fortune tellers in CT. 🙃

7. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@creativemomma15: I don’t have a lot of advice on what levels should look like, but I totally identify with wanting to read the results ASAP and not wait for a call. If the internet says 21 is normal, try not to stress yourself out about it (easier said than done). And I hope you get the results you’re looking for tomorrow. 🤞

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ok, maybe my glass of wine was too heavy a pour, but here’s a thought I had today for all of us POAS addicts. What if every time you wanted to POAS at a totally unrealistic time (oh I don’t know 4DPO hypothetically speaking) you opted to do a Ménage à moi (AKA click the mouse) instead... Dangerous replacement addiction or win-win distraction? It’s cheaper at least? 🤷‍♀️

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: 🤣🤣🤣

You know why I knew what that was immediately? Because click the mouse isn't what I call it...

Grace & Frankie on a Netflix 😂

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I’ve reached a new level of crazy I think.

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I mean, it's not flawed 🤣

And I'm pretty sure none of us can judge... At least none of us TTC for very long can.

I think I'm getting cocktails at my birthday dinner Friday, I haven't drank since Christmas!

12. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: That’s a distraction I could get behind 😂😂😂

@Sams Mom: Oooh, enjoy your birthday drinks, lady, you deserve it!

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I plead the 5th on all accounts 😂 ... Also, would you happen to have a response on cramping, ovary discomfort, and sore boobs on CD3 after an injectable cycle? 🤷‍♀️

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: You are fascinating! 😃 Thank you for sharing all of your background ... it was so interesting to read about the past of someone who is a relatable contemporary!

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: glad you tagged me, I haven’t been able to come on today and I would have missed this. Unfortunately I’ve never done an injectible cycle, only clomid (sometimes with trigger), so cant really answer lol.

Also, I need to find time to come back and catch up more! But as for the easy stuff, I’m 35, mostly from Texas and called them cootie catchers.
    We are leaving for Disney Friday morning and I’m trying to get everything packed and ready, but hopefully I can come back and answer more thoroughly tomorrow

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you for getting back to me! "Cootie Catchers" seems to be the popular choice. 😂 I hope you and the family have a spectacular time at Disney ... I'm jealous!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Have a great day, ladies!

As for me, Ovaview is keeping my OV at CD16; however, FF decided a 4th rise in temps means I OV-ed on CD17. 🤷‍♀️ IDK which to believe [so I guess I will write I'm 3/4 dpo today]. My oral temps place me at 4 dpo. Heck, I could have OV-ed the night of CD16 and into CD17 ... then, they would all be accurate. Honestly though, in the scope of all the things I need to worry about, this is pretty much the last face (item) on the totem pole. Off to start my day ...

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: Oh sorry missed the post. Must have been distracted 😇 but no, haven’t had that experience personally.

I’m working today in the ER. Wondering what kind of cases I might see. Every holiday brings in lonely people with depression sadly. Wonder if I’ll see any priapism or sex snafus 🤔
    ❤💖💘❤💖💘❤

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Hahaha. 😂🤣 Priapism! Before I became serious with my husband, I was dating an attorney who represented clients with medical conditions caused by medications ... Besides birth defects, Priapism was one of the top causes for people to sue pharmaceutical companies! He would tell me some unbelievable stories! 😉😳😂

20. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

This thread moves so fast!
    I’m thinking more chemical 😐 but I think you guys are right it would be better just know then to torture myself comparing line! I’m going to call to try and go today.

This looks bad right? Ugh. I am getting faint lines too on dollar store but they look kind of like these. I want to say today’s is slightly darker and came up faster. Is clearly pink in person.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Turns out this will be a one hit wonder if I end up pregnant 🤷‍♀️

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'll take a closer look later, but good call on the beta

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: The 11 dpo looks darker than the 10 dpo, so that is a plus. I would definitely either get betas or test again in a day or two ... If you have a slow doubling rate of 72 hours versus the standard 48, there would not be much progression between yesterday's and your test this morning. Personally, I would get a beta so you know where you stand. *hugs*

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: You are in good company. 😉
    Our ooops was our only down and dirty without functional proper prophylactic protection (* Check out that alliteration there with the "P's!" 🤣)

25. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: ps of my now 7 pregnancies, 4 have been one hit wonders including my accidental (which is crazy to say now that I’ve been through all of this) but amazing daughter 😉

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: my son was an accidental one hit wonder 😂

Which is so weird after trying this long

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I don't know that I would call that a chemical. Honestly I don't see anything on them except for what seems like the same evap/indent lines that most of us have gotten.

28. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@mrskansas: I know they are hard to photograph but they are pink in person (and show up on dollar store too)
    I have had many negatives also so I do feel like there is something but you’re totally right it’s hard to say. A beta will be the best bet I think.

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I agree with the beta.
    TTC absolutely sucks after recurrent loss

30. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I agree with others, that 11 dpo looks darker than 10, but also that you should check in with the OB for another level, serial quantitative tests will tell you so much more than stressing yourself over changing lines. This whole thing is so hard after multiple losses.

31. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@karenbme: totally sucks.

I don’t know if I can keep doing this honestly. I’m seeing clients today with unplanned pregnancies that are struggling and others that are just happy and pregnant and I just can’t handle it lately.

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: That has to make it extra hard when you see pregnant people all day. :\

This is coming from someone that in no way could just NTNP. But would you NTNP or take preventative measures to avoid pregnancy? I'm getting a little down about it all and just trying to figure out what my breaking point is before I hit that breaking point.

33. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: I don’t think so. I think I’ve decided that if I have another loss (chem lr otherwise) that we are going to do a vasectomy. I get pregnant really easily and I know it would just keep happening and cause stress.

I think our kids are now older and for our family I feel like the age difference between them as well as our own ages is feeling at its limit. And to be honest the losses have been hard on our marriage too and I’m not sure we can sustain a lot more.

However who knows - I have been in this place before and here I am lol.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: out of curiosity, how old are your kids?

35. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: they will be 4 and 6 😊 both will be in school September! I know lots but of people have made the age difference work and I’m sure I could too, but it just feels like a different phase of life between them. I don’t know.

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I went full you this morning and googled a bunch of papers on Vitamin D deficit and it's effect on autoimmune thyroid disorders. (thanks to mrs.kansas' seasonal depression thread)

I am pretty stoked because there is shown to be a link between low vitamin D and larger thyroid size, also it can effect your weight (gain) and of course mood (which is also fried thanks to hashimotos).

Guess who bought Vitamin D supplements today. I guess if they help at all I am going to talk to my endo about testing my levels.

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm on your page for sure. I know lots of people make it work, and some even intentionally space them out that much... But once my son starts Kindergarten, I feel like I'm starting over at that point with another baby, and I don't know if I can handle that.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Awesome! I'm glad to read that you were able to research and find a possible remedy to your issue! 😁

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I just can't believe I've not had my Vitamin D levels tested in all these years. I also passed it on to my older sister who has Hashis too. I know that not every correlation shows causation, but it is something like 75-93% of hashi patients has very low Vitamin D levels.

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I've got a nearly 11 year old and a freshly minted 4 year old. If I conceived this cycle, DD would be 11 and DS would be 1-1/2 months shy of 5 ... So, one in JR High, one in Kindergarten, and one (or 2 or 3 ...) newborn. 🤦‍♀️😂

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee