Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: My first (DD) was a "one-shot deal" as well (before DH went on a month of training within his MOS). DS was a week long "welcome home" after DH returned from his last deployment ... AND, since we had an "oops" this cycle, I'm hoping it manifests as a BFP [and I am not picky as I would be happy for a singleton or a lower number of multiples]. πŸ™πŸ€ž
    Whenever you are ready to join the POAS board, we will be grateful to have you.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 19 Update-

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12 - (October mama)
    2/10: Creativemomma15 - (October mama)
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches -
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/23: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline
    No POAS date: MsHangry
    TBD:
    Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ:
    β€’ BhBee
    β€’ Lazb
    β€’ Karenbeme
    β€’ Jessiemuller88

3. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

Welp, I most definitely am NOT pregnant this month as AF arrived. Which probably also explains why I was so friggin grouchy earlier today πŸ˜‚ it also only gives me an 8-9 day luteal phase, presumably because I’m still nursing 5 times a day. We’ll see what CD I ovulate this cycle, we don’t want a December baby so we’ll actively avoid if that’s how it works out! This will be our last baby (according to DH...I’d take 2-3 more haha) so I’m weirdly ok that this didn’t happen asap! Plus I get to use my new fancy saalt cup, so there’s that πŸ˜†

I’ll still be dropping in to cheer everyone along, don’t worry

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@bees_knees: well boo! I'm glad it's all good though, that makes it easier to stomach if expectations weren't too high.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: ok genius pants (or as my bestie used to call me Doctor Nurse Lady, he thought I was basically a doctor because I read too much, but clearly had low standards πŸ˜‚)

What is the effects of fever, cough, lung crap on potential pregnancy? Hubby's bacterial infection is killing me, made an appointment to see my Dr tomorrow. But if he treats the same as my husband's doctor, I'll get a shot of antibiotics in one cheek, steroid in the other, then a prescription of Prednisone & antibiotic.

Is my cycle toast?

6. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

Well would you look at that sad looking chart... I doubt even Kaohinani has any positive statistics. I have also had light spotting since early this morning.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@bees_knees: While I am sorry you didn't get your BFP, I am glad that you aren't extremely upset and can remain positive.

@Sams Mom: You may wish to direct this inquiry to one of the physicians, NPs, or pharmacists here on HB. This is what I am aware of: Would it harm a blastocyst (or embryo) OR mess with your menstrual cycle? ... No, not necessarily. Make certain you tell your physician that you are TTC and in the TWW. Certain antibiotics (* Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Clindamycin, Erythromycin, Penicillin, Ampicillin-Sulbactam, Ceftriaxone, Cefixime, Metronidazol, Cefotetan, Cefazolin, & Cefoxitin) are more "pregnancy friendly," as are some steroids (* Corticosteroids such as prednisone are one as are most topical steroids). As stated, the prednisone "should" be fine (* it was labeled as a category C pharmaceutical due to lack of testing on pregnant test subjects and the finding that DAILY use throughout one's pregnancy can cause low birthweight and minor defects) ... Nothing seems to cover short term use in the 1st trimester. As far as any of it causing a blastocyst or embryo it's demise, chances are less than one percent. It has been found that prednisone can delay an AF by a day or two; however, evidence is "spotty" (pun intended) at best.
    How are your temps today?

---------------------

As for me, my BBT dropped again today. I'm losing faith in this cycle. I am wondering if a 3rd LO is meant to be if I can't even conceive after 4 follicles [potentially] released ova. 3 years trying ... It is getting a bit sad.

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: If you look at some charts (on FF) there are a few where the end-cycle temp plummeted around the coverline temp only to increase again a day or two later and pregnancy was found post dip (* this would signify a later implantation and a shift in P4) ... Also, a few pregnancy charts show this dip AFTER a BFP was established. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ The only thing disconcerting is that you are spotting. For individuals who do not spot, spotting may be an early pregnancy symptom; however, for those, such as yourself, who spot a day or two before AF, it is far more ambiguous and could likely be the onset of one's AF. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ In any case, you aren't out until AF definitely shows.
    P.S. a 12/13 day luteal phase isn't bad so at least, you've got that going for you! πŸ‘

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: my RE told me he only ever cared about illness of fever was 103.0 or higher. Just stay hydrated.

@Bees_Knees: Sorry hon 😞

AFM caves and tested a day early, but would you look at this shit:

Temp recovered some, so I figured what the heck, I’ll take a FRER just for @Sams_Mom. As soon as I pull it out of the foil I see this indent. But just to have something to stare at, here’s also my test. πŸ€―πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: In the case of a possible implantation dip at 8 dpo, you would have to wait 48 to 72 hours before receiving a measurable amount of HCG so, I'm not surprised it would be BFN. I hope that you receive a BFP in the next couple days 🀞 ! The indent on the FRER even BEFORE you used it is a bit disconcerting, though. πŸ˜’πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

11. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m afraid people think I have it out for FRER this is real and here’s the proof! I’m honestly ok if it stays BFN. We’ll be moving right along into our retrieval the first 13 days of this next cycle. Kind of excited to get started. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: FRER has it out for everyone (except me ... I can't EVEN catch an indent on one, never mind a second line! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­), so even if you did have it out for them, it would be understandable! πŸ˜‰
    I am so glad that you are relaxed this cycle and at peace with whatever happens due to your excitement over your next retrieval. That stated, I would be pretty stoked to see a BFP from you this or next cycle. 🀞

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: temp spiked way up there (99.85Β° axillary), but I'm leaving it to TD for it to do its thing since they've adjusted a 100Β° down.

I feel like death, and I'm going to find whoever gave this to my husband, on my BIRTHDAY, and dump germ-x all over them. Sam has it too ☹️

@yellowbeach: thank you for the input lady. I'm going to get on the fluids, because although I woke up feeling like I'm going to pee my pants my mouth is sooooo dry.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: That is terrible that you all are ill! πŸ˜• I'm hoping it is short-lived and you all begin to feel better soon! πŸ€’πŸ€’πŸ€’

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani:

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Incidentally, I was wondering something- When you receive your BFP, will you have to increase your dose or change thyroid medications for your Hashimoto's. I was thinking about this because of your query on pregnancy safe medications... AND THEN, I considered your current treatment in the light of the fact that pregnancy runs havoc on one's metabolism and can affect both T3 and T4 levels.
    FWIW, my curiosity was partially linked to my own issue as I had to go off of my anticonvulsant medication. Topamax (with or without Vimpat) is the ONLY medication that has ever kept me virtually seizure-free without terrible side effects; however both Topamax and Vimpat are huge no-nos during pregnancy and can cause birth defects. I am being allowed to continue with hydrochlorothiazide (lowest level allowed) and occasional use of Norco for Fibromyalgia flares (only up to 8 mos pregnant as babies can be born in withdrawal if low dose opioids meds are administered [regularly] within the 1st 2 weeks of birth.)

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: my first appointment will include thyroid blood work. My meds are safe for pregnancy and actually required because off levels can cause miscarriage.

I'll have a total of at least 4 thyroid checks during pregnancy. Mainly because there is different ranges to maintain for each trimester, but also because Hashis likes to swing your levels around

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow, you must be ill! (* And I thought my temp rises were impressive... You have me beat! πŸ€£πŸ‘) I see you tried out the "Research" monitor setting ... I prefer both Research and FAM over Advanced atm. I think advanced factors in too many variables (such as OPK, CF, CP, all pre-ovulatory temps, etc) which can widely disagree even in a regular "normal" cycle and makes said monitoring less stable.

19. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Sams Mom: Scrolling through without reading, I saw your chart and thought, "holy cow, that looks amazing." I always am in the 99-99.5 range in my LP, so the raw temp didn't surprise me. Sorry to hear you're feeling bad.

@Kaohinani: All my fingers and toes are crossed for you this cycle, and you're only 8 dpo. Not sure what your normal cycle looks like in terms of when your temp starts to drop, but this would be really early for the slide down to AF. I still have hope that one of the four follicles took this cycle!

@paranundrum: Sorry to see this.

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Soooooooo, I didn't realize that, today, TD adjusted 2 of my temps. My chart looks MUCH better now (and my stats are not too far off)! IDK if it will amount to much or if signals "my lucky BFP," but it is decent and still triphasic πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ *shrugs*

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: See new updated chart on my last post.
    To respond: My temps usually begin a decline anywhere from 12 dpo to the day before AF (at 16-17 dpo) with no consistency between cycles. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜’ I'm always on the lookout for declining temps around 12 dpo.

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: yeah my thyroid keeps my temps low. Like before TD when I temped orally I would be low 96s in and low to mid 97s in FP

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Did you see that TD modified 2 of my temps? I was such a doofus and forgot to check past days for modifications this morning πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ ... My temps don't look as dramatic (or on a severe decline) as they had before I noticed my snafu. I also only got 5 hours of sleep last night (compared with my 7-8 average) due to DH and me watching movies SO, honestly, IDK if that would effect my outcome as I was only asleep for 2 full hours when TD recorded my highest temp at 2 am (for the device read of 3 hours before I woke). πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I'm wondering what tomorrow's read will bring.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: that looks stable instead of decreasing, which is good.

I don't think that less sleep should cause a problem this far past the algorithm, since that's what the TD is marketed for.

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I didn't think so either, but I have read info stating that since one's highest BBT is 3 hours before waking AND since for an accurate BBT one must accrue at the least 3 hours of sleep, the algorithm may be mildly flawed... also, for people who only get 3 hours of sleep, it reads your starting bedtime BBT as your TD temp. So, for the most accurate read, one should get 6 or more hours sleep (which is fine with brief night waking but not for long periods).
    Even with any inconsistencies, I still LOVE my TD!

26. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

So I got my first + OPK at 7am on 2/8. How many DPO would you all guess I am? 9 or 10?

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mrskansas:
    You would OV between 18-36 hours from then. Ovulatory ranges are between 8-48 hours; however, the majority of women will find that they ovulate between 12 - 36 hours after their LH surge (with the most frequent being between 18 and 24 hours). Assuming that your darkest OPK was 7 am on Thursday, you would have ovulated any time from Friday at 1 am to Saturday after midnight (using the most modest numbers), but, in all actuality, you could have even ovulated by 7 am on Saturday. Your current dpo range would be 9 - 11 dpo. With 9 if you OVed on Thursday evening to 11 if you OVed Sat morning.

Are you temping? If you are you will see a sustained BBT rise and can pinpoint OV by give or take 5 hours.

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mrskansas: I would put you at 9 dpo (I based it of the fact that I O the day after my positive)

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Anyone want to "Non-symptom" spot with me? πŸ˜‰πŸ€£
    (I need to kvetch about these Progesterone-driven symptoms SOMEWHERE since DH won't understand or care one way or another! πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‚)

Non-symptoms at 8dpo :
    β€’ low achy cramps
    β€’ BLOATED!!!
    β€’ Super hungry
    β€’ Craving things I normally dislike (or don't eat) - a chocolate with my coffee this morning AND onions (bleck! 😝) in my lunch salad!
    β€’ A sore left nipple

P4 is a confusing, nasty lady! πŸ˜’πŸ™„πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

30. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Sams Mom: @Kaohinani: thanks ladies!

Regardless of what DPO I am, I got a this morning.

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mrskansas: well boo

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mrskansas: Awwww, that stinks! πŸ˜• Perhaps test Wednesday πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ just in case you implant today? Keeping fingers and toes co-ed for you! 🀞

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

AFM: They masked me when I got to the doctor. My systolic & BP are high and a 100Β° inner ear. Waiting to see the doctor still.

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Kaohinani: I'll probably test tomorrow morning or Wed. And if still , we are booking our trip to Hawaii So I won't even be upset.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mrskansas: I am SOOOOOOOO jealous ... win-win either way! πŸ˜πŸ‘ Gosh, how I miss living in Hawaii! Take me with you! I am small and can fit in an overhead bin! πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: No bueno, mamacita! πŸ˜• Keep us updated. I hope it isn't something serious! πŸ€žπŸ™

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: no flu, got amoxicillin and tesslon pearls

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: That is great news! πŸ‘πŸ‘
    I'm hoping you have a speedy recovery! πŸ’™

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Kaohinani: the flight to Maui is looong from the midwest! The overhead bin might get a little tight

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Sams Mom: feel better soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee