Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@Clementine12: thanks! I love how none of us have self control about testing. I was planning to wait until Saturday morning but I needed to go to Target this afternoon so I bought my tests today. And then waited about 1 minute after getting home to poas.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Chuckles: I meaaaan... ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

I need yellowbeach or kaohinani to come in with data and trigger to ovulation. I do know that it's supposed to be something like a day for every 1000 units of your trigger for it to be gone. Conservative is 10 days for 5000 and 14 for 10000

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Chuckles: Iโ€™ve had trigger show up at 10dpo but I so hope itโ€™s real and gets darker!!!

4. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@bhbee: do you remember if yours was an ovidrel trigger or one with a higher amount of hcg?

5. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Chuckles: I always did ovidrel. I think 10dpo was the latest I saw a false/trigger line but of course there are so many factors to each cycle that Iโ€™m sure it varies.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: yes 1000mU/ day is what my RE told me. I still had some trigger at 10 DO trigger with 5000u that one time though. Iโ€™d wait two days and then youโ€™ll know for sure. Easier said than done I know.

7. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@yellowbeach: wait two days?! Ha, I just told my husband, the sooner I go to bed, the sooner I can take another pregnancy test tomorrow But, really, thank you for the info. So on average it would clear a person's system after 10 days but obviously there's a lot of personal variation, is that correct?

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Positive or not quite? Digital read low, not even high. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

9. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Chuckles: I hope this is it for you!!

@Yellowbeach: I would say, not quite, but you are super close!

10. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@yellowbeach: pretty close. You could always test again in 12 hours, but you'll probably ovulate soon regardless.

AFM, nothing this morning. There's maybe a tiny bit of a squinter, but it's definitely less than yesterday. I'll definitely test out the trigger next time.

11. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Chuckles: Iโ€™m sorry just a word to be careful testing trigger too ... because tests are not really accurate enough at super low levels, you can one day get a stark white and think itโ€™s gone and next day get a super squinter from trigger again. I know from experience ...

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: not quite yet, I'd say this evening's will be, tomorrow at the latest

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Hi, ladies!
    I am soooooooo sorry for my absence. My DD and I had a terrible stomach bug ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ’ฉ and I had a 4-day migraine. I ended up in the ER ๐Ÿฅ for fluids ๐Ÿ’ฆ as I had dehydration and dangerously low potassium (not a 1st for me ๐Ÿ˜’). Currently, my DS and hubby are getting over it. DH has to suck it up because he has drill with the reserves this weekend... Poor guy!
    I am still [kind of] in the running this month even with a cancelled cycle. I don't know if I did OV or when I will as I had not had a positive OPK but have signs of OV. I called the RE and was told that because my E2 is so high, I probably won't get a positive LH strip ๐Ÿ˜ฒ so I should just watch my BBT ๐Ÿ“ˆ. We have been careful (I have been so sick that BD-ing was the last thing on my mind); however, this morning, we had a condom break ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ SOOOOOOOO we will see what happens in regards to that. ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‘ถ Hopefully, I get pregnant, but not with triplets or higher multiples. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

On to my messages to everyone:

Thank you to all for the kind messages in regard to my cancelled cycle, as well as, to those who were concerned over my health.

@Sams Mom: Thank you for being amazing and keeping up the board. I couldn't imagine anyone better to share a board with. ๐Ÿ’™

@Lazb: I read your thread update. My heart goes out to you and I am so sorry that you have gone through this. I am glad your body is making it's way back to reproductive homeostasis so quickly. I hope you find answers and everything is easily resolved so you may have a successful (and well-deserved) pregnancy.

@Yellowbeach: Thank you. Also, that OPK looks damn near POS. If you remember, I have had 3 cycles where my CBEAD and my OPKs disagreed. Either you are catching the start of your surge or the LH tests are reading incorrectly. In either case, the only way to know for sure is through your BBT in a couple days. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

@Paranundrum: My fingers ๐Ÿคž and toes ๐Ÿ‘ฃ are crossed that this will be your BFP cycle!

@SweetCaroline: @autumnmama79: @FuzzyPeaches: @clementine12: @Creativemomma15: Thank you.

@MrsKansas: I hope this month ends with your BFP as you have been through SO much.

@clementine12: Congratulations!!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽˆ I wish I had been on to congratulate you properly the day of your BFP.

@Chuckles: I am soooooooo hoping that you get your BFP! ๐Ÿคž While it may still be the trigger at 10 dp trigger, the chances are slim. I am looking forward to seeing today's HPT.

@Phillybaby2013: Welcome to the POAS board! ๐Ÿ˜

I can't remember if I forgot anyone ... If I did, I apologize.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Update for page 5:

โ„๐Ÿซ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿท๐Ÿซโ„

2/4: Clementine12
    2/10: Creativemomma15
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches
    2/18: Paranundrum
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/22: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline

Good luck, ladies!

๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    โ€ข Yellowbeach
    โ€ข BhBee

15. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Good to have you back, you were sorely missed.
    I'm glad you are feeling better and about that condom break - we have some excitement for this month after all, even though it's supposed to be a cancelled cycle. Hoping for the best!

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you so much! It is nice being back.

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Kaohinani: oh man what a rough few days!! I'm glad you are on the mend!

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Cycle day 23

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Chuckles: ugh, I'm sorry. The trigger can be such a mind f#ck. I've been there many times, unfortunately

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: Condom??? Iโ€™ve forgotten what that is! ๐Ÿคฃ

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: @Kaohinani: inquiring minds need to know if you moved as fast as 2 teenagers do when a condom breaks when a litter of babies is at risk

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@mrskansas: Thank you!
    That is a beautiful OPK! ๐Ÿคž

@Yellowbeach: Seriously, I know! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have been TTC for so long that I have forgotten prophylactics even exist outside of the occasional tacky Trojan commercials on the television. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm torn because I am so hoping for a BFP; however, if we end up with higher order multiples, IDK what I will do! I assume my chances are fairly slim bc I don't even know if I have/am OV-ing and sperm has a fairly short "shelf life." ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: LOLOLOL.
    ๐Ÿค” Not really. I was like, "Oh, SH#T! Well, this cycle is messed up ... whatever. We will just end up with a litter." ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ And then DH and I laughed (nervously) and cleaned up. I figure I couldn't catch a POS HPT even if we normally bed like bunnies ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡, so even with an abundance of ova, I will probably still see a BFN.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: can you transplant the extras? I'll come to you even ๐Ÿ˜‚

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I don't think it works that way ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ but, if it did, you'd be at the top of the list for implantation of one or two embies out of a litter. ๐Ÿ˜‰

26. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

Thanks, everyone. I'm at work, but I'll respond more later. I don't feel pregnant at all, so I shouldn't be surprised or disappointed, but of course I am.

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Guys DH doesnโ€™t feel like BDing. Last night he was โ€œfullโ€ and today he is queasy. He goes out of town tomorrow for two days. Weโ€™re not technically TTC this month but I feel like Iโ€™m tired of waiting out the IVF that also might not work. โ˜น๏ธ

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: Boo... But you're still in the game with at least one of your BDs (if O is now-ish like it seems to be)

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mrskansas: That is a very very very positive OPK!

30. azaela

pea / 20 posts

Hi ladies. Can I join you to ask for some advice? I was an active member here a while ago but closed my account because my baby making years are behind me (I think). Of course, AF is seemingly late and I am getting increasingly anxious to POAS and just need a little moral support. I don't have any hpt's because the addiction is real and I would be testing every single month even if there wasn't a shot in hell it could be positive lol. I do have opk's to track ovulation and that is extremely negative so I must just have my dates wrong, right?

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Seriously? ๐Ÿคฃ No excuses for him! ๐Ÿ˜‚ My DH was nauseous as all heck this morning (* he is getting over the shared family stomach bug) but still wanted to BD before he had to head to training today (hence the condom debacle ๐Ÿ™„) and wouldn't see me until Sunday night. If he can do it, your DH can put in 30-45 minutes, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰ (Also, when he wants to BD, don't you give in most times?... In that case, no excuse.) Hand him a ziploc (to vomit in if he has to so if won't get on you, of course) and tell him to do the dirty. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š That's how we roll at our house. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@azaela: hi, my name is Sam's Mom and I'm a POAS addict... So I totally feel you!

How many days post O are you?

Do you track anything? birth control method (if applicable)? When did you last have unprotected sex?

You know all things you ask perfect strangers.

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@azaela: Hi, Azaela!
    To respond: Well, you COULD have your dates incorrect OR you could be pregnant. Using an OPK to check for pregnancy is only marginally accurate as HCG (which is chemically similar but in no way identical to LH) increases in pregnancy WHILE in most women LH may increase right before an AF begins. The lack of a positive on an OPK just means your LH is low at this time (* each woman is different so your "higher" LH numbers may be someone else's "low" level ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ) and is not necessarily indicative of a positive pregnancy test. I am not always the most gung-ho about POAS since I have yet to see a BFP in 3 years (* I didn't test the cycle of my CM); however, if you are late, what harm would it be to purchase a single 2-pack of HPTs and test? That stated, I support your choice whether you test or not.

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Hey, lady - How is your cycle looking? I forgot to ask earlier. Any definitive BBT changes to indicate a possible OV after your litany of positive OPKs?

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I had a more than average fluctuations drop in temp this morning. I forgot my work OPK :\, but I still don't have any signs of fertile CM...

My current guess is that I will O on Tuesday or Wednesday, but we shall see.

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Do you get a temp dip before you OV? I usually do so I figured I'd ask bc you could be setting up to OV today. As for the CF, fluid and amounts fluctuate each month due to the levels of estrogen and progesterone ... Perhaps your E2 is lower this month which is why you have been riding the LH wave for days with no true POS. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I used to get a drastic dip pre medicated cycles, after though, my shifts haven't been spectacular.

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: these are all pre tempdrop too, but this is what they used to look like.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Mine has been weird this cycle as well ... NOTHING like past cycles. I blame the Follistim. I did have a large temp rise this morning but didn't notice it until after the condom incident. I let TD record my temp, we DTD, and later on I went back and input my BBT into FF. I may or may not be ovulatory ATM (CD 14). ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜‚

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: as long as today is .5 a degree higher than CD10 and the next 2-3 days go up, then you most likely are. ahhh

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee