Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Kaohinani: I know! It's a win either way... but after 2.5 yrs TTC I think I have (kinda) given up on the baby. At least Hawaii is something I can control. We were married there in 2012 and spent a month there in 2014 when I was pregnant with my daughter... so I'm soo ready to go back! It's been too long.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mrskansas: I am absolutely jealous 😊 and won't even deny it!

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 10 update:

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12
    2/10: Creativemomma15
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/22: Sam's Mom
    2/23: Kaohinani
    2/24: SweetCaroline

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    β€’ BhBee
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Karenbeme

4. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@yellowbeach: What is that, 10 DPO? I say leave it Sounds like DD's illness was just a fluke. Hope you guys have a fun party!

5. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@mrskansas: I LOVE Hawaii. Jealous!!

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I updated on my other post, but long story short, I think I will be joining you ladies again soon. Also, my HCG is down to 26, so getting there

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: Based on the odds you mentioned on your other post, I believe optimism is in order. Good to hear your levels are still dropping and not stalling out.

8. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: thanks, me too

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Yay! We love you on the POAS board .... I am hoping this cycle is yours for a sticky bean! πŸ€žπŸ˜‰

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: so is the Peppa Pig party still a go?

Happy birthday to your LO too 😁πŸ₯³πŸŽˆ

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @Yellowbeach: OMG, I was so busy today I forgot about Lil' Yellowbeach's b.day and party! I hope she is having a great birthday.

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just an interesting study from the New England Journal of Medicine on implantation, conception, and loss ...

Time of Implantation of the Conceptus and Loss of Pregnancy | NEJM
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199906103402304

It highlights the most successful implants are between 8-10 dpo (* so testing would indicate high enough HCG at [approximately] 10-12 dpo with a 48-hour HCG turnover). This study cites implantation from 6-18 dpo. Remember, every woman and pregnancy is different so while these statistics held true for the study, IRL the application may differ and more "late implant" pregnancies will be successful. It also did not take into consideration why certain pregnancies failed (chromosomal defect, improper implantation placement, or the AMH of women).

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Chuckles: @PhillyBaby2013: @FuzzyPeaches: @Bees_knees: @MrsKansas: @Yellowbeach: @Paranundrum: @Sam's Mom: @SweetCaroline:

Question for the ladies still on the board;

What is the absolute earliest you have ever POAS? We have some POAS addicts here, so I'm curious ...

I'll start -
    Mine was at 5 dpo "just because everyone else was" and I knew it would be BFN. 😢🀣 When actually testing, I have tried at 7 dpo after a huge temp dip at 5 dpo but I knew it would be a negative in my heart ... my next test that cycle was at 17 dpo when I was "late" but it was still a BFN. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜” 9 dpo is my gold standard bc that is when I got my BFP with DS.

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: 6 dpo? If we're counting when I actually knew what was going on (read should have known better). When I was younger and dumber and fully embracing my sloot phase πŸ˜‚ and didn't know for sure how everything worked and thought you could get pregnant anytime of the month? Hell it could have been O-6 for all I knew πŸ˜‚

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Love it! πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

16. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

Hey ladies! I’m here to cheer you all on this month! I hope to see some BFP’s in the next couple of weeks.

I just left my follow up appointment with my RE.
    πŸ™„ essentially nothing is wrong. DH’s swimmers are top notch, so is my egg quality and hormones. Pretty much summed it up to shit luck. I know it’s a good thing nothing is β€œwrong” but I was kind of hoping there was a reason for our 4 losses.

We can try next cycle if we want, so I’ll be joining the March POAS board!

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Glad to hear that things are good, and I totally understand the frustration. We’re in the same boat. According to the RE, everything looks great for people our age, which on the one hand is good because maybe next time we’ll have better luck, but also means there’s nothing we can do to prevent another loss.

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thank you for being a cheerleader this month!
    All of that news sounds phenomenal (albeit frustrating with no real answer for losses). I hope next month brings you a sticky BFP.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12
    2/10: Creativemomma15
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/22: Sam's Mom
    2/23: Kaohinani
    2/24: SweetCaroline

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    β€’ BhBee
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Karenbeme
    β€’ Jessiemuller88

20. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Kaohinani: crazy tester hereπŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Earliest was 7dpo. I tested twice today at 8pdo even though I still knew it was too early. Despite that I still studied those blank tests for quite a while trying to see anything remotely close to a line.

I didn't get positives with my other 2 until 10dpo but I'm going to continue to test until AF probably twice a day. Last cycle I even tested after AF started bc I wasn't ready to believe it was really my period. I was tempted today to buy FRERs but talked myself out of that craziness since I have like 40 more pregmate tests at home. If I do get a BFP I'll continue to test for probably another week. Waiting and watching for that tiny line is so addicting.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Phillybaby2013: this is so me! It could be white as white can be, but you bet your biscuits I'm studying it in various lights and camera filters πŸ˜‚

22. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@LAZB: yay! So glad to hear it.

@Kaohinani: I think 8 or 9 DPO is my earliest. I got a BFP on 9 or 10. It's hard with POAS at the end of the month...like HEY everyone else already knows, why not me?! The temptation to test early is so strong!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SweetCaroline: that is the worst! My shorter-average cycles move me through the month, so sometimes I'm the first of the month, others times everyone else has moved to the next month and I'm still waiting.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: welcome back! I would so want an explanation for multiple early losses... But I guess no reason is better than a reason you can't fix πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Everything crossed for a sticky one.

25. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: This is really interesting. There are a two things that stand out to me: the first is that they’re defining implantation as the day when HCG rises above 0.015 ng/ml, but the sensitivity of pregnancy tests is 5 miu/ml, and it’s unclear what the conversion is between the units. Without knowing the conversion it’s impossible to do even back of envelope math on when you would get a BFP with implantation (by this measure) at 9 or 10 dpo, which is frustrating... (I did find one reference in a spec for a blood HCG test that indicated 1ng = 15miu, which would mean they’re finding HCG levels of ~2.25 miu/ml, which means ~2-3 days before a BFP with the most sensitive tests, but I’m not 100% on the source.)

But the other thing is that this only applies to losses before 6 weeks, and implantation date had no impact on loss after 6 weeks. Even though the N there was small, a p value of .59 is basically no relationship, so implantation day seems to be insignificant after 6 weeks. I’d be curious to see a follow up with info on what they call clinical pregnancy loss, although I imagine it would be hard to get a big enough sample size.

And yes, reiterating your point about every pregnancy being different and even with implantation at 12 dpo there were still successful pregnancies. At the end of the day, statistics only have meaning in aggregate.

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: the reason I test so early... Aside from 0 self control... Is because I literally tested at 28-30dpo πŸ˜‚, I NEED to know how soon I can actually get a positive

27. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: @PhillyBaby2013: crazy tester here too. I test at 6dpo when I have cheap tests! It’s a real addiction..

@Karenbeme: I’m happy to see you on here! I hope you get your sticky baby soon. I feel the same way as you. Hopeful it might happen but afraid we will just lose more.

28. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: thank you and I hope this is your lucky month. I read what happened with your cycle, and I hope one of those eggs is the one. (Two would be awesome too).

29. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: true, true. I like your perspective. I’m crossing everything for you too!

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm just getting a transplant from kaohinani if there is more than 2 πŸ˜‚πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ i swear the moment I convince myself I can't get pregnant and accept it... I'll get pregnant

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani @SamsMom: we went through with the party and everyone had a great time. One of the care partners I work with in the ED made this amazing cake! DD is sound asleep as I will be shortly.

32. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@yellowbeach: that cake is amazing! I'm glad everything worked out with the party.

33. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thanks, you’re sweet. I’m not really on here yet, though. We’re not officially trying again until April or May for timing reasons (my best friend is getting married at the end of October and I want to be sure I can make the trip). But we forgot a condom once right around O day. Likely a long shot that we conceived, but the first time we made an embryo we were easing in and only hit the window once, but immediately got pregnant. Holding it in was giving me crazy anxiety so here I am, where, as @yellowbeach said, all crazy is welcome.

@yellowbeach: That cake is amazing! I can’t believe it wasn’t made by a fancy cake decorator. Glad everyone had a good time. πŸ˜ƒ

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: that is freaking awesome!!! I'm glad she had a good time and didn't have to be sick on her birthday.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

So TempDrop is being a stinker this morning and I can't record my temps! Today would be the day I receive my crosshairs. Ugh! πŸ˜”πŸ₯Ί

P.S. I will be back on to respond after I take care of the pups, unload the dishwasher, and take some me time in the gym.

Update: I couldn't focus on my exercise routine until I ameliorated the TD issue (*read as: I want my d#mn crosshairs & I was obsessing! πŸ˜‚), so I downloaded the raw data from the website and bypassed the app altogether. (Common sense for the win!) I got my crosshairs AND this cycle looks decent. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

P.S. What happened to the remaining 2% in my FF stats?!?!?! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ It can't be anovulatory as the OV day is confirmed for all charts included.πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ Is it for margin of error? πŸ€”

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Phillybaby2013: & @SweetCaroline:
    Thank you both for responding! πŸ‘πŸ˜ It appears 7/8-ish dpo is the standard 1st POAS.

@jessiemuller88: Thank you! I hope this cycle is fruitful (but not TOO fruitful! 🀣) Also, thank you for responding to the inquiry! Wow, 6 dpo is crazy-early. What is the earliest you received a BFP?

@Karenbeme: YES! EXACTLY! Thank you for bringing up the conversion between 0.015 ng/ml and 2.25 MIU (which seems insanely low even for a blood serum draw considering >5 MIU is when most physicians deem a woman pregnant). It seemed freakishly low as a benchmarker for pregnancy considering non-pregnant women can have an HCG level between 0.25-5 MIU at any time throughout their cycles! I thought it was just me, though. Thank you for finding interest in the study and for "talking nerdy with me!" πŸ€“πŸ’¬πŸ€“

@Yellowbeach: OMG, that cake πŸŽ‚πŸ° is spectacular! That is a crazy amount of fondant work! I am so glad it was a successful party and DD had a wonderful birthday!

@Sams Mom: How are your OPKs? How about your chart ... anything good? I really hope you and DH can work schedules to do the dirty! πŸ˜‰πŸ€ž

37. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@yellowbeach: that cake is amazing! My son loves Peppa Pig and would have freaked over that cake!

@Karenbme: well I’m glad you are here for the time being and have a place to get it all out. I love this community.

@Kaohinani: my earliest BFP was 9dpo.

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: hoping for a positive this afternoon based on last night's. Managed to sneak one in this morning when he got home from work. So I'm not out for sure at least.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: YAY!!! Maybe you can hit him up again before he leaves for work?

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Warning - TMI! 😯😳

So, got back from the gym to find I am soaking wet with CF (odd for me due to my Sjogren's syndrome and I am post ovulatory). Also my progesterone-induced heightened smell sensors are kicking in ... I can smell EVERYTHING. I know what has caused my heightened sense of smell (happens every cycle) but I am assuming the CF is due to the high exchange of progesterone from the [finally] decreased levels of E2. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I don't know if it can be blamed on the meds as well. Also, our "ooops" was O-2 and I have not called the RE to report it -- should I? I was just going to wait it out and not get them all up in arms over something that may not transpire, but DH thinks I should tell them anyway. πŸ€”πŸ˜Ά I am torn but feel like I shouldn't say anything unless I come up pregnant. Any thoughts πŸ’­?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee