Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

13 dpo - BBT is back up. Hoping it stays that way!

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 24 Update-

❄🍫🍷💕 FEBRUARY 2019 POAS 💕🍷🍫❄

2/4: Clementine12 - (October mama)
    2/10: Creativemomma15 - (October mama)
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches -
    2/18: Bees_knees
    2/18: MrsKansas
    2/19: Yellowbeach
    2/20: Paranundrum
    2/23: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline
    2/26: Kaohinani
    No POAS date: MsHangry, Jessiemuller88, Karenbeme
    TBD:
    Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

🙋‍♀️ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders 🤸‍♀️:
    • BhBee
    • Lazb
    • Karenbeme
    • Jessiemuller88

🤫😉 The scandalous "Ooops/One-shot club":
    • Kaohinani,
    • Sam's Mom,
    • Karenbeme,
    • Jessiemuller88,
    • MsHangry

3. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Kaohinani: yay! Looking good

4. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

As for me, never slept long enough yesterday to get a basal temperature. So, crosses my fingers for this morning and... 97.60, the favorite temperature of my body/thermometer 🙄

5. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

So, not sure still if we will try again, I’m going to talk to dh more this weekend and we have an appointment with my re on Wednesday.
    I did get my period (while at Disney, woo hoo! lol) so I’m cd6 now, and won’t do clomid or anything, so taking the month off.

For those of you who have had several losses, especially with a confirmed genetic abnormality, how did you decide to try again? Even though my chances are still low for trisomy 21, I’m worried about something else, potentially more serious, happening next time. It worries me to risk it when I have two healthy children at home, one that is a little “difficult “ and requires a little extra effort (speech therapy, a little bit of behavioral stuff). I don’t want to take away from them and their needs any more than necessary. I know that they both really want another sibling, which tugs at my heart.

6. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Looking good (both your night and your chart!) I’m still really hopeful for you.🤞🤞🤞

@MsHangry: 😕 Waiting without knowing is the worst. It’s crazy that your temp is so consistent from day to day.

@LAZB: My situation is really different from yours, but I want to send ❤️ I’m sure you’ll come up with a plan that works for your family, whether or not it includes more kiddos.

AFM, I’m losing hope. My boobs stopped hurting yesterday. And my PMS sweet craving hit me like a tidal wave around dinner time. Idk when, but AF appears to be on her way. I’m bummed that I’ll never really know if this was just a weird cycle or a CP, mostly because I want to believe I know my body well enough to know that my symptoms weren’t just high progesterone or something. I’m pretty sure at least that it isn’t an EP, because I continued to feel pregnant with those, so that’s positive.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MsHangry: Thank you! 😁 Your BBT is extremely encouraging, but I do understand the feeling of uncertainty when in limbo. Really hoping for good things for you. 🤞

@LAZB: Yay for AF!!! 👍(* It is just a bummer that it came while you were on vacation.) As for whether or not you and DH decide to try any longer, that is completely your choice as a couple and I know that all of us on HB will support whichever you choose. To respond to your inquiry. The losses I suffered with my EX-H were due to chromosomal abnormalities. He had ejaculatory issues, and freakishly low count, and motility with terrible morphology. It has been soooooooo long that I don't remember his numbers BUT, from a fertility standpoint, he was nearly sterile. That stated, in my 20's, I was freakishly fertile (How I wish being freakishly fertile was my case, now! 🙄) and could catch a spermy with my eggs even with his sperm "issues." When I lost them (all very early on) they were assumed to be due to chromosomal defect due to his sperm (From what I have been told, he and his current wife still do not have children 13 years later due to his issues. Absolutely not my business, of course.). With my CP this last Aug, I refused to figure out (* or be told) what the cause had been but it was probably due to early OV of an immature ova (which has 46 instead of 23 chromosomes and, when fertilized, will gain an EXTRA 23 from the sperm. 🤷‍♀️). I will state that you ARE lucky to have 2 beautiful LOs; however, I know that won't make your decision any easier (and statements like that aren't helpful) ... I am frequently told to "be grateful for your 2 and stop trying for a 3rd bc it may not be God's will or isn't meant to be." It is actually frustrating for me to hear it (and I am uber-stubborn and just keep TTC).

@karenbme: Thank you so very much! 💕 With DS, my symptoms kept coming and going until around 6 weeks when the super-sore breasts and 24-7 exhaustion kicked in ... So, you never know. 🤷‍♀️ I am keeping hopeful for you, even if you are not.

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Might have another short LP on the way 🤷‍♀️

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: OH, NO! 😖 I am hoping that your BBT redeems itself tomorrow with a nice rise! 🤞🤞🤞

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@LAZB: big hugs. It’s hard! We had similar conversations after trying for our third and losing the pregnancy, our 5th loss but not in a row. I knew with age the chance of another loss was high, and I found ttc very stressful, and those two things were the reasons I considered quitting (eventually we did both come to terms with stopping when bfps didn’t come easily and got lucky on one of our agreed last months). But we didn’t stop trying right away because our family still didn’t feel complete to us. Our last loss was also random (t22 or something rare like that) and there’s no higher chance of a special needs child now than there was before your loss, so if it feels right to add to your family then I would consider that against the pain/stress of trying every month and potentially losing another. We feel very complete with our third but also had come to feel ok with two before we got lucky. There is no right or wrong for sure, just give yourself time and don’t close doors would be my advice. A few months off if you need to think is ok. I always thought about this famous benediction that has a line something like May God give you the grace to risk something big for something good. That is what we were doing, and we knew it might fail, but the chance was worth it. I still tear up when I think about it.

I’m sorry this is so rambly! I’ve had all the feels about this, and I know it’s easy to come from my perspective on the other side of getting lucky vs being in it. Big big hugs while you consider

11. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@LAZB: hey girl. I was following your story and just wanted to reach out.
    This is something I’ve been struggling with a lot. I was talking to a friend and she told me that I’ll just know when I’m done trying. She said from her experience there was a month when she just felt she couldn’t go through the chance of more heartbreak.
    I kind of feel personally I’m starting to get there. Where as before I couldn’t fathom the idea of not having more kids lately I’m feeling more calm/acceptance. I’m still not sure what I will do this cycle but just wanted to give you my commiseration in what is an awful time 💕 and pass along what felt to me like real advice that wasn’t a hopeful story or a devastating one, it just felt to me like it came from real life if that makes sense. Xx

12. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@LAZB: I've also been thinking a lot about this since we had our 4th loss in a row. For me, the main thing about knowing that I'm not ready to stop (and can accept the consequences of continuing to try), is that even though I've said, "I'm done" in my head a hundred times, I can't get myself to say it out loud and definitely not to my husband.
    The other reason for not stopping yet are that it's not impacting my marriage or DS yet. I've tried very hard to not fixate on it and stay engaged in other stuff, even when I have to keep track of meds and whatnot. We're also really trying hard to keep sex fun. DH and I are also mostly on the same page about TFMR if we got a sticky pregnancy with major genetic issues. Though we do disagree about T21. He would definitely want to terminate and I am not sure how I'd feel.
    Sorry this is so long, but one last thing, and related to your most recent loss, is that all of mine have either been before 6 weeks or a blighted ovum. So emotionally I think it's been a little easier to deal with. I do think that if we had a later loss or had to TFMR, emotionally I might have to stop because I'd be so devastated. Because of when/what type of losses I've had, once we see a heartbeat, I will feel like it's going to be okay. And if it's not, I don't know what I'll do. But of course, it's easy to say that now. I don't know how I'd really feel at that time.
    And I agree with @fuzzypeaches:, I think I'll just know when I'm ready. I had said initially that if we don't have a healthy pregnancy by the summer, we'll be done, but we'll see.

13. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LAZB: I can definitely appreciate the fear of a recurrent loss due to a chromosomal issue - that's specifically why we are doing IVF again... which may seem extreme to others, but out TFMR was so emotionally exhausting that for protection of our sanity, marriage, and DD, we just don't want to risk it, or at least want to do whatever we can to minimize the chance. For us that means IVF, for others that might mean not trying, adopting or some other scenario. I question myself if I should stop - if I am too consumed with TTC and missing out on focused time with DH and my adorable DD... but I know in my heart I'm at least not done trying. It might not work out for us and eventually I could come to terms with that, but I'm not ready to exit the game yet. You've been through so much. While your heart is wounded, it's still a solid compass. I say follow it.

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I don't know, headed to my parents house for the night and didn't pack any tests 🤷‍♀️

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@karenbme: @Kaohinani: @bhbee: @fuzzypeaches: @Chuckles: @yellowbeach: thank you all soooo much for your thoughtful replies. I know it’s such an individual decision, and really appreciate all of your thoughts and experiences. Dh and I talked more today, but didn’t really get closer to any decision. I think we will know more after meeting with the re.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Girl, if you do not get your AF, I NEED you to test as my anxiety is unbelievably strong. 🙄😟 My RE's office said if I do not get my AF at 18 dpo (since I have such a long luteal phase) to test THEN.
    #stressed. #SoManyMildSymptoms #confused #cravingQUESO3mealsAday. #SlightCrampsConstipatedBarelyWantToEatBesidesAnythingCoveresInQueso

@Lazb: I will support you in whatever decision you and DH make, but please know that you will be sorely missed if you decline to TTC any further. You have been with me since my start of HB and we have been through so much. I will be waiting for an update on your status once you meet with your RE. Fingers and toes (right foot only for me due to my broken foot! 😳😂) crossed that you receive a response that affords you comfort. *hugs*
    P.S. IDK I'd you read the post where I screenshot your WB board from years ago (in which you told another woman the story of a friend who had triplets the same as which you shared with me) but, you gave me hope that I "may" have a chance this cycle ... and you continue to do so with every comment you afford me.

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LAZB: I'm really sorry

Our experience trying for our first was sort of shitty, though I'm appreciative that it was not nearly as bad as what some people here have experienced. First some trouble conceiving - most likely due to poor egg quality. Then I got pregnant but had an SCH, ended up on bed rest, was really sick, and it ultimately ended in loss. Then in turned out that the pregnancy was (likely) a partial molar pregnancy. When two sperm fertilize a single egg. It runs a 20% risk of abnormal tissue growth after and 5-10% risk of placental cancer developing, which is pretty darn high. So I went back for hcg draws weekly, then we had a chemical pregnancy (but it could have also been the start of an abnormal growth, so I had to start going for hcg draws every other day for a couple of weeks). I think this actually kind of put it in perspective for me - like the loss really sucked, but hey, as long as I end up not getting cancer from the pregnancy, I'll call it a win. IDK what I would have done if I already had kids at home, but I just kind of pushed through and tried to focus on other things. I did put a limit, like I was only willing to go through three losses towards the end of the first tri or later, then we would have pursued another avenue. It helped to have the limit, I think.

I have to take DS to children's hospital for regular appointments for his allergies, and I see children there with severe deformities, hooked up to lots of machines with severe chronic conditions, etc. And it is just so heartbreaking, I can't imagine seeing your child suffer like this, day after day and year after year. The risk of something like that happening really does scare me, but it could also happen to another relative regardless of having another kid, so I try not to think too much about it...

I hope you feel some resolution soon

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@periwinklebee: Wow, periwinkle! Amazing story.... thank you for sharing (even if it was meant for Lazb). 💕

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Has anyone on here wanted a baby (whether the 1st, 2nd, 3rd through 10th) so bad that they find themselves "bargaining" with the universe or a higher power?
    #IamThere. #WhereIsNumber3AfterSoLong? #WhyIsntLifeFair?!?!?

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I guess I'll test tomorrow or Monday, depending on if I get to the store tomorrow.

And to answer your question, yes. I have begged, pleaded, all the things.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: also told my husband I should apply for the opening at Starbucks since their insurance covers infertility.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: No way! Starbucks?!?! If Starbucks offers infertility coverage, I am not returning to the university (I worked as a Barista at the "Landing Zone" @ Quinnipiac for work study for 2 years!) ... my butt will go the way of corporate java sales!!!!

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Kaohinani: I didn't even realize it was biologically possible for two sperm to fertilize the same egg, and then for it to develop into a baby with a heartbeat, until I had the experience. There are like billions of them swimming around and if they get to the egg at exactly the same time, they can both fertilize it. But it's super rare - my RE said he had almost never seen it, and he was pretty old. I also didn't realize that sperm are literally programmed to take over a woman's body, so that when two of them fertilize one egg (or one fertilizes an egg without any genetic material inside, which leads to a full molar pregnancy), then the tissue can grow like crazy. It is very straightforward to treat if caught early, which is why I had to get so many HCG draws... fortunately the D&C got everything so no further complications at all.

Good luck to everyone this month Rooting for you all!

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

14 dpo - Cramps and "UGH!!!" This morning's BBT is not promising. 😖🥺😢😭😭😭

ANNND, an hour later AF hit with a vengeance!!! So, ALLLLL my weird non-symptoms were simply progesterone overload. 😟
    I will be visiting the RE on CD3 (Tuesday) and checking to see if this next cycle will be "on." I knew chances for a successful BFP THIS cycle were slim, but I was extremely hopeful it "could" happen with so many mature follicles.
    #NoSuchLuck. #Bummed

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I set up a March 2019 POAS board for the ladies with March POAS dates ... Feel free to join:
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/march-2019-poas#post-2873658

27. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: 😟😟😟 Ugh... I’m so sorry to see this! Everything seemed so promising for you. Good luck with the day 3 appointment, I hope you’re on this month.

28. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m sorry to see this too! I hope your next appointment with the RE goes well.

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Temp rebounded, which is a miracle because I'm at my parent's house... Because they could keep penguins here at night.

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Wow! Your temps are so promising! 🤞

@karenbme: @Jessiemuller88: Thank you, ladies. It is a huge let down 🥺. I am really hopeful that my next Follistim cycle may be better.

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: No No No! 😤 really had high hopes this month. Curious to hear what the RE says on Tuesday. I would think you’d be able to move forward this cycle just with lower diesel maybe. Thx for making March POAS. That’s my next stop this morning.

@SamsMom: very intriguing chart! 📈 I’m logging in each morning with your chart being the first thing I’m scouting for. 🤞🤞🤞

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: oh no 😭 I’ve been checking to see what happened with you and @Sams Mom:

This is such a shitty proces but you have such a great attitude 💕 I feel positive you will have this baby soon but I wish this had been it for you

@Sams Mom: I am dying for you to test!

33. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Kaohinani: no! So sorry AF came and this cycle was such a rollercoaster..

34. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

As for me, I’m getting crampy and have some spotting starting, so I think AF will come on schedule tomorrow or a day early later today.

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: @fuzzypeaches: @MsHangry: Thank you, ladies!
    Hopefully, March will be my lucky month for a BFP.

36. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: ack! I'm so sorry! I was SO hopeful for you.

37. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Sams Mom: chart looks beautiful! Fingers crossed for you.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SweetCaroline: Thank you , I have been pretty bummed out. I was so hopeful that an "oops" with 4 follicles would lead to "something." Instead, I feel a bit defeated ... If this cycle with 4+ ovulating, how did we NOT get pregnant?!?!? Next cycle, they want 3 follicles or less soooo what is going to happen in that scenario?!?!? 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Non POAS good news, one of my former co-workers/references told me he was contacted by one of the jobs I applied for Thursday or Friday

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Officially the longest I've waited to test and still a lot of nothing at 11 dpo. I know I'm not using super sensitive tests, but it's what I have at home right now 🤷‍♀️

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee