Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

BFN at 12DPO.

2. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Oh man, I'm really sorry.

I don't think I did anything differently except a baby aspirin in the morning after O. Everything else we've done before.

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I'd try with FMU...

4. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Definitely try FMU before stopping P. I took a midday HPT at 7dp5dt (12 dpo) this cycle and it was a SUPER squinter compared to my FMU test at 8dp5dt (13 dpo). I'm so hopeful for you...and we're here for you if you need support. HUGS!!!

5. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: fx!

@Hoots: did you prescribe this to yourself?

6. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Crystal: I asked my RE about it. She said it couldn't hurt.

7. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Hoots: Thanks! I'm considering trying it- can't hurt, right?

8. travellingbee

IUI is complete. DH's numbers were stellar pre-wash and on the lower end of OK post-wash. They said that's likely because of his kind of cruddy morphology. But it should be fine! Now for some Luck O the Irish!

9. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@travellingbee: awesome! How did it feel? Hope all goes smoothly and lots of luck to you!

10. travellingbee

@NorthStar: fine. No biggie at all!

11. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@travellingbee: Yayyy! Fx!

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@travellingbee: yay good luck!!

@AmeliaBedilia: did you test again this morning? Good luck!

13. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

Temp was down initially this morning but I temped early and I was cold. I got back under all the covers and rechecked at the normal time and it was about the same. The plan is to retest tomorrow morning.

DH's SA should have been back yesterday. I called and was told its in the doctors inbox with high priority. Now I'm flipping out that it's abnormal. He had a "quick and dirty" one done by his doctor who said it all looked fine, but he rarely does them. This was done at a reputable clinic. Super nervous!

14. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: My ob/gyn did that with dh's sa. I flipped too, but it ended up being the nurse just sucked at being empathetic and all was okay. Hopefully, it's something similar.

15. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

Doc just called- morphology 4% and she said normal is more than 14%. Feeling upset and hopeless. Positive stories?

16. travellingbee

@AmeliaBedilia: DH's SA he had 3% morphology. We have gotten pregnant three times. Once successfully and twice were losses that had nothing to do with his sperm. Don't feel hopeless!

17. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I've been following these IF boards but haven't commented in awhile since we are taking a fertility break. However, DH's morphology came back at 5%. We have also gotten pregnant twice (one resulted in m/c), both times on 100 mg clomid. It's not hopeless!

18. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Do you know what criteria they used? The most stringent criteria 5% or above is normal. DH's is 6%. My RE indicated that other numbers were more important (and she cleared the every day bd at DH's numbers). What were his other numbers?

19. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

I don't have the other numbers but she said the rest were great. DH has been taking a multivitamin for about 1-2 months. I will see what RE says but do you think they will do an IUI quickly or put him on supplements and wait?

20. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: My RE still continued with the IUI, even after DH's results. Look into the vitamin COQ10. DH has started taking it.

21. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Hi ladies! Had our follow up consult with the RE today to discuss results and next steps. My day 3 levels and HSG were normal, SA's numbers a little low at 14 million. She doesn't think that's a big deal but he'll test again this month.

So we now have a plan! Letrozole, monitoring, trigger shot and IUI. This is all new to me so I'm optimistic but nervous... And I have a lot of googling to do to understand everything I can about the process. Any favorite website out there that puts everything in simple terms?

Congrats on these lucky bfps and best wishes to everyone in your journeys!

22. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

First beta was 34, which the nurse said was a little low. I'm getting my second one drawn now and should know by tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. My line was darker this morning, and I know the first number doesn't matter as much as the doubling, but I'm kinda flipping out that this isn't going to work.

23. travellingbee

@Hoots: oh gosh, I'm so sorry... I've been there. Everything crossed it rises normally!
    ETA: how many DPO was your beta?

24. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@travellingbee: 12 if going by ff chart. But my peak reading on the opk would put it at one day less than that. I'm trying to keep it together, but it's not working all that well and DH is out of town until Friday.

25. travellingbee

@Hoots: Try to remember that's really early. It's got to start somewhere! I know how hard it is though.

26. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@YogiRunner: no advice, but good luck!

@Hoots: it's still early! Fx this draw is doubled!

27. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@travellingbee: @MrsKRB: Thanks, ladies. After flipping out for a bit, I think I've calmed down. I know it's really early. I probably shouldn't have looked at betabase after I talked to the nurse. I keep reminding myself there's nothing I can do to change things, and that if we were "normal" then no one would have even taken betas. I guess what will be, will be.

28. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Hoots: I had a 36 on 12dpiui. My next was 84. My son is now 18 months. Wishing you the best!

29. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Hoots: fingers crossed for you. ❤

@travellingbee:

@AmeliaBedilia: when do you meet with the RE? Don't despair, there are *lots* of success stories from people with similar numbers.

@YogiRunner: a plan always feels good!

30. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: DH is processing and not ready to make the appt yet. I'm trying to give him a few days. He started taking supplements to help. I at least want to meet with RE and find out whether we're better off giving the supplements time to work vs IUI now.

31. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: definitely speak with your RE, but I wouldn't put all your stock in supplements. My dh has low sperm count and low-ish motility abd has been taking all the Fairhaven Health supplements for 4 months, his most recent SA showed no change.

32. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@crystal @mrskrb: Thank you! AF arrived this morning after a sucky LP. Fourth month of only 9 days. Just annoying at this point. But, on to our IUI cycle... feeling hopeful! Letrozole and the trigger shot can lead to more progesterone in the luteal phase because of the stronger O, right? Banking on that...

33. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@MrsKRB: thanks, even though that was not something I was hoping to hear. I appreciate the insight.

I texted DH that I was trying to be patient, but feeling helpless, and that I wanted to work out a plan that we were both comfortable with, and asked him to let me know when he was ready. He responded, "how about we talk on Sunday about this?" I will have a hard time waiting til then, but I know if I am patient, our discussion is more likely to go well. I want to text him right now about how supplements might not work and we need an RE appt. before our tests came back, DH randomly heard about an RE open house next week and ha suggested we just go and see. We haven't said much since the results came back. I'm hoping that he starts all the supplements, stops usin the laptop on his lap (he does this all the time), and we at least go to the open house. I was really hoping to be pregnant by next cycle at the latest, since I have a high deductible and would save us thousands if the pregnancy was in one calendar year. Oh well on that.

If an RE is going to do an IUI, how quickly can that happen- same cycle?

34. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@YogiRunner: the one time I took femara, I had a 14 day LP. This was around the time my LP was 10-12 days.

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: vitamins can't hurt though! I am having the same frustrations with dh, he's taking his time and not really concerned about much and it's driving me crazy! Did he see a urologist for his SA? Maybe they could prescribe him something? My dh is now on Clomid.

I have the same question about the iui! I will be cd5 when I visit, would it be possible to have one that same cycle?

36. travellingbee

@MrsKRB: @AmeliaBedilia: if it's a medicated IUI, you have to go in on cd 3 to do an initial ultrasound. Unmedicated, it probably wouldn't matter.

37. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@ameliabedilia: that's good to hear!

FWIW re timing of an IUI, we met with the RE towards the end of my last cycle (just this week actually) to discuss test results and formulate a plan that would kick off day 1 of the next cycle (today). Then the nurse went over the entire cycle calendar start to finish, which did start with me calling them on day 1 to start Letrozole on day 3. So for me, prep for the IUI starts with the very first day of the cycle. But like @travellingbee said, you might decide not to medicate, and your treatment calendar could look a lot different. The first step is that RE appointment where you'll be guided on what's possible and what works best for you for this cycle or the next.

I'm sorry your DH is still processing while you are raring to go. An RE appointment will put everything in perspective and kick start a plan. Mine had low counts so they're going to test again at the same time as the IUI to see if that changes the game plan for any future treatments. It was comforting to hear from the doc herself about what's possible for us and how we'll do what it takes to get this baby ASAP! In the meantime supplements cannot hurt!

Wishing you peace and good vibes

38. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

The nurse called late this afternoon and let me know my beta from yesterday was 99. She was much more optimistic this call. I go back to the lab tomorrow for another draw, but I'm feeling optimistic right now and sorta silly for flipping out. Thanks for all the kind words and crossing of fingers. I really appreciate them all.

39. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Hoots: That's great! It more than doubled, which is what you want to see, right?! Crossing my fingers that this next one is just as good!

40. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Has anyone tried to take baby Tylenol to help with implantation? I read somewhere that it can help, but to only take 80mg per day. Of course, they don't sell it that low (or like the boxes that I see online - I went to Walgreens). I bought a liquid dispenser that has 160mg/5mL. If I take 2.5mL, I should be fine, right?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee