Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@SweetCaroline: all I can say is that I have had a pos at 8dpo for 5/7 pregnancies. One of those I am not sure bc wasn’t planned and the other one was this one πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
    I think it depends on your level of crazy (or next time I should not start testing so early bc this is what happens)

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@SweetCaroline: Ask me tomorrow morning 😜

3. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Just echoing yellowbeach, don’t worry about taking over, we’re all on here because we’re a little neurotic. This whole process is so stressful when you haven’t always had the fairytale ending.

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Everyone considering POAS tomorrow morning should, at least to distract me from symptom spotting at 3-4 dpo... Because you know, so many legit pregnancy symptoms this early πŸ˜‚

5. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Ahh not good news 😐 beta was 15!
    Now I am just going to hope for a speedy finish.

Thanks everyone for all the support, this is such a great community!

6. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@fuzzypeaches: ugh that sucks. Sorry lady.

7. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Oh, I’m so sorry. Hopefully with levels that low it’ll go fast. πŸ˜₯

8. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm so sorry. I've been checking in today hoping for good news for you.

9. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@fuzzypeaches: damnit. I’m sorry you are going through this again.

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@fuzzypeaches: damnit. I'm sorry lady

11. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm so sorry!

I just popped in for a really quick update as I won't be online until tomorrow. My temp was lower today and it seems I have started the slow decline to af. 11dpo today.

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@fuzzypeaches: 😒 hugs

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Ugh! πŸ˜– I spent all day waiting and woke to read your news! I am so, unbelievably, sorry. πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜’ I REALLY thought this could be a sticky one.

@Yellowbeach: Why not test at 8 dpo? You know, just to "try out your tests ... for science?" πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ (Wow, look at me pushing POAS onto someone! You all are getting in my head. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€£)

@paranundrum: NO! Your temps can't be falling! 😟

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ugh look at this temp drop πŸ˜”

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: At 8 dpo, such a dramatic drop could be 4 things:

1) Since it is an open circle, it may have been higher ... Early waking (or an unrestful sleep) and mouth breathing (combined) would cause a dramatic downward shift.

2) A corpus luteum dip- an empty follicle is left behind after ovulation. The follicle collapses and becomes the corpus luteum which is a temporary glandular structure that secretes both E2 and P4 in preparation for the possibility of conception and implantation. The instability between E2 and P4 during the shift causes a dip in temps. It occurs (most often) between 5 and 9 dpo.

3) An implantation dip - between 6 and 12 dpo ... so a dip at 8 dpo would make sense!

4.) The one I'm hoping the least - low temps starting the depressing downward spiral to AF. (* But, we are going to stay hopeful and positive that it is too early for this! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘)

I can't wait to see if your BBT rebounds tomorrow! 🀞

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: I can’t help but assume it’s bad news, but to respond, yes, I did wake up earlier today as I’m working 7a-5p. I suppose both 2 and 3 are still possible given that I’m only 8DPO. My LP is typically shorter than FF has planned for (I think it’s reading from the last two medicated cycles and adjusting out).

I didn’t test this morning after I saw that because if I saw a squinter, this would be more reason not to believe it’s real, and I just didn’t want to go down the false positive route again. If it was negative, it’s still to early to declare myself out. So I made coffee and am headed to work for a good 10 hour distraction. πŸ™‚

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I'll stay hopeful for #s 2 and 3. πŸ€žπŸ˜‰ I, absolutely, understand your hesitation in POAS at this time and your draw to realistic-pessimism as you have been bitten one too many times with false positives and are deeply affected. I can not wait to see if your temps rise tomorrow.

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

7 dpo - My BBT fell a tiny bit from yesterday, but, if I get one more high temp, my chart goes triphasic. Triphasic charts mean very little to me as, in the last year, I have gotten a handful of them ... Years ago, I only got them during successful cycles. πŸ€”πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Chart candy:

@Sams Mom: How is your chart looking this morning?

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: How do you find the lower part of the chart you posted with the percentages?

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Go to "charts like mine." From there, hit the "STATS" button and it should display your stats in comparison to women with similar BBT and patterns. You may also "Filter" your criteria first (to include unmedicated or injectable cycles, the same amount of BD-ING, neg before positive HPTs, etc) and then check your stats using those variables. My chart (in my last post) is just based on my post-ovulatory temps and BBT pattern so it is only biased as far as the amount of shared charts in the pool are. Keep in mind, it does not completely take into consideration your age, how long you've been TTC, infertility, or if you have undergone ART unless you enter that within the filter setting.
    Good luck and happy stat searching!

21. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: I’m sorry to see your drop today, but as Kaohinani said, it really could be any number of things at this point. Hopefully you’ll have an easy day at work to distract but not stress you out.

22. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: You’re still really high though l, so fingers crossed it’s just a blip and you go triphasic tomorrow!

23. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Ugh--I'm so sorry.

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: Thank you! I am hoping you are correct. πŸ‘πŸ˜ I usually have a 16-day luteal, so it would be crazy-early (and probably due to the cancelled Follistim cycle) if my temp began it's decline halfway through my LP. Hoping to go triphasic (and have it MEAN SOMETHING this time) πŸ˜‰!

25. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@fuzzypeaches: oh no, I’m so sorry

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: not a lot going on here. It adjusted yesterday's down some, but still on the rise.

I know it very well could be because of my full bladder, but my left ovary hurts soooo bad this morning.

ETA: I don't know why they moved my coverline down like that. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Not that it matters

27. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@fuzzypeaches: eff. Sorry to hear.

I POAS (9 dpo) and it’s bfn. Feeling out even though it’s so early. Weirdly at peace with it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: booooo, but at least you see a doctor this cycle!

@yellowbeach: I vote 2 or 3 also; but by chance do you know a roundabout guess of what your LP is outside of retrieval and transfer cycles?

@Kaohinani: that chart looks amazing. I know I know triphasic doesn't always mean pregnancy for anyone, and statistically you... BUT, I think there are babies!

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@bees_knees: you've got time yet, but it sucks getting that single line test for sure.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@bees_knees: I know how you are feeling as I have felt the same before: Slightly crestfallen yet at peace. In any case, most implantations occur AT 9 dpo so you still have PLENTY of time for a possible BFP!

@Sams Mom: Thanks! πŸ’™ I would love to be KU with a baby (or babies) but IDK, some of my mid-cycle cynicism over my chances has started to kick in and I find myself hopeful but realistic.

31. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@Kaohinani: @Sams Mom: Thanks! 2/3 of my pregnancies I’ve gotten BFPS by now which isn’t helping πŸ˜† We’ll see what tomorrow brings!

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 18 Update-

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12 - (October mama)
    2/10: Creativemomma15 - (October mama)
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches -
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/23: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline
    No POAS date: MsHangry
    TBD:
    Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ:
    β€’ BhBee
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Karenbeme
    β€’ Jessiemuller88

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: usually 10-12 days.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: so hopefully too soon for the bobsled run to AF. I vote corpus luteum or implantation 😬

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

A page for anyone who charts BBT or for those interested in it (and do not use FF):

https://parentingpatch.com/basal-body-temperature-chart-patterns/

Unfortunately, while it devotes a section to fallback rise and implantation dip, it does not expand upon the hormonal exchange between E2 and P4 which produces the corpus luteum dip (which occurs after fallback, yet before and around implantation).

Non-symptom update:
    At the moment, I am bloated, crampy, and starving ... and my left breast is sore. The TWW is cruel! 😑

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I just changed my chart to FAM (fertility awareness) after I had changed it to Manual a day ago because Advanced didn't align with my other 2 Fertility app's charts. (I also tested out the Research monitor ... for "research" and all, of course! πŸ€“). The FAM and Research settings put me as a CD16 OV and dropped my crosshair temps about .40Β° lower than "Advanced" which had me as a CD17 OV.
    My thought - Perhaps try one (or both) of those options to see what happens with your chart?... You know, since FF already changed your coverline on it's own and all. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I find it funny that FAM and Research were identical (and only .10Β° lower to my Manual entry); however, were SOOOOOO different (by a day and .40Β°) to my Advanced crosshairs! I would be curious to know what happens with you.

Also, I kind of like the FAM mode.
    I'm sure you know all the distinctions and what each monitor covers (but just in case:
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fertility-Friend-Interpretation-Methods.html. ).

My "new and improved" chart:

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I am eating chocolate (which I am not supposed to on my keto diet for seizure management) and, normally, I am a salty-savory lover (* NOT sweets! Uck!). If I don't end up pregnant with my cravings, I will be p#ssed!

38. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Enjoy it while you can. You never know.

As for me, I’m normally not a napper, but dozed off on the couch this afternoon, so now I’m suspicious, too. πŸ”ŽπŸ”ŽπŸ”Ž

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: πŸ€žπŸ˜‰ I would love to have you back in the saddle of the TWW on the POAS board; however, I absolutely understand any hesitation or concern. If you do become pregnant, I will be one of your biggest and loudest cheerleaders. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

40. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: thanks. πŸ˜‰ Our first pregnancy was a one hitter so I might be, but it’s doubtful. I’ll be back for real in the spring, though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee