Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Well, I have been silently lurking (again) on the board but I have good news. FF gave me crosshairs for O this month, only 2-3 days later than my β€œtypical” cycle date for ovulation. I think you could categorize us as NTNP and looks like we only got O-3 this month, so I don’t want to have a POAS date. Figure though, I should start trying to join in on the discussions!

2. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@yellowbeach: get anything good on call yesterday?

I was on call yesterday too. I was on Surgery call though. I am Urology, so after this year all those priapism and penile fractures are mine! Haha

3. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

I'm out ladies. Negative test this morning and AF showed up shortly after. Guessing that test was an error. On to next month. Good luck to the rest you, I'll be cheering you on!

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Yellowbeach: Where are you? I need your ER expertise!

Background: I was playing with my pup when she adjusted her grip and chomped down onto my thumb. She pierced the flesh. I immediately rinsed it out bc I fear infection. I wrapped it and held a cold compress on it. 10 mins later it was still bleeding and hurts like all heck. I put a bandage on it, reapplying pressure while I held the compress then graduated to holding my hand over my head (so it was above the heart.) The bleeding has stopped (unless I accidentally bend my thumb and split it open) but it is still crazy sore.

My question: Since it's a dog bite, should I go to urgent care or the ER, even if the bleeding has ceased?

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MsHangry: Yay! I am so excited for you!!! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ’™

@phillybaby2013: I'm sorry to read you are out! 😟 Thanks for becoming a cheerleader!

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: most entities are moving away from ABX for dog bites unless there’s high risk for infection (street mutt, pt is immunocompromised, etc). Cat and human bites definitely get ABX. If you go to the ER they legally have to report the bite to animal control. Not sure how you feel about that. They would probably do an X-ray to look for a retained foreign body or fracture, but unlikely. They won’t sew it up bc they don’t want to trap the bacteria in. You might need a tetanus update if it’s been more than 5 years. That help?

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Yes, ma'am. Super helpful! Thank you. Unless it gets worse than reopening and bleeding (which it did now after clearing the supper table), I will self administer care as I am 1st aid (and CPR) certified AND since I do not want my puppy reported. I appreciate your advice.
    I think she knicked a vein (gladly not an artery! πŸ˜‰).

I have decided to put my old hand brace on to immobilize my thumb so it stops opening. πŸ‘

8. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Man, I have a hard time keeping up!

@Phillybaby2013: I’m sorry you’re out!

@Kaohinani: oh no! I hope your hand recovers well and doesn’t keep reopening for you!

9. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@fuzzypeaches: sorry to hear about beta numbers. πŸ’•

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I apologize to anyone who may be hypersensitive to blood or injury. I just realized that some people may be disgusted or nauseous at the sight of blood or injury. I wasn't thinking ahead when I posted for Yellowbeach's advice nor for my update. I am heartfelt in that I do apologize.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: Thank you. πŸ’™ Since I keep accidentally moving my thumb (and reopening it), I rebandaged it and put on my thumb brace from when I dislocated my thumb last Christmas. Hopefully, it heals faster with the extra support and immobility. πŸ˜ƒ

12. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Kaohinani: Hopefully that helps! My DH had a dog bite injury on his hand last year and it was hard to keep it immobile for him too! His was much more dramatic though with needing stitches, rabies shots, etc. I’m glad you don’t have to mess with all that!

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I think you may be psychic!!! 😯😱(Atleast with my cycles and temps!) You guessed my OV date AND, yesterday, you said TD would give me a high temp and I'd go triphasic! Mind blown 🀯 ...
    (I hope TD lets me keep it!)

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m liking that dip. How’s your thumb this morning?

Small dip for me this morning but temped earlier than usual thanks to DD yelling β€œbah-woooon” (balloon) all morning.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Your chart looks great! Bah-woon 🎈, eh? ... That is adorable [but probably not as cute as I think when DD wakes you for one! πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚].
    As for me, It is still a bit sore this morning; however, that is to be expected. I did get the bleeding to stop last night, and in order to immobilize it, I put my brace on (from when my thumb was dislocated). It has worked spectacularly well. πŸ‘πŸ€ž

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Lazb: Hope you are having a spectacular time at Disney! πŸ˜ƒ I was reading about both "oops" and TI after a cancelled cycle and I happed upon an old post from YOU! You were reiterating the same story you told me about your friend who had triplets... It was so cool (& comforting) to see a familiar name.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I know these things πŸ˜‚

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: πŸ€” Then, please πŸ™, tell me you "know" that I'm pregnant with a singleton (or twins) and make it happen. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I do have a good feeling about this cycle for you, but I worry about HOM too 😢

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Confirmed 3 dpo (still hoping TD adjusts 2 dpo up)

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12 - (October mama)
    2/10: Creativemomma15 - (October mama)
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches - 🀞
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/23: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    β€’ BhBee
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Karenbeme
    β€’ Jessiemuller88

22. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Hi crazy alert over here
    I’m going for my second beta today (first at 11dpo was 12)

And I wasn’t supposed to test but today’s is darker πŸ€” I think it’s still looking bad but I have a spark of hope I think.

This is 11 at the top, middle is 12 (can barely see it) and bottom is 13 (today)

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: woot woot! Today's is noticeably there! I have everything crossed for you lady! Let us know how the betas go!

24. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@fuzzypeaches: !!

25. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Sams Mom: @bhbee: thanks ladies. I think it will still be a chemical but who knows. Thank God you guys encouraged me to do betas otherwise I would be losing my mind

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: you're pregnant until proven otherwise, and I've got everything crossed this is your sticky baby

27. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

So it's 10dpo and my temp is still up-ish, not falling, but not rising either. I'll add my chart too.

@Kaohinani: I'm sorry about your thumb, I hope you're feeling better already. I hate having injuries on my hands, they hurt a lot even when they're not that bad, because hands tend to be on the move most of the time. Sometimes accidents just happen with playful pups, at least in our home they do. No blood so far, but a lot of bumps and bruises.

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: Lovely temp spikes from both of you!

@fuzzypeaches: The bottom one is definitely a lot darker, fingers crossed!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: yay for sustained temps!

29. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh, I forgot and remembered just now! I took my temp 45 minutes earlier than usual, something woke me up, might have been the dream where my tooth fell out with the root and all... So my temp might be a bit higher really. I usually just keep the temp I get if it's not more than an hour earlier.

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: mine was usually lower if I woke up early (crazy how it's different for everyone). I really hate the dentist, so teeth dreams would have freaked me out 😳

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS! πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒ
    I have had a good feeling about this cycle for you and have been super hopeful since your 1st faint BFP. That is why I thought betas would be the definitive for whether or not you truly are pregnant rather than HPTs ... I can't wait to hear that your beta has doubled! πŸ’™

@Sams Mom: Your chart looks great! πŸ‘ I'm hoping we both get our BFPs this month!
    P.S. I'd even take triplets at this point! πŸ˜‚

@paranundrum: Your chart looks spectacular! πŸ“ˆ Since you have had no spotting yet, I'm REALLY hopeful and excited that this may be your lucky cycle!

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: thanks girl I’ll update for sure when I have the result

How’s your hand?!

@paranundrum: I might have missed this (this thread moves so fast!) are you going to test soon??

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I can't wait! 🀞

As for my hand, it is still a bit sore this morning. I did get the bleeding to stop (FINALLY) last night, and in order to immobilize it, I put on my brace (from when my thumb was dislocated last year). It has worked spectacularly well ... and I hope there are no further complications. 🀞

34. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: It's the same for me. I meant my temp is lower as I took it earlier and might have been higher if I had taken it on my usual temping time. Second language problems...

I'm not fond of going to the dentist either, but unfortunately have dreams about teeth falling out quite often. This one was especially creepy, because it felt so real.

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: you're doing much better than I (and English is my only language πŸ˜‚, unless you count redneck)

That is especially promising lady!

36. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm still refusing to get my hopes up. Ask me again on Tuesday. But I really appreciate your support, thank you for that!

@fuzzypeaches: I usually don't test at all, I rarely have a reason to as my temp drops or I start spotting. My POAS date is the 20th and I probably won't test early.

37. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: If it were me, I would most definitely count redneck.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: It is ONLY 3 days away! πŸ˜―πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Sam's Mom and I will be excited and hopeful FOR YOU. πŸ˜‰πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€ž

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I know you will and you can bet on me returning the favour!

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee